Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone *really* know what the sister said to anyone? There has been so much variance in what has been reported in this case that I tend to not believe some of it. As far as the 911 call, and given what has been reported in news articles I am sticking to my interpretation. :)

<modnsip>You mean the "befuddled" step-daddy that didn't know what Bella was wearing, her correct name, that JJR and Bella were gone when sister got out of the bathroom and notified Grandma (who was/wasn't sleeping while Mommy wailed upstairs?), called her Mom and told her that Bella and JJR were gone? And negected to tell 911 about sister's eyewitness that JJR and Bella were there, then gone.:facepalm:

When I was finally able to see the pics (could not on my phone - had to move to my laptop) - it is very poorly lit and appears to perhaps be taken through a screen? If you look very closely, you see a little person standing in front of it in a swimsuit (Bella?) Am hoping that was their intention . . . just trying to be a kind person and give them the benefit of the doubt. ('Cause if that's Bella, maybe she really loved that thing and it made her happy?)

Don't get me wrong! I completely agree that RF's reference to the expensive backyard playthings as proof of great parenting is outrageous and sickening.

P.S. I was replying to post #251 re: the pic of the expensive water slide in the obit. Clearly I have not yet mastered the 'reply to a post thingie' - sorry!

We are not hearing a lot about Bella's dreams, favorite ice cream or what she wanted to be when she grew up.....((very sad))

I do recall one of her teachers saying she had very neat handwriting and was eager to please and enjoyed learning -- that's what I am holding onto right now.....

I believe i heard her mother say she wanted to be a veterinarian when she grew up. But I haven't heard anything else about her that I recall. TG has said a lot. But nothing much about her precious daughter. :(

Curious: do we have reports of the family calling around the neighborhood? Yelling her name, knocking on doors? I think a few trips up and down the street, yelling her name, would be the first thing to do.

This question seems SO important to me - thank you for asking it, Kaydence. It was after midnight, it would have been a startled awakening - how could the entire block & surrounding area not be roused? Porch lights on, neighbors in the streets in pajamas, flashlights everywhere, dogs barking due to people walking around yelling for Bella? Did they not even make any attempt? Usually people are coming out of the woodwork wanting to tell the media what happened . . . Why is there no info on this?

http://kdminer.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=46223&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=797&S=1

a heinous case of young couple responsible for sexual abuse and murder of infant in Bullhead City -- state dropped death penalty for perp

"Matthew, 6 weeks, was taken to the hospital by his mother, Staci Barbosa, 19. He suffered from bruises, broken ribs, a broken femur, and was malnourished and dehydrated. There was evidence of shaken baby syndrome and sexual abuse. He was flown to a hospital in Las Vegas, where he died. Barbosa's boyfriend, Jonathan Vandergriff, 23, had previously pled guilty to a child abuse charge after abusing his 10 month old daughter from a previous relationship. Both Barbosa and Vandergriff have been charged with first-degree murder.''

http://www.azcadv.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/DV-Fatalities-2010.pdf

http://kdminer.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=46223&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=797&S=1

a heinous case of young couple responsible for sexual abuse and murder of infant in Bullhead City -- state dropped death penalty for perp

"Matthew, 6 weeks, was taken to the hospital by his mother, Staci Barbosa, 19. He suffered from bruises, broken ribs, a broken femur, and was malnourished and dehydrated. There was evidence of shaken baby syndrome and sexual abuse. He was flown to a hospital in Las Vegas, where he died. Barbosa's boyfriend, Jonathan Vandergriff, 23, had previously pled guilty to a child abuse charge after abusing his 10 month old daughter from a previous relationship. Both Barbosa and Vandergriff have been charged with first-degree murder.''

http://www.azcadv.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/DV-Fatalities-2010.pdf
Gawd these cases make me sick. How could they??? How disgusting.

Gawd these cases make me sick. How could they??? How disgusting.

As heinous as it was, naturally there was a lot of anger in Mohave County ..... well .....lots of people were angry.....hope they can get a better outcome in Bella's case - comments in Kingman Daily Miner will give you a feel for that (link provided)

same element ..... and in Vandergriff's case proven case of him abusing his infant child and then he did same again with Matthew.....

If you look real close at the "outdoor toy pics" you can see both girls on them. MOO

If you look real close at the "outdoor toy pics" you can see both girls on them. MOO

for whatever reasons,my computer didn't play well with the slide show so I didn't see them all....thanks for the highlight...

How long has Tania been with Ralph? Was one or both in jail or rehab or something like that recently?

Hi all! Newbie here . . . :seeya:

Been following along since Jenise, finally got the nerve to post.

Some thoughts re: what LE is watching, waiting to just get them in custody:

- Would appear that TG & RF the 3rd (Ralphy? Really?) have been using hard core addictive drugs for some time. It is my understanding of addiction that one does not simply stop using this week 'cause the po po are watching. Has their supply run out yet? Where and how are they getting their fix with all eyes on their every move?

- It has also been said that TG is known to have been dealing said drugs to 'provide for her family'. Have yet to see any information that either of them are employed in any other manner - and cannot fathom that they have a savings account set aside for when things get tough ('cause they're good parents, doggonit!) Again - having every move watched - what has that done to their 'business'? They have to eventually run out of funds & get desperate,no?

Welcome to Websleuths Tam! :wagon:

Yeah, exactly... My questions too.

So sad looking at that slideshow at the obit site. Poor little thing. She had her whole life ahead of her. Just a normal little 8 year old child.

I did get the creepies of stepdaddy on the bed shirtless with her. Don't know why, isn't that normal???

Bless her little heart. How she must have felt that night, the fear, the confusion, probably crying out for help, help that did not come for her. My heart just aches for this child. RIP Beautiful Isabella.

Let me tell you from my experience, my daughters father, who is my long term fiancé has never been with her on a bed without a shirt. I do have photos of them in the pool where he is not wearing a shirt, but that's the closest I can get and he is her father. I don't think I would be comfortable with a "step father" being half undressed with my child on a bed. JMO.

I can't say that picture bothers me. We live in a hot state, with no central air conditioning. No shirt happens all the time, as does the "Dad braiding daughter's hair" thing. That one is probably just to each, their own experience.

I find this an awful idea. I think that picture of them is cute and endearing.

My hubby has done the girls' hair, and my SIL has done my grand-daughter's hair (and they have crazy curly hair like mine, so this is no easy task). If someone snapped a pic I'd find that cute and endearing. But in this case? Knowing the criminal history of so many of the adults in this case, and the pure filth and depravity those girls lived in, I find nothing cute about it. It all just rings SKETCHY to me and whether that's right or wrong I can't say. It just does.

I think a stepdad doing a little girls hair could be endearing...however, what sticks in my crawl is that he looks like he's in boxers. If he's in boxers, all terms of endearment are thrown out the window...

Since this is on her obit page, it's not against tos to post so here's the pics in question...

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...an-Cannella&lc=7019&pid=172408380&mid=6114809

1tomkp.jpg

2d9patz.jpg

Yes and she is threatening to call cops if people don't remove pics and accusing everyone of harassment. Seriously not right in the head!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bucky357