AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I sure don't know what happened here, but I will say that I am astounded by all of these child abductions (if they are such) going into cold cases after all of this time. Are there just that many unknown perps on the loose out there, getting rid of kids/young women? Ayla Reynolds, Lisa, etc. take your pick. I am stunned that so many are just out of the radar here with no one held accountable or grilled on things. I'm not saying I believe EVERY parent is responsible for these things, but I've just noticed in the last 4or 5 years or more, we hear about these "vanishings" of our little ones, sometimes the parents are under suspicion, sometimes not. But it's like a Twilight Zone episode. Poof, gone and everything just gones on as normal. I don't get it. Is it law enforcement? I guess in Lisa Irwin's case, it could be the defense lawyers, but look where that is it now? Why aren't people being pulled in and actually grilled if there are suspicions? I guess I'm just frustrated because I am hoping these kids get back alive with their parents, but one after the other results in the same thing, it seems. Just frustrated.

Where in the heck are Isabel's parents? If my kid was missing and the case was going cold, I'd be giving interviews left and right and just going crazy. People would be sick of hearing from me and seeing me. This is just horrible in so many ways. She has been forgotten.

Me, a complete stranger is thinking about Isa today. I'm worried. I notice she's not home. I'm not hearing any news about her. Where is she for Heaven's sake?

Hoping to hear back from the media on the cessation of the Isabel Celis fund via TMC. I wonder if they were even aware of it prior to my email. I would guess other locals have also reported it to the reporters. /irony

IMHO, multiple members of this family gave themselves away, so to speak, months ago, by their actions and demeanor.

I firmly believe that FBI behavior analysts zeroed in on the parents immediately after hearing the 911 tape. When I heard TPD urging the parents to go on TV so that they could "watch" them, I thought, "that sounds like something you'd say to a suspect."

When I look at everything in totality, it appears that the TPD has all but taken out a billboard naming the parents as suspects. Maybe, finally, places like TMC etc are wising up.

I just read some excellent posts & yours is one of them. Thank you & thanks to the rest of you too. I'm not alone in my thoughts thank goodness. Whew...

When a fb is set up and doesn't update very often, it makes you wonder. They do have a heart though. Good hearts for what they have done.

When the reporters are "BEYOND FRUSTRATED" & another has inside info that I'm glad they don't tell me (not on a need to know basis & very dangerous with shiney objects like that) red flags just fly everywhere.

LOL re: shiny things. Thanks for that. :)

OT -- I don't think our local reporters work long hours, but I really *am* hoping for a response on the fund closure. If that's not newsworthy, I'm not sure what is. (aside from our typical fare here. :le sigh: ).

I agree Pieper, the fund closer & handing over to WF is interesting, plus a little follow up on the pretend "paper the streets" & how the family plans on being at more events (per the last vigil video) would be nice.

Don't get me started on reporters... lol

Hope you are doing well Pieper.

My answer was priceless. Or should that be clueless?!?

"Thanks for your message! I appreciate it.

Our last story on Isabel that I remember was on July 27:
http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/164111356.html

Back then, we got an update from TPD as well as the Celis family.
Police said investigators are still on this case every day.

Thanks for letting me know about those other things.

I'll be checking the status of our public records request, which we have placed with TPD some time ago.

Take care and keep in touch."

I do NOT missing living in NYC... except for the news sources/reporter's motivation levels. No one in Tucson knows/cares about 'scooping' or the basics of investigative reporting. They wait til something lands in their lap. Head-Wall.

I agree Pieper.

When Isabel hit the news, I was running around like a chicken on twitter for news updates to get & post. Then FB and so on. It took until later that day to find anything. Not much until Sunday evening, Gar. I was emailing everyone I knew. I was so disappointed. Then to hear, (forget his name), law enforcement officer say they were going to use Social Media to spread the word about Isa, I just felt hopeless. Where is the social media for Tucson?

If you use social media, you do find some credible news sources. I stick to MSM news on twitter though, I follow many stations throughout the world. In AZ though, it doesn't happen. jmo

I hope that wherever Isa is, she knows there are some of us who haven't forgotten her and are still thinking about her. :(

I hope that wherever Isa is, she knows there are some of us who haven't forgotten her and are still thinking about her. :(

When Isa's parents said that they wanted to "move on", I guess they thought that the rest of us would, as well :rolleyes: I still hope and pray that there will be justice for Isabel and that whoever took her from her family or knows what happened to the little girl will be punished.

As Kat77 mentioned a while ago, the stage appears set for a miracle, with Sergio directing and RC leading the worldwide prayer chain to help bring it about. RC and SC have used the word "miracle" often, and of course, there's SC's famously dilusional comment that IC's disappearance triggered a worldwide outpouring of prayer not seen since 911.

Hold onto your plastic bracelets because this child may reappear soon. IMO, her captors are just waiting for their cue from SC to release her.

Following up on Dr. Know and Pieper's requests, I just sent an email to the official Bring Isa Home web site asking why nobody showed for the Paper Your Streets event, and also asking why TMC is no longer accepting donations. If I get a response, I'll post it. I don't expect one, though.

From my new BFF reporter (snark):
"We covered that poster-posting event--even though it didn't really happen. We've also been following up with the prank 9-1-1 call. When we provide an update on that case, we usually also share the latest on the Celis investigation.

I don't have answers to your other specific questions. But they're all ones I'll keep in mind and bring up at our next meeting in which we discuss which stories to pursue."

Did I miss a TV story on the No Show? What is to follow up on the prank call?!? Geeze. BusyBusyBusy.

"We covered that poster-posting event--even though it didn't really happen. We've also been following up with the prank 9-1-1 call. When we provide an update on that case, we usually also share the latest on the Celis investigation.

I don't have answers to your other specific questions. But they're all ones I'll keep in mind and bring up at our next meeting in which we discuss which stories to pursue."

Did I miss a TV story on the No Show? What is to follow up on the prank call?!? Geeze. BusyBusyBusy.

Can't find anything on the No Show. Nothing on twitter or Facebook. No follow up needed on the little girls who cried Isa. I don't doubt they are begging to move over their embarrassment by now.

I can't go tomorrow but if anyone is near the command center, it would be nice to know if they are busy or even if they are still there.

Pieper,

Maybe this is the link that you are looking for. It's the only TV coverage I've seen on the No Show.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/19194425/only-a-few-show-up-for-paper-your-streets

....couple of interesting comments below :waitasec:

That's an understatement. :) I ignore George because he apparently dislikes Villsenor (Roberto) intensely and always has a comment about TPD to get his opinion out there... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak