AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

It could be just me, but I think whoever wrote that article put words in LE's mouth. The quotes just say they believe someone played a part in her disappearance...which doesn't necessarily mean abduction. She could have been killed in the home and then hidden somewhere, that isn't an abduction.

I'm throwin my hat into the ring....

For me, the 911 call...first 3 sentences...

911 Operator: "What's your emergency?"
Sergio Celis: "I want to report a missing person. My little girl who's 6-years-old. I believe she was abducted from our house."
911 Operator: "Why do you think she was abducted?
Sergio Celis: "I have no idea. We woke up this morning and went to go get her up, start her baseball game, and she's gone. I woke up my sons, I, we looked everywhere in the house, and my oldest son noticed that her window was wide open and the screen was laying in the backyard. We've looked all around the house."

Who says "abducted" in a 911 call??? And, then, says "I have no idea" when asked why.
Maybe it's just me...I know people use different terms and deal with things more calmly than others...but, THEN, he's tellin a story!!
Went to get her up...start her baseball game...woke the boys up....whaaaat??? REALLY????
Listen to Cindy Anthony's 911 call....IMO, now THAT'S a 911 call.

Again...only just IMO.
^Awesome. Listen to the 911 operator when she gets to the word abducted. The operator trips over this easy word as if she is surprised that he believed his child was abducted.

I have to confess that I laughed when you highlighted Sergio's answer of "I have no idea." It is that bizarre.

Didn't a co worker say that RC was very early for work that day? What time was her shift as she told 911 that she left home for work at 7am.

Didn't a co worker say that RC was very early for work that day? What time was her shift as she told 911 that she left home for work at 7am.

yes, she was early for her shift that day.

BBM- vs. cloudy eyes? I mean what the heck?! Does that description have something to do with his line of work (only thing I can come up with)?

IMO that would be a common mistake for a person who speaks both Spanish and English. Light colored eyes such as blue, green or hazel can be referred to in Spanish as "ojos claros" Spanish is my second language but I've said strange things like that myself. I can imagine in a time of stress for SC, whether it be stress from lying or stress from finding his daughter missing, that as a bilingual person he would make a strange comment like that. FWIW

Sorry for the run on sentence and poor grammar. :)

has anyone discussed why the screen was laying in the backyard?

TIA

Yes...I wondered why the "abductor " didn't just cut the screen, instead of wasting time taking it off ? Cutting it would have been easier, quicker...and way quieter ... JMO

It could be just me, but I think whoever wrote that article put words in LE's mouth. The quotes just say they believe someone played a part in her disappearance...which doesn't necessarily mean abduction. She could have been killed in the home and then hidden somewhere, that isn't an abduction.

During the presser yesterday, LE continues to say that they are considering every possible scenario and not focusing on any single possibility as to what might have happened to Isabel. They have also not named POIs, nor have they elimated anyone from consideration. :moo:

Yes...I wondered why the "abductor " didn't just cut the screen, instead of wasting time taking it off ? Cutting it would have been easier, quicker...and way quieter ... JMO

no, i meant why was the screen in the backyard...

Well, they might be able to verify if such a game was taped and possibly even if the recording was played (depending on the system) but if everybody else in the house was either sleeping or missing they wouldn't really be able to verify if anybody was watching.

This is a good point. I wonder if LE could verify if the recorded game was "viewed" or "played back". Depending on the system, there may be a way to confirm that or not. This should be pursued by LE because they could either confirm or not confirm that statement about the game. Which would be valuable information to have for LE to use in any type of interrogation or possible future usage if needed further down the line.

This is very important IMO to have this confirmed one way or the other, as it could either confirm or not confirm a statement that was made as fact.

IMO that would be a common mistake for a person who speaks both Spanish and English. Light colored eyes such as blue, green or hazel can be referred to in Spanish as "ojos claros" Spanish is my second language but I've said strange things like that myself. I can imagine in a time of stress for SC, whether it be stress from lying or stress from finding his daughter missing, that as a bilingual person he would make a strange comment like that. FWIW

Sorry for the run on sentence and poor grammar. :)

thanks for posting that... that makes a lot more sense to me... I have often thought some of the wording is due to bilingual abilities of the family

Nurses have to arrive at work very early compared to other careers. They have to park in Siberia. (The docs get front row parking.) Then they have to walk 1/4 a mile to their department. They must go through the daily shift checks and then listen to report on all their patients which can take 15 minutes or longer. While these things are occurring they must also multitask putting out whatever other fires are found burning in their path (confused patients wandering the halls dragging their urinary catheters, angry family members, demanding doctors shouting their names, sleep-deprived residents and interns that are dangerous holding any device other than ink pens, and etc....)

I'm throwin my hat into the ring....

For me, the 911 call...first 3 sentences...

911 Operator: "What's your emergency?"
Sergio Celis: "I want to report a missing person. My little girl who's 6-years-old. I believe she was abducted from our house."
911 Operator: "Why do you think she was abducted?
Sergio Celis: "I have no idea. We woke up this morning and went to go get her up, start her baseball game, and she's gone. I woke up my sons, I, we looked everywhere in the house, and my oldest son noticed that her window was wide open and the screen was laying in the backyard. We've looked all around the house."

Who says "abducted" in a 911 call??? And, then, says "I have no idea" when asked why.
Maybe it's just me...I know people use different terms and deal with things more calmly than others...but, THEN, he's tellin a story!!
Went to get her up...start her baseball game...woke the boys up....whaaaat??? REALLY????
Listen to Cindy Anthony's 911 call....IMO, now THAT'S a 911 call.

Again...only just IMO.

First post - i hope this comes out right!

BBM

IMO I feel like he was answering the question as "why do you think someone would abduct her?" not "why do you feel she was abducted?".

He also makes an error in understanding the operator when she asks how tall Isa is and he responds with how tall RC is.

I found it interesting.

LE has had that 911 almost a month, I feel they probably examined it every which way and also thought to check the DVR system. The TIVO I used to have showed programs recently deleted after watching/recording them, the one I have now doesn't, but I am sure the info is inside there somewhere.

I think they probably had RC listen to his 911 call too, at some point, to get her to understand why they were still not able to move too far away from the home.

I also believe they released the tape yesterday purposely to point the finger at Sergio without having to say anything about POI's or suspects. They knew the public was already up in arms about the CPS issue and added fuel to the fire.

But-I don't think RC would be on camera, walking around with the children, etc...if this was a case involving international crime rings. JMO

This is a good point. I wonder if LE could verify if the recorded game was "viewed" or "played back". Depending on the system, there may be a way to confirm that or not. This should be pursued by LE because they could either confirm or not confirm that statement about the game. Which would be valuable information to have for LE to use in any type of interrogation or possible future usage if needed further down the line.

This is very important IMO to have this confirmed one way or the other, as it could either confirm or not confirm a statement that was made as fact.

They can definitely get the information about IF and WHEN a recorded game (or show) was viewed.

Think of it this way - your TiVo, Cable DVR, Sat DVR is really a hard drive in the box that sits in your living room.

And we know how much info can be gathered from a hard drive.....EVEN if you delete it!

no, i meant why was the screen in the backyard...

FWIW, I have seen pics of a screen leaning against the wall next to a window... I could swear I heard it described that way too " leaning against the wall ".. what are you refering to with regard to "in the backyard " ? TIA

thanks for posting that... that makes a lot more sense to me... I have often thought some of the wording is due to bilingual abilities of the family

Some of my family from Europe call light colored eyes "bright eyes" sometimes. When I first heard it I thought - WEIRD!

Nurses have to arrive at work very early compared to other careers. They have to park in Siberia. (The docs get front row parking.) Then they have to walk 1/4 a mile to their department. They must go through the daily shift checks and then listen to report on all their patients which can take 15 minutes or longer. While these things are occurring they must also multitask putting out whatever other fires are found burning in their path (confused patients wandering the halls dragging their urinary catheters, angry family members, demanding doctors shouting their names, sleep-deprived residents and interns that are dangerous holding any device other than ink pens, and etc....)

I think your missing my point. Was she there before 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez