AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I remember, a "friend" JV, who has never been to the Celis' home, used the word "outrage" on NG. Here's the clip...
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/15/family-friend-defends-isabel-celis-dad

Where did RC state she was outraged?
TIA

No reason to disbelieve the friend just because he hasn't gone to their house. Maybe he and SC spend time together outside of their homes ? MOO But, I see what you are saying.She does not say outraged.I was only remembering the friend's say so. Actually, when I saw RC with the two children,after the NCO, I thought she seemed very confident and spoke purposefully. She seemed different,more relaxed somehow. It's just MOO..

Voluntary only in the sense that CPS did not have to go into court...MOO

If it was completely voluntary, I do not think RC would state that she was "outraged " about the No Contact order ? MOO

It is not an "order" in the legal sense...NCO is just CPS language here... MOO

It is,however, a very serious matter. MOO

This NCO began with LE finding something in the course of their investigation into the disappearance of Isabel. What they found made them very concerned for the safety of the two remaining Celis children. They contacted CPS. This is what led to SC not being allowed any contact with the two other children. Very little about this was voluntary...MOO At that point,SC's options were quite limited.MOO Just some thoughts and MOO

Yes you are spot on! The "volunteer" part IMO was a favor to this family. It looks better for Sergio if he "volunteers" to stay away from his children.

BBM ... What? When? I never heard/nor read this.

I didn't say it wasn't serious. I said it was NOT an "order". SC does have options. I won't go into that since I do NOT know why he voluntarily gave up his rights. I never speculate about things like that as a retired CPS worker in NM ...not AZ.

No,I was mistaken. Someone else,a family friend relayed that... I agree SC does have the option of not complying,of hiring an attorney. I have not said otherwise. MOO SC also has the option of using whatever services may have been offered him. MOO
But it all came about because of some findings made by LE....MOO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-Mercedes-Celis-FIVE-months-disappeared.html

Police admit that child-welfare officers went to the home of missing Isabel Mercedes Celis FIVE months before she disappeared Isabel Mercedes Celis was reported missing on April 21
Cops are yet to name a suspect in the Tucson, Arizona, mystery
Search has extended as far as Mexico, with federal authorities asking Mexican law enforcement to search hotels and bus terminals
911 calls reveal calm father reporting the girl missing, while mother is frantic
Father Sergio Celis has since been barred from having contact with his other children, ages 10 and 14

"On Monday, the Better Business Bureau of Southern Arizona issued a warning for those who are planning to donate money in the case of missing Tucson girl Isabel Celis."

"On Friday, Sergio Celis, the father of missing Tucson, Ariz. girl Isabel Celis, was barred by authorities from having any contact with his two sons, Isabel's older siblings, due to a concern for their welfare."
http://www.examiner.com/article/bet...-people-regarding-donations-isabel-celis-case

CPS and LE have not called it a "No Contact Order" and CPS was involved when Isa first went missing.

"Tucson Police confirmed Sergio Celis has voluntarily agreed not to have contact with his two sons"

"Kathy Rau is the Executive Director of the Southern Arizona Children's Advocacy Center and a former TPD investigator on missing child cases.

Rau could not give details about the Celis investigation, but she offered the 411 on CPS's involvement in cases of missing children. She said that CPS has a difficult task of trying to answer the question: Is a child safe?

Rau said it's difficult because it's, "a very subjective question and we just have to trust that we're getting the right information involved in the childrens' lives."

More of her perspective at link.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151466045.html

This is all more semantics. The no contact "agreement" is not legally an "order". However if Dad opts to defy the "agreement", no doubt he will be hauled into Court by CPS and potentially have an order entered against him. Or at the least begin the process, with counsel.

Fact of the matter is, both LE and CPS have come to the conclusion that Dad is not safe/suited *at this time* to interact with his two sons.

Whether CPS has been active in the Celis home/situation since December or since the "agreement", it seems abundantly clear they don't want him around his boys.

IMO/JMO/ABC/DEA/FBI, ad nauseum

This is all more semantics. The no contact "agreement" is not legally an "order". However if Dad opts to defy the "agreement", no doubt he will be hauled into Court by CPS and potentially have an order entered against him. Or at the least begin the process, with counsel.

Fact of the matter is, both LE and CPS have come to the conclusion that Dad is not safe/suited *at this time* to interact with his two sons.

Whether CPS has been active in the Celis home/situation since December or since the "agreement", it seems abundantly clear they don't want him around his boys.

IMO/JMO/ABC/DEA/FBI, ad nauseum

Indeed. It's sort of hard to argue with the facts here that the dad can't see, talk to, or communicate in any way with his boys for 3 full months.

That's probably how long LE is giving themselves to make an arrest.

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

TPD: Celis father separates from his boys voluntarily at CPS request

05/14/2012

"In the course of some interviews that occurred at the end of last week, some information was brought forward that we felt it was necessary to consult with Child Protective Services," said Chief Villasenor. "What was told to us, based on that, they consulted with our detectives as well as with family members, and a voluntary agreement was reached between Child Protective Services and the parents to restrict access, voluntary, for Sergio to get some space and distance from the older children of the Celis family.

CPS involved in Celis case

05/11/2012

Below is the TPD news release, in full:

"In the course of the continuing investigation into the disappearance of six year-old Isabel Celis, the Tucson Police Department has been in contact with Child Protective Services (CPS).

Recently, detectives became aware of information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children. That information was shared with CPS for their consideration and determination relating to this investigation. Yesterday, CPS personnel responded to police headquarters to consult with detectives as well as the family. Subsequent to their assessment, CPS instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare of the Celis children. It needs to be stressed that is common practice for CPS to become involved in investigations regarding missing children.

However, in keeping with our commitment to keep members of the media and our community informed of changes or developments in this investigation, we felt it important to advise you of the increased involvement of CPS.

Finally, because of the sensitive nature of this investigation, we will not be providing any additional information on this situation at this time."

Tucson Police tell News 4 the parents are living separately because of this and one of the parents is not allowed any kind of contact.

Is a person of interest the same as a suspect or not?
MOO They seem to have started a pathway to arrest MOO

There has been no statement whatsoever from CPS or LE on a time frame for the voluntary separation between SC and the boys.

Quoted from Bring Isa Home.
"You can also go to any Wells Fargo bank and make a deposit to the “Bring Isa Home” account. This a donation account and your receipt from the deposit can be used for your taxes."
http://bringisahome.com/donations/

Thanks. I read that. I also read what the poster wrote when she called them.
I think I will just call the Attorney Generals Office in the morning and talk with them.

Is a person of interest the same as a suspect or not?
MOO They seem to have started a pathway to arrest MOO

When I heard LE say this was an abduction, my first thought was then it was a stranger or someone she knew just took her out of the window. Then they clarified that they haven't ruled out anyone as a possible suspect, including family members.

"We want to clarify that by definition of the word, this does fall under the category of what an abduction is," Sgt. Maria Hawke said. "That essentially means that somebody took her. We do not believe that she actually left the residence on her own, meaning she didn't get up and walk out."

Sgt. Hawke explained why Tucson Police were hesitant to call this an abduction:

"We were very careful and we are very careful about using the word ‘abduction' by itself, because we all know the second you use that word, people automatically assume that it's a stranger abduction - somebody unknown to the family," she said. "We are still evaluating all of the information, and pursuing all possible avenues of investigation."

When I heard LE say this was an abduction, my first thought was then it was a stranger or someone she knew just took her out of the window. Then they clarified that they haven't ruled out anyone as a possible suspect, including family members.

"We want to clarify that by definition of the word, this does fall under the category of what an abduction is," Sgt. Maria Hawke said. "That essentially means that somebody took her. We do not believe that she actually left the residence on her own, meaning she didn't get up and walk out."

Sgt. Hawke explained why Tucson Police were hesitant to call this an abduction:

"We were very careful and we are very careful about using the word ‘abduction' by itself, because we all know the second you use that word, people automatically assume that it's a stranger abduction - somebody unknown to the family," she said. "We are still evaluating all of the information, and pursuing all possible avenues of investigation."
Thank you for posting this. Explains a lot.:yourock:

MOO Will someone Please BE ISA'S VOICE She deserves so much more :pullhair: MOO

I wonder if the FBI profiler had le searching a 3 mile radius. MOO they should go a few miles further seems these searches always come just short MOO
The FBI behavioral analysts, who in part help profile possible suspects in crimes against children, might "tell us what we're looking for," as police explore more than 100 leads each day about Isabel's whereabouts, said Villaseñor.

The FBI analysts went into the Celis home Tuesday night "to get their own firsthand perspective," Ronstadt said.
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_306169f6-acbc-5382-ba37-c1ed5927b093.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member