AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This site has wayyyyyyyy more traffic than a youth association site. And in a way posting what teams her brothers play on is sleuthing a minor. If my daughter had vanished and then I found peeps posting my sons info....I would be upset. That's jmo....others may be ok with it.

Well the website anyone can google , says her brothers team was playing after the vigil, it is on interviews/news sites, facebook everywhere. I don't see how that is sleuthing really. Anyone at the vigil could see what team was playing after the vigil, they went and played on the field where we tied the ribbons to the fence.

Aren't the game schedules being found online?
What would be the difference if the info is found here or where it is being retrieved from currently? Just asking...either way it is online and not password protected, right?

The game times and fields are public. I think a password is needed to view the rosters though (which is great). Still, we're connecting these kids with a date, place, and time. Who knows what kids from any of those teams will show up in the news with their parents or in a vigil video.

Anyway as to keep from offending anyone, I deleted the future game time and date, even though it is public knowledge the same teams basically keep the same schedule locations for the smaller kids.

She went missing after the ball game on the night of the 20th, morning of the 21st. It was after the game on the 20th.

You're right - I just got confused because originally people were talking about how they couldn't believe she was up so late that night. So my mind automatically went to - it must have been a school night. A 6 yo being up until 11 on a Friday night is not a big deal in my book, especially if she was coming from a late ball game since kids tend to get riled up at those things.

Maybe I should stop posting today since I seem to be getting everything confused! Blame it on the pregnancy...

Thanks to everyone who posted during the briefing. I took a phone call and then left to get my allergy shot and wasn't here for the live "transcript".

Thoughts and prayers for the Celis family. Where is Isabel?

Wish we could hear the initial 911 call.

Anyway as to keep from offending anyone, I deleted the future game time and date, even though it is public knowledge the same teams basically keep the same schedule locations for the smaller kids.

I adjusted my post quoting yours. :)

*Snipped*
Thanks so her game was at 9 am on Saturday which makes sense if dad went to wake her at 8.

How close/far is the home to the park? Is it walking distance?

No, it's not in walking distance. (I mean, conceivably, you could walk there, but it's several miles straight south on Craycroft.) It's a quick, less than 5 minute drive.

You're right - I just got confused because originally people were talking about how they couldn't believe she was up so late that night. So my mind automatically went to - it must have been a school night. A 6 yo being up until 11 on a Friday night is not a big deal in my book, especially if she was coming from a late ball game since kids tend to get riled up at those things.

Maybe I should stop posting today since I seem to be getting everything confused! Blame it on the pregnancy...

If you can blame it on the pregnancy, what the heck excuse will I use? lol

Yeah you could walk there but with 2 or 3 kids going with you, baseball equipment, stuff of that sort, I don't see a family walking there, it isn't that close.

If LE is NOT suspecting the family, they are not doing them any favors, that is for sure, IMO...their choice of words, the questions they won't answer, etc...are surely not inspiring me to think they are seeking a totally random abductor...JMO

I just watched this interview (nancy did a great job with the questions imhoo)

This neighbor says that no one walks in that area but her.. wow.. I truly think she heard whatever happened to Isabel.. I wish Nancy would have asked if she heard any other noises besides the voices: re: gravel crunching (would indicate walking, etc)

Also: I wonder if the meter is on that side of the house? would the meter reader have been out that morning?

eta: further thought: what are the chances of other people talking by Isabel's window in the same time frame that she goes missing in an area that the neighbor says no one walks but her?

As I understand it, she lives in the neighbor's guest house. She is not the homeowner. I would like to know how long she has been there. If it is a couple weeks, she really isn't in a position to say she is the ONLY one who walks there. If she has been there a couple of YEARS, it would be more meaningful.

If your team is considered the home team here in Tucson(at all of the Little League fields I know of) you set out the bases, rake the grass, chalk the lines etc. before the game and pick it up and put it all away and clean up any trash
after the game. Majors almost always have night games and they take forever if you are the home team coaches.No groundskeepers.

Lou

I am behind in the reading... so this might fall in an awkward spot...

Maybe the parents drove separate cars to the game on Friday. Mom went home earlier to go to bed to get up early.

Dad stayed behind to "clean up" the fields, etc.

They may have each thought the other brought Isa home.

"I thought YOU brought her home!" "No, I thought YOU brought her home!" kind of thing.

Just a thought.

As I understand it, she lives in the neighbor's guest house. She is not the homeowner. I would like to know how long she has been there. If it is a couple weeks, she really isn't in a position to say she is the ONLY one who walks there. If she has been there a couple of YEARS, it would be more meaningful.

It looks like an odd setup, like the guest house is attached to the house. It looks more like an apartment in the house to me.

I believe the ear witness said she had been there for almost 6 months. That would put her at the guest house in October. Also, as an aside, I did NOT hear my garbage truck (picking up the recyclables) yesterday. I was at home, and awake, with windows open. They aren't as loud as I recall them being as a kid AND a lot of cans are plastic now, not the metal kind that we had.

The four parks that were searched all have lakes in them. Is this just a coincidence?
Do a lot of parks there have lakes?

Is there a play ground at the baseball field? If there is, I wonder if Isa went and played over at the play ground while the game was going on. Someone might have been watching her from a distance, followed the family home and waited for the right time to go get Isabel.

I was thinking the same thing. When my son played sports his little sister usually had other little friends from that team and sometimes the parents took turns watching the 'little siblings group' at the swings or the concession area while the game dragged on.

Since that was a night game, the kids probably stayed pretty close to the stands. But there is usually a group of younger siblings that like to hang out together during the games. I would hope LE has looked into who she was hanging with, because there may have been a predator watching that group of little girls.

It looks like an odd setup, like the guest house is attached to the house. It looks more like an apartment in the house to me.

I believe she said that it is her mother's house and she lives in the guest house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member