AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have read & listened to locally, Sergio slept on the couch that night after watching a dvr of a Diamondbacks baseball game. The 5am moving from the couch to the bed with RC would have to be confirmed by RC. jmo Haven't heard a word about that. Has anyone? Her facebook didn't look like a married woman when Isabel first disappeared. I know, that has been debated over and over...strike my last statement please.

I don't care if they are married, living in the house together or not, mainly my worries are with how the boys are coping & what happened to Isa? I've read no theories from the family. That would be nice to know.

If there would be one thing I'd say to RC, prayer is good & very powerful only if it includes a plan thought out. To me if you just stop and just pray, it is hopeless. Selling bracelets, putting up flyers and sitting somewhere in prayer are steps. You can hope forever but you have to work at it. Like being a ***** and sifting through dirt to find the last piece of gold, you have to work to find that gold. Let that gold be Isabel & her return. May you have that strength.

mo

Where in the heck are Isabel's parents? If my kid was missing and the case was going cold, I'd be giving interviews left and right and just going crazy. People would be sick of hearing from me and seeing me. This is just horrible in so many ways. She has been forgotten.

see, thats what I meant, lot of american cases of "abducted/missing" children from their homes/bedrooms, and none has seen/heard anything, the list is long and those kids never appeared again, there is no traces, no people going to prison for that , parents won´t talk to the media and cases getting cold, I even do not understand these parents at all. :maddening:
Maybe it´s the perfect crime.:please:
Heidi, mum of abducted Dirk Schiller(non family abduction):moo:

I think its as you suggest. It was after CPS stepped in that he was living at another location. Most likely his parents home.

We KNOW he was living there imo because he was there the night Isa went missing and they all went to the ballgame and came home together. I have never heard one word about Becky and Sergio ever being separated before he agreed to stay away from the boys.

Even the reporter says 'things are back to normal now' (paraphrasing) and imo normal is meaning the family is all living together once again.

IMO

I'm not so sure we *know* any such thing. He slept there that night, per his 911 call. But living? Nope. We don't know that definitively.

As a local, I've heard information which indicates he and BC were not a "couple" residentially and/or otherwise for some time prior to Isabel's disappearance. Are those confirmed? Nope. Nor are assumptions he's been "living there" since xx/xx/xxxx. Conjecture at best.

Which reporter do you cite? From Jane's program? I am afraid that personally I place less-than-zero stock in that crew. FWIW and JMO and FBI and lots of other acronyms. While the media in Tucson may be atrocious, they don't make their livings off of hype, ranting, and rather "extrapolated" content.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/pats-bits-and-bytes/?p=187

(snipped by me)

"But don’t you think those of us who live here in this community should know all the latest information about this case? Is Sergio really back home now with his family and what changed things?"

i wonder too; after three months, cps no longer felt sergio should be separated from his children. did something change? three months. hm. jmo.

I'm not so sure we *know* any such thing. He slept there that night, per his 911 call. But living? Nope. We don't know that definitively.

As a local, I've heard information which indicates he and BC were not a "couple" residentially and/or otherwise for some time prior to Isabel's disappearance. Are those confirmed? Nope. Nor are assumptions he's been "living there" since xx/xx/xxxx. Conjecture at best.

Which reporter do you cite? From Jane's program? I am afraid that personally I place less-than-zero stock in that crew. FWIW and JMO and FBI and lots of other acronyms. While the media in Tucson may be atrocious, they don't make their livings off of hype, ranting, and rather "extrapolated" content.

I suppose I should not have used the word 'we.' My bad. IMO, 'I' have no reason to doubt he was living there at the time Isa went missing. Iirc he said he went to bed with Becky around 5:30 that morning. Falling asleep on the couch is common, imo. I have done the same myself and when I woke up much later I went to bed with my hubby. I see nothing suspicious about what he said transpired and certainly nothing that shows me they were separated at the time of Isa's disappearance.Imo, it seemed to be a typical family that Friday.

I have a friend who lives in Tucson and she had already told me that she has seen the entire family together even before they were all at the vigil.

I do believe the media would know if the family was back together again. I have thought for sometime that they have been reunited.

Personally, I have always felt the reason Sergio agreed to be away from his boys was not for a reason we normally see. Thats just my opinion though. From the very start it didnt seem CPS nor TPD were very tight on the agreement when they both knew that Sergio was feet away from the boys at the very first vigil. Nothing happened and that is why I think the reason for the separation is something uncommon and had nothing to do with him being abusive or a danger to his children.

I do understand how rumors runs rampant in local cases. The same happens in my hometown and in the end most of it turned out just that.......rumors and gossip.

JMO

I personally don't put much stock into what reporters say, and JVM loves to put out hype, but I also don't put much stock into what local gossip say either, in some cases. People love to talk, and gossip travels faster than the speed of light. If he was residing somewhere else, then why would he stay in the house that night, the very night that Isa disappeared? Wouldn't he have dropped everyone off and went to his own place? Can anyone come up with a location for where he was supposedly living? I think if they had actually been separated, LE and probably the media would have picked up on that way back in the beginning. But I could be wrong, of course. It just doesn't seem very likely to me, but then I'm not there.

I personally don't put much stock into what reporters say...

I think if they had actually been separated, LE and probably the media would have picked up on that way back in the beginning.

Since you don't put much stock into what reporters say, then having the media report on the living arrangements wouldn't matter anyway, correct?

I watched the JVM coverage and one of the psychologists stated the prank from the two girls could be significant because they may have been "acting out" on something they had knowledge of. In one of the early local articles, it was stated that the older girl knew the younger Celis boy.

To me, that is the real significance of the call. ABC News also reported very early on (back in the threads) that LE interviewed the Celis boys' schoolmates to see what they had been talking about verbally and in social media in the weeks leading up to Isabel's "abduction."

I watched the JVM coverage and one of the psychologists stated the prank from the two girls could be significant because they may have been "acting out" on something they had knowledge of. In one of the early local articles, it was stated that the older girl knew the younger Celis boy.

To me, that is the real significance of the call. ABC News also reported very early on (back in the threads) that LE interviewed the Celis boys' schoolmates to see what they had been talking about verbally and in social media in the weeks leading up to Isabel's "abduction."

While I do understand that some kids can make prank calls I dont think I have ever heard of one that pretended to be a missing child. Whether they meant for it to be mean spirited or not imo it was.

If a child of mine had done something so shocking I would have been very upset with them and embarrassed as well. I would have taken my children to the Celis family and made them apologize in person.

A missing child is no laughing matter and neither is pretending to be a missing child.

The police have clearly said that Isa was abducted.

IMO

While I do understand that some kids can make prank calls I dont think I have ever heard of one that pretended to be a missing child. Whether they meant for it to be mean spirited or not imo it was.

If a child of mine had done something so shocking I would have been very upset with them and embarrassed as well. I would have taken my children to the Celis family and made them apologize in person.

A missing child is no laughing matter and neither is pretending to be a missing child.

The police have clearly said that Isa was abducted.

IMO

Right, but my post wasn't about these issues. I was discussing a possible motivation - the "why" question - and its significance to the case. I think it's pretty obvious and generally well-accepted that making prank calls about a missing child is not appropriate.

The sad part is that if she is alive (unfortunately I doubt that) she would fit right in in Mexico and could pretty much drop off the radar. :( poor girl.

I haven't really seen posters state their theories on this case, could you guys let me know what your line of thinking is? :)

The sad part is that if she is alive (unfortunately I doubt that) she would fit right in in Mexico and could pretty much drop off the radar. :( poor girl.

I haven't really seen posters state their theories on this case, could you guys let me know what your line of thinking is? :)

Since Isabel's disappearance, there have been many theories bandied about here at Websleuths. Rather than suggest that you read every post on the case, this poll will give you an idea of what members think about Isabel's disappearance.

What happened to Isabel Celis? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Right, but my post wasn't about these issues. I was discussing a possible motivation - the "why" question - and its significance to the case. I think it's pretty obvious and generally well-accepted that making prank calls about a missing child is not appropriate.

What would their motive be other than just wanting to do a prank call? If they knew anything they would have long told LE and not do it through a prank call pretending to be Isa, imo. Like I said kids have made all sorts of strange prank calls but I cant remember one where they pretended to be a missing child. Well come to think of it I have to take that back. The same thing was done in Sierra Lamar's case when someone was pretending to be Sierra. I find it beyond cruel really but then I know some children dont realize the seriousness of what they do sometimes .

They may have been acting out and wanting attention from their parents but I doubt it. I think they just thought this was a cute thing to do and did it. :(

Why some want to hurt the families even further like this I dont know.

IMO

Unfotunatly pre teens and even teenagers do some stupid things when young. I would think it was simply a prank and nothing more. I'm sure the police have checked them out rather rigorously .

I think RC had/has family in LE, IIRC.

And in the Pima Co. DA's office, too, wasn't it? No, that's not right.....it was some other position like a department chief in the SO. I will have to go back and look.

Unfotunatly pre teens and even teenagers do some stupid things when young. I would think it was simply a prank and nothing more. I'm sure the police have checked them out rather rigorously .

Stupid prank or not, it's the job of adults to teach young people about boundaries, appropriate behavior and consequences when lines are crossed.

There is nothing wrong with being punished for making a poor choice, especially a mean-spirited one. Perhaps next time those girls have an urge to prank call the police, they will stop and reconsider. That's how we learn.

JMHO :)

see, thats what I meant, lot of american cases of "abducted/missing" children from their homes/bedrooms, and none has seen/heard anything, the list is long and those kids never appeared again, there is no traces, no people going to prison for that , parents won´t talk to the media and cases getting cold, I even do not understand these parents at all. :maddening:
Maybe it´s the perfect crime.:please:
Heidi, mum of abducted Dirk Schiller(non family abduction):moo:

Heidi;

Thank you for your perspective, which IMO carries considerably more weight than any speculation on the parts of those of us who have not lived the nightmare of having a child go missing.

I agree, it just stuns me how parents could do so very little to support police in finding their child. MOO but an innocent parent would not sit idly by and all but obstruct LE's efforts.

Even with their checkered criminal pasts, the parents of the missing girls in IA are cooperating with police and the media. It has earned them a bit of public derision, but I know I wouldn't give a fig what people said about me as long as I was doing whatever I could to find my child.

Snipped

I do believe the media would know if the family was back together again. I have thought for sometime that they have been reunited.
JMO
There are a few of us here who are in regular contact w/local reporters and in some cases LE. They do not appear to know, in fact, whether the family is reunited. The house looks utterly vacant. Local media did not even know they had a comment on one of their own articles about the No Show Paper Your Neighborhood fiasco from a volunteer citing division in the ranks/leadership. So if your friend here in Tucson is wise, s/he might want to provide her "eyewitness" information to KOLD, KVOA or KGUN. That's the only way the media here "knows" anything.

Many thoughts come to my mind as to why SC might have slept on the couch that night. Mom had to be to work early the next morning, and Isabel had an early ballgame to get to... amongst them. Not all familial splits are contentious. And then there was the initial comment from LE's mouths about this case not being a standard custodial issue since there was no divorce... (paraphrased due to storm overhead).

Yes, may the reporter please stand up and tell Tucson that news. At this point, applauds might be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove