AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, you are completely wrong about the cartels not being involved with illegal immigration and human smuggling on the border. I lived right on the border from 9 years of age until 18...had lots of people I knew jump over to work in the US...then went home at night. For the last 20 years I've lived an hour from the border, and over the last decade or so the drug cartels absolutely took over the immigrant trails...that is the biggest reason things have gotten so crazy bad along the Arizona border....and beyond. The cartels are not in the kid smuggling business per se, but believe me when I say there are a lot of children being caught up in this mess by accompanying their parents sneaking up into the US.

I know! I'm sorry, I omitted that one - the most important one! But I caught it and correct it in a later post. But, I didn't say they weren't involved in illegal immigration. I was specifically talking about trafficking for sex trade or slavery purposes. Why else would they want Isabel?

In any event, my point is that Mexican cartels, drug cartels really aren't involved in kidnapping random children from homes in the U.S. There is only one case I know of and that involved drugs and retribution. This family just does not strike me as the type to be involved in that.

And of course, Isabel is not a troubled teen trying to get away from home and being caught up in prostitution, nor do border traffickers smuggle kids OUT of the U.S.. The smuggle them IN.

I really think this is either someone who stalked her or knew her. Nevertheless, I'm glad we are discussing all the potential theories. Ya' never know what might crack the case.

I think it is a wise move until they know who kidnapped Isa.

Makes me wonder if they have received calls from someone pretending to be the perp or the actual perp and telling them they have murdered Isa and they can kill them at anytime too.

IMO
Good point.

Also, in the Samantha Koenig (older teen) case, there was a very twisted kidnapping for ransom thing going on, and LE did not announce it. Her father came under some criticism for several things, but all the while, much was happening "behind the scenes". Tragically, Samantha was killed very early on, and the ransom ploy played on for over a month. :( Luckily, an arrest and he's yet to be tried.

Here is a roughly edited (by me) transcript of what the reporter asked about the family not speaking to the media (they ask about this at every presser), and how the Chief responded.

Reporter: Would it be constructive if family were to speak?

Villasenor:
It’s their call
We passed along the request
We don’t want to force it
since we don’t really
Really know all suspect information

That’s something that is really going to be their decision on when or if they do it

That is it in a nutshell. The actual question and response can be found at about 4:20 on the tape here
Briefing @ 4 pm Apr. 24
well then....hmmm:waitasec: eta: maybe they are waiting on the BSU to do a "profile" or guide the parents in how to address the type of perp they think it may be?

(geez that sounded ridiculous even as I thought it in my head to type it)

I'm intrigued (and very worried) by this, too.

A couple others here thought this was very unusual in similar cases.

And then the posts about border issues and corrupt Mexican towns just across the border made me think there is a connection. Maybe not.

Be careful (I know you will). :hug: And thank you for your local info and insight.

I cant rule out some Cartel connection but I can tell you that the perception of a bunch of drug dealing Mexican cartel folks running around Tucson isnt an accurate one, I have been here all my life and I have never heard of any cartel violence in Tucson, much more in Phoenix which is 100 miles away, even though Tucson is much closer to the border (about a 45 minute drive). I would have to look in to what the parents do etc to determine if there might be some sort of connection to drugs, drug debt or Cartels but at this point that would be a big surprise as like I said I have never heard of anything like that here at all. Tucson is largely a very liberal artsy type community with a very big Jewish population and obviously a lot of Hispanics but my experience with them is that they are generally very good people, we have our crime problems but I have never had any second thoughts about letting my kids play outside nor am I obsessed with locking my house up.

Also we have SWAMP COOLING here not air conditioning and when you run swamp coolers you have to leave a WINDOW CRACKED in each room to drive out the hot air, this is very common here so I could see why they might have a window open, this time of year everyone has their windows open at night.

I would like to know how the screens are secured in the window as some of the screens have a piece of metal with a screw at certain points to secure the screen or other ways of locking them.

Wasnt this home built in the mid or late 90s?

It would be interesting to know how the screen locks work. Although they may have been the type that just has the tabs that one holds onto when lifting the screen out of the window.

I dont think it would be that hard to pry the screen up.

Look how many people break into homes nowadays and they usually climb through a window they find unlocked and they break into new and older homes.

So it must not be too hard to get screens off.

Makes me wonder if this perp has burglary in his history or maybe he has a construction background.

IMO

I cant rule out some Cartel connection but I can tell you that the perception of a bunch of drug dealing Mexican cartel folks running around Tucson isnt an accurate one, I have been here all my life and I have never heard of any cartel violence in Tucson, much more in Phoenix which is 100 miles away, even though Tucson is much closer to the border (about a 45 minute drive). I would have to look in to what the parents do etc to determine if there might be some sort of connection to drugs, drug debt or Cartels but at this point that would be a big surprise as like I said I have never heard of anything like that here at all. Tucson is largely a very liberal artsy type community with a very big Jewish population and obviously a lot of Hispanics but my experience with them is that they are generally very good people, we have our crime problems but I have never had any second thoughts about letting my kids play outside nor am I obsessed with locking my house up.

Also we have SWAMP COOLING here not air conditioning and when you run swamp coolers you have to leave a WINDOW CRACKED in each room to drive out the hot air, this is very common here so I could see why they might have a window open, this time of year everyone has their windows open at night.

We have central air and heat in our home.

Im curious.........what is a swamp cooler? I have never heard of that before.

IMO

well then....hmmm:waitasec: eta: maybe they are waiting on the BSU to do a "profile" or guide the parents in how to address the type of perp they think it may be?

Ah now that sounds very reasonable, nurse.

Yes, I am sure if they decide to speak out the FBI BSU will help them in what they are to say and not say.

imo

Not ridiculous at all. I posted a similar thing a while back.

I dont know anything about the area but I did read tonight that their home cost 289K and is over 2,000 s.f. Now I dont know if that is a good price or not but here in Georgia a home for that amount of money would be very nice and probably have over 3,000 sf.. with a lot of upgrades and on 1-2 acre lot.

I also noticed though the lot they live on is only 1/4 of an acre. LOL! I could never live on a piece of property that small but I guess a lot do that in that area.

IMO

Thought I would clear up one more thing...yes, it looks like the current valuation of their home is 289K..but the price they paid for it in 2006 according to the Assessor's web site is 435K....that has happened to virtually everyone in Arizona who bought a home in the 2005-7 years. So...the vast majority of us are "underwater" in our mortgages compared to what we could sell for....yesterday someone else linked to a public records website that showed the home up on the foreclosure auction block last year or 2010...plus they had another home in their name in the Rita Ranch area that looks like they either sold or lost back to the bank. They do not own the Rita Ranch property anymore, but they somehow fixed the issues with the 12th st. home.

Again..this all may have nothing to do with the baby missing...I'm just trying to keep correct info out there....
Assessor's web site: http://www.asr.co.pima.az.us/links/frm_Parcel.aspx?parcel=128030990&taxyear=2013

IMO

It runs air through water to cool it. I never found them that effective.

It could be a Cairn Terrier which is a small breed averaging about 14 pounds or so.

Awww what a cutie pie.

We have a malti-poo and a malti-shi and they are adorable.

The malti poo weighs about 18 pounds and the malti-shi weighs about 10 pounds.

The poo can be very aggressive to strangers while our shi may love them to death but that is the only way he could harm anyone. :)

imo

IMO

Since Arizona is a VERY DRY HEAT we have what is called swamp or EVAPORATIVE COOLING, it is extremely cheap to run since we have to run it all the time here it doesnt run your bills up, it basically creates moisture in the air since it is so dry here put a little humidity in your house while cooling you off at the same time you can read the technicals here, VERY FEW people here in Arizona have Air Conditioning, in the desert evaporative cooling is the only way to go.

I have an AC unit for when it rains or gets humid here which is rare but I dont use it much at all.

Again I am STILL VERY INTERESTED in why the Police feel they need to provide SECURITY for this family, this is a CLUE.

Evaporative cooler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It runs air through water to cool it. I never found them that effective.

My house never goes above 72 degrees with our swamp cooler on, I am surprised they dont work for you, are you in Arizona? They will NOT work anywhere where they is HUMIDTY has to be a very dry environment.

Awww what a cutie pie.

We have a malti-poo and a malti-shi and they are adorable.

The malti poo weighs about 18 pounds and the malti-shi weighs about 10 pounds.

The poo can be very aggressive to strangers while our shi may love them to death but that is the only way he could harm anyone. :)

imo

We all know what breed I have as he shows up in every post. He will bark at any stranger passing by, but never the neighbors walking by.

Thought I would clear up one more thing...yes, it looks like the current valuation of their home is 289K..but the price they paid for it in 2006 according to the Assessor's web site is 435K....that has happened to virtually everyone in Arizona who bought a home in the 2005-7 years. So...the vast majority of us are "underwater" in our mortgages compared to what we could sell for....yesterday someone else linked to a public records website that showed the home up on the foreclosure auction block last year or 2010...plus they had another home in their name in the Rita Ranch area that looks like they either sold or lost back to the bank. They do not own the Rita Ranch property anymore, but they somehow fixed the issues with the 12th st. home.

Again..this all may have nothing to do with the baby missing...I'm just trying to keep correct info out there....
Assessor's web site: http://www.asr.co.pima.az.us/links/frm_Parcel.aspx?parcel=128030990&taxyear=2013

Oh thank you for clearing that up for me. I was under the impression that they were the ones who bought the foreclosed home on Rita Ranch.

We have been so fortunate in our area. Our home values have continued to rise although it slowed down in the past three years but home sales and new businesses are going up everyday in the county where we live.

We all know what breed I have as he shows up in every post. He will bark at any stranger passing by, but never the neighbors walking by.

and talks to us during the shows you post to your channel (and I wave and blow him kisses every time!!! Hi Mischa!!!!!:seeya:)

and THANK YOU PattyG for all the tireless work you do uploading all those shows and episodes so peeps can watch them.:rocker:

That doesnt alarm me in the least. In fact what is highly unusual is to do what LE did in the Sierra Lamar case and come out and name names and rule them out as having any involvement in her disappearance even though she has not been found.
imo

I'm only pointing out that LE hasn't eliminated the parents/family as suspects because the sentiment here seems to be that the parents/family are not likely responsible. I don't happen to agree. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak