AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm, just listened to the 911 call. I too am a little shocked by how calm Mr. Celis seems, and maybe I am wrong, but when he says "my wife just got home and she is freaking out" I kind of got the impression that he isn't taking this too seriously like he believes Isabel will turn up any second although he does say in the beginning he thinks his daughter was abducted which imo he should be pretty hysterical. (sorry - for the big run on sentence). Not up-to-date on the thread but now hearing Mr. Celis cannot go around his other children and at first I thought maybe the police think he has something to do with Isabels disapearance, but now thinking this could be from a number of things (maybe father is over the shock and freaked out and threatened the boys because they weren't watching their baby sister).

I still don't believe the Celis's have anything to do with Isabels abduction, but gonna admit I am not 99% certain of this after hearing the 911 call and that Mr. Celis cannot be around his other children.

In any case, my heart breaks for this poor little girl - PLEASE BE FOUND AND COME HOME TODAY BEAUTIFUL ISABEL!

The most important question for me right now is why release the 911 calls now? It's been almost a month. What is there to gain by releasing them at this time?

This is a good question.
Here is what I think after watching TPD in pressers.
TPD is very concerned about what information is released or NOT released in this case. We have had very little in the way of facts from the get go. When TPD does release a bit here and there, it seems to be reactive... they have mentioned the rumors out there, they have mentioned media misinformation.

While they have been saying for the last two weeks that they would release the 911 tape soon...it took longer than they initially suggested.

IMO once the scanner tape was given to JVM, LE decided to release the 911 tape sooner rather than later.

Yes, it might also be in line with the new CPS development, and it could be to add pressure on SC.

BBM...O/T that reminds me of something I saw posted on FB the other day....
"
The other day someone told me I could make ice cubes with left over wine. I was confused.... What is left over wine?"..JMHO

Somebody was pulling your leg. Left-over wine? About as rare as Sasquatch.

If there is a US Marshall who is working on this case and sharing information, he needs to be fired! IMO.

Thanks nurse. What I have been told about the case has not been verified publicly so it can be classified as a rumor. The information I received is from a friend who's father is a US Marshal working on the case. I am sure that there is a lot of stuff that is being left out of the public eye for a good reason. I am not sure what I am allowed to say or not and hopefully I didn't reveal too much. I don't want to reveal anything more if it might hurt the investigation.

TY for stating that what you posted is a rumor. Though, I don't understand why a person who thinks they have "inside" info, would post this info on a public forum :confused:

Thanks nurse. What I have been told about the case has not been verified publicly so it can be classified as a rumor. The information I received is from a friend who's father is a US Marshal working on the case. I am sure that there is a lot of stuff that is being left out of the public eye for a good reason. I am not sure what I am allowed to say or not and hopefully I didn't reveal too much. I don't want to reveal anything more if it might hurt the investigation.

I believe you...:seeya:

I have heard of certain defense lawyers hiring web watchers to get a feel for public perception on a case....they monitor comments on news stories, and public forums .. I believe
I wonder if LE does this in any way...

To summarize:

SC has been issued a no-contact order and cannot see his older children and/or wife.
TPD releases the 911 calls that get the internetz all atwitter about his involvement.
Radio stations are holding pseudo-polls about his guilt and innocence via Facebook.

How would any one of us feel if we were in his shoes? Would you go out in public? Go to the grocery store? Feel isolated? Read everything on the web about yourself?

You have that right. There is no consistency between the way he appeared in public and his call to police about the little daughter he assumed was abducted.

I also don't like that he seemed to recall much easier what his child was wearing, than her mother did.

I'm calling BS on this one. He said blue shorts and pink top. It was not until Mom got involved that the description was updated to a navy blue Old Navy American Flag shirt. He DID give a description sooner than Becky did, but it was flawed.

Maybe he was helping LE with some kind of drug sting as an informant of some sort and the people he was double-crossing found out? I really do not know any more than the rest of you, but it could explain LE not accusing him of anything specific, and could even explain some of the prior "dropped charges" if true.

Did he have prior charges dropped?? I don't remember seeing this, sorry

To summarize:

SC has been issued a no-contact order and cannot see his older children and/or wife.
TPD releases the 911 calls that get the internetz all atwitter about his involvement.
Radio stations are holding pseudo-polls about his guilt and innocence via Facebook.

How would any one of us feel if we were in his shoes? Would you go out in public? Go to the grocery store? Feel isolated? Read everything on the web about yourself?

I'd get an attorney STAT

To summarize:

They released the 911 calls, and those calls might have made people see him as less suspicious, but they didn't.

In addition, if a caring father owed the drug cartel money, he would have an armed guard watching his family or he would hide his family.

And if he did not, and one child was taken as a result, would LE not then decide he should not be in contact with his other children, and contact CPS to get the kids into Mom's custody and to an "undisclosed locatioon"?

I just listened to the dad's 911 call. I got chills when he chuckled. :(

I'm going to be the first to admit it but I sometimes laugh when I am upset. I don't know why - my mom does the same thing. And it kind of comes out like a nervous chuckle.

That being said, I would NEVER be that calm if one of my kids were missing!!

A few things I want to say:

1. Sergio, if you are reading this and you are innocent, it is time to hire a lawyer. You are currently being hung in the court of public opinion and need someone to help you defend your innocence.

2. Personally, I believe that Sergio knows more than what he is saying. But, it still doesn't add up for me. Why would the dogs be barking if it were only Sergio removing Isabel from the house? Why would the neighbors hear voices? If he were acting alone, he would have no one to talk to.

To summarize:

IMO
99.9 % of us would never be in those "shoes" because our behaviors, actions, situations, 911 calls, etc. would never warrant us to be removed from our children.

I just listened to the dad's 911 call. I got chills when he chuckled. :(

Glad you joined us, I've been thinking about asking you for your opinion on this case!

What do you make of the "voluntary-CPS arrangement"?

Just catching up, sorry if you have already spoken re; the above.

How late did the D-backs game run on Friday 4/20? Midnight seems awfully late for a baseball game unless it was on a DVR. i would have just checked the scores online rather than watch the game. I wonder if LE checked the DVR.

There has been questions as to how the mom did not hear the dogs barking that morning. She may have been in the shower at 630am. It may have been hard for her to hear with the water running. She may have had a radio playing too. Dad could have taken the opportunity to run outside and remove the screen while she was in the shower. I don't know why the dogs were barking at him though. unless....maybe Isabel was struggling and the dogs sensed danger. My dog will bark franticly and growl at me when i am rough housing with my son. Maybe the neighbor heard a male voice rather than several voices. Could have been SC shushing the dogs or telling Isabel to stop struggling.

Listening to the 911 calls, here is what I jumped out at me...SC says in the 911 call "they all went to bed", giving me the impression IN MY OPINION that he did not put Isa to sleep. Also, the mom said the little girls hair was in braids, sounded like 4 braids (was a little confusing). Dad makes no mention of this. If he did not put her to bed, how would he know what she was wearing? Again, this is my opinion.

Also, who would let their other children go "running around" (SC's words about his 14 yr. old as he is talking to 911) if one of your children had just been abducted? Wouldn't any parent instead want to keep their eyes on the other 2 kids in case the kidnapper is still in the neighborhood.

(I admit, I have not kept up on this case...sure looks like I have a lot of reading to do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland