AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One CAN climb on top of the movable trash cans, I have done so, shoved the can into a corner so it wouldn't go anywhere and scrambled on top...I'm a short, middle aged woman of average build and maybe more determination to get a particular job done without waiting on a dang ladder. Advisable, no, doable yes.

and they're green, a dark green. no City of Tucson black trash cans...they are a dark green, with older cans being an ugly orange.

A guy could easily get over a wall with one of these trash cans...getting back over with a 45# girl, I do not know...

OBE, IIRC, She said that the men "were talking in low voices " she also said that she could not make out if they were speaking english or spanish.

I do agree , living alone in the guesthouse, I was surprised that she didn't get up and see who was there.Especially with her dogs going crazy....

Agree that this could be embellished a tad...JMO

I looked it up and this is what she said on NGs show but she also said the same thing in other inteviews.

STARDEVANT: No, I didn`t. They stay indoors with me until I get up. And I knew that she was barking at the male voices, and so I just told her to be quiet and go back to sleep, unfortunately. And I did the same. I didn`t get up. I didn`t get up. I didn`t think it was unusual because it was daylight outside, and it was -- I thought someone was walking around for a morning walk.

GRACE: OK. Now, that`s interesting...

STARDEVANT: So I just went right back to sleep.

GRACE: Had you ever heard male voices outside? Because, see, if I heard male voices right outside my window, I would be concerned because I wouldn`t be used to hearing that. In Manhattan, you know, you hear fire trucks and police cars and traffic horns, but a male voice, that would surprise me. So do you typically -- can you hear voices typically outside your bedroom window?

GRACE: That`s something that I probably should`ve paid more attention to because this breezeway between my house and theirs, no one ever uses it. They have no reason to use it except for me because my entrance is in the back of the alley. So I should have thought that was a little odd because I`ve never heard voices outside my window before. I`m the only one that walks through here. But I should have paid more attention.

GRACE: Actually, you know what, Alicia? What you did here is invaluable. So you hear male voices. What leads you to think they were English-speaking voices? Did you make out any of the words said?

STARDEVANT: I didn`t. I wasn`t paying a lot of attention. I was really tired.

GRACE: Yes.

STARDEVANT: I remember hearing English, I think. You know, again, I wasn`t paying a lot of attention. But it didn`t seem like it was a language that I wouldn`t understand, that I didn`t understand.

GRACE: Do you recall any of...

STARDEVANT: I really do think it was English voices.

GRACE: ... the words? What were they saying?

STARDEVANT: No, I don`t recall anything. It sounded to me like they were having a conversation. No yelling, no screaming, no struggling, just that they were having a conversation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/26/ng.01.html

I am NOT picking on NG. But, the funniest part was when he hiked up his leg, to demonstrate that he could go over the wall (and I'm in my house telling him not to do it, he's gonna get arrested for trespassing) and he's trying to finish his sentence but she SHUTS. HIM. DOWN. Poor guy's still stuck with his leg in the air until they go to commercial!!! (Ok, maybe I embellished that last part, but it WAS funny.)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Actually, the night NG had the reporter outside the Celis home was fairly helpful...I can't get the Google man down that alley, much less on top of a trash can...It really did help give me a better sense of the wall and yard Isa might have been taken from.
This classic NG makes me still watch her -- hilarious.

Okay the majority seem to be open to the theory that Sergio is guilty of something. So let's say hypothetically that he harmed her ( or hate to say it but killed her) between the time she went to bed and the time he called 911. That means one of the following happened.

1. Her body is still in the home ( ruled out, police and dog searched).
2. He left the home at night with her body and returned before any other family members awoke
3. He left the home with her body in the morning between the time RC went to work and the time he called 911.
4. He had an accomplice come and retrieve her body at night.
5. He had an accomplice come and retrieve her body between RC leaving for work and the time he called 911.
6. RC was his accomplice and removed the body as she left for work.

Curious as to which everyone thinks is most plausible.
MOO if his car was out and about ANY time between bedtime and 911, some pedestrian, driver, or camera has noticed it. That would be my question for LE at the presser, not that they would answer, but "is there any evidence suggesting that SC left his home in between bedtime and the 911 call?" and the follow up " is there any evidence that another car came to and left the Celis home during that same time frame?"

Can I ask if there is anyone on this thread that is convinced that the parents did it, that ALSO believes that the Ramsey's (as in Jon Benet's parents) were NOT guilty?
Just for the pure sake of my own curiousity....

As for me, I now think the Ramsey's were innocent, although not in the beginning, and I am yet to be convinced that the Celis's are guilty....

I'll step up and tell what I'm thinking, it's not popular but it's the way I feel. I think that someone took or was given Isa, for whatever reason. I can't see how someone in that family living inside that house that morning couldn't have heard the dogs barking and just carryed a 6 year old out quietly, unless of course she knew them and went willingly. Something isn't right. Are they guilty? Have the sins of the father come home? I don't know. But it's POSSIBLE.

Everytime I have seen a picture of the parents they wear a crucifix cross.
IMO, they seem very religious.
If someone very religious wants to hide a child,
where would that be?
a church? cemetary? mission?
what places are there in AZ??? near the home?
IIRC, SC reminds people that ISA was/is very pretty.
Where is ISA?

IMO, someone very religious would not need a place to hide a dead child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am NOT picking on NG. But, the funniest part was when he hiked up his leg, to demonstrate that he could go over the wall (and I'm in my house telling him not to do it, he's gonna get arrested for trespassing) and he's trying to finish his sentence but she SHUTS. HIM. DOWN. Poor guy's still stuck with his leg in the air until they go to commercial!!! (Ok, maybe I embellished that last part, but it WAS funny.)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:I litterally have tears runnin down my face right now!!!!! I had my fingers over my eyes like it was a scary movie, going "don't do it, don't do iiiiitttttt.....":floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:blowkiss:

I like everyone here, and BTW I have no idea why chopped liver has such a bad rap, since I love the stuff.
So forgive me if I came off wrong. I just wish ALL our members were here. And I am glad that you are!

Chopped liver, by any other name, is pate. And I love me some pate!

Cheers! :)

I'll step up and tell what I'm thinking, it's not popular but it's the way I feel. I think that someone took or was given Isa, for whatever reason. I can't see how someone in that family living inside that house that morning couldn't have heard the dogs barking and just carryed a 6 year old out quietly, unless of course she knew them and went willingly. Something isn't right. Are they guilty? Have the sins of the father come home? I don't know. But it's POSSIBLE.

I don't have a real theory. but I can say that I would be in agreement with you that she was removed, and possibly one or both parents know something. But harming her? No, I find that less believable. The reason I brought up the Ramsey's is that I feel TPD is acting very much like the BPD in that case, throwing enough mud up against the parents so that everyone convicts them before they have to cough up any actual evidence.
And as far as unpopular, I think I may have you beat :woohoo:

Is the case still unsolved? I thought for sure you guys would have cracked this wide open by now.

This one's not yielding very quickly.

As I recall it was only RC and the kids who just recently started attending church looking at notations on her FB.. I don't think you can use the 'hide behind the church' excuse with ANYONE. I happen to goto one of the largest churches in the country and it's not a big unknown that questionable people goto church... As I have been told in the past ' church is merely a hospital for sinners ' Not that thats how I feel about all church folks but going to church and wearing a cross or having a ton of hispanicly popular catholic candles from the dollar store does not make you a saint either just as sticking feathers in your butt does not make you a chicken.

*removes newly placed butt feathers*

NOW you tell me.

Does the house have a basement? crawl space? attic? freezers?
My mind races sometimes. I keep thinking of old crimes stories.........

*removes newly placed butt feathers*

NOW you tell me.

:hen: I have wondered a couple times what this emoticon was for...now I know.

Oh my, this one too. :chicken:

So in the DUI charges I see a list of things with the word "or." Am I wrong to assume that that means he could've been caught with anywhere from 1 to all items on the list? Not that he was necessarily caught with all items listed?

Related but separate, could someone please clarify the usual meaning of the legal term "drug parephenalia"?

You are right. It could be either or. Paraphernalia is like pot or crack pipes, bongs, needles.

Yes, well we can hear on Sergio's call that the son is on the other line, and we can hear Becky in both calls.
Sergio's first call overlaps with the neighbor/son/Becky call

We were discussing whether RC had time to get home and search the house during the Sergio call....when Sergio tells the 911 operator RC is home and freaking out-- the son gets home, too

Sergio in house on 911
about 4/5 minutes (my guess-- have not measured) into call operator tells him son is on 911 too --
Neighbor/ son on call--- while Sergio is on 911 call < maybe 1 or 2 minutes they both are on call?
Mom gets home --- Sergio hangs up
Son gets home with 911---calls Mom to phone

It seems there is only a minute or two window where the mother could search, if she said she searched everywhere....
I hope that makes sense.

I looked back at the transcripts. It shows the neighbor's call ending at 8:57, the son and mom's call ending at 9:20 hours and Sergio/dad's call ending at 10:16. Strange.

I can agree, except... She makes a point of saying that where the voices were coming from was not an area where anyone would routinely be. I live alone with yappy dogs, and would roll over and ignore them at 6:30, but hearing voices just outside my window when I usually don't.... No, that I would get up and check out I think. And I am not a scaredy cat at all.....

BBM
In what I believe is the first video of her she says she thought it might be people walking by. As each interview took place, she seemed more and more sure the voices were "right outside Isa's window". I posted a link to that video yesterday, I'll see if I can find it and post it here also. She just was not nearly so sure at first. I think she got more sure as she got some of her 15 minutes of fame.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/04/26/key-witness-isabel-celis-disappearance

any OTHER construction sites????
than the one were bones were found yesterday???

You are right. It could be either or. Paraphernalia is like pot or crack pipes, bongs, needles.

I looked back at the transcripts. It shows the neighbor's call ending at 8:57, the son and mom's call ending at 9:20 hours and Serio/dad's call ending at 10:20. Strange.

Those are the hours in May where LE transcribed the tape....note the dates IN MAY next to the times

There are no timestamps on the official transcript
http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/files/poli..._911_audio_ref_isabel_celis_investigation.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966