AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it alright to discuss "dreams" if they relate to the case? There used to be specific "dream" threads downstairs for certain cases, but I think they were deactivated. I've had several dreams about Isabel but have been reluctant to post. I haven't taken any pain meds ;)

Actually I am not sure as the "dream" thread was more based on professional dreams etc., and mine was just "simple ole me" type dream.

Perhaps contact a Mod regarding our own personal dreams. :)

has it been mentioned anywhere (here, MSM) why detectives brought only one of the 2 boys back to the house?

I wonder if it could be because the older boy was up later and could have seen something?

:fence:
Actually I am not sure as the "dream" thread was more based on professional dreams etc., and mine was just "simple ole me" type dream.

What do you mean "professional" dream?

This might be unpopular but I don't have a problem with families getting paid for interviews, pictures, videos, etc. I care more about what they choose to spend the money on. Innocent parents will put that money towards finding their child. Also, if they have to take off from work due to stress, they can use that money to stay afloat. They might donate money to an organization or even start their own. Guilty parents will use the money to live a more luxurious lifestyle than they were living before.

I think the younger child was also brought to the home. I recall a local reporter mentioning something, but they didn't film the other child. I could be wrong, but this is what I remember "a young male and a child that appears to be in his teens."

This might be unpopular but I don't have a problem with families getting paid for interviews, pictures, videos, etc. I care more about what they choose to spend the money on. Innocent parents will put that money towards finding their child. Also, if they have to take off from work due to stress, they can use that money to stay afloat. They might donate money to an organization or even start their own. Guilty parents will use the money to live a more luxurious lifestyle than they were living before.

I agree with you. Does anyone have a link saying NBC is paying for their hotel stay? I have not seen one. But, if you think about it I am sure their room/rooms are at least 100.00 per night and by now the cost would be exorbitant and that is just for shelter. If the rooms are being paid for by another source, I don't imagine they are handing cash or checks over to the family. I don't know it is a tough call. If I were in this position I would definitely have to help. jmo

I went to go wash some dishes so I could think about on NBC paying for the Celis' hotel room. The way I read it was that NBC has been paying for this hotel room for them, not just for the interview, but for the Celis' to stay in.

I understand why networks do this: To get exclusives, first dibs, build a relationship with the family for future story opportunities.

To an extent I can also understand why families do this, and I couldn't say either way whether I would do the same - although I do the draw the line at some point. I don't think pictures and videos should be sold of a missing child, as I think everyone should have access to whatever you are putting out there, for the sake of getting that childs picture to as many people as possible.

However, the Celis' weren't completely truthful when it came to answering the question of compensation. Maybe they didn't view it as compensation, but I think that would be pretty naive of them. The fact is, NBC is paying for their hotel room, and NBC got their first interview.

Edit to expand on thoughts:
The reason I have a problem with those statements is that they portrayed themselves to be people who wouldn't receive compensation, or didn't, and people who were taking care of themselves financially and had no reason to receive compensation. To make it clear: This does not mean they are guilty or not - but some might view it as lying about something they didn't need to lie about. And if they lie about that...

So, given this, there are two statements I have a problem with. #1 saying they received no compensation. #2 saying they didn't need financial help, that they were fine.

Love that and I am going to go do the same. Maybe some chores will get done today if I think of it that way. Thanks.

Whichever dog it was, we know one of them gave an alert because that was in a search warrant that was not sealed. I trust the dogs. If a dog alerts then it's for a reason. That reason has to be discovered. It could be for a completely innocent reason, but yes, I trust the nose of a well-trained dog. They don't lie.

"FBI search dogs, including a scent dog and a cadaver dog, hit on something in the house that police noted was "important" to the investigation on April 22. Police then executed search warrants on the Celis home and other homes in the neighborhood, though they would not say which ones."

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16233873

Whichever dog it was, we know one of them gave an alert because that was in a search warrant that was not sealed. I trust the dogs. If a dog alerts then it's for a reason. That reason has to be discovered. It could be for a completely innocent reason, but yes, I trust the nose of a well-trained dog. They don't lie.[/QUOTE]

I trust the dogs too. But, it does matter which one of the dogs gave an alert. One dog is strictly for cadavers and the other as I understand it is for scents of an unknown source. jmo

I heard it on KGUN 9 before the presser that NBC was paying for their room.

snipped

Because of security concerns and concerns for the privacy of Rebecca and Sergio Celis, KGUN9 News has agreed to withhold the location where the press conference took place. KGUN9 News has confirmed, however, that NBC News has been paying for the Celis family to stay at the hotel. During the press conference, the Celis's denied that they were directly compensated for Thursday's exclusive appearance on The Today Show or for the exclusive video of Isabel that they provided to NBC. The family released that same video to Tucson media later Thursday.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150175035.html

I don't have a problem with accepting money for the interviews for the hotel room. My problem is the lying, and portraying themselves as people who don't need to accept the money. :moo:

Also, it's probably taboo for any media outlet to say that parents who are known to be innocent made $$$ from giving an interview. The innocent parents would come out and say, "We spent all of that money on searching for our child" and the media outlet would be criticized big-time. They can mention how the Anthonys made $$ because everyone thinks Casey is guilty; they can mention about the Celis family getting paid for a hotel because people are split about their guilt. But I bet if LE had arrested an intruder, or made it very clear that the parents are 100% innocent, there's no way they would've mentioned the hotel.

hello everybody, I´m new here, I´ve just read this, and I do not get it:

Rebecca: "The first week, honestly, all I wanted to do is just hide and cry. I didn't want to be in front of you guys. I wanted to be in sitting my room, crying. (Becoming emotional). It was hard enough to be with my kids and family, much less come and talk to you guys. So I'm sorry if we did this wrong and we were supposed to be out there. But that wasn't where I wanted to be. I wanted to be with Isabel. (Becoming emotional). I didn't want to be here. I don't want to be here. I want her her with us, sitting. I don't want to be in front of the cameras. I don't want my family to be in front of the cameras. What I want is here home, and to have a normal life. This is not what we want. To be here in front of the cameras talking to the media, that is not us."

well, I´m a mom of a missing/abducted by strangers child and all what I wanted then as my child went missing was to go to the media, unfortunately it was a dictature regime and as I called red cross and other international organizations, I was in jail for almost 2 years!!!
So I do not get it, this family want to stay sitting home just not doing anything at all and waiting someone is going to bring their daughter back!!
I also haven´t seen any tears and just praying at home is not going to help!
Sorry, in my opinion I do not believe someone abducted that little girl (a perp,paedophil, or strange) but a family member(including parents) had harmed her.
I did wish I lived in USA, so I could have had a lot of support and help from the media, FBI, police, etc..... Heidi Stein

Rebecca: "The first week, honestly, all I wanted to do is just hide and cry. I didn't want to be in front of you guys. I wanted to be in sitting my room, crying. (Becoming emotional). It was hard enough to be with my kids and family, much less come and talk to you guys. So I'm sorry if we did this wrong and we were supposed to be out there. But that wasn't where I wanted to be. I wanted to be with Isabel. (Becoming emotional). I didn't want to be here. I don't want to be here. I want her her with us, sitting. I don't want to be in front of the cameras. I don't want my family to be in front of the cameras. What I want is here home, and to have a normal life. This is not what we want. To be here in front of the cameras talking to the media, that is not us."

well, I´m a mom of a missing/abducted by strangers child and all what I wanted then as my child went missing was to go to the media, unfortunately it was a dictature regime and as I called red cross and other international organizations, I was in jail for almost 2 years!!!
So I do not get it, this family want to stay sitting home just not doing anything at all and waiting someone is going to bring their daughter back!!
Sorry, in my opinion I do not believe someone abducted that little girl (a perp,paedophil, or strange) but a family member(including parents) had harmed her.
I did wish I lived in USA, so I could have had a lot of support and help from the media, FBI, police, etc..... Heidi Stein

I'm very sorry that happened to you, how awful.

I think this has bothered a lot of people, including me. It is hard to imagine being in that situation, but doing the best I can do I would I think I would be talking to whoever wanted to listen. If I wasn't out there doing everything possible to get my child out there as well, I would feel like I was doing nothing - and that seems like it would be unbearable.

I am so sorry that happened to you!! What an awful situation!

The way I look at it, perhaps if the parents did get to the media right away, maybe Isa would have been found. They may have lost a week of precious time.

I don't know how I would react if my child went missing, but I don't believe I would hide behind closed doors for a week. Time is precious and the sense of urgency would be there for me. I'd need to do something to find my child.

The Kyron Horman "dream" thread was WSleuthers' dreams who, like myself, were very engrossed in the case, dreaming often about the missing youngster, and frequently posted about their dreams. I've had several dreams about Isabel but won't post about them because I thought this type of discussion was no longer permitted.

The Kyron Horman "dream" thread was WSleuthers' dreams who, like myself, were very engrossed in the case, dreaming often about the missing youngster, and frequently posted about their dreams. I've had several dreams about Isabel but won't post about them because I thought this type of discussion was no longer permitted.

How do you find what mod is online? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member