AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember in the Haleigh Cummings case, feeling the 911 call was staged and fake, but it didn't help us find her. So sad to think it might happen again.

I went back about 4-5 pages and couldn'nt find an answer to this, so maybe someone can help me. I was watching GMA and The Today Show and can't remember which one it was that said there was a discrepancy in the 911 call between what SC and his older son reported. Does anyone know what the discrepancy was?

It appears to me that it was a stranger who called 911, put the 14 year old on the phone, and also drove the 14 year old back to the house. It appears that RC got on the phone with 911 perhaps through the same phone as when the 14 year old was speaking to 911.

Okay, so it was just two calls not three? That makes more sense, if the 14 year old is out and about asking others, then an adult would want to call. Okay. Thanks!

I remember in the Haleigh Cummings case, feeling the 911 call was staged and fake, but it didn't help us find her. So sad to think it might happen again.

I also feel this is simillar to the Haleigh Cummings 911 call. I had always felt that Ron put Misty up to making the call because he did not want to make the call. I feel we have a very similar situation here with the boy being asked to make the call because the other person did not want to take the "heat".

JMO of course.

These are the two recordings that don't work for me. Sergio was the first to go into Isa's room I thought. I'd notice a damn window open & curtains pulled back...I'd say leave the son alone too right now & mom.

"He says that he and his sons "looked everywhere in the house, and my oldest son noticed that her window was wide open and the screen was laying in the backyard."

"The dispatcher asks Celis if Isabel's mother was home. "Uh, she had just left for work; I just called her and I told her to get her butt home," he replies, chuckling, according to the transcript."

gar!

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/pol...90b-560a-bc5b-28688eda8e04.html#ixzz1uvBFd1DZ

Seriously, I so agree with the bolded part of your post. Something just isn't right about that. IMO :waitasec:

I didn't say I believe that Isabel was taken for this reason. Somebody asked me about trafficking. By the way, the United States is exactly where they get their victims. Read up on it.

I have read up on it. My point is that the demographics on the FEW victims that are taken from the U.S. into mexico do not appear to match with Isabela. While your theory is certainly possible and has not been ruled out, it is an unlikely one, JMO. You are entitled to your opinion and I hope I haven't made you or anyone feel that isn't so.

I went back about 4-5 pages and couldn'nt find an answer to this, so maybe someone can help me. I was watching GMA and The Today Show and can't remember which one it was that said there was a discrepancy in the 911 call between what SC and his older son reported. Does anyone know what the discrepancy was?

I am not sure.
They reported different clothing, but the son told 911 he did not know...he said maybe pajamas, maybe pink or green. He said he had to go back to ask. He asked his mother, and she gave the accurate description of the clothing.

The father reported slightly different clothing.

How disturbing this all is......what I also found strange was how long the 911 call was.....why did they keep them on the phone so long if LE was there or on the way? Gotta say if my hubby had been the caller about our child missing he would have probably said screw this and hung up after adding a few more cuss words to it....he is usually calm but no way would he have been cordial or kind IMO. For me I would have probably been beserk and I worked for a doctor so I know how to handle stress....but my child? Trust me....have had one die and the stress will blow your head off.

First, my prayers and condolences for your loss.

I totally agree with you about the length of the call. I think maybe the 911 operator was keeping them on the call purposely because maybe they felt they were not being honest with them. Just a thought I had as I wonder if the 911 operators have some training along the lines of this.
Just a thought I had about this.

I think one discrepancy would be where Sergio said the 14 year old was (behind the outside wall) and where he actually was (in a car with a stranger on the phone to 911)

:moo:

If the stanger was the first to call, really changes my feelings on some situations. It was crazy how long they were all on the phone, but I dunno how long a 911 call would last if I was in a situation like this (God forbid).

The FF theory or secret informant theory, after much review (cause it is hard to wrap you head around) is starting to form here.

Which is good, IMO, cause that would mean Isa is probably alive.

I am not sure.
They reported different clothing, but the son told 911 he did not know...he said maybe pajamas, maybe pink or green. He said he had to go back to ask. He asked his mother, and she gave the accurate description of the clothing.

The father reported slightly different clothing.

Yeah, the mom ended up with an old navy flag shirt (right?) and blue shorts, the dad said pink tank top and blue shorts. But I think those shirts came in a variety of colors and styles, so they both could be right?

So the 14 year old called dispatch first? Maybe that's why the dispatcher asked SC about his 14 year old. With SC being so nonchalant in the 911, that caused him to change tone, almost defensive sounding for a minute. If this was set up or he just knows who is involved, the last thing he'd want is his innocent child being looked at as suspect. KWIM

I think SC called first, and later on in the call when asking about the older son the dispatcher is aware he's also calling.

I have read up on it. My point is that the demographics on the FEW victims that are taken from the U.S. into mexico do not appear to match with Isabela. While your theory is certainly possible and has not been ruled out, it is an unlikely one, JMO. You are entitled to your opinion and I hope I haven't made you or anyone feel that isn't so.

They mostly stick with people within their own country....it is uncommon for kidnappings to happen here and then go over the border, unless they are parent related. Not impossible, but not common. It could happen but there are few documented cases, especially with children. I'll wait until LE confirms a link for SG being involved or related to someone in a cartel before I believe it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Take note that the F&F 19 have not went to trial yet...you can take that for what it means.

THe father called 911 first. This is evidence by the conversations on the calls. The 911 operator tells the son that there is already a call into 911 on his sister. While the father was on the phone with 911, he told the operator his oldest son was running around the neighborhood looking for Isa. While the son was running around, one adult in the neighborhood decided to call 911. That man/son/mother call was made less than a minute before Sergio's call ended and Becky got home.
I am not sure why the calls were released in reverse chronological order.

Me too but I lost all my friends here on WS a few hours ago when I admitted it =)

This may be OT but hey yall started it :giggle:

I was not around this forum during the CA saga....but followed the tail end on another, now closed forum....

Anyways, whether or not you felt CA was guilty or innocent....whether or not you liked Baez [btw, you meaning anyone]...one really has to step aside and attempt to remain neutral and realize....he did the job he was trained and hired to do. Unless he broke the law anywhere in his job of defending CA, then we cant fault him for doing his job.

I know most see defense attorneys as sleazy and all that....but they are NEEDED! Hopefully at some point in our lives none of us needs one, but if we do, we better hope and pray to whomever that we get one that is as good as him to make sure you are set FREE.

I believe CA was guilty and I really dont think the jury did a good job, but I also believe that Baez did an amazing job at getting his client off. THAT was his job...his goal.....and well, he accomplished it. Cant fault the guy.

I also wanted to touch on the forensic stuff you and others have brought up.....my degree being criminal forensics, I feel I have to continually tell people: CSI IS NOT REAL!!!! And there are so many factors involved in a forensic analysis proving 100% that someone is either guilty or innocent. It is not even just about the science but about the ability for the analyst to keep notes AND able to explain everything on the stand. If that analyst cant do either, it doesn't matter what the "scientific" results are......

With that said, and as Pax as said....there can be faults/mistakes, etc in even DNA analysis and well just about any area of forensics. While I truly believe in forensics and love everything about it.....again, there are just too many factors involved in order to ensure that your analysis shown in court is 100% accurate in proving or disproving guilt.

Sorry for the long OT response....im still trying to catch up on this thread and came across some posts I wanted to comment on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582