AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said that they have reached some leads going through the investigative process that they need to address by going back to interview a certain population.

Certain population? Any guesses what group this was referencing?

Has it switched from search and rescue to recovery?
No, biggest case the dept has had in a long time. Very complex, still a lot to be done.
Categorizing of evidence, video surveillance that still needs to be looked at.
This case is not one-dimensional we are looking at everything.

We continue to work hard on this case. We are doing everything we can do to solve this case and bring Isa back to her family.

At the moment, there isn't anything that we feel comfortable in sharing with the general public for the purpose of sparking new leads. We're open to all kinds of possibilities here, that's why we have many agencies helping us.

We have external component to this investigation, continue to investigate the stranger abduction possibility and also internal, looking at the possibility that this is extended family or family. We have not ruled anyone out.

Thanx to all transcribing the presser (couldn't get either site to work)! :)

He named the group. No guessing needed. Patty posted the type of RSO's that make up that population.

Copies of search warrant will remain sealed. They have asked for an extension. Sensitive info in those documents that we don't want to get out and compromise the investigation.

IMO - If he refused to agree voluntarily I think they would have opened a case and brought it in front of a judge. For whatever reason, they wanted to avoid this. Just gotta ask yourself, why? IMO[/QUO

Yes! Why indeed?

It is reminding me a little of Kyron Horman's step mom "Teri" and Sky Metawala's mom "Julia".

Hmmm indeed?

Where are you Isa?

Sometimes you gotta pick your battles, you know? Maybe, and I'm totally speculating/imgagining things here, SC believed that contesting the no-contact suggestion or order would be more disruptive to his family and the investigation of Isa's disappearance.

Press Conference:

-biggest case dept has had in long time
-detectives continue working-cataloguing, looking at videotapes: this case is not one-dimensional
-we have not ruled anyone out-family, extended family, etc.

-asked for an extension of search warrants to continue to be sealed-we don't want sensitive info out

Well, I certainly hope they have something in all the ‘sensitive’ documents and ‘undisclosed’ evidence because this presser is making me very sad.

Did I hear him correctly? Did he say the SOs they have interviewed were those who raped/molested those 16 years or older and they are now going back to talk to the ones that involved children less than 10 years old???

WTH wasnt that done immediately?

If I heard him correctly.

What can you say to the community to keep them interested in this case?
The community has been phenomenal supporting the police department and the family to some extent. All we can say is keep plugging away and keep helping in whatever way you can. Even it's calling in leads, info, tips that you see. You never know when a break will come.
Submit questions even though we aren't having the scheduled briefings. We are available and will still answer your questions.

Sounds like press has moved on from the rumor-filled internet? I did not hear any questions about any of the rumors.

Well, I certainly hope they have something in all the ‘sensitive’ documents and ‘undisclosed’ evidence because this presser is making me very sad.

All the 'sensitive' information means the evidence uncovered they arent going to talk about. Like if they found evidence of a stranger in Isa's bedroom or if the dog scented an unfamiliar scent or if they found evidence on the window or screen..etc.

IMO

Did I hear him correctly? Did he say the SOs they have interviewed were those who raped/molested those 16 years or older and they are now going back to talk to the ones that involved children less than 10 years old???

He said they talked to all 500+ RSOs in the area. They are now going back to level 2's and Level 3s with crimes against children.

Today's LE presser/update:

DEPRESSING, DEPRESSING, DEPRESSING !!! :( :maddening: :banghead:

AND, it's driving me absolutely CRAZY that one can never hardly hear the questions asked by journalists at thise kind of crime cases press conferences
(not just in the Isabel Celis case but ALL crime casespressconferences ) :maddening: :banghead:
Why can´t they have a microphone for the journalists???

They did talk to them all ...he said that they are
"going back" ...to interview that segment of the population again (RSO's involved in crimes against children less than 10)

He said that for some it may be 3rd, 4th or 5th interview.

When they re-interview RSOs, they will now narrow focus on those who victimized 10 yo and below

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke