AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tucson police and sheriff’s deputies are searching the desert north of Davis Monthan Air Force Base for anything of “evidentiary value” related to the Isabel Celis case.

The search team composed of around 25 officers and deputies and two K-9s have been scouring the area on the northern side of Golf Links Road for several hours and were expected to wrap up the search shortly, said Sgt. Maria Hawke, a Tucson police spokeswoman.

Police have searched the area before and have continued searches of different areas around town throughout the investigation, Hawke said.

“It’s not anything out of the ordinary that they’re doing,” she said. “They have been consistently re-searching areas as information has developed.”

Some areas have been searched as many as four or five times, she said.

LE has left the scene. I see no markings of ANY agency on those campers. And they're not current models from what I see. BWDIK?

ETA: just enlarged the photo. One of the two campers is on a beater pick up. We like to call them "goat roper-mobiles" around here. LOL. The other camper does not even fit the pick up. Definitely not LE/agency... unless off duty responded on their way to/from a camping trip.

The campers might not necc. be that new but the trucks they are mounted to look like the current standard departmental white F-250's LE uses in the area and I know they use those type campers when doing SARTEC in AZ. Walking around in the sun in Arizona isn't exactly 'cool'.

Anything is possible, I dont recall anyone of note here saying the gun thing was fact or true, what that amounted to were several people who heard a rumor, did some research and then decided to post their findings here for the WS community to sleuth it and see if there was anything there. A child is missing and some of us are willing to consider anything to help try and figure out what happened to her regardless of how kooky it may be or how stupid it may make us look. This isnt a popularity contest.

You may have misunderstood my post. I didn't say anything about anybody looking stupid or kooky or this being a popularity contest. I simply noted that the search site was relatively close to the home Isabel went missing from.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet.

Sylar Newton's body found in a wash in Arizona...
Animals had spread his remains and he was believed to have been "concealed" or "buried" which delayed his being found.

It had been more than 2 weeks since he "disappeared" and birds were noticed during searching, which led to his body.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/body-arizona-toddler-sylar-newton-found/story?id=11376401

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113277&page=18&highlight=sylar

The campers might not necc. be that new but the trucks they are mounted to look like the current standard departmental white F-250's LE uses in the area and I know they use those type campers when doing SARTEC in AZ. Walking around in the sun in Arizona isn't exactly 'cool'.

I know about the climate. I live here (Tucson). Those aren't LE IMO. F-150s/250s are THE most common vehicle in Tucson. All but UC PCSO and TPD vehicles are clearly marked. Crime scene included.

I still wanna know about the campers. Who camps next to an active Air Force base?!? And why are they allowed to?!? Weird.

FTR, it's just over 3 miles from the home and had previously been searched due to the proximity to the ball field.

Not sure if its same camp area, but there was(is) a camper site that is actually on DM property. IIrc, it was called something like Agave Gulch Family Camp,... If they are one and the same, then the land is part of DM .

Not saying that I buy into the theory wholeheartedly, but I do feel like this case seems like more than a straight "dad did it", and it seems like there is some precedence for children being taken by cartels and then released. Can't hurt to consider some "out there" theories. A couple of links and article excerpts below:

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/20/nation/na-kidnap20

http://www.livesecure.org/kidnappin...ia-boy-may-be-related-to-mexican-drug-cartel/

...Many cities in the U.S. have experienced an increase in Mexican drug cartel-related activities, to include kidnappings. The use of kidnappings for ransom and even for revenge purposes has caused Phoenix, Arizona, to be second only to Mexico City as the kidnapping capitol of the world. While some U.S. authorities will acknowledge approximately 200 stranger abductions in America last year, others point out that there were over 370 “known or reported” kidnappings in Phoenix last year alone!

Meanwhile, in the case of missing 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez, investigators must consider drug-related activities as a possible motive for his kidnapping, this as the overall statistics concerning such events would seem to support such a theory. For Rodriguez, like Cole Puffinburger and many before them, the clock is ticking against investigators and once again the life of a young boy hangs in the balance. If drugs and drug cartels are involved, there may be secret negotiations going on between family members, the authorities, and the cartel members to bring about the safe release of young Briant. It appears, however, that Mexican drug cartels are here in the U.S. to stay, and kidnappings such as these are just the tip of the ever growing iceberg that looms across the southern part of America, slowly encroaching, like the ice age, across our entire country.

UPDATE: 5/16/09: Little Briant Rodriguez was recovered alive and well wandering the streets of Mexicali, a town just south of the US/Mexican border. His head had been shaved, apparently to change his appearance from the photographs being used to find him, this while investigators were allegedly closing in on his kidnappers. What remains to be determined is the motive for his kidnapping and the reason his kidnappers released him.

I just know from doing SARTEC with my dog in Phoenix /Cave Creek that MCSO had campers like that on sight for breaks from the sun and heat. If you look even closer at the Pic there is also a SARTEC ambulance type vehicle in the background. The truck on the right appears to be the newer model department grade F-250 and the camper on the right looks like the late model utility truck type truck which has tool boxes as a bed with the camper mounted in the middle, this type of truck has a generator and capable of storing tools such as pick axes and shovels in the side tool boxes. I have been involved with SARTEC searches in Maracopa county using a cadaver / scent yellow lab.

Not saying that I buy into the theory wholeheartedly, but I do feel like this case seems like more than a straight "dad did it", and it seems like there is some precedence for children being taken by cartels and then released. Can't hurt to consider some "out there" theories. A couple of links and article excerpts below:

http://www.livesecure.org/kidnappin...ia-boy-may-be-related-to-mexican-drug-cartel/

...Many cities in the U.S. have experienced an increase in Mexican drug cartel-related activities, to include kidnappings. The use of kidnappings for ransom and even for revenge purposes has caused Phoenix, Arizona, to be second only to Mexico City as the kidnapping capitol of the world. While some U.S. authorities will acknowledge approximately 200 stranger abductions in America last year, others point out that there were over 370 “known or reported” kidnappings in Phoenix last year alone!

Meanwhile, in the case of missing 3-year-old Briant Rodriguez, investigators must consider drug-related activities as a possible motive for his kidnapping, this as the overall statistics concerning such events would seem to support such a theory. For Rodriguez, like Cole Puffinburger and many before them, the clock is ticking against investigators and once again the life of a young boy hangs in the balance. If drugs and drug cartels are involved, there may be secret negotiations going on between family members, the authorities, and the cartel members to bring about the safe release of young Briant. It appears, however, that Mexican drug cartels are here in the U.S. to stay, and kidnappings such as these are just the tip of the ever growing iceberg that looms across the southern part of America, slowly encroaching, like the ice age, across our entire country.

UPDATE: 5/16/09: Little Briant Rodriguez was recovered alive and well wandering the streets of Mexicali, a town just south of the US/Mexican border. His head had been shaved, apparently to change his appearance from the photographs being used to find him, this while investigators were allegedly closing in on his kidnappers. What remains to be determined is the motive for his kidnapping and the reason his kidnappers released him.

:welcome4:

IMO that would be a common mistake for a person who speaks both Spanish and English. Light colored eyes such as blue, green or hazel can be referred to in Spanish as "ojos claros" Spanish is my second language but I've said strange things like that myself. I can imagine in a time of stress for SC, whether it be stress from lying or stress from finding his daughter missing, that as a bilingual person he would make a strange comment like that. FWIW

Sorry for the run on sentence and poor grammar. :)

But "ojos claros" means "light colored" not cloudy, or even clear in this use.

Yes, cartel kidnappinngs for ransom and revenge is a growing trend in the Southwest. I dont think people who arent from here understand how the cartels operate.

Sergio is 6 years older than Rebecca, so it is unknown how he they could be high school sweethearts. Maybe he was held back numerous years? (kidding) They have been married 15 years. They are the bio parents to their 3 kiddos.

Early on, in an interview, a tearful friend of RC stated that they "have been together since they were...teenagers."

yup... all that and a bag of chips (and when I go to werk I also factor in the extra time it takes me to take the stairs vs the elevator)

My shifts start at 7.. so I am always there at LEAST by 6:30 so that I am ready for report at 6:45. Being late for report makes everyone's life stressful and makes the start of an already stressful job even worse. And iirc she works ER... (I am an ICU/CVICU nurse) I think the time she left the house fits with what nurses have to do to get ready for a shift

:moo:

When I worked in ICU the nurses ALWAYS got there early, they had to consult with the nurse whose shift they were taking over about each patient they would be caring for that day. Also had to work out who would be on code duty that day.

"The guns used to kill Brian Terry were traced back to Operation Fast and Furious."

I got this from the article you linked. If I am correct, Terry was a Border Control agent. The weapons being transferred were those that had been confiscated by LE in other cases, IIRC. So I'd have to assume there is either a network of crooked cops providing guns for this project, or the entire thing was done under the purview of the US Government and the guns were obtained from local LE for this purpose, perhaps without them being aware that those weapons being taken from them were being used for htis purpose.

Who knows, really. This is TOTALLY MOO.

Sorry it was the brother of the state attny. I should not post while sleeping.

When I worked in ICU the nurses ALWAYS got there early, they had to consult with the nurse whose shift they were taking over about each patient they would be caring for that day. Also had to work out who would be on code duty that day.

My son has been at TMC peds ICU and Peds unit many times. The next nurses on duty that day always came in at least 1/2 hour early to do just what you said.

I always felt since the beginning that the area they are searching today is an area that should have been looked at first. Its close to the neighborhood, and it a vast area of desert and washes. Its a catch 22...you want her to be found period, so we all know whats going on, and she wont be in any more danger, but you hope to God she is alive and well.

Where did you learn RC arrived at work earlier than usual?

Co-worker said she arrived quite early that morning. It did not sound to me like he meant earlier than usual, just meant what he said.
I did not read anything into it like it seems most here did. To me, arriving at work anytime before 8 AM is quite early.

I'm still on the fence here, but is it possible that SC's inappropriate affect was the result of using some sort of prescription sleep aid? Perhaps he woke up and was still groggy when he made the call, for reasons much less sinister then benzo abuse.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18427472/police-searching-wash-for-evidence-in-isabel-celis-case

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Tucson Police are searching a wash near Davis-Monthan Air Force Base for evidence related to the search for a 6-year-old Tucson girl who was reported missing on April 21.

TPD Sgt. Maria Hawke told Tucson News Now that investigators are looking for anything of "evidentiary value" in the case.

Hawke said it is not the first time they've looked in the area near Golf Links and Swan roads.

Makes me think cell phone pings come into play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54