AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That comment LE made yesterday keeps popping up in my head for some reason... " It's not what we know or don't know it's what we can prove in court " AND " we have a great deal of information, we just need something to tie it together... "

Remember that quote because that is at the heart of EVERY criminal case in every jurisdiction in the U.S. People who have not previously followed criminal cases in any depth often don't realize why some cases move forward and others don't.

Without enough evidence to prove the assertion, a case will not be litigated. No DA in their right mind will take a case to trial in which they don't think they can get 12 jurors to determine guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. There's always a risk in a jury trial, but until the DA for that jurisdiction is satisfied that s/he has enough evidence (i.e. proof), LE will have to keep investigating and looking for more evidence.

I won't bother posting what her panel of 'experts' is saying.
More interested in what the friend has to say.
Sorry I missed the first half of the show, but it will be on again at some point tonight.

Most parents reporting their child missing and abducted would portray a sense of urgency, something Sergio did not. He actually acted, IMO, slightly put out by having to make this call and answer all those questions, and deal with his wife who is "freaking out." According to his statements, the boys were the ones running around looking for Isa. He spoke mostly about himself. "my house", "my sons", "I fell asleep", "I never heard anything"..."I told her to get her butt home," I I I I I...

He didn't ask for help to find Isa!!

The word narcissist comes to mind.

I did watch NG but the kids were acting up-a good friend of Sergio's was on, he said that SErgio is very upset about his "boys being taken from him" Nancy was very confrontational, "WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK HIM WHY THEY WERE TAKEN FROM HIM?" and the friend said he did ask him, but SG said he could not discuss it, or he was told not to. Then Nancy got more confrontational, "Why wouldn't he tell you? You're supposed to be good friends and he wouldn't tell you? Who told him he couldn't talk about it?"
I am going from memory, just watching the last half again now.
Friend is Joe Vega.

Ugh....wth Nancy? She bugs me so much. If he said he's not allowed to talk about to his friend, what is his friend supposed to do? Beat it out of him?
I would walk off the show.
Geez.

NG:
How are the.boys

JV(friend of SG) : I spoke to becky and boys, they are outraged about what happened they do not think he is involved, they are very upset about people judging him. When I spoke to him on Saturday you all did not hear him breaking down on the phone. The boys were trying to get back into baseball and then this happens.

NG explaining about why there is a cloud of suspicion, JV understands, says CPS in Tucson do not have a good reputation, Nancy yelling at him about why JV did not ask friend about the CPS issue, JV says he believes SG was advised not to, NG asks if SG has a lawyer, JV does not know, NG can't imagine who is going this 'advising' if he does not have atty.
She was becoming very rude at this point. Show over.

Ugh....wth Nancy? She bugs me so much. If he said he's not allowed to talk about to his friend, what is his friend supposed to do? Beat it out of him?
I would walk off the show.
Geez.

Yes she also said something to Marc Klass about how his daughter was "taken and MURDERED" then said how this is something she wouldn't normally say in front of him :/

I notice that RC talks about Isa as 'my' daughter nd SC talks HIS sons????
Does he think Isa isn't his maybe?
In AZ does a nurse and dental assistant make enough money to have an expensive home and a Lexxus?
Just wondering

First of all, never ever give in to blackmailers, extortionists or kidnappers. Never. Ever. If you give them what they want, you will never see the end of it because then you've showed them what works.

The following is tongue in cheek...partly!

If a blackmailer, kidnapper, or extortionist takes your child (let's say it's a teenage male) and they want to make a deal...here's what you say...

"NO WAY!"

"YOU took him, you KEEP him, and do not return him until he turns 21! YOU can put up with his passive/aggressive monosyllabic grunts, YOU can feed his bottomless pit of a stomach, and YOU can try to get him up and out of bed before noon. Oh, and YOU can put him through college too."

"I do not negotiate with terrorists! You can't pay me enough to take him back. Good luck, you're gonna need it!"

I notice that RC talks about Isa as 'my' daughter nd SC talks HIS sons????
Does he think Isa isn't his maybe?
In AZ does a nurse and dental assistant make enough money to have an expensive home and a Lexxus?
Just wondering

Maybe they made some wise stock investments?

Tonight on local news they said that LE were still looking at the Celis', their family & friends. This was the first I have heard them say they were checking their financial records too.

I'd think that would be pretty standard though.

If the spouces are fighting, 1 way to get even is take someone they cherished to hurt each other...........give her to his relatives? Does SC have relatives out of state.
Male voices 'talking' while dogs bark??? neighbor's account............mom was still in the house at that hour?
Wonder if parents were into drugs some how? Just a thought since both work at medical facilities. JMOO

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151642535.html

Rau is not involved in the Celis case but in years of investigations has seen everything from hysterics, to calm, disciplined focus.
"Just kind of the person is trying to keep it together until the crisis is over. So it's very dangerous to try to predict or assume that we know how someone should react to that situation."
KGUN9 reporter Craig Smith asked: "So someone may be saying, everyone around me is hysterical, I'm going to keep my head and focus toward the greater goal here?"
Rau: "Exactly. I'm the person that's responsible for getting this information out."

Also in 911 call, SC tlks great English when he tells his name and how to spell it, then gives Isa's name with an accent.......is that normal bilinqual

If the spouces are fighting, 1 way to get even is take someone they cherished to hurt each other...........give her to his relatives? Does SC have relatives out of state.
Male voices 'talking' while dogs bark??? neighbor's account............mom was still in the house at that hour?
Wonder if parents were into drugs some how? Just a thought since both work at medical facilities. JMOO

I don't know about SG, but I was a tech in every dept at the hospital, and the nurses really do not have access to meds. They use a special system, don't remember what it's called but they really don't have access to them, they just get the med they need and give it to the patient.
I'm sure one of the nurses here knows what it is.

I think Becky and Sergio speak Spanish as their first language. So maybe the "get your butt home' loses something in translation when he repeats it to the dispatcher. Just as our Spanish speaking posters have noted, he corrects himself when asked Isa's eye color. He says she has bright eyes when he means light-colored hazel eyes.

Could a local Spanish speaker chime in on what you would say to have someone come to you immediately? TIA

I know when I'm very upset, I curse. God forbid I'll ever be in his position, because I'd be saying to get the F*ck home now.

Well, there is no Spanish slang for get your butt home. There are words for butt, but "get your butt home" does not translate.
I asked my husband what would he say to me if I was away and there was an emergency at home and he said that he would say "regresa a la casa, hay una emergencia" .." come back to the house, there is an emergency".

We both totally agree that " bring your butt home" sounds like scolding a misbehaving child and is not a common Spanish phrase at all. The only time I have heard bring your butt somewhere in Spanish is in reggaeton songs and sexual in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove