AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
* rumor *...two different blogs saying SC's been seen in public with his family. it was as of the 17th. one poster saw he and the boys with her own eyes.

no links, unfortunately. are any local(s) here? i cannot find one article confirming this. you'd think the media would be jumping on it if true...

TIA for anyone who can help out and get some proof...i'm tryin'...lol...

I've read those accounts, too, but have found nothing to substantiate the blog comments on any Tucson newspaper or TV station website. Local media would have been all over this because the CPS agreement was headline news when it became known that Sergio was asked to stay away from his sons. Bloggers can say anything they want to make their followers believe that they have insider knowledge of a case, but that doesn't make it so. :moo:

I've read those accounts, too, but have found nothing to substantiate the blog comments on any Tucson newspaper or TV station website. Local media would have been all over this because the CPS agreement was headline news when it became known that Sergio was asked to stay away from his sons. Bloggers can say anything they want to make their followers believe that they have insider knowledge of a case, but that doesn't make it so. :moo:

thank you...and ITA...

bummer though. i was hoping for some movement on the case.

I, too, read those reports that Sergio had been seeing the boys. But like y'all said, they are unconfirmed and reported on a blog.

I will say that often these rumors are evident just before MSM reports the same.

Hmmmmmm.

Right, but it just seems that if they were looking for a stranger, they would say they were trying to apprehend the suspect and make an arrest. His wording seems to indicate they have a path their working and they're trying to prove it and just need that one piece of evidence to make the arrest and take it to court, as he said in that May 14th presser. I'm just reading his in between the lines statements, he's walking all around it without coming right out and saying who they suspect.

Plus, along with the presser to tell about the CPS agreement, they also released the 911 calls.

IMO..... if they are trying to make a case against SC and if they don't have the evidence they need to make an arrest now, they won't ever have it. I personally don't believe there will be any conclusion to this case until Isa is found. They don't know whether she's dead or alive. How are they going to bring charges against him if they're not clear on what those charges are?

IMO..... if they are trying to make a case against SC and if they don't have the evidence they need to make an arrest now, they won't ever have it. I personally don't believe there will be any conclusion to this case until Isa is found. They don't know whether she's dead or alive. How are they going to bring charges against him if they're not clear on what those charges are?

IF the reason for the CPS voluntary no-contact agreement is somehow related to Isa's disappearance, and Sergio is not charged in the case, how much longer will he stay away from his sons? Can the voluntary agreement to not see his boys continue indefinitely? Seems like the Celis family is in limbo until Isabel is located or someone spills the beans. :moo:

OT: We had a record-breaking high of 95* yesterday in metro-Detroit (previous record was 93*). Power went out for several hours last night. Today's high is supposed to be 97*. It's already steamy!

Good point. Do we "know" that JM stayed in Isabel's room for a year (let's say, rather than staying on the couch like a gentleman).

If so, do we have a timeline for who was contacted first by SC and when? That is, from my recollection, didn't JM show up at the house pretty early . .that morning . . . was it BEFORE 911 had been called? Was he called BEFORE Becky was called?

I'm just wondering if the "wipe down" in Isabel's room occurred then . . .

mmmmmm IFCPS was called in December because JM was staying there and CPS said he had to go but he still stayed in Isabels room THEN that could be why her room was wiped clean. So CPS would not know they did not comply? IMO

I think that we should proceed from the viewpoint that the actions of CPS were entirely appropriate. Why would anyone start with the viewpoint that the actions of CPS were inappropriate in this case? You cannot compare this case to some case you know of where CPS was supposedly in the wrong. I will not question LE or CPS in the case of the no contact order, as I have no reason to believe their actions were at all inappropriate.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I am not going to assume anything regarding CPS's actions, because I know they don't always act appropriately in every case. Their actions could have been justified in this case, and they might not be, we don't know, but comparing cases and stating opinions is just part of the discussion.

question: was there any clarification on the kind of white hat they found in the car?

i mean, they didn't say 'shower cap' or 'baseball cap'...isa's wearing a white hat in the easter photo on RC's facebook.

just curious. tia.

I think the guy in the wrong day video had a white hat on..

* rumor *...two different blogs saying SC's been seen in public with his family. it was as of the 17th. one poster saw he and the boys with her own eyes.

no links, unfortunately. are any local(s) here? i cannot find one article confirming this. you'd think the media would be jumping on it if true...

I've seen posts that they were seen together on the 16th, although it's not confirmed. I've asked local news people and they said if they can get it confirmed, it will be on the news. So, at this time, since it's not in the news I would assume it to be a rumor. The only reason I can see them not reporting it is if they were specifically asked not to.

ETA: The "rumors" I saw were not from a blog post, but rather from comments from locals who had actually seen them together.

Good point. Do we "know" that JM stayed in Isabel's room for a year (let's say, rather than staying on the couch like a gentleman).

If so, do we have a timeline for who was contacted first by SC and when? That is, from my recollection, didn't JM show up at the house pretty early . .that morning . . . was it BEFORE 911 had been called? Was he called BEFORE Becky was called?

I'm just wondering if the "wipe down" in Isabel's room occurred then . . .

We do not know if JM stayed in Isa's room. It was assumed that if she did sleep in her brother's room, it could have been because JM was living in her room. Who knows though, he could have stayed in the den.

I have the feeling that JM was already there early that morning when this went down. He is not on the list of people Becky and Sergio called that morning according to the doc dump. And didn't the neighbor say he knocked on her door? Also I remember one part of the docs where the officer is stating another person (possible a brother of Becky's) came to the house but he did not get his name and they left and went to look for Isa. It is weird to me all the people coming and going and not getting someones name.

We do not know if JM stayed in Isa's room. It was assumed that if she did sleep in her brother's room, it could have been because JM was living in her room. Who knows though, he could have stayed in the den.

I have the feeling that JM was already there early that morning when this went down. He is not on the list of people Becky and Sergio called that morning according to the doc dump. And didn't the neighbor say he knocked on her door? Also I remember one part of the docs where the officer is stating another person (possible a brother of Becky's) came to the house but he did not get his name and they left and went to look for Isa. It is weird to me all the people coming and going and not getting someones name.

It's possible but I think Becky and Sergio probably wouldn't have had to call everybody who appeared that morning to look for Isa, I imagine once they called a couple of relatives those people could have called a number of others. "OMG, have you heard that Isabel is missing, Becky just called, come quickly", that sort of thing.

Given that the reported sightings of Sergio with his family were last weekend, maybe special arrangements were made so that Dad could spend Father's Day with his sons. :moo:

I don't think we can determine if a rumor is true based on whether the media covers it or not.
Once a case isn't getting daily media attention it may take a lot to get it back into the news. The media isn't all over it anymore.

Try getting the media to cover the fact that Mona Nelson now has $250,000 BOND for killing a 12 year old boy with a welding torch. Jonathan's case was in the news, media all over it, details are out there... but nobody seems to CARE that she has BOND now. :what:

Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder of Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 #12 - Page 10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I certainly think that would be newsworthy especially if she makes bond... :what: but apparently the Texas media does not?

So if doesn't surprise me at all... that Arizona media wouldn't cover it if Sergio was actually allowed to see his kids again.
In other cases it hasn't been big news either... often finding out through blogs. Verified either by the parent or later by the media. :twocents:

I don't think we can determine if a rumor is true based on whether the media covers it or not.
Once a case isn't getting daily media attention it may take a lot to get it back into the news. The media isn't all over it anymore.

Try getting the media to cover the fact that Mona Nelson now has $250,000 BOND for killing a 12 year old boy with a welding torch. Jonathan's case was in the news, media all over it, details are out there... but nobody seems to CARE that she has BOND now. :what:

Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder of Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 #12 - Page 10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I certainly think that would be newsworthy especially if she makes bond... :what: but apparently the Texas media does not?

So if doesn't surprise me at all... that Arizona media wouldn't cover it if Sergio was actually allowed to see his kids again.
In other cases it hasn't been big news either... often finding out through blogs. Verified either by the parent or later by the media. :twocents:

One difference between those two cases is that Isabel went missing about two months ago. Jonathan was killed around Christmas 2010. I definitely think it would be a lot "easier" for Isabel's case to come back in the news.

Given that the reported sightings of Sergio with his family were last weekend, maybe special arrangements were made so that Dad could spend Father's Day with his sons. :moo:

As ever, BDE, you make perfect sense. :)

I cannot imagine any type of agreement that is classified as voluntary would not have a concession for something like Father's Day!

The question has been asked to 4 different local reporters in regards to Sergio being allowed to be around the boys. One said they haven't been able to confirm that yet. Waiting on the others to respond. The news people are aware of the rumor though.
If it's not true, I would guess there will be nothing on local news. fwiw

eta, just rec'd a message back from one that said "thanks for the tip, we are working on it".

Our local media isn't exactly proactive. To be kind. Most of our news is literally handed to them by LE/various groups/Fire Dept...

Several locals are trying to find out if this/these rumors have any basis in fact. I've sent a few emails to media, and I know Dr. Know? has as well (and has had better luck... LOL).

Reporter number 3 is working on it too!

No news on this rumor will mean to me it's just that, a rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member