AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This report sure is different than what I imagined it to be reading here last night. :rolleyes:

What law did she violate by reporting this? She didn't harass anyone!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

She didn't break the law, that's for sure. She called in several tips. She sounds a little kooky, but that's not a crime.

It is a crime to threaten, harass, or intimidate the SO, but if she's not contacting him directly, then it doesn't seem to be any laws broken as far as I'm concerned.

JMO

ETA: BTW, I kind of like "kooky" people. They sort of have some endearing qualities :shrug:

I was speaking of a diff tipster. Sorry for the confusion. I didn't notice my error until Mama kindly posted the screen shot of the texas woman's tip.

I'm sorry! I realized that as I kept reading! I deleted my post. Carry on! :seeya:

This report sure is different than what I imagined it to be reading here last night. :rolleyes:

What law did she violate by reporting this? IMO, she didn't harass anyone!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

None, all she did was call in a tip, a tip that more than likely was already being looked into be LE.

Okey dokey, blinders off.

McD evidently caught the attention of the officer at the park. Was that because he came out of the tunnels and had a flashlight, or was he suspicious in another way? IIRC, the officer saw his car and was eying it, then saw him walking towards it. His name kept appearing on the log of people coming and going on 12th Street. I can't remember, was there a reference to a wife or was it a gf?

Got the location of that report handy, want to read it again.

Knox, I know how you like maps, so I made you one.

I think you meant NMd..

Here's the deal.

I remember a presser not too long ago where LE stated they were going to focus on a specific area south of the Celis home. Any local remember that? We discussed the streets they mentioned. I have not looked for it yet, but I remember asking about Wilshire Heights.

I had seen a suspicious activity report on the TPD crime maps the early hours (Friday 2 am) the night before Isa disappeared, right in that same area. This area was in my mind twice before, in other words.

That, and the K9 hit south, and some of the other K9 unit activity south...

Well, I followed the witness in a report JQP pointed out, and found out where he lives. This witness reported a man who was sitting on an electrical box in the alley behind the witness's home at 9 or 930 am the morning of Isa's disappearance. The witness lives just to the east of the park in Wilshire Heights.

THe same officer who took the above report, had been circling the area south of the Celis home and at 10 am encounterd the VW at that same park in Wilshire Heights. He noted the VW was owned by a neighbor of the Celis' which is what flagged his attention, and the officer waited until the guy walked from the south to the north to his car with a mag flashlight.

This guy/neighbor 4 doors down (the house directly east of the RSO) told the officer that he had heard of a missing girl, and thought to check the tunnels in this park? I could perhaps see this kind of searching later in the day, when others are everywhere searching, but the timing seems weird to me here. Then as soon as he's questioned, he's got to go eat breakfast.

Just seems we've come back to this area a few times now.

I have attached the screenshots of reports from PDF 3 page 17 and 18 and the map I made.

ETA added more spots on the map

Attachments

• Wilshireheights2.png
    Wilshireheights2.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Wilshireheights3.png
    Wilshireheights3.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Wilshireheightsmap.png
    Wilshireheightsmap.png
    941.5 KB · Views: 57

I was thinking about the shower curtain with the reddish brown stains. Could a salon cape be mistaken for a curtain? I know my root touch-up coloring stains a reddish brown and my hair color is a dark brown similar to Becky's family. I'm having trouble seeing how blood would stain a vinyl curtain as it seems dried blood would be more likely to flake off.

I wonder if old dried blood would flake more easily ? Also, the vinyl shower curtain would be a little softer due to the heat. Wonder if the softness of the vinyl would make dried blood adhere to it longer ? Just some thoughts...and MOO

"Home Invasion Detail"! Packet #2, p 15 . . (hope this hasn't been discussed, but I spent the weekend decompressing from my stressful job, going to a tag sale, reading murder mysteries, and otherwise rusticating in the country!). . QUOTE: "On 04-24-12 at approximately 1330 Det. Sgt. Hall #32623 instructed the Home Invasion Detail" and then there's blacked out redactions for the rest of the page until "I had no further contact with this incident"

Wow! Would love to know what that's all about.

Hey everyone~

I haven't ever read a thing about Isabel, but someone mentioned her in another thread. Stating how strange this case was......

Would there be a summary anywhere that I could be directed to?

Thank you!

None, all she did was call in a tip, a tip that more than likely was already being looked into be LE.

Speaking of this tip, and also the realization that there was a manhole cover in the back alley by sleuthers last night.... These things seem to be so incredably obvious that one would assume that le had of course already searched there. But look at where Caylee A. Was found and how obvious of an area it seemed to be. Anybody would think "of course they already looked there" scary to me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, m'dear. Behind you 100%. Having been someone who asked the question above!

Would love to know if all the athletic equipment from the game (balls, bats) is accounted for, as well.

I would love to know if there are shoes missing!! Also missing from Isa's missing persons posters is what she is wearing. **sighs**....

Also wonder if her hair was in a ponytail, 2 braids, 4 braids or none at all!!

It also amazes me when families accept donations for living expenses when their children are missing and they haven't been "cleared" by LE. I think there should be a law against that also!

jmo

The dishes - - being washed by Celeste, the Sister in Law. Question: Who ate What and When? Ummmmm . .. . dishes and glasses and such can be a source of fingerprints . . . .and I wonder if any of the dishes had been used by Isabel and WHEN.

I wonder if the Celis family ate dinner together before the game and left before washing up? Did anyone else eat in the evening? Did anyone eat breakfast? Did RC eat breakfast before work?

I think you meant NMd..

Hear's the deal.

I remember a presser not too long ago where LE stated they were going to focus on a specific area south of the Celis home. Any local remember that? We discussed the streets they mentioned. I have not looked for it yet, but I remember asking about Wilshire Heights.

I had seen a suspicious activity report on the TPD crime maps the early hours (Friday 2 am) the night before Isa disappeared, right in that same area. This area was in my mind twice before, in other words.

Well, I followed the witness in a report JQP pointed out, and found out where he lives. This witness reported a man who was sitting on an electrical box in the alley behind the witness's home at 9 or 930 am the morning of Isa's disappearance. The witness lives just to the east of the park in Wilshire Heights.

THe same officer who took the above report, had been circling the area south of the Celis home and at 10 am encounterd the VW at that same park in Wilshire Heights. He noted the VW was owned by a neighbor of the Celis' which is what flagged his attention, and the officer waited until the guy walked from the south to the north to his car with a mag flashlight.

This guy/neighbor 4 doors down (the house directly east of the RSO) told the officer that he had heard of a missing girl, and thought to check the tunnels in this park? I could perhaps see this kind of searching later in the day, when others are everywhere searching, but the timing seems weird to me here. Then as soon as he's questioned, he's got to go eat breakfast.

I have attached the screenshots of reports from PDF 3 page 17 and 18 and the map I made.

Prof, love your map. Disreguard my post, the 911 only cell phone call was made on 13th st.

I think you meant NMd..

Hear's the deal.

This is the one that got my attention. I found it very odd that he would of thought to immediately check the tunnels and washouts within 2 hours of her being reported missing.

Further reading in the docs stated the times people left/returned re: work et al and IIRC he actually left prior to 6am. I would need to double check that.

I would love to know if there are shoes missing!! Also missing from Isa's missing persons posters is what she is wearing. **sighs**....

Also wonder if her hair was in a ponytail, 2 braids, 4 braids or none at all!!

It also amazes me when families accept donations for living expenses when their children are missing and they haven't been "cleared" by LE. I think there should be a law against that also!

jmo

RC was rather specific about the hair . . and even SC mentions Isabel getting her hair done during the infamous "motel" interview. Seems like a stress on the hair. You wonder. (I mean, if she's still alive, hair is one of the easiest things to change . . cut, dye, etc. . . . )

I'm reading through Packet 2 right now, and I see that on p 44, someone called the police about a little girl with a ponytail, pink backpack, colorful shorts, who was walking and stumbled. The little girl wasn't located by officers who circulated around the area, and I guess that "tip" was dropped. You just wonder . . . first off, what the heck are parents thinking letting their children walk ALONE after all this, and who was this little girl and where was she going. . . . gosh . .. .

Checking the washes is one of the first things I would do, in my neighborhood kids play in the washes all the time. Its kind of like a sandy beach without water, and since our street has no sidewalks its safer(except during monsoon season).

Okay, so this cd thing is bugging me over who it might be, it's personnal cd discs, so I'm assuming computer cds made. JMO I've yet to check all those they investigated 4/21, with search warrants, besides the Celis home. There's a report of the storage unit on PDF 6 page 21-23. I condensed the report, so you can see what I'm talking about. The home search was cleared by LE 4/21 at 16:49.

From what I can understand there was a pending situation,(x in pending) made by an Offc Ward 4/21 at 22:24(10:24pm), on page 1 of the 3 page report. Page 2 has the cds marked and Page 3 is 4/22, the next day at 3:45pm, two detectives went into the storage unit for the cds. Now who else, besides the Celis home was searched before 4/21 at 10:24pm that the storage unit could belong to? And is Offc Ward the one who wrote the report finding something about the storage unit and part of the Celis home search or another home?

Attachments

• storage unit check.JPG
    storage unit check.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 33
Guys, is it TYPICAL for the immediate family of a missing child to be told "not to discuss the case amongst themselves"! This is noted TWICE on the report on page 67 of the Packet 2 PDF. Pretty hard to do, wouldn't you say!

It would seem that the tipstir gave the same tip twice, just reading back through the documents

Attachments

• tipcallbacksexoffender.jpg
    tipcallbacksexoffender.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 33
  • tipcallbacksamenamesexoffender.jpg
    tipcallbacksamenamesexoffender.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics