Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hardest thing for me to recognize is the reality that we can't keep our children safe even in our own homes. We put a child to bed in our home and believe that they are safe and in our care. And it continues to happen to families who take great care of their children as well as those that live different lifestyles. No one is immune. It is so tragically sad that in our society we don't have the ability to protect our children. I grieve for our future when these things continue to happen and happen with more frequency.

Poor Bella. What may have been;and what could have been; we will never know.

I won't even leave the windows open at night in my house, even when the weather is perfect for sleeping with the fresh air coming in. I'm too paranoid that someone will come in and hurt my kids and/or myself. I hate feeling paranoid but better safe than sorry.

I've been following this all day/evening but was called away just before the announcement to learn my 16 yr old daughter was hit by a car on her bike. :( She's okay, thankfully but her bike is trashed.

We were blessed and spared a tragic outcome. My heart can't even imagine what little Bella's family is feeling tonight. Parents, hug your children extra tonight and be thankful for every moment you have them.

:grouphug: Ontario Mom :grouphug:

Why do you think they have not identified the body yet? Is it because she is unidentifiable or is normal to wait for a while before identification?

They want scientific identification via DNA to confirm identity. She is probably identifiable to the extent that law enforcement knows it must be her, but to be cautious they will do DNA testing. She's been missing for a couple of days in pretty intense heat, though, so...well, I won't say any more than that.

I am in :tears: as I write this post. I stepped away to watch cartoons with my girls on this last day of summer. They had to pry me away from WebSleuths, but it was the right thing to do, of course.

I saw Bella's thread had not been relocated, so I had a glimmer of hope, despite hearing the flurry of alerts an hour ago. Sadly, my heart is on a million pieces on the floor.

Little Bella isn't coming home. Instead, she has already left this earth, to fly high with the angels, her angel wings allowing her to soar, free from pain and hopefully in peace.

:cry:

Why, why does this keep happening to our precious, innocent children? Why are they not safe and sound within their own homes? How many more cases must we sleuth together, in collective agony, before this madness stops?

I wish I had the answers. I know in my heart that this will not stop anytime soon, and it makes me sadder than anything I could ever put into words.

As I look at my own two girls, I can only shake my head and wonder. I pray I can continue to make the right choices, and keep them safe. I don't know what I would do without them.

Every child matters. Each one deserves to grow up, fulfill their potential and their destiny. Beautiful Isabella won't ever get that chance now, and my tears are for her and the countless others like her.

I am so sorry, Sweet One. You did not deserve this. You mattered to so many. I hope you know that now....

:heartluv:

Fly high....

:rose:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This !!!!

I have been following this case today and stopped early evening to plant a small palm tree. A friend called and as I talked with her I had Nancy Grace on the tv with the volume turned off. I noticed the banner across the bottom of the screen stating that a body had been found. As always I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. Doesn't matter if you are expecting the worst, it is always a shock to realize that the "worst" has arrived. I'm stunned, sick and disgusted and very angry right now. I truly hope that the savage who ended this little girl's life pays the ultimate price for what he has done.

I am still catching up, but saw this from this morning:
"The girl lived at a home in the 2400 block of Lakeside Drive with her sister, mother and a number of other individuals. Fromelt said everyone else who resided at the home is accounted for."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/investigation-missing-bullhead-city-girl-criminal-matter

That would be why "residents". Apologies if this is already here.

Who are "this number of other individuals" that live in the home. I understand they have all been accounted for, but...

They want scientific identification via DNA to confirm identity. She is probably identifiable to the extent that law enforcement knows it must be her, but to be cautious they will do DNA testing. She's been missing for a couple of days in pretty intense heat, though, so...well, I won't say any more than that.

Sadly I am not sure she would be at this point.......visual ID... that is.

Heat is the number one factor that makes the body breaks down rapidly. If she was out in the extreme heat or inside an enclosed home without ac or a swamp cooler it would be like an oven in there with the extreme temps BHC has had.

Of course they already know that it is the body of a child but it seems until they have positive ID they aren't going to confirm.

IMO

Who are "this number of other individuals" that live in the home. I understand they have all been accounted for, but...

This is all I know.

From the link I just linked.

The residents of the home include Isabella's mother, stepfather and other children who are not Isabella's siblings, said police Lt. Jerry Duke. He added that Isabella's biological father is not in the area.

IMO at this point they are not answering anything else as they are close. Close to nailing the !#%!@$%! who did this.

Agree and my gut tells me it was someone living in the home.

I've been following this all day/evening but was called away just before the announcement to learn my 16 yr old daughter was hit by a car on her bike. :( She's okay, thankfully but her bike is trashed.

We were blessed and spared a tragic outcome. My heart can't even imagine what little Bella's family is feeling tonight. Parents, hug your children extra tonight and be thankful for every moment you have them.

Just wanted to give you a big hug!

(((((((Hug)))))))

So thankful she's okay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is all I know.

From the link I just linked.

The residents of the home include Isabella's mother, stepfather and other children who are not Isabella's siblings, said police Lt. Jerry Duke. He added that Isabella's biological father is not in the area.

I wonder if the "other children" are related to the stepfather, and what their ages are.

I'm wondering how similar this case might be to the Jenise Wright case. Young girl gone missing, body found relatively close to home. This smells of the perp being someone she knew, probably knew fairly well via family friend connection. I'm expecting the perp to be late-teens to mid-twenties, and probably someone family and neighbors would never have expected (nice guy, friendly but shy, etc.).

While I have been following Isabella's thread, I just couldn't bear to write earlier as I was dreading this might be the outcome. I am a retired elementary teacher and my favorite, favorite, favorite class of all time was 2nd grade. To me, they were the perfect age, old enough to be somewhat independent but yet have that precious innocence and enthusiasm that is so endearing. Isabella may have gone to bed in that little sparkly top because it could have been her brand new school top and she didn't want to take it off. :( She should be at school looking forward to giggling with friends and learning new things. She should not have had to worry about fighting off a monster!!! I don't know if this is the case or not here, but relatives need to put their child's safety first and be extremely careful about who they expose their children to. Since the search has been called off LE must be pretty sure this is little Isabelle. I am so sad this happened yet again to another sweet child.

I think the hardest thing for me to recognize is the reality that we can't keep our children safe even in our own homes. We put a child to bed in our home and believe that they are safe and in our care. And it continues to happen to families who take great care of their children as well as those that live different lifestyles. No one is immune. It is so tragically sad that in our society we don't have the ability to protect our children. I grieve for our future when these things continue to happen and happen with more frequency.

Poor Bella. What may have been;and what could have been; we will never know.

I think in 90 percent of these child abduction/murder cases, the safety of the child is the absolute last thing on anyone's mind. Anyone who should be looking out for the child is too busy being in puppy love with boyfriend number 58565 or too drunk/high to even care. IMO. JMO.

I think in 90 percent of these child abduction/murder cases, the safety of the child is the absolute last thing on anyone's mind. Anyone who should be looking out for the child is too busy being in puppy love with boyfriend number 58565 or too drunk/high to even care. IMO. JMO.

Right ~ And predators are on the prowl for kids just like that ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members