AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jane Velez-Mitchell (HLN) is covering Isabel Celis case on her show this evening. So far, the only new information that has been reported is that Sergio is back with the family and that they are residing at the family home.
Transcript should be available within 24 hours.

Jane is discussing the Isabel Celis case regarding the two prank 911 calls. Also it was stated on the show, per HLN Producer Selin D, that everything is back to normal at the Celis' house with Sergio coming and going as usual.

Note: This is another site that I upload videos. You don't have to be a member to view the videos, but if you want to comment, you have to sign up. Apparently non-members might see an ad, of which, is put there by the website.

YT is getting to be an issue now with uploads from HLN, and keep hitting me with Match Third Party Content. :censored:

Isabel Celis - 8/16/12
Isabel Celis: 8/16/12 - Video Dailymotion

The girls were ages 9 and 11!! Wow just wow!

Nearly $4,700 in resources was spent investigating a prank call made by a pair of sisters who called 911 Sunday and claimed to be missing Tucson 6-year-old Isabel Celis, the Tucson Police Department estimates.

The girls called 911 three times saying that a man was coming for them, giving the name “Isabel” and saying they were kidnapped, according to 911 tapes released Monday afternoon.

In the first call one girl repeats “he’s coming” when asked what she was calling to report, before hanging up the phone.

In the second call, a girl says “Isabel” when she’s asked what she’s reporting, when asked again why she was calling she replied “I’m kidnapped” and gave the address of “East Old Spanish Trail” when a dispatcher asked where she was calling from.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_d6237802-f278-50c1-92d1-b798986b1555.html

That happened almost a month ago, 7/22. The girls have taken a lot from the local news & now on a slow day HLN digs it up as breaking news? Even juvie wouldn't take them that night as they didn't meet their criteria. I think they have been humilitated enough locally. Shame on HLN. When you send 25 cop cars to a house it costs... smh

Slow news day for sure... Loved the red herring interpretation. Srsly. Navel lint is more intriguing at this point.

...SELIN DARKAISTANIAN, HLN PRODUCER: Jane, I just got off the phone with the two neighbors that live down the street from Isabel`s family and are friends and their kids played with Isabel`s older brothers. And they said that remember when this first happened child protective services stepped in and said the dad can have no contact with the two brothers. And in fact, he wasn`t even living with them. He was staying at another location.

But they say things are back to normal. They are living at the house. They are walking down the street. You know, he`s been seen walking down the street with his kids, to the grandparents` house. And it seems like he`s able to have contact with the two sons now. They showed a united front. They showed up to the prayer vigil. You know, the family is definitely united and the dad is living back at the house at Isabel`s house now. And he is allowed to have contact with his two older sons. But they said it seems like everything`s back to normal. It`s really quiet aside from a few Isabel posters in and around the streets...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...6/ijvm.01.html

...SELIN DARKAISTANIAN, HLN PRODUCER: Jane, I just got off the phone with the two neighbors that live down the street from Isabel`s family and are friends and their kids played with Isabel`s older brothers. And they said that remember when this first happened child protective services stepped in and said the dad can have no contact with the two brothers. And in fact, he wasn`t even living with them. He was staying at another location.

But they say things are back to normal. They are living at the house. They are walking down the street. You know, he`s been seen walking down the street with his kids, to the grandparents` house. And it seems like he`s able to have contact with the two sons now. They showed a united front. They showed up to the prayer vigil. You know, the family is definitely united and the dad is living back at the house at Isabel`s house now. And he is allowed to have contact with his two older sons. But they said it seems like everything`s back to normal. It`s really quiet aside from a few Isabel posters in and around the streets...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...6/ijvm.01.html

Thanks BDE. BBM interesting. SC wasn't even living with them at the time.

It's a bit confusing but does it mean that he wasn't living with them after CPS said he couldn't?

Hey Donj! I took it as when CPS stepped in, Sergio had already been staying elsewhere. Then it was made formal with the agreed upon voluntary no contact with the boys.

jmo

Hln is covering the fake 911 calls, almost peed my pants when it came on. Long drawn out teaser with nothing new. Why oh why do they rehash old news? At least it is attention.

I take back my previous post actually quoting something from HLN about the family. Too many times I've seen the spliced video hasn't matched the transcripts. I can't watch it again right now. Will try to this weekend though. chills..I will hold until I watch it. Pretty sure of what family said that, just want to make sure about the wording of it. jmo

Hey Donj! I took it as when CPS stepped in, Sergio had already been staying elsewhere. Then it was made formal with the agreed upon voluntary no contact with the boys.

jmo

Unfortunately, I don't think there was any new info - it sounded like sloppy wording to me (a transition missing perhaps) and that they meant after the CPS order not before. Although the Celis' were also already staying elsewhere when CPS stepped in so who knows what they meant.

Both of Isabel's parents have magically had charges go "poof" ;)

Oh, right! I forgot about RC's child endangerment charge. Wasn't that a DUI with one of her children in the car? I gotta tell ya, I'm kinda okay with charges about dogs running loose going "poof", but DUI stuff going "poof" makes my blood boil.

I guess it's all about having friends/family in high places, no? ;)

It's fine to disagree but I believe I said "usually" which means in most cases, but not all.
Ask someone in LE who actually works in missing child cases. Most of them will tell you that when it's a family member who is responsible, LE is more likely to figure it out quicker than if it's a stranger. There are going to be signs of guilt or remorse for what they've done, whereas a stranger predator is not going to show much remorse at all. Other things come into play as well, but each case is different.
It is my very strong opinion that if either of these parents were responsible for their daughter's disappearance, LE would have arrested one or both of them by now. It's not that hard to get an arrest warrant if they have enough probable cause to hold them. They can always gather more evidence while they're sitting in jail. My guess is they just have not found anything yet that points to either one of them.

LTNS everyone! :seeya: I have been away on a wonderful anniversary vacation and just returned.

ITA!

And even LE admits when the perp has no commonality or link with the victim those are the hardest cases to solve. I think that is why there are sooooo many unsolved cases. And it just makes logical sense to me that they would be.

LE has to have a starting point to progress in an investigation. Searching for unknown individual that may have left no forensic evidence behind is really like looking for one person among millions and not even knowing which one person it is. Even if the person did leave DNA evidence behind they still have to be in a criminal data bank to be identified.

I think LE did concentrate on the Celis family and have found nothing tying them to Isa's abduction and I dont believe LE has a clue who kidnapped Isa and may never know.

I think that may be one of the reasons why a lot of these cases dont get solved. A poster put up a link one time showing how LE can get tunnel vision sometimes in missing children cases and waste way too much valuable time concentrating on the parents while the real perp is out there still running loose

IMO

It's a bit confusing but does it mean that he wasn't living with them after CPS said he couldn't?

I think its as you suggest. It was after CPS stepped in that he was living at another location. Most likely his parents home.

We KNOW he was living there imo because he was there the night Isa went missing and they all went to the ballgame and came home together. I have never heard one word about Becky and Sergio ever being separated before he agreed to stay away from the boys.

Even the reporter says 'things are back to normal now' (paraphrasing) and imo normal is meaning the family is all living together once again.

IMO

Oh, right! I forgot about RC's child endangerment charge. Wasn't that a DUI with one of her children in the car? I gotta tell ya, I'm kinda okay with charges about dogs running loose going "poof", but DUI stuff going "poof" makes my blood boil.

I guess it's all about having friends/family in high places, no? ;)

Is that the case here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member