AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isa's family didn't need to stay in a hotel after Isa vanished because their relatives who live down the street were able to accommodate them.

AFAIK, they have never stayed in a hotel and because they are returning home soon, I don't think they will need to.

During their appearance the other day, it was revealed that NBC was (and had been) paying for their hotel accommodations.

I think SC's rendition of Ava Maria said a lot and yes it was in the media and posted a few times. Add to that their constant requests for prayer and even their rosary wearing (both seen in the media on numerous occasions and posted here) goes to show they are religious. I have seen some perfect examples of unchristian like behaviour from people that attend church every Sunday (and they probably need to to ask forgiveness for their abysmal actions) - they are far less christian than I who attends church when I visit the new england area and can actually find a Church of England to attend (they are lacking in Texas)

My point was that how do any of is KNOW what is in the hearts of the Celises? Yet many are stating as FACT what the Celises are thinking and feeling and that is really not okay. Because, unless we ARE those people, it is not okay to say "Sergio was really deep in prayer when he sang" for example. There is no proof of that. It is NOT a fact, but one's opinion.

We are supposed to be sifting through facts and proposing scenarios, not presuming to be inside the heads of and speaking for members of the family who have not been ruled out as POIs in their daughter's disappearance.

I am entitled to my opinion, too, and I state it as such, MY opinion. I never say that my views are obviously facts because of what things appear to be.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing about a 911 call is that at that moment-you have a human being in terror and bewilderment and frantic-raw emotion. I for one, do not want to be some kind of voyeur into that person's unfortunate moment-besides, in a state of panic-sheer terror etc, wrong information many a time may get conveyed, so a 911 call recording may not tell the whole/factually correct story.

911 Calls are very important information and you can bet if they get released they are discussable and will be discussed here. There is a lot to be told from a 911 call.

Just sayin'

Salem

During their appearance the other day, it was revealed that NBC was (and had been) paying for their hotel accommodations.

Can you link this up, please? I would really like to see it.

Thanks so much,

Salem

with all due respect, if it's that private a matter, then we shouldn't be here at all.

hundreds of volunteers giving their time and money as well as scores of police officers, reporters, and internet sleuthers are trying to find a missing little girl. thousands of dollars in manpower, taxes, and labor have been spent, donated, or otherwise given to help this family.

i could give a **** about the parents. i want to hear the 911 call and see the evidence. unedited. so we can sleuth, unedited. obviously JMO...

But we are not LE and it is my understanding we do not sleuth the parents here...Has that changed? I'd love to know all that Le knows but not at the expense of Isabel. We seem to do ok with what we have to work with on other cases in the past with limited information.

Mods? Did something change I've missed. Thanks.

Thanks Salem, I see your answer.

OOps Salem I see my question has been answered. Thanks so much. I thought things had changed greatly and I'd missed it.

Salem, early this morning I posted the MSM link to the report that confirmed NBC was paying for the Celises to stay in a hotel. It was really a repost, though as that info was out several days ago.

I will try to find it again and repost.

Hello. This is my first post. I found this website out of interest for Isabel and tried reading as many previous posts that my time would allow so I apologize if what I am about to bring up has already been mentioned.

I noticed that Becky Celis has her facebook page made public. I wonder if it has always been public and not just since Isabel has been missing. She has a whole album of photos taken with her phone. Anyone that looks on her facebook page with a little bit of computer knowledge can easily track the location that the picture was taken (as long as her smart phone's GPS is enabled). I believe it is called geotagging? If someone was looking for a specific child in the area to target, they can look on her public facebook page and can find out where the family lives, where their children play baseball, and when they are at the ball park. It is truly scary stuff.

Another thing that I keep thinking about is how Isabel's father said that she looked really sleepy and then went in to bed. Was she told by her parents that it was time for bed? Did she go into bed on her own? I know that if my daughter (who is the same age) was given the chance to stay up, even just a little bit later, she would definitely take the opportunity. Even after a busy day. Of course all kids are different and Isabel may have been responsible enough to know that she needed a good nights rest for her game in the morning.

From my understanding her father said he saw her and was asking if she was hungry when he noticed that she looked very sleepy as she was saying she wanted to go into bed. This tells me that her parents (or atleast her father) was not expecting her to go to bed right away because he said he asked her if she wanted anything to eat. This could also be the reason that she didn't sleep with her brothers that night. She wanted to go into bed much earlier than her brothers did so she went into her own room knowing her brothers were going to stay up later.

"Because of security concerns and concerns for the privacy of Rebecca and Sergio Celis, KGUN9 News has agreed to withhold the location where the press conference took place. KGUN9 News has confirmed, however, that NBC News has been paying for the Celis family to stay at the hotel. During the press conference, the Celis's denied that they were directly compensated for Thursday's exclusive appearance on The Today Show or for the exclusive video of Isabel that they provided to NBC. The family released that same video to Tucson media later Thursday."

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/150175035.html

Hope this helps! :)

Hello. This is my first post. I found this website out of interest for Isabel and tried reading as many previous posts that my time would allow so I apologize if what I am about to bring up has already been mentioned.

I noticed that Becky Celis has her facebook page made public. I wonder if it has always been public and not just since Isabel has been missing. She has a whole album of photos taken with her phone. Anyone that looks on her facebook page with a little bit of computer knowledge can easily track the location that the picture was taken (as long as her smart phone's GPS is enabled). I believe it is called geotagging? If someone was looking for a specific child in the area to target, they can look on her public facebook page and can find out where the family lives, where their children play baseball, and when they are at the ball park. It is truly scary stuff.

Another thing that I keep thinking about is how Isabel's father said that she looked really sleepy and then went in to bed. Was she told by her parents that it was time for bed? Did she go into bed on her own? I know that if my daughter (who is the same age) was given the chance to stay up, even just a little bit later, she would definitely take the opportunity. Even after a busy day. Of course all kids are different and Isabel may have been responsible enough to know that she needed a good nights rest for her game in the morning.

From my understanding her father said he saw her and was asking if she was hungry when he noticed that she looked very sleepy as she was saying she wanted to go into bed. This tells me that her parents (or atleast her father) was not expecting her to go to bed right away because he said he asked her if she wanted anything to eat. This could also be the reason that she didn't sleep with her brothers that night. She wanted to go into bed much earlier than her brothers did so she went into her own room knowing her brothers were going to stay up later.

Welcome. :wagon::welcome:

I think that was just for the time being when they did the national media interview.

It was said early on that they were staying with family members (probably at Sergio's parents down the block) and I can understand them not wanting to do the interview in their family's home.

If that had happened the media would have been following them and camping out in front of their family's home. And Sergio's mom is in a wheelchair so she may be sickly too.

IMO

:waitasec:
Goodness, I'm getting so mixed up with all the windows I have open here, today was rough, a lot was going on at Websleuths all at the same time!

Am I the only one that accidentally posts in one thread thinking they're posting in another????:blushing:

My point was that how do any of is KNOW what is in the hearts of the Celises? Yet many are stating as FACT what the Celises are thinking and feeling and that is really not okay. Because, unless we ARE those people, it is not okay to say "Sergio was really deep in prayer when he sang" for example. There is no proof of that. It is NOT a fact, but one's opinion.

We are supposed to be sifting through facts and proposing scenarios, not presuming to be inside the heads of and speaking for members of the family who have not been ruled out as POIs in their daughter's disappearance.

I am entitled to my opinion, too, and I state it as such, MY opinion. I never say that my views are obviously facts because of what things appear to be.

MOO

They have not been specifically named as suspects or POIs either. In fact the Sgt. said the only ones that can be ruled out are the people that can prove they were not in Tuscon when Isa went missing. She said that this weekend in the PC.

There is no evidence that the Celis family are being deceitful or insincere. Not one person has said they are fake and appear to be something they are not. Not one.

IMO

I'm curious why it matters whether or not NBC payed for their hotel in the first place...

Can you link this up, please? I would really like to see it.

Thanks so much,

Salem

It is past my bedtime. I will refer to this:

IIRC, it was reported in MSM that the family was staying in a hotel paid for by NBC. It was also stated that they were there because of fears for their safety and privacy.

I will try to find links to those reports.

and hope FK finds a link.

I'm curious why it matters whether or not NBC payed for their hotel in the first place...

I think only because the parents had said they had not received any payment from NBC. JMO

I don't think it does matter. Except perhaps to the degree that some interpreted a comment in the one-on-one interview wherein BC stated (paraphrased) "we don't take money from anyone" IRT asking for financial help and denied receiving compensation for the national interview.

They have not been specifically named as suspects or POIs either. In fact the Sgt. said the only ones that can be ruled out are the people that can prove they were not in Tuscon when Isa went missing. She said that this weekend in the PC.

There is no evidence that the Celis family are being deceitful or insincere. Not one person has said they are fake and appear to be something they are not. Not one.

IMO

I have IRT SC. But I don't count. LOL. I think you meant LE/profilers/talking heads. Right? The former two won't say any such thing. The latter tend to be unreliable and hotheaded in many cases, and INFER rather than STATE anything.

Well if they needed to go to a motel to do the interview, and NBC paid for that motel, I don't think of that as compensation. If NBC did the interview in their studio they would have paid to fly them out there as well, I think of compensation for an interview more like "do this interview with us and we will pay you $20,000.00"
That's just me though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member