AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Issuing a stand-alone statement to confirm the abduction status is news to me. They confirmed it today. (I just don't know what it means or why they confirmed it randomly like this, vs on Thursday during the next PC.) They had to have had a reason to release this statement today, but it's lost on me!

Do you have the article where LE confirmed this? It wasn't in any of the articles that I read.

Abducted=not left on her own, under her own power
That is what LE is saying and it is not really news.
And it in no way is clearing the parents.

JMO

I dont think that is the point.

For three weeks LE has said it was a 'possible abduction' and now they are saying it was an 'abduction.'

Seriously? I dont know about you but I dont see any harm in poking fun at eachother now and then, in fact reading cases like this all the time will drive you insane if you dont learn to laugh and lighten up a little.

JMO

I agree with what you're saying about laughter and levity being necessary while reading about such horrific things. However, I think many of your attempts at humor are coming across as snide, snarky and condescending. Perhaps the long time WSers are accustomed to this, but for some of us who have just joined in response to the IC disappearance it may not seem like the most welcoming forum. I guess I should say that by "some of us..." I actually just speak for myself. I can't presume to speak for others. I'm sure this will be an unpopular post and I'm not trying to attack or criticize you, but rather let you know that knicksfan isn't the only one who feels that way. FWIW.

Just an opinion of a new member of WS.

The only thing I get from Le saying "abduction" from the article posted, is that they are no longer simply calling it a "suspicious disappearance" or a "possible abduction" and clearly they cannot/will not call it a murder. "The chief said the the 6-year old's parents have not been ruled out as suspects"- this appears in the same article and I heard the chief say this yesterday.

Am not sure how this gets Sergio, or anyone else off the hook.
JMO

Maybe she knew he was serious when he told her she needed to get her butt back home as fast as she could.

I dont think that is a biggy and I agree with the retired LE that was on the news today who said the laughter Sergio did was nervous laughter.

IMO

But is 'nervous laughter' the normal response when you wake up and find your little girl missing with her bedroom window screen pried open? He was so creepy, if that makes sense? He did not seem panicky or distraught or even that concerned. He sounded very matter of fact, and overly helpful with his ready alibi info and his small talk. The nervous laughter was not the type you get from someone nervous about his girls' safety, imo. It was more about his nerves in talking with LE on the record. JMO

I think Becky and Sergio speak Spanish as their first language. So maybe the "get your butt home' loses something in translation when he repeats it to the dispatcher. Just as our Spanish speaking posters have noted, he corrects himself when asked Isa's eye color. He says she has bright eyes when he means light-colored hazel eyes.

Could a local Spanish speaker chime in on what you would say to have someone come to you immediately? TIA

I know when I'm very upset, I curse. God forbid I'll ever be in his position, because I'd be saying to get the F*ck home now.

Not "get your butt home!". Although the younger generation may.
Most commonly:
Tell her to hurry home=
"Que venga inmediatamente a casa!" o "Dile que se apure!"

I wasn't expecting his employer to come forward exactly, just wondering if his employment had been confirmed. Since the people from his choir had good things to say about him I thought a co-worker or colleague may have also. I think it could be an important bit of information.

Anything I have heard from the person I know has always said great things about him. She does not believe at all that he had anything to do with this. She said during the work gatherings, he was always there with his family, and the kids were always so happy. She said SC was always a very caring loving person.

Can anyone explain to me how one is expected to win in the court of public opinion. I mean if you dont talk, youre hiding something, if you do talk everything you say and do is analyzed to the point of absurdity. If you hug and kiss your wife you are showing too much affection, if you dont hug and kiss her youre having marriage problems, if you cry too much it has to be an act, if you dont cry enough there has to be something wrong with you and you might be a sociopath...

It seems it is a rigged and fixed game and there is no chance to win at all.

The public never fails to amuse me.

I could tell you, but I'm saving it in case I'm ever in the public eye.

I dont think it was taken out of context though. He explained what happened that morning and did say she was abducted.

Do we have a transcript to yesterday's PC?

My post was in reponse to much more than the abduction statement.

Patty posted the link to the video of yesterday's presser a little while ago, a few pages back.

I don't think anyone volunteered to transcribe it yet, though.

I agree with what you're saying about laughter and levity being necessary while reading about such horrific things. However, I think many of your attempts at humor are coming across as snide, snarky and condescending. Perhaps the long time WSers are accustomed to this, but for some of us who have just joined in response to the IC disappearance it may not seem like the most welcoming forum. I guess I should say that by "some of us..." I actually just speak for myself. I can't presume to speak for others. I'm sure this will be an unpopular post and I'm not trying to attack or criticize you, but rather let you know that knicksfan isn't the only one who feels that way. FWIW.

My most sincere apologies if you feel that way anyone who knows me knows I would never purposely try and make someone feel that way.

Eh.....I am brand new here - my first post being in the past couple of days.... and hardly have any posts still...

I actually really appreciate this member's humor and look forward to it. :giggle:

*another shrug*

I think there is a big difference between being calm and measured, and being inappropriate and light hearted and seemingly unconcerned.
Hearing him laugh tonight on the 911 call really does bother me.

Can anyone explain to me how one is expected to win in the court of public opinion. I mean if you dont talk, youre hiding something, if you do talk everything you say and do is analyzed to the point of absurdity. If you hug and kiss your wife you are showing too much affection, if you dont hug and kiss her youre having marriage problems, if you cry too much it has to be an act, if you dont cry enough there has to be something wrong with you and you might be a sociopath...

It seems it is a rigged and fixed game and there is no chance to win at all.

The public never fails to amuse me.

BBM

Simple answer-you can't.

Every missing child case is the same from what I have seen-if the parents don't talk they are hiding something. If they do talk, they are not crying enough, or too much, or their hand gestures are weird, their eye blinking is strange. Etc. etc. etc.

Apparently there needs to be a manual published-How to Act if Your Child is Missing. All parents should read and study this so they can be prepared in the event this should happen. <modsnip>

So, IC was in bed by 11. SC says he was watching the game (that ended at 930?!? Per NG - DVR maybe?). Did he ever go to bed, or did he crash in family room all night? RC would have passed him there in the AM or been in bed with him. I just don't feel confident he could have done it without anyone knowing. It seems if the neighbor was awoken at 630 by the dogs it would have been an out of the ordinary bark and RC was home at that point.

SC may be abusive. The social cues from RC when they are together. She lets go of his hand in an interview and he regroups it from a different angle. I also think the nervous chuckle is bc he said "get your butt home".. He was quoting himself and was making light of of his statement. This abusiveness may have come out in interrogation, hence CPS involvement.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not sold that SC is directly involved. I dO think he is a schmuck and socially inappropriate and just...well odd/off.

I dont think it was taken out of context though. He explained what happened that morning and did say she was abducted.

Do we have a transcript to yesterday's PC?

Ocean, this was not breaking news where the chief announced, "Isa was abducted." HE told the group, in answering a question, that she was taken from the home. Because she didn't leave herself.

That's where all of this is coming from. That, and a headline.

With regard to SG's 911 call... When the operator asks, "Why do you think she was abducted?" His reply is, "I have no idea" (and then he proceeds to explain activities of waking her brothers, looking for her and finally saying window open/screen on ground). I find it strange that his first/immediate reply (I have no idea) is trying to explain WHY someone would want to take Isa. The operator is clearly looking for answers as to why (ie. the window was open!) he "thinks" she was taken... NOT "why would someone want to take her".
Just strange to me.

Nancy isn't going to get much out of SG's friend if she keeps going on like this..

A good friend of SC is on NG and he said that his use of the word 'butt' was uncharacteristic.

I find that very very interesting-could he have been still 'high' from the night before' i.e. judgement a bit impaired-makes sense to me-I am feeling for Sergio at this point after thinking about it all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove