AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know anything about the area but I did read tonight that their home cost 289K and is over 2,000 s.f. Now I dont know if that is a good price or not but here in Georgia a home for that amount of money would be very nice and probably have over 3,000 sf.. with a lot of upgrades and on 1-2 acre lot.

I also noticed though the lot they live on is only 1/4 of an acre. LOL! I could never live on a piece of property that small but I guess a lot do that in that area.

IMO

And the area appears it could be mixed residential/commercial. Not my idea of a good thing.

I can't help thinking it had to be someone who knew where she slept at night, someone who had been in the home on some kind of regular basis. It can't be just luck that he chose the right window. It is a stretch to me to imagine the man in the trees with binoculars...although, yes, I know, such a thing has been done before. It just seems unlikely in this closely-packed neighborhood, IMO...

I can't help thinking it had to be someone who knew where she slept at night, someone who had been in the home on some kind of regular basis. It can't be just luck that he chose the right window. It is a stretch to me to imagine the man in the trees with binoculars...although, yes, I know, such a thing has been done before. It just seems unlikely in this closely-packed neighborhood, IMO...
Right. I was thinking 2nd story window watcher or someone that had been in the house before. JMO

Has LE been able to get inside area homes/busineese to determine if any had a clear view of her bedroom, I wonder...

Has LE been able to get inside area homes/busineese to determine if any had a clear view of her bedroom, I wonder...

LE has a big presence in that business complex. While I was in the Office Max, a handful of officers (at various times) came in through the store, into the back store room, non-chalently, as if they had a meeting room or something back there. I'm sure they've had access to whatever they want from the businesses, at least.

In the 4:00 update, Villaseñor said they have collected forensic evidence. He did not expound on what was collected, nor when they expected results.

What do you think they turned into the lab?

LE has a big presence in that business complex. While I was in the Office Max, a handful of officers (at various times) came in through the store, into the back store room, non-chalently, as if they had a meeting room or something back there. I'm sure they've had access to whatever they want from the businesses, at least.

Did you happen to notice any windows lined up with the back of their house, lol...

I just do not have a good feeling about LE being on any kind of specific track here...and it seems to me, when LE can't rule out some scenarios, the cases tend to stall...JMO

I've been reading along the past few days. I haven't read the entire thread but so hope they find this little sweetie. I am so tired of kids going missing in this world.

I've not formed an opinion on who might have done this, but I sure hope that this person is caught fast and an alive Isabel is found!

Did you happen to notice any windows lined up with the back of their house, lol...

I just do not have a good feeling about LE being on any kind of specific track here...and it seems to me, when LE can't rule out some scenarios, the cases tend to stall...JMO

Cluciano, I couldn't get close enough to tell. Seriously, between the 5-10 satellite trucks and smaller media trucks and vehicles, and the police vehicles & press tent, you couldn't glimpse it. The back of the stores was also cordoned off by crime scene tape, with at least one officer (and more patrol cars) blocking the way around the building.

If someone was smoking a cigarette in rear of the stores, can they see her home?

So many children are missing and it seems its more and more children every day.

:praying:

For abduction scenario, my personal theory is that this was a premeditated abduction and the family was watched over a period of time from out back of the Office Max store...To me that is a prime spot for, "observing" that house. If they got to know the patterns of the family and when they left for school/work, they could easily mosey on over to look in the windows. Or, it could be that Isa had pink curtains, and the perp knows she is the only girl in the family, therefore the logical bedroom for her. I don't think it would be that hard to figure out if you wanted to know. But since we know very little about any of this...

What makes me think more about it being someone acquainted with the family is that it has not been reported that anyone heard anything. Therefore, Isa did not cry out or make a sound when taken. At the same time, for all we know, the boys or parents did hear something that at the time they ignored...maybe thinking one or other of the family member got up to get water or go potty. :twocents:

Did someone post a photo of the back of the house here someplace? Or was that just on NG?

I think this may just be a reflection of your friends and family. I lived in Phoenix for 3 years and never went to a home that didn't have A/C and used a swamp cooler instead. I read earlier the house in this case had AC only.

I personally hate them. You feel like you are in a swamp. Sure, it's cool, but it's a damp wet cool. And the desert isn't that "dry" in the summer. Phoenix at least can get pretty humid in July and August.

Count me in as a former Tucsonan that hates swamp coolers. However, I think they're far more common in Tucson than Phoenix.

Ok playing catch up and this info stood *WAY* out there for me. They purchased a home as a growing family for almost 1/2 million dollars??? Im a nurse and my dh makes very good money in management position but not enough to buy a home that kinda price! Obviously with the threatened forclosures they were struggling but seriously?? Does a dental hygenist and nurse in AZ really make that kinda money?? And Isa went to a charter school. I know around here those are private schools were parents pay a great deal in tuition. Is it the same there? Does this info make anyone else wonder if there was some other income or monies coming from somewhere?? I still feel its a stanger abduction but this just made me wonder some things.

Am I wrong in thinking the charter school is actually one of the really good schools in Tucson as well? And, on top of being free, it's a fantastic option? Or am I mixing it up with one of the other charters with academy in the name?

Having terrible flashbacks to pink curtains in Zahra's room.....not that I think the parents had anything to do with this, just the remembrance of such a pretty image in an unimaginable nightmare.

Please let LE find her safe, and soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is supposed to be another briefing at 8 -- 5 minutes.

Having terrible flashbacks to pink curtains in Zahra's room.....not that I think the parents had anything to do with this, just the remembrance of such a pretty image in an unimaginable nightmare.

Please let LE find her safe, and soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean. This case is making me think of little Daniel VanDamme. I wonder how many similarities in the two cases, i.e. suspect is a neighbor, or someone very close to the neighborhood watching, waiting... just as others here have mentioned.

jmo

Madilu said:
It's how boxers essentially wiggle their bodies into a kidney bean shape (a "U" formation...showing their behind towards the person) crazy clowns
Well no wonder I didn't know...I've only had a 1/2-Boxer...altho he tried the kidney bean (seriously, while standing) but alas, it was only a pinto bean. :sigh: ;)

IHAVENOCLUE said:
Good point.
Us Sleuthers probably seem hinky to the rest of the population due to our inquisitiveness, doggedness, and hutzpah!:floorlaugh:
And our computer searchs, if anyone dared to look. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member