AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becky and Sergio can see/talk to each other all they want. It's just the boys that Sergio cannot be around.

Since we don't know the precise reason why CPS has prohibited Sergio from seeing his sons, I wondered if it might have been because Dad was doing some "witness tampering" by trying to influence how his boys responded to investigative questioning in their sister's disappearance. If that were the case, isn't it possible that Becky could do the same thing?

Now that we've heard Becky defend Sergio publicly, it wouldn't surprise me if she, too, might try to influence the boys. If Sergio and Becky are speaking with each other regularly, who's to say that he isn't still "coaching" his sons through their mother? :moo:

I would say about 2300

That seems small for a 4-bedroom house that also has a living room and family room. DH and my ranch home is about 2250 sq. ft. not including the 2.5 car garage. We have a Great Room, formal dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, large Master bedroom/bath with huge walk-in closet, second bedroom with adjacent bath, third bedroom that we use as a den/office, large powder room (half-bath), first floor laundry room. Our floor plan is very open, the rooms are spacious, and there is a nice traffic flow from living space to bedroom area. If the Celis home has four bedrooms, the rooms must be quite small if the house is only 2300 sq. ft. :moo:

I was just reading a blog commenting on Sergio and Becky regarding how truthful they may or may not be - I'm not sure if we are allowed to post blog links here, so I will only post my response after reading the blog . . . it's something I keep tossing over in my mind, along with a few other details that have me wondering if the parents might be involved . . . this is the comment I posted:

One of the words that jumped out to me during one of the parents' interviews on TV was when Sergio said "we are healing" . . . how can you be healing when you are supposedly still in the process of searching? Healing, to me, indicates that you are getting over/recuperating from an event that was final, not a current event such as searching for your child. JMO

nothing new, but interesting.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18600349/a-look-at-tpds-new-crime-lab

"Analysts at the new Tucson police crime lab have been especially busy these last few weeks processing evidence gathered in the investigation of missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis.

The Celis investigation has been a major priority here. Here's a look at what kind of evidence the lab can process here, locally.

Through science mysteries solved and high profile cases cracked, "Any kind of serial case, homicides, unsolved homicides, any type of child case," said Susan Shankles, superintendent of the new Tucson Police crime lab.

The new facility is a high-tech hub for evidence analysis.

"Now the examiners can fire into the back wall, Shankles said. This new firing range helps the experts figure out what happened in a shooting. "How far away was somebody when the gun went off, they can replicate it," she said.

The lab is handling more trace samples. For example, DNA from a stain you can't even see.

"We get requests 'we think somebody was holding onto this object for a certain amount of time, can you swab it and see if you can get a profile," Shankles said.

The lab can handle a lot of evidence sent by investigators, but not everything."

(snipped for space)

I was just reading a blog commenting on Sergio and Becky regarding how truthful they may or may not be - I'm not sure if we are allowed to post blog links here, so I will only post my response after reading the blog . . . it's something I keep tossing over in my mind, along with a few other details that have me wondering if the parents might be involved . . . this is the comment I posted:

One of the words that jumped out to me during one of the parents' interviews on TV was when Sergio said "we are healing" . . . how can you be healing when you are supposedly still in the process of searching? Healing, to me, indicates that you are getting over/recuperating from an event that was final, not a current event such as searching for your child. JMO

He has strange choices of words.

This was 2 weeks after Isabel disappeared:

Being around family and watching them play," Sergio Celis said, "that's a lot of fun."

"It is all for Isabel," Sergio Celis said, "and we can't go crawling under a rock. We do got to be out there."

http://www.kvoa.com/videos/isabel-celis-parents-attend-charity-softball-game/

I am still sticking to my original opinion even though it may be an unpopular one.:)

IMO, neither Sergio nor Becky have any involvement in the abduction of Isa.

IMO

Speaking of lighting candles, do any locals notice yellow ribbons around Tucson in hopes of Isabel's prompt return? Many have mentioned all of the flyers/posters, but I don't recall anyone mentioning yellow ribbons.

As I'm driving aroudn I haven't seen any yellow ribbons. I think I saw an article with a picture of purple ribbons at her school. But nothing, that a regular local, driving near their home would see. I have seen posters and flyers and the occasional car with flyers in their windows.

Speaking of lighting candles, do any locals notice yellow ribbons around Tucson in hopes of Isabel's prompt return? Many have mentioned all of the flyers/posters, but I don't recall anyone mentioning yellow ribbons.

No, no yellow ribbons. Also no volunteer search parties, etc.

I havent seen any ribbons at all. As I go out today I will look though.

Former FBI thinks LE does have evidence and are using CPS as a wedge to get info.
Sorry I do not know his name.
A viewer calls in and says that house is the most complicated house in the neighborhood to break into(she drove by the house Friday)

I agree - I drove by it the other day and it's the least "open" house in terms of getting in.

I haven't heard of this attorney before. He must be local and hopefully with a good reputation?

Seems to me, no matter which side of the fence anyone sits, guilty to any degree at all or totally innocent, would we all agree that it's time Sergio should have some legal advisor?

On NG, yesterday, one attorney said he thought SC may have gotten advice (quietly) from an attorney to not file against the CPS based on the 'no contact' agreement. Just from what I remember, it made sense although I'm sure this attorney had no inside knowledge nor claimed he did. I think it was the same guy who also said that LE often use one thing they find against someone to play off another thing. He thought perhaps if SC/Celis' fought the CPS thing that other info would be revealed that the Celis' would not want to be public or make them look guilty to LE. (adding: he thought LE was using all this as leverage/pressure somehow and is is a fairly common LE tactic - he thinks they are really screwing down tight on SC or the Celis' in general)

This makes a lot of sense to me although I'm not sure that means something huge would be revealed or that the Celis' are guilty of harming Isabel. It could just mean the Celis' think this all would become more fodder for the media because it would raise questions and not paint them in a good light.

Maybe someone has already mentioned all that - I haven't looked at every post since the last time I got caught up.

It could be from the beginning that the Celis really just didn't want all their history to be examined (history that has now come out) and, hence, why their reluctance even though RC said they had nothing to hide. We obviously don't know everything though since we do not know why CPS was there before.

I don't know, I veer back and forth about it all, but knowing we just don't have enough information related to Isa's abduction! That's not to say LE doesn't.

I am still sticking to my original opinion even though it may be an unpopular one.:)

IMO, neither Sergio nor Becky have any involvement in the abduction of Isa.

IMO

I'm not sure it is that unpopular (not that popularity matters because I don't give it much credence!), but in support I don't feel there is enough to say they have to be guilty. On the other hand, I don't see anything that says they can't be! Ack!

Hope you didn't take my post as snark at you - it wasn't meant personally. :) I just don't like the implication that hiring a lawyer means anything regarding guilt or innocence. Thanks for relaying the info!

I believe this family should have hired counsel a while ago - or at the very least, when CPS came to them with the voluntary no contact order. I am baffled that it's only now being floated that they are looking at counsel. I really hope that the delay in consulting with someone hasn't hurt the case.

No worries!

Isabel: I am hoping that today is your day.

So thankful to the tireless LE who search for you!

I agree - I drove by it the other day and it's the least "open" house in terms of getting in.

I can only think that it was the only house with Isabel inside, and they wanted her.

Do I think RC turned a blind eye or simply allowed it to happen?
NO, I absolutley don´t think so!
I think that If it happened that SC "visited" Isabel in her room, RC did not recognized the signs even though " Becky, as a pediatric RN, has specialized training in recognizing the signs of sexual abuse" because even though you are trained to recognize signs of abuse, when it happen to your own family, I belive you tend to repress the signs, because it is just TOO unbearable to realize it.

Although I did find it odd that when the 911 dispatcher asked about marks and scars, clearly (to me) meaning on ISA since they'd moved from hair color to weight, etc., RC said, "Other than the window out, I can't see anything else. And the door is locked to the outside, so they had to have jumped over the fence...." and then she asks permission to hang up because the police arrived. She either misinterpreted the question or diverted attention away from it.

Has there been any new articles since yesterday evening? I know it's lazy of me but I worked in the yard yesterday helping my husband chop up tree limbs and hurt my right wrist and hand. Its so hard to chicken peck and use the mouse with my left hand.

I can only think that it was the only house with Isabel inside, and they wanted her.

Yes. It was NOT a random stranger taking a random child. If it was a random stranger, Isa was targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha