AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Sierra's case, LE is talking about staying within a 20-mile radius to search, and here, we hear 3 miles...why the difference? Due to city vs. country?

Going from my fallible memory here but I thought I had it mapped as less than ten minutes away by vehicle...
Will grab links and screenies, bbs.

The base of the Catalina mountain range is about 10 minutes from their house, then about a 20-30 minute drive up and you get to the top where there is a ski lodge etc. That is the nice thing about Tucson, you can be in the desert and a few minutes later go up the mountain and be in thick pine forest and and even go skiing during a good winter.

One of the girls I watch looks very much like Isa. Each time I see the school pic of Isa I have to do a double take. Same hair style.

They are quite expensive but anyone can purchase them. I know it may seem silly to take a missing girl to a nationally televised game but you never know and I had to put it out there because she looked just like Isa.

You did good to call in the tip. I know the picture can't be posted here but I saw it and I agree she looks just like her.

You just never know.....

Haven't had a chance to read all the posts I missed over the weekend (my goodness 8 threads), but just wanted to chime in and say I cannot believe this beautiful little girl hasn't been found yet! I too think it is time for the parents to speak out, they need to do whatever it takes to keep the focus on Isabel!

My gut continues to tell me that the parents/family are not involved. IMO the person that abducted Isabel is someone who was around the family (neighbor, softball field, factory worker, coworker, etc.), who had enough knowledge of where Isabel's home/bedroom was, but didn't raise suspicion because they "belonged" in the area. On the other hand, maybe a complete stranger saw her from her bedroom window and decided to abduct her only hours before? This would certainly explain not being afraid of the dogs - maybe this person didn't know the dogs existed!

I wish the police would offer more information. I would like to know if the dogs barked. I want to read the fathers statement!

Please come home safe today Isabel - I am praying for you! (((heart is broken))

I don't understand the suspicion towards the uncle. Even if he was involved in some shady business, why would they want to harm his niece? It doesn't make any sense to me.

The other thing I don't get is LE releasing the surveillance video of the 5 individuals and asking the 5 to come forward. My understanding was to ask them about the 6th. person in the video. Why would they not go out in public asking the 6th. person to identify themself like they did for the 5. Am I missing something? :waitasec:

One last point I wanted to make was regarding a child being snatched from their bedroom versus off the street. I would love to know how a criminal profiler would characterize such an individual. What makes a perp so brazen to risk going inside the home versus snatching the child at a playground or outside their home, etc? I am going to venture to guess that perhaps the perp does not have a vehicle (??)

Thoughts?

What if they are being so quiet about the 6th person because it is an undercover cop? Just an idea! MOO

One of the girls I watch looks very much like Isa. Each time I see the school pic of Isa I have to do a double take. Same hair style.

Here in Indiana too... My little one had a sleepover Friday and when I picked her up on Saturday one of her sleepover friends looked just like Isa too. I had a hard time letting my little one go to the sleepover with this abduction on my mind... My goodness, soon its going to be unsafe to let our kids do kid things - sad world we live in, imo!

What if they are being so quiet about the 6th person because it is an undercover cop? Just an idea! MOO

The video was taken the night Isabel went missing. Why would they put an undercover cop before it was known she was missing? Or are you saying it's related to some other crime?

That is precisely why they are staying out of the way and letting TPD and the FBI do its job. The focus should be on the little girl and not the parents unless there is evidence to suggest their involvement and I havent seen any yet.

This story isn't front page news anymore. If that's their plan, they're failing. If they went on Good Morning America or the Today Show, did an interview with People magazine, so many more people would be aware of Isabel. But they're not. With all due respect to the TPD and FBI, it's been over a week and them doing their job so far hasn't brought her home. The next best thing is to go to the media, go to the public, and ask for their help. A spokesperson for the TPD is going to get much less of a reach than a missing child's parents. And sure, people will be watching to see if they look guilty. They'll be picking them apart. But they'll know about Isabel.

I personally do not comprehend this business of "the focus staying on Isabel and not the parents". That doesn't make sense. They are the parents of a missing child! They should be in focus, they should be on TV pleading for tips. In the absence of Isabel they ARE Isabel. They're the only ones who can show up on talk shows begging for help. They need to be getting her name, her picture out there. They are not doing that and I do believe it's a detriment to Isabel. Isabel can't do those things. They need to do them FOR her.

I'm not sure why it's presented as an "instead of" situation- it's not focusing on them instead of Isabel. It's them telling us to look for Isabel. Give the public a little more credit. They can gossip about the parents but still if they notice a little girl on the street, call the police. That's ultimately what you want. If it means criticism along with tips then by all means, do it. It is not "instead of". It's certainly unfortunate that the gossip will come with the public help but that's something they should be willing to deal with. It's not parents instead of Isabel, it's parents AND Isabel. Which is worth it if it brings her home.

And again. I'm not saying their reluctance reads as guilty to me. I just think it's very, very unfortunate that they seem to believe these things instead of getting her name out there, gossip be damned.

They are quite expensive but anyone can purchase them. I know it may seem silly to take a missing girl to a nationally televised game but you never know and I had to put it out there because she looked just like Isa.

I am pretty sure LE has to follow up on every tip. So it was good that you called it in. Can't hurt.

This story isn't front page news anymore. If that's their plan, they're failing. If they went on Good Morning America or the Today Show, did an interview with People magazine, so many more people would be aware of Isabel. But they're not. With all due respect to the TPD and FBI, it's been over a week and them doing their job so far hasn't brought her home. The next best thing is to go to the media, go to the public, and ask for their help. A spokesperson for the TPD is going to get much less of a reach than a missing child's parents. And sure, people will be watching to see if they look guilty. They'll be picking them apart. But they'll know about Isabel.

I personally do not comprehend this business of "the focus staying on Isabel and not the parents". That doesn't make sense. They are the parents of a missing child! They should be in focus, they should be on TV pleading for tips. In the absence of Isabel they ARE Isabel. They're the only ones who can show up on talk shows begging for help. They need to be getting her name, her picture out there. They are not doing that and I do believe it's a detriment to Isabel. Isabel can't do those things. They need to do them FOR her.

I'm not sure why it's presented as an "instead of" situation- it's not focusing on them instead of Isabel. It's them telling us to look for Isabel. Give the public a little more credit. They can gossip about the parents but still if they notice a little girl on the street, call the police. That's ultimately what you want. If it means criticism along with tips then by all means, do it. It is not "instead of". It's certainly unfortunate that the gossip will come with the public help but that's something they should be willing to deal with. It's not parents instead of Isabel, it's parents AND Isabel. Which is worth it if it brings her home.

And again. I'm not saying their reluctance reads as guilty to me. I just think it's very, very unfortunate that they seem to believe these things instead of getting her name out there, gossip be damned.

I understand what you are saying but they have their reasons for doing what they do and we do not know those reasons so it is really hard to draw any conclusions accordingly. I trust their reasons are sound as they seem to be to responsible, intelligent adults and good parents, so I assume they know what they are doing and I am in no position to second guess their decisions since I do not know them.

I can't imagine being given the opportunity to appear on GMA to give exposure to the issue of my missing child and saying "no thanks, we want the focus to stay on Isabel." HUH? Makes no sense. I am so frustrated by this case - it feels like they're impeding the investigation by their behavior and lack of initiative.

What if the person who took her was obsessed with her like the guy with mental issues who claimed to have taken Jonbenet? I hope the police are questioning everybody that came in contact with this family! Not trying to be snarky, but I can name at least 5 people in my area that I think are a little "off" or "odd." Sounds a little judgemental because I know nothing about these people and maybe they have good reason to be "off" or "odd," lol, just saying that I thought the guy who claimed took Jonbenet was "off" within 2 seconds.... I know this would be very tedious, but somebody knows something - they just don't know it (if that makes sense!)

I just want to Ditto all of this! And just to add, even LE wants them to talk to the police. So obviously LE thinks it could help, or at least not hurt.

Have you followed Haileigh Cummings and Hailey Dunn cases? And of course Caylee Anthony? What a mess! It was no longer about the missing children, it was about the family drama. I think people were more interested in finding out what Billie Dunn was wearing or when Ron Cummings got a tattoo. :what:

I hope if they do decide to go to the media, it will be with a reputable news station. Perhaps start local first. :moo:

I just want to Ditto all of this! And just to add, even LE wants them to talk to the police. So obviously LE thinks it could help, or at least not hurt.

So they could watch their emotions? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. :banghead:

I understand what you are saying but they have their reasons for doing what they do and we do not know those reasons so it is really hard to draw any conclusions accordingly. I trust their reasons are sound as they seem to be to responsible, intelligent adults and good parents, so I assume they know what they are doing and I am in no position to second guess their decisions since I do not know them.

Maybe you're right. Maybe they have been contacted by abductors after they reported Isabel missing to the police. Maybe the abductor said "no more talking..."

But it sure doesn't sound that way from the things LE is saying. But, perhaps it is the case that LE is playing along pretending to "investigate" while really planning to "sting" the abductors.

Doubt it but it's possible I guess.

Bette, before this case fades away, I think you're going to see LE begin to systematically and strategically release information - all the information we seek here - as a way to keep the pressure on and tips coming in. IMO, that info will probably cast suspicion on certain family members. Probably soon after that, the family will cease talking altogether.

I read that LE is awaiting the results of detailed forensics from the FBI crime lab. That could also change everything.

I hope you're right, Lark, because I'm about ready to toss in the towel on this case. Even if NG covers the story on her show tonight, I'll be tuned in to DWTS that I missed last week. There isn't anything new to report, so NG will be re-hashing and speculating on what is known to date - and it's not much. :moo:

Have you followed Haileigh Cummings and Hailey Dunn cases? And of course Caylee Anthony? What a mess! It was no longer about the missing children, it was about the family drama. I think people were more interested in finding out what Billie Dunn was wearing or when Ron Cummings got a tattoo. :what:

I hope if they do decide to go to the media, it will be with a reputable news station. Perhaps start local first. :moo:

But people in the street knew about the children in those cases...even if they also knew about the nutty adults...

These cases really do fade away...Baby Lisa was in national news for weeks, then...gone. Same with Ayla and many others. Even Kyron-Nancy G. struggled to remember who he was, on the show the other night when someone mentioned him...

I go by Marc K.-it is up to the parents to keep child in publics' eyes and hearts-yes, it is far more uncomfortable in these days of social media and intense scrutiny, but SO WHAT? This is about the child...chances are any secrets your family may have are going to come out anyway. They really need to take advantage of the current interest and not let it fade away...

The video was taken the night Isabel went missing. Why would they put an undercover cop before it was known she was missing? Or are you saying it's related to some other crime?

I am saying another crime, I know when we lived in AZ a close friend worked undercover hours way from where he lived! LE keeps really saying nothing about the 6th person! I just kinda wonder, if it is an informant or undercover! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder