Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be interesting to add boys who have gone missing and do not have an LDS or FLDS connection.
If it were
3 red haired girls within 6 weeks of each other with the campgrounds bordering states and in a curious alignment, yes, I would think there was a connection. Wouldn't you?

If it were
3 red haired girls within 6 weeks of each other with the campgrounds bordering states and in a curious alignment, yes, I would think there was a connection. Wouldn't you?

I would think it was a weak connection or coincidence if a large percentage of the population had red hair and the campgrounds were clustered around roads since most people drive to campgrounds.

I would think it was a weak connection or coincidence if a large percentage of the population had red hair and the campgrounds were clustered around roads since most people drive to campgrounds.
Isn't this site called websleuths? I thought it was a forum for armchair detectives discussing missing persons in the hopes someone comes up with something new or that helps solve a case.

Isn't this site called websleuths? I thought it was a forum for armchair detectives discussing missing persons in the hopes someone comes up with something new or that helps solve a case.

Yes. That doesn't mean everyone agrees on every theory.

Carry on.

And you are very right. What you came up with is what I believe to be the very thing we are working toward. I guess I like that we think outside of the most likely scenario because sometimes that is what sparks conversation that may lead to other conversations. Thank you for the time you put into these cases...you really never know!

I think the point is it's unlikely that there's a connection. It's a wilderness out there, there are lots of Mormons, and lots of little blonde boys. If it were all children with a common relative, or all of them disappeared on the same time of the same day of the week/month, or they were all named Henry, then yeah, but not all coincidences are connections. Sleuthing is also about the ongoing evaluation of one's theories/ideas based on additional information. I'm just trying to add additional information about the area which is that, IMO, those features are too common to be significant.

I guess the biggest non-connection for me would be the lack of evidence that all those cases are even thought to be results of foul play, right, unless I missed something?

Welcome. WS is all that. And we don't always agree with each other's theories. "Discussing" is the operative word. I always welcome someone challenging my logic. It helps me learn to think more carefully, and see if there are holes in my theory. :) I'm sure a lot of that kind of discussing goes on among LE investigators until they reach a conclusion. JMO

I think the point is it's unlikely that there's a connection. It's a wilderness out there, there are lots of Mormons, and lots of little blonde boys. If it were all children with a common relative, or all of them disappeared on the same time of the same day of the week/month, or they were all named Henry, then yeah, but not all coincidences aren't connections. Sleuthing is also about the ongoing evaluation of one's theories/ideas based on additional information. I'm just trying to add additional information about the area which is that, IMO, those features are too common to be significant.

I guess the biggest non-connection for me would be the lack of evidence that all those cases are even thought to be results of foul play, right, unless I missed something?
I don't believe the official story for any of the 3. If there is no foul play why do all stories contain inconsistencies and odd details. IE- Malachi not having his shoes?

I don't believe the official story for any of the 3. If there is no foul play why do all stories contain inconsistencies and odd details. IE- Malachi not having his shoes?

Find me a story with no inconsistencies and odd details.

I'm just not seeing it. I haven't read much about Malachi, admittedly, but see no connection between a kiddo succumbing to the elements with a kiddo of not the same age getting lost (IMO) over a state away (over 600 miles apart).

Find me a story with no inconsistencies and odd details.

I'm just not seeing it. I haven't read much about Malachi, admittedly, but see no connection between a kiddo succumbing to the elements with a kiddo of not the same age getting lost (IMO) over a state away (over 600 miles apart).
Used to be the news was fastidious with a story. If there was an error they made a correction and an apology. Now the story is whatever article you read, and they all tell different stories and MAJOR facts are misreported. Truth and honesty, for informing the citizens, that's the role the reporters of the news have hoped we've forgotten.

When they discovered poor little Jerold's body it was reported there were no physical signs of trauma yet he was identified by DNA and fingerprints. There were many there who could identify him.

When they discovered poor little Jerold's body it was reported there were no physical signs of trauma yet he was identified by DNA and fingerprints. There were many there who could identify him.

Googling "human decomposition" and having had experience recently with a dead deer near our property, I can pretty much guarantee that after several days he would only be positively and legally identifiable by his DNA and fingerprints. Yes, his clothing and hair would be obvious, but the DNA and fingerprints would be necessary for LE, no matter what his family said.
JMO

Googling "human decomposition" and having had experience recently with a dead deer near our property, I can pretty much guarantee that after several days he would only be positively and legally identifiable by his DNA and fingerprints. Yes, his clothing and hair would be obvious, but the DNA and fingerprints would be necessary for LE, no matter what his family said.
JMO
I hear ya. How, then, could LE determine on sight that there were no physical signs of trauma?

Used to be the news was fastidious with a story. If there was an error they made a correction and an apology. Now the story is whatever article you read, and they all tell different stories and MAJOR facts are misreported. Truth and honesty, for informing the citizens, that's the role the reporters of the news have hoped we've forgotten.

I agree. I've watched the decline of accuracy in journalism with sadness. The rush to be first with a story leaves accuracy and ethics in the dust. It makes sorting things out here on WS very difficult. That's one reason I'm glad that we can only use mainstream media sources. As iffy as they are, the offbeat sources are worse and are even more likely than MSM to push an agenda, rather than the facts IMO. I do believe that there are journalists who try hard, and we usually figure out who they are in each case.

I hear ya. How, then, could LE determine on sight that there were no physical signs of trauma?

You haven't posted a link for me to refer to, but I expect the first responders would have said there were no "obvious" signs of physical trauma. I would imagine that his skull wasn't damaged and any bones visible were intact. He probably wasn't lying in a pool of blood. I'm sure they have other signs they look for, even when decomposition is advanced. An autopsy would confirm first impressions.
JMO

ETA: I found a link using the word "obvious" as I expected. Other links use the same wording. The preliminary autopsy confirmed the initial findings and said that he died of "environmental exposure" likely the first night.

"He was found fully clothed with no obvious external injuries, and there is was no evidence of foul play indicated at the scene."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-5-year-old-jerold-williams-died-exposure-n408226

You haven't posted a link for me to refer to, but I expect the first responders would have said there were no "obvious" signs of physical trauma. I would imagine that his skull wasn't damaged and any bones visible were intact. He probably wasn't lying in a pool of blood. I'm sure they have other signs they look for, even when decomposition is advanced. An autopsy would confirm first impressions.
JMO

ETA: I found a link using the word "obvious" as I expected. Other links use the same wording. The preliminary autopsy confirmed the initial findings and said that he died of "environmental exposure" likely the first night.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-5-year-old-jerold-williams-died-exposure-n408226

You knew where I was going with this, didn't you? I was going to over reach and say they wanted to make sure it wasn't baby DeOrr. Jerold was very small for his age.

You knew where I was going with this, didn't you? I was going to over reach and say they wanted to make sure it wasn't baby DeOrr. Jerold was very small for his age.

You give me too much credit for reading between the lines. :) Actually, it hadn't occurred to me that they might think it was DeOrr. But I can see why you thought of that. LE may have too.

I see you like to look for connections. When this one winds down, you might enjoy some of the unsolved serial killing cases. The connections between the victims have mostly been made, but the killer hasn't been found. Other interesting cases are unidentified ones from either the present or decades ago, comparing them with missing persons and making matches.

There's something for everyone here on WS. :)

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/08/08/ccj-jerold-williams-missing/#.Vew_XUaRHEf Articles, with SAR pics, tell of the SAR teams, volunteers, and other agencies and equipment involved. All of this and they couldnt find him. A truck load of volunteers from Colorado City are the ones to spot him 20 ft off a forest service road. He was found 8 miles by road and around 4 miles as the crow flies from his camp sight. Now I tried to confirm this distance on a map but I couldn't find where fr240 (I couldnt even locate fr240) meets up with fr241, nor could I find a spot 4 miles from camp and near a road 8 miles from camp. If someone has mapped this area I would greatly like to see it.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/08/08/ccj-jerold-williams-missing/#.Vew_XUaRHEf Articles, with SAR pics, tell of the SAR teams, volunteers, and other agencies and equipment involved. All of this and they couldnt find him. A truck load of volunteers from Colorado City are the ones to spot him 20 ft off a forest service road. He was found 8 miles by road and around 4 miles as the crow flies from his camp sight. Now I tried to confirm this distance on a map but I couldn't find where fr240 (I couldnt even locate fr240) meets up with fr241, nor could I find a spot 4 miles from camp and near a road 8 miles from camp. If someone has mapped this area I would greatly like to see it.

I'm not trying to be rude or obtuse, but have you been to these states? I'm wondering if you really have a concept of the vastness of the wilderness. It's like being shocked someone didn't find a needle in a haystack, IMO.

He's been found, thank goodness. At this point, our job is done IMO. If the parents feel that professionals dropped the ball, they can take appropriate action. Or if LE sees something suspicious about who found him, they can investigate. Personally, I don't see a conspiracy here or a connection to the other boys. Sadly, individual children go missing and end up dead all the time and there are new cases here on WS every day. I just don't see the point of digging deeper into this one. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back