AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not familiar with that maneuver (or am I? maybe I call it something else)...do tell... :D

It's how boxers essentially wiggle their bodies into a kidney bean shape (a "U" formation...showing their behind towards the person) crazy clowns

I could use some clothes detergent?
thanks!

Lol no it is a thrift "department" store. Several of them here...one of which is across from the mall near the home.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

WSers (and other sleuths) need an invisible tattoo that can be scanned or viewed under a black lite. LOL. ;)

Good point.
Us Sleuthers probably seem hinky to the rest of the population due to our inquisitiveness, doggedness, and hutzpah!:floorlaugh:

:notgood:
Worst. Case. Ever. Just awful. But the perp hid in the woods for days, IIRC and spied on the family. Then he went in, killed the parents and older brother, absconding with Dylan and Shasta. And it only got worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank YOU for putting the Groene case in words that cannot ever be expressed. That case still haunts me, I couldn't even read about it too much. That family has really suffered.

The Groene case reminds us that there is evil among us :shudder:

I have never heard of this before and I am an attorney of the criminal defense variety and I have never heard of a missing child case like his one where the family gets police protecting, there is no big media or gawker presense here to protect them from like Casey Anthony for example so I have to assume this is related to some sort of threat that they feel the family needs protection from and that in itself might tell us something.

You just jogged my memory. In Holly Bobo's case, they had a 24/7 police guard at the end of their driveway for several weeks after Holly was kidnapped.

Kyron Horman's family had a police liaison stay with them for a few weeks following his disappearance. I don't think it's too unusual. There's always gonna be the weirdo who thinks it's okay to knock on their door and offer help. I'm glad there will be a cruiser parked outside.

Then again Kyron's stepmom was the unnamed prime suspect. :waitasec:

That is a good point, I forgot about the LEO staying there for a while...so it is not without precedent.

Yes, well I have the Group 2 winner, lol, the Affenpinscher. His little 9 pound self snores so loud that the other two dogs barking sometimes isn't even enough to wake him.
My dogs sleep very soundly, and generally rely on me to be their watchdog lol.

Can someone post a link to the photo of Isa with the dog? Thx

Here is the picture.

Attachments

• Isabel and dog.JPG
    Isabel and dog.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 37
You just jogged my memory. In Holly Bobo's case, they had a 24/7 police guard at the end of their driveway for several weeks after Holly was kidnapped.
Yea I remember that, it does happen but it is unusual and it certainly means there is some sort of threat the police are worried about.

Kyron Horman's family had a police liaison stay with them for a few weeks following his disappearance. I don't think it's too unusual. There's always gonna be the weirdo who thinks it's okay to knock on their door and offer help. I'm glad there will be a cruiser parked outside.

Then again Kyron's stepmom was the unnamed prime suspect. :waitasec:

I am glad you remembered which case involved protection because I was racking my brain to think which one it was

I am sure there have been other families that have had protection too and the police decided not to come out and mention it.

imo

So did Diena Thompson, Somer's mom.

It could be just to keep gawkers and other weirdos away maybe I am reading too much in to it but I dont recall hearing about security like that in many other cases but it does happen sure.

I would think it is probably more common than we may think in cases where families have had their child stolen from them.

IMO

Watched Vinnie's coverage on HLN. Don't know why I still watch him. I used to love him but he's been getting on my nerves lately.

Anyway, he was obsessed with the dogs not barking and he thought it was interesting and of course, Mike Brooks chimed in with the Lisa Irwin case and the neighbours dogs barking at him and Jim Spellman when they were there but stopped after they got to know them.

Sunny Austin put in her :twocents: worth and said she can't understand anyone going into a house, snatching a child without anyone hearing them.

Did these folks forget Jessica Lunsford case and even Elizabeth Smart? Yes, Elizabeth's sister witnessed it but do they not realize that if she didn't, it would also be like this case?

OK enough of my rant but what I did find very disturbing (and I'll take the reporting with a grain of salt), was Natisha (NG's producer) said when LE was asked if Isabel was at school on Friday, they didn't want to comment. She also said they called the school and the school refused to comment. Furthermore, family members apparently would not confirm who and when the last person to see Isabel (outside family).

When was the last time Isabel was seen by anyone besides her family? TIA

That IS disturbing! we don't know, and they don't want to tell, who the last person to see Isa! Not even school!

Since Arizona is a VERY DRY HEAT we have what is called swamp or EVAPORATIVE COOLING, it is extremely cheap to run since we have to run it all the time here it doesnt run your bills up, it basically creates moisture in the air since it is so dry here put a little humidity in your house while cooling you off at the same time you can read the technicals here, VERY FEW people here in Arizona have Air Conditioning, in the desert evaporative cooling is the only way to go.

I have an AC unit for when it rains or gets humid here which is rare but I dont use it much at all.

Again I am STILL VERY INTERESTED in why the Police feel they need to provide SECURITY for this family, this is a CLUE.

Evaporative cooler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think this may just be a reflection of your friends and family. I lived in Phoenix for 3 years and never went to a home that didn't have A/C and used a swamp cooler instead. I read earlier the house in this case had AC only.

I personally hate them. You feel like you are in a swamp. Sure, it's cool, but it's a damp wet cool. And the desert isn't that "dry" in the summer. Phoenix at least can get pretty humid in July and August.

Thought I would clear up one more thing...yes, it looks like the current valuation of their home is 289K..but the price they paid for it in 2006 according to the Assessor's web site is 435K....that has happened to virtually everyone in Arizona who bought a home in the 2005-7 years. So...the vast majority of us are "underwater" in our mortgages compared to what we could sell for....yesterday someone else linked to a public records website that showed the home up on the foreclosure auction block last year or 2010...plus they had another home in their name in the Rita Ranch area that looks like they either sold or lost back to the bank. They do not own the Rita Ranch property anymore, but they somehow fixed the issues with the 12th st. home.

Again..this all may have nothing to do with the baby missing...I'm just trying to keep correct info out there....
Assessor's web site: http://www.asr.co.pima.az.us/links/frm_Parcel.aspx?parcel=128030990&taxyear=2013

Ok playing catch up and this info stood *WAY* out there for me. They purchased a home as a growing family for almost 1/2 million dollars??? Im a nurse and my dh makes very good money in management position but not enough to buy a home that kinda price! Obviously with the threatened forclosures they were struggling but seriously?? Does a dental hygenist and nurse in AZ really make that kinda money?? And Isa went to a charter school. I know around here those are private schools were parents pay a great deal in tuition. Is it the same there? Does this info make anyone else wonder if there was some other income or monies coming from somewhere?? I still feel its a stanger abduction but this just made me wonder some things.

Here is a roughly edited (by me) transcript of what the reporter asked about the family not speaking to the media (they ask about this at every presser), and how the Chief responded.

Reporter: Would it be constructive if family were to speak?

Villasenor:
It’s their call
We passed along the request
We don’t want to force it
since we don’t really
Really know all suspect information
That’s something that is really going to be their decision on when or if they do it

That is it in a nutshell. The actual question and response can be found at about 4:20 on the tape here
Briefing @ 4 pm Apr. 24

Thanks Prof! I wonder if that means that they don't really have a profile, so don't want to force it right now? Perhaps if they had a suspect profile, then it would impact when the family spoke and what they would say. But what do I know...

well then....hmmm:waitasec: eta: maybe they are waiting on the BSU to do a "profile" or guide the parents in how to address the type of perp they think it may be?

(geez that sounded ridiculous even as I thought it in my head to type it)

I was thinking that might be what he meant, too.

*snipped*

Also we have SWAMP COOLING here not air conditioning and when you run swamp coolers you have to leave a WINDOW CRACKED in each room to drive out the hot air, this is very common here so I could see why they might have a window open, this time of year everyone has their windows open at night.

Paximus, I have air conditioning! I've lived in three different places in Tucson and I've never seen a swamp cooler. However, I agree that lots of people keep their windows open at night. (There is another local who will argue with us, that no one does.) We're a diverse group in Tucson. Just like we are at websleuths! ;)

I think this may just be a reflection of your friends and family. I lived in Phoenix for 3 years and never went to a home that didn't have A/C and used a swamp cooler instead. I read earlier the house in this case had AC only.

I personally hate them. You feel like you are in a swamp. Sure, it's cool, but it's a damp wet cool. And the desert isn't that "dry" in the summer. Phoenix at least can get pretty humid in July and August.

Yea it is a matter of preference, I have both swamp and AC and I rarely feel the need for the AC but that is just me. I can understand why some prefer the AC I rather enjoy the bit of humidity that the swamp creates as my sinuses get too dry without it and just using the AC.

In the foothills where I live most homes have both installed when built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member