AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paximus, I have air conditioning! I've lived in three different places in Tucson and I've never seen a swamp cooler. However, I agree that lots of people keep their windows open at night. (There is another local who will argue with us, that no one does.) We're a diverse group in Tucson. Just like we are at websleuths! Welcome!

That much is true a lot of diversity here.

Ok playing catch up and this info stood *WAY* out there for me. They purchased a home as a growing family for almost 1/2 million dollars??? Im a nurse and my dh makes very good money in management position but not enough to buy a home that kinda price! Obviously with the threatened forclosures they were struggling but seriously?? Does a dental hygenist and nurse in AZ really make that kinda money?? And Isa went to a charter school. I know around here those are private schools were parents pay a great deal in tuition. Is it the same there? Does this info make anyone else wonder if there was some other income or monies coming from somewhere?? I still feel its a stanger abduction but this just made me wonder some things.

This was pretty common in AZ and CA during the time they purchased the house (half million dollar properties being sold to families making less than $100k combined). Furthermore, a lot of people bought them with ARMs or interest only loans. As a result, many foreclosures now.

Yea I remember that, it does happen but it is unusual and it certainly means there is some sort of threat the police are worried about.

Or taking precautions, or watching the interactions of the family...who knows.

Last night Nancy showed photos with red circles around windows but the windows were for the garage.

The cars were parked out front.
maybe the family built the garage into a bedroom so the girl could have her own room?
Just a thought.

Just got home and getting caught up on what's happened today. I was so so so sad to see the headline police wrapping up intensive search.
In all the other cases I have followed, this either ended up meaning, "We know who did it." or the case went cold.
AAAAh! My heart is aching, the cops total hush hush tells me this was not a stranger abduction. I was so strongly hoping and rooting for this girl to be alive. But now I am wondering if she even left the home alive.

are we due for another briefing now?

Had I known about the prayer gathering I would have headed down but it started a half hour ago and I am about a 35 minute drive from that park, could have filled yall in on that!

Ok playing catch up and this info stood *WAY* out there for me. They purchased a home as a growing family for almost 1/2 million dollars??? Im a nurse and my dh makes very good money in management position but not enough to buy a home that kinda price! Obviously with the threatened forclosures they were struggling but seriously?? Does a dental hygenist and nurse in AZ really make that kinda money?? And Isa went to a charter school. I know around here those are private schools were parents pay a great deal in tuition. Is it the same there? Does this info make anyone else wonder if there was some other income or monies coming from somewhere?? I still feel its a stanger abduction but this just made me wonder some things.

The Charter schools in AZ are free...I was more curious as to why a deeply Catholic family wasn't attending the Catholic school that is literally in their back yard..since they are members of the congregation. That school does cost money, unless you get a scholarship, but still...something that caught my eye.

In AZ the charter schools are free.

My dog understands Swedish, FTR.

RE: The 4pm presser: Did anyone catch what was said when asked by a reporter if they thought it could be constructive for the family to speak to the media? It was a VERY strange response by the officer, IMO. He did say something to the effect that it was their call, up to them...and the weird part was something about a suspect...as if he started to say something, then stopped and again repeated that it was the family's call. If anyone else caught that, do tel

Ja?
is he a Swedish Fur-ball? :smile:

I actually just found out about this case about 2 hours ago, I have been out of town the last 13 days and just got back this evening and saw this n Nancy Grace so I am catching up a bit as well.

I think, IMHO, in any case with this much media coverage there is always the need to have LE present to keep the media in check, and protect the family from excessive intrusions. Unfortunately I don't think it is as common to do this as it should be, but the TPD has been truly remarkable throughout this investigation so it doesn't surprise me. So this may be just a simple courtesy, and not a real clue of anything at all.

As for the white dog picture, looks like an adolescent Wirehair fox terrier to me, maybe a mix. But definitely a terrier type... They do tend to be alert and active types...

The Charter schools in AZ are free...I was more curious as to why a deeply Catholic family wasn't attending the Catholic school that is literally in their back yard..since they are members of the congregation. That school does cost money, unless you get a scholarship, but still...something that caught my eye.

Probably because they're paying their half million dollar mortgage they can't afford tuition for 3 kids. And since they're so upside down on the house, they would be unable to sell it. That must be quite a large expense for an average family.

Police Chief Roberto Villasenor said Tuesday that law enforcement expect to wrap up their intensive search for Isabel Mercedes Celis by morning.

Villasenor says more than 20 officers will work throughout the night in the neighborhood surrounding the girl's home.

That's a sharp reduction from the 150 officers from various agencies who first took part in the search.

Villasenor says the drop in personnel doesn't mean authorities have given up hope of finding Isabel alive. He says police are shifting from searching to an investigative phase.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/investigative/Tucson-Missing-Girl-4-24-2012

Yes, St Josephs is right there a block or two from their house but they maybe couldnt afford that or they dont give enough to the Church to get a slot, seats at that school are not easy to come by.

Well even though it's looking dismal, there is ALWAYS hope. I am holding this family in my heart. I cannot imagine her poor parents' grief and despair. I truly feel they are not involved with this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove