AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear him correctly? Did he say the SOs they have interviewed were those who raped/molested those 16 years or older and they are now going back to talk to the ones that involved children less than 10 years old???

WTH wasnt that done immediately?

If I heard him correctly.

I heard they are going back again to further question those SO's who target a specific age. He said this maybe the 3rd or 4th time going back to them. Again that is what I heard.

They had already spoke at least one with all registered SOs in that area.

I did LIKE the reference that they have officers cataloging evidence, although all the video has not been gone through. It was about the only thing that sounded promising.

It sounded as though they have no more information as to what happened to Isa than they had at the beginning, so they are going back over all the SO's in the area, and apparently they haven't ruled out a possibility of a kidnapping, or did I hear that wrong?

Looking at all angles, inside family, external family and all of the above?

The detectives have asked for an extension to keep the search warrants sealed.

That makes me think they did find some evidence in Isa's bedroom and window/screen and dont want the perp to know it.

IMO

It sounded as though they have no more information as to what happened to Isa than they had at the beginning, so they are going back over all the SO's in the area, and apparently they haven't ruled out a possibility of a kidnapping, or did I hear that wrong?

Looking at all angles, inside family, external family and all of the above?

Yep, they could have held this kind of PC a month ago.

I think they are going around in circles.

They have not ruled out a kidnapping by a stranger.

IMO

Keeping search warrants sealed = they don't want people to know what they were looking for inside the Celis residence. That points more toward the family than towards a random abductor or RSO, IMO.

My interpretation: they are trying to line up their ducks (so to speak) to eventually make an arrest. They want to preserve the sanctity of the case for the DA to obtain a successful prosecution. At this point, 5 weeks in, it doesn't seem like a whole lot is leading them to outside the family. Though they are certainly not going to dismiss anything credible and will look at anyone. But at 5 weeks with the family still not ruled out.... well... do the math.

Did he say the public has been phenomenal in supporting the police and the family "to some extent"?
Wonder what that means.

LE says there is still video surveillance to be looked at.

WHY? Shouldn't they have looked at that already? When my son's friend was an explorer in the sheriff's dept, that was one of his duties. He and the other young explorers would sit and watch all of the many hours of raw footage from the surveillance cams for something of interest in local crimes. It seems like the cops could have done something like this already. imo

I did LIKE the reference that they have officers cataloging evidence, although all the video has not been gone through. It was about the only thing that sounded promising.

It is hard to believe that over a month later with the number of local LE and other agencies they have had from the beginning they have not looked at all the video tape yet.

THUD!

Well, now I'm more confused than I was before the presser.

Yep. They say they are focusing on a certain population and mention sex offenders yet, they want to extend their warrant and aren't ruling out family or extended family?? Makes me think that LE is just as confused as all of us. I do believe they are working hard on this case and was impressed how quickly they had all kinds of help from all types of LE, FBI, US Marshals. It's scary that they don't have more. I hope their is a lot of info they are keeping private but after hearing this I'm not so sure. Poor little Isa.

I did not get the impression that they had found anything that pointed to a stranger being in the house. JMO

So basically speaking, their idea of abduction is the same as kidnapping? That's what I got out of it.

Yes, I really didnt understand all the discussion here about abduction vs kidnapping we had last week because no one is arrested and charged with an abduction. They are always charged with a kidnapping when they are charged.

IMO

It is hard to believe that over a month later with the number of local LE and other agencies they have had from the beginning they have not looked at all the video tape yet.

THUD!

It is hard for me to believe that they haven't reviewed video at least once. IMO he was just saying, to keep everything general.

I did not get the impression that they had found anything that pointed to a stranger being in the house. JMO

He mentioned stranger more today than he has done in the past, imo.

I do think they have evidence in the bedroom where Isa was taken from and that is the sensitive evidence that would compromise the investigation if it was revealed.

IMO

Keeping search warrants sealed = they don't want people to know what they were looking for inside the Celis residence. That points more toward the family than towards a random abductor or RSO, IMO.

That is what I am thinking. For instance we don't know what kind of FBI dog made a hit or hits, the warrant probably spells out what kind of dog & the they item(s) they wanted seized. I am thinking about the Lisa Irwin case & warrant. Also IIRC in that case, LE wanted the warrant further sealed but the Judge released it anyway.

I am sitting here sadly thinking that someday a hiker will come across some bones....and that will be the next major thing we hear in this case.

I hope I am wrong.

I hope that they have a ton of information and evidence that they are keeping from us to insure a thorough prosecution.

~sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member