AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few of us here who are in regular contact w/local reporters and in some cases LE. They do not appear to know, in fact, whether the family is reunited. The house looks utterly vacant. Local media did not even know they had a comment on one of their own articles about the No Show Paper Your Neighborhood fiasco from a volunteer citing division in the ranks/leadership. So if your friend here in Tucson is wise, s/he might want to provide her "eyewitness" information to KOLD, KVOA or KGUN. That's the only way the media here "knows" anything.

Many thoughts come to my mind as to why SC might have slept on the couch that night. Mom had to be to work early the next morning, and Isabel had an early ballgame to get to... amongst them. Not all familial splits are contentious. And then there was the initial comment from LE's mouths about this case not being a standard custodial issue since there was no divorce... (paraphrased due to storm overhead).

I can ask her to call the reporters but I doubt she will do that. She hasnt kept up with this case closely like I have and only told to me that she had seen Sergio and Becky out with the boys because she knows I have kept up with the case. She said it was one day when she was in the area close to where the Celis's live.

Of course she knows that Isa is missing because the fliers and knows where they live. She isnt a member of any MBs though.

IMO

Although I am not here very often because of personal issues, Isabel is always in my thoughts and prayers!

I do not comment on this thread very much at all, but do want to say that I am keeping little Isa in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sorry, but I do think SC knows what happened to little Isa. I have had that feeling from the beginning, and I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

I still pray that little Isa will be located whether she is alive or not. Please God, let this child be located alive! If she is not alive, then I pray for a proper burial for her rather than wherever she is now.

MOO

I personally don't put much stock into what reporters say, and JVM loves to put out hype, but I also don't put much stock into what local gossip say either, in some cases. People love to talk, and gossip travels faster than the speed of light. If he was residing somewhere else, then why would he stay in the house that night, the very night that Isa disappeared? Wouldn't he have dropped everyone off and went to his own place? Can anyone come up with a location for where he was supposedly living? I think if they had actually been separated, LE and probably the media would have picked up on that way back in the beginning. But I could be wrong, of course. It just doesn't seem very likely to me, but then I'm not there.
Moo but we've already heard from the most likely accurate source that Sergio was living in the home with his family when Isa went missing.. The neighbors have made it very clear that Sergio lived in the family home.. They reported when he was not(voluntary agreement).. And they now state he's right back at home just as he was prior to the abduction..

All the other hype is bs and about as useless as the boring navel lint.. Jmo

This is JMO, but I sense that LE and their "suspects" are now in a stand-off.

Dr. Know and Pieper said that a local reporter said she had inside info about the case that could compromise the investigation. If she has inside information, then it could have only come from LE. And that means LE knows something significant. They are not clueless.

My sense is that many reporters now possess signicant inside information and as a result, they are in a holding pattern. It has to be tough to know the truth, and not be able to report it. It must be equally hard to have to continue to chase down the "story" when you already know the ending. JMO.

I would guess that one of our local news stations hooked up with JVM on HLN for that last story of the 911 prank calling little girls & Sergio living with the family again.

At this point, why doesn't CPS or LE just say they are living together or not? Or Rebecca or Sergio? Why the neighbor leak? I'm just not clear on this being true yet. I've got my op either way.

jmo

I do not comment on this thread very much at all, but do want to say that I am keeping little Isa in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sorry, but I do think SC knows what happened to little Isa. I have had that feeling from the beginning, and I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

I still pray that little Isa will be located whether she is alive or not. Please God, let this child be located alive! If she is not alive, then I pray for a proper burial for her rather than wherever she is now.

MOO

You and me both.... JMO

Moo but we've already heard from the most likely accurate source that Sergio was living in the home with his family when Isa went missing.. The neighbors have made it very clear that Sergio lived in the family home.. They reported when he was not(voluntary agreement).. And they now state he's right back at home just as he was prior to the abduction..

All the other hype is bs and about as useless as the boring navel lint.. Jmo

I'm not sure I agree ^. What happens behind closed doors can be and often is vastly different than the "public" perception -- even close neighbors' perceptions. I am living proof of that. All of my neighbors, in attached housing no less, thought my family life was the model of a loving and secure existence for 13 years. I still resent their blinders to this day. :/

Additionally one of the more vocal neighbor families appears to have some skeletons in their closet which leads me to discount their veracity until shown otherwise. It's all smoke and mirrors until the *FACTS* are irrefutable and documented.

Back to navel lint for me. :)

Of course, JMO, DEA, etc.

I'm not sure I agree ^. What happens behind closed doors can be and often is vastly different than the "public" perception -- even close neighbors' perceptions. I am living proof of that. All of my neighbors, in attached housing no less, thought my family life was the model of a loving and secure existence for 13 years. I still resent their blinders to this day. :/

Additionally one of the more vocal neighbor families appears to have some skeletons in their closet which leads me to discount their veracity until shown otherwise. It's all smoke and mirrors until the *FACTS* are irrefutable and documented.

Back to navel lint for me. :)

Of course, JMO, DEA, etc.

It's usually pretty easy to tell when someone is actually living in a house, rather than coming and going through those doors, though. We may not know what is going on IN the house, but we know who lives there all the time, or just visits.

I would guess that one of our local news stations hooked up with JVM on HLN for that last story of the 911 prank calling little girls & Sergio living with the family again.

At this point, why doesn't CPS or LE just say they are living together or not? Or Rebecca or Sergio? Why the neighbor leak? I'm just not clear on this being true yet. I've got my op either way.

jmo

Probably because neither agency is obligated to tell the public or the media anything regarding their living arrangements. That news would probably have to come from them, and they may regard it as none of our business.
It doesn't matter to me if they are together or not, except I think it is better for the boys to be a united family.
JMO

This is JMO, but I sense that LE and their "suspects" are now in a stand-off.

Dr. Know and Pieper said that a local reporter said she had inside info about the case that could compromise the investigation. If she has inside information, then it could have only come from LE. And that means LE knows something significant. They are not clueless.

My sense is that many reporters now possess signicant inside information and as a result, they are in a holding pattern. It has to be tough to know the truth, and not be able to report it. It must be equally hard to have to continue to chase down the "story" when you already know the ending. JMO.

Inside information could come from a family member, or another relative, it wouldn't necessarily have to be from LE. And what does she mean by compromising the investigation? If it is something important enough that could crack the case, she could be in serious trouble by NOT reporting it to LE. If it is information from LE, which I doubt, then why on earth would they be telling a reporter about it with the admonishment not to report it?
I can't imagine a reporter NOT wanting to tell the end of the story. That's what they live for. And I also can't imagine a reporter keeping a lid on something that could be important to the case.
This just doesn't make sense to me.

Off-topic: Under the comments section of the Paper Your Streets article that was referenced above, one of the workers at the center said the Celis parents are back to work.

Could any of the Tucson locals comment with an update of what is being locally reported in the case of the late night home intruder who was reported to sexually assault a young girl, one of three young sisters visiting from Hawaii?
I believe the incident occurred in very early May. Video of a young, white male wearing glasses and resembling the LE "sketch" (compiled from the three girls' description of the assailant) was provided from a camera in a convenience store and released for the public's attention/help by LE shortly after the incident I believe there was a suspect but reports of the case were few.
It has always bothered me that this incident occurred so soon after Isabel was reported as abducted from her room during the night. I remember the possibility of a link between the two incidents was considered and investigated.
Is there any new information?
Thank you for your diligence.
IMO

IMO

Spice, haven't heard a word about the 3 girls or the guy nor a word on Linda Watkin's remains being found. Nothing about the torso found without a head, hands or feet either in January. Tucson just doesn't do investigative reporting or maybe they just don't have a good connection it appears with law enforcement. Seems many cases are like that anymore. hmmm If you lived here, you will be frustrated possibly like me, with no follow ups.

I'll hold my comments as to why. I'm disappointed in the reporting and follow up on lot's of cases over the years here. No resolve. Keep a story in the news, you get people talking. It only takes one to talk. Social media is a deadend here. Half a million people and no one talks. Who would have guessed that? jmo

Inside information could come from a family member, or another relative, it wouldn't necessarily have to be from LE. And what does she mean by compromising the investigation? If it is something important enough that could crack the case, she could be in serious trouble by NOT reporting it to LE. If it is information from LE, which I doubt, then why on earth would they be telling a reporter about it with the admonishment not to report it?
I can't imagine a reporter NOT wanting to tell the end of the story. That's what they live for. And I also can't imagine a reporter keeping a lid on something that could be important to the case.
This just doesn't make sense to me.

Having dealt with some local reporters in my area and learning how things work, believe it or not, crime beat reporters DO learn things about the cases that they do not talk about or report on. If someone tells them something and asks them not to report it, they honor those requests or they will lose their "in." It could be info they learned from LE or the DA's office or someone who knows the victim or the family. These are not things that can break open a case--of course those are told to LE by the sources.

As for why reporting those things would compromise an investigation...because if a suspect has not been arrested then they don't know what the evidence the state may have against them so far. If it got reported then they would know, as would the public and potential future jury pool.

Mass scheduled for 8/27 at St Joseph's for Isabel's birthday according to RC's FB page.
Not terribly newsworthy, but it's better than utter silence?

I'm not sure what's worse:

1) Watching parents who have had a hand in their child's disappearance just go about their lives without an ounce of remorse

- OR -

2)The ones who don rosaries and hold prayer vigils and raise "donations" to try and find "him/her."

Both are nauseating to watch.

I'm not sure what's worse:

1) Watching parents who have had a hand in their child's disappearance just go about their lives without an ounce of remorse

- OR -

2)The ones who don rosaries and hold prayer vigils and raise "donations" to try and find "him/her."

Both are nauseating to watch.

I'm being curious, not snarky.

I'm not sure why you put the word donations inside of quotes. Do you believe that the people who have contributed money have not done so voluntarily?

Having dealt with some local reporters in my area and learning how things work, believe it or not, crime beat reporters DO learn things about the cases that they do not talk about or report on. If someone tells them something and asks them not to report it, they honor those requests or they will lose their "in." It could be info they learned from LE or the DA's office or someone who knows the victim or the family. These are not things that can break open a case--of course those are told to LE by the sources.

As for why reporting those things would compromise an investigation...because if a suspect has not been arrested then they don't know what the evidence the state may have against them so far. If it got reported then they would know, as would the public and potential future jury pool.

BBM: That's kind of what I said. I heard about a case here several years ago that ended up in a mistrial because some reporter blabbed something that wasn't supposed to be made public. Not all reporters are trustworthy, and they're not usually very experienced, so as a result, our LE and DA's office are pretty strict on what they are allowed to say to the media. That may not be true in AZ, but it is here. I well understand how cases can be compromised by bad reporting, that's not what I was getting at. If someone out there has information that affects the case one way or the other, that person should talk to LE rather than running to the media with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove