AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know what I think? prima.facie might have the right idea :D We DO need some new information to discuss! The floorplan and square footage debate about the Celis home is getting tiresome :deadhorse:

:cowcouch:

The records for 5601 say it is a
2 story,
3592 sq ft
$83500 on 10/2002
2002-10-10 WARRANTY DEED
Constructed in 2005
pool
etc

Is this the one you are saying it is mixed up with?

At this point, I'm very confused but if you say this is the Celis home, I don't recall the Celis home having a pool? Was that ever mentioned?

Why are we discussing homes? Did I miss something?

Yes

Since these are public records, here, in contrast is the other

Well then there is no way the Celises could have moved into either home in 2002, so it must have been 2006 like the neighbor said. And the records are probably correct.

2 story
3592 sq ft
$83500 on 10/2002 VACANT LOT
2002-10-10 WARRANTY DEED
Constructed in 2005
pool etc

1.5 story
3802 sq ft (must include garage - not that the sq footage is correct though)
$76500 on 01/2003 VACANT LOT
2006-03-07 WARRANTY DEED
Constructed in 2005
No pool etc

Ya know what I think? prima.facie might have the right idea :D We DO need some new information to discuss! The floorplan and square footage debate about the Celis home is getting tiresome :deadhorse:

:cowcouch:

we could go back to covering what breed of dog was in the doorway?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The records for 5601 say it is a
2 story,
3592 sq ft
$83500 on 10/2002
2002-10-10 WARRANTY DEED
Constructed in 2005
pool
etc

Is this the one you are saying it is mixed up with?

Yes.

The Celis' house is not two stories, and also the Celis house is not 3,592 square feet. The Celis' house is ~2,800 square feet.

Attachments

• House across the street.JPG
    House across the street.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 9
Well then there is no way the Celises could have moved into either home in 2002, so it must have been 2006 like the neighbor said. And the records are probably correct.

Why couldn't they have moved into the home in 2002?

....Isnt it amazing how if SC & RC would just talk and answer some questions and address some rumours, even thru an attorney, how so many of these little details (that would not screw up a case) could be answered?

19 threads, zillions of posts.....same questions being asked over and over and over.....same guesses, assumptions, theories, etc being made over and over...

And all it would take is a good interviewer and the two of them to clear up a crap load of questions. Even LE has encouraged them to speak to the media.

19 threads in and we are again bringing up.........did he really even work and if so, where? lol Simple question he could answer...amongst others.

This case (like so many) is like fashion....eventually a question will be resurrected and tossed around again....then on to the next repeated queries....

Over a month now and we still have no answers about ANYTHING....even the little things that would not hinder the integrity of a case....

....just random thoughts as i lurk....lol...carry on :giggle:

Prima,

You just said so many of the things that I've been thinking.

After joining a few days ago and reading your posts, I've been trying to gather the courage to venture "off the fence". It's obvious that there are a wide range of opinions here and each scenario seems to have many variations.

There are many who believe that the parents are definitely NOT involved. The suspicions are totally unfounded and this is a stranger abduction. Or, the parents unknowingly did something (drugs or allowing access by the wrong people, etc.) which led to Isa's abduction. In these scenarios, after a month with no ransom demand, the chances of Isa being found alive seem pretty slim.

The other camp includes those who believe that the parents ARE involved and ARE the focus of LE's attention. Some think that Isa is dead (accidentally or deliberately) due to action of someone in the family, and then a fake abduction was staged afterward.

Finally there are those who believe that the abduction was planned and staged, not as a coverup, but a scheme or hoax. It could be for financial reasons, to protect Isa from CPS/another family member, or for many other reasons. In this scenario, Isa would still be alive and hidden somewhere.

I've seen several people here who have posted their lists of what we actually know at this point. But after following this case, I realize that I actually KNOW even less than I originally believed.

I DO believe that LE is deliberately dropping hints that they question the Celis version of the abduction. (I know some here do not agree with this belief)

Early on, LE continually repeated that they had urged the family to speak to the media. LE was asked about how the family was doing. They said that the family was showing "a level of concern" but they wanted them to speak to the media, so we could draw our own conclusions. Why wouldn't LE just say the family was devastated, unless they found something surprising about their behavior?

In the 5/14 press briefing, Villasenor was asked questions on the timeline. About the morning of the abduction he answered "WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TOLD is that BC got up in the morning and went to work and then SC got up and discovered that Isa was missing". IMO, this is implies that LE is not certain that this is what happened.

Also when asked about the increased spotlight on the parents he said "I understand what you're saying about an increased spotlight, but we have said from day one that we have not eliminated any possibility in this case. We're continuing down the same tracks that we started on and have continued this investigation on. From our purpose it's NOT AN INCREASED SPOTLIGHT on any one direction. It's further developments, it's further interviews, it's following up on the investigation."

When asked about LE's relationship with Sergio and Becky, he replied "I'm sure it's somewhat more strained now. We're doing interviews, we're asking VERY POINTED QUESTIONS".

Due to these comments (and many others), I don't see how we can discount LE's continued refusal to eliminate family involvement.

transcript for 5/14 presser: It makes many good points.
AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14 - Page 52 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

IMO, if the Celis family was not one of the primary directions in LE's investigation, it would be illogical for them to behave in this way. This case has national media attention, why would they give the Celis family grounds for a gigantic lawsuit, if they don't already have solid information? They act like they already have a theory and they are just waiting to get evidence that will hold up in court (and without actually finding Isa, that's difficult).

I've seen speculation that LE would do this to lull the real perp into a false sense of security. I understand that argument, but why not just act like they don't have ANY good leads? Why would they focus negative attention on an innocent family while they are going through the worst time in their life?

For those of us who feel that LE does NOT fully believe the Celis version of this abduction, then what is certain?

If we can accept the possibility that Sergio or Becky may be deceptive on ANY statement, then how can we take all the other Celis statements as fact?

How many facts do we have that aren't based on Sergio or Becky's statements? Since from 10:30 PM Friday to 8:00 AM Saturday, they say it was just family, we don't have outside witnesses for that time period. So, it looks like we have to look earlier on Friday.

Was Isa at school on Friday? Some have reported that she wasn't, others said she was. I can't remember if LE ever answered that?

How many people reported seeing Isa at the ballgame? One person that I remember talking about Isa at the game was Coach Vega. After the NG interview, many felt that his concern was more focused on Sergio than Isa.

Did LE ever get the ball field video/photos they asked for? Has anyone told us what Isa was wearing that night and who she left with? Did the family take one car or two? I haven't heard of anyone releasing a photo showing Isa at the ballpark on Friday evening.

Some have even questioned whether Becky was at the Celis home that night. The real question is, was Isa home? Did she actually sleep in her bed at the Celis home that night? Is this something that we definitely KNOW?

If an abduction was planned and staged, we don't really know anything after the ball field (assuming there is actual evidence of that).

I'm not implying some terrible motivation for a staged abduction. I desperately hope Isa is alive. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I just don't see them as parents who know or even fear that their child is dead. IMO they don't show the expected "urgency" because their child will come around the corner (Mother's day interview). Becky seems certain that Isa will come home. It's just taking a little longer than she was hoping (recent Isa Vigil).

It is possible to make statements that are true but deceptive because they don't provide all the information. Maybe Becky could have braided Isa's hair before or while watching the ball game. Maybe Sergio asked "Are you hungry?" and was told "No, Daddy, I'm tired" at the game. It would seem reasonable there.

Their answers on the Today Show were not specific with regard to who did what, and when. Did either of them say exactly where and when these things happened? Has anyone told us who actually put Isa to bed and at what time?

I'll stop this rant. It's just that I've been following this case since the first day and looking back I don't feel that I know ANYTHING for certain until TPD arrived at the Celis home on Saturday morning. I do have faith in TPD. I think they know much more than they can say right now. I just hope for Isa's sake and for the community, LE has the evidence they need to act soon.

At this point, I'm very confused but if you say this is the Celis home, I don't recall the Celis home having a pool? Was that ever mentioned?

Why are we discussing homes? Did I miss something?

That should be the neighbors home. I think the discussion Started out as the floor plan and square footage weren't right, then someone claiming the Celis only paid ~$80k for their house instead of $435k

:floorlaugh:

i am used to your old signature so i kept seeing your posts thinking: why does she keep posting that over and over... not realizing it is your signature :floorlaugh:

I decided to remove it from my signature. I have to admit, I was getting tired of looking for the info, so I stuck it in my signature. :crazy:

And I repeat... Go Pima County! Poor Patty is about to implode I fear.

2 story
3592 sq ft
$83500 on 10/2002 VACANT LOT
2002-10-10 WARRANTY DEED
Constructed in 2005
pool etc

1.5 story
3802 sq ft (must include garage - not that the sq footage is correct though)
$76500 on 01/2003 VACANT LOT
2006-03-07 WARRANTY DEED
Constructed in 2005
No pool etc

OK, when you look at the Celis' house, and then look at the house across the street, do you think that the Celis' house has approximately the same square footage as 5601?

IMO, the Celis' house is 1,000 square feet smaller.

Attachments

• Front of house.JPG
    Front of house.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 16
  • House across the street.JPG
    House across the street.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 14
I WANT to believe that this PD is just as on top of things as apparently, the LE was in the Sierra LaMar case. We just found out that they have had a perp under 24 hr surveillance for over a month. And they got his DNA hit on some evidence, and kept all of that info very close to the vest. Could this be happening here in this case too?

Yes.

The Celis' house is not two stories, and also the Celis house is not 3,592 square feet. The Celis' house is ~2,800 square feet.

That is the listing for the other folks/neighbors and under 5601. I believe the mix up might just be the number (5601) and not the rest of the info except maybe sq footage. Possibly the 1.5 v. 1 story. The county record for the Celis' is under 5602 E 12TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove