Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Precious Jahessye, please be found soon.

Would it be okay for me to ask the station's website for help finding that clip where they mention the black car?

When I saw all the pictures of this little girl, all I could think of was how happy she looked. (So much different than Aliayah.) I was soooo hopeful that she was not an abused child with a smile like that and the joy in her eyes. KWIM? Now I find out that those smiles and joy were probably captured on film while she was under the care of someone other than her mother and I'm not so hopeful anymore. :(

Cousin says she called CPS about Jahessye Shockley

A relative who helped raise a missing 5-year-old Glendale girl says she called Child Protective Services several times to report her suspicions that the girl and her older sister were being abused.

Mahogany Hightower, one of four cousins who took care of Jahessye Shockley for the first four years of her life, told me she last saw the little girl in April, at a family barbecue.

“She cried really bad, telling us she wanted us to take her home,” Hightower said. “She wanted to go home now. We told her you can't come home with us now but you will later. She goes, “I can't go later. I've got to go now.'

.........................snip....................

Hightower is astonished that authorities allowed a child to be left with a mother who repeatedly whipped and scarred her.

“I want it to be known that CPS dropped the ball,” she said. “That in California, they dropped the ball. In Arizona, they dropped the ball. Even the police department, they dropped the ball.”

Whether any of that had anything to do with Jahessye's disappearance, however, is yet to be seen.
While Hightower believes that the children were being abused, she's not ready to say that abuse is linked to Jahessye's disappearance.

Like the rest of us, she's unsure what to make of a 5-year-old disappearing into thin air. Like the rest of us, she's holding out hope that her little cousin will be found, alive and well.

“I really don't know what to think,” she says. “I know there was abuse in the home and I reported it.”

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/LaurieRoberts/146522

after reading the article that Fran posted.....I could just sit here and cry

When I saw all the pictures of this little girl, all I could think of was how happy she looked. (So much different than Aliayah.) I was soooo hopeful that she was not an abused child with a smile like that and the joy in her eyes. KWIM? Now I find out that those smiles and joy were probably captured on film while she was under the care of someone other than her mother and I'm not so hopeful anymore. :(

I know! I just want to find her and bring her home with me. I can't stand that she might have been living in abuse. Why did they let her mother have custody. She was happy and healthy. Now look! Where is this precious little one?

Dear God, please help them to find her and take her to a safe and loving home!

A relative who helped raise a missing 5-year-old Glendale girl says she called Child Protective Services several times to report her suspicions that the girl and her older sister were being abused.

Mahogany Hightower, one of four cousins who took care of Jahessye Shockley for the first four years of her life, told me she last saw the little girl in April, at a family barbecue.

“She cried really bad, telling us she wanted us to take her home,” Hightower said. “She wanted to go home now. We told her you can't come home with us now but you will later. She goes, “I can't go later. I've got to go now.'

Hightower is astonished that authorities allowed a child to be left with a mother who repeatedly whipped and scarred her.

“I want it to be known that CPS dropped the ball,” she said. “That in California, they dropped the ball. In Arizona, they dropped the ball. Even the police department, they dropped the ball.”

Whether any of that had anything to do with Jahessye's disappearance, however, is yet to be seen.
While Hightower believes that the children were being abused, she's not ready to say that abuse is linked to Jahessye's disappearance.

Like the rest of us, she's unsure what to make of a 5-year-old disappearing into thin air. Like the rest of us, she's holding out hope that her little cousin will be found, alive and well.

“I really don't know what to think,” she says. “I know there was abuse in the home and I reported it.”

God Bless that family for trying! Please don't let it be in vain!

Oh my God. How did that woman get those children back? I just dont understand.

I know! I just want to find her and bring her home with me. I can't stand that she might have been living in abuse. Why did they let her mother have custody. She was happy and healthy. Now look! Where is this precious little one?

Dear God, please help them to find her and take her to a safe and loving home!

This so reminds me of Shaniya Davis and Ethan Stacy. Why are children taken from loving homes and put into lethal situations???

God Bless that family for trying! Please don't let it be in vain!

I was just coming here to ask if I could post this because it was an azcentral.com blog link from my facebook....

"She basically said that the kids told her there was no abuse," Hightower said.

I wish I could say that I felt confident that a thorough investigation had been conducted.

If the children were removed from the home this time because they were being abused it does not automatically mean that they were being abused when CPS conducted the investigation regarding the most recent reports of abuse, but really it does not look good at all...

February to early May would be right about the time JH became pregnant. Not that being pregnant would have anything to do with abusing Jahessye, but it would make it more likely that JH was with the same boyfriend she is with right now. Not saying that he, whoever he is, could be an abuser, just thinking about what Jahessye's family life might have been like.

Whoever said that Jahessye's transition to living with JH didn't sound like the gradual type CPS does was right. Good call. It says on 8.18.10 JH had to have LE intervene to have Jahessye surrendered to her.

I was thinking that it was a given CPS would do that and that the transition was difficult in spite of being gradual. Makes absolutely no sense to me that that would not be done. For the very brief time here in AZ I worked with an agency that contracted out with CPS that is exactly what I did, facilitate visits, gradual transitions into homes I did not believe children should have to go back to. And this was pre-Napolitano when CPS was underfunded like it is now. Maybe not so bad, I don't know.

I do know that what is known and what can be proven are two very, very different things. But I saw a baby removed from the home based on suspicion of abuse, but then again she had sustained major injuries as a result of the alleged abuse. One would think that there's a difference between how an investigator evaluates a relative's report of abuse and a relative's report of abuse when the mother has been convicted of major child abuse as is the situation here. I don't know, I have no experience with how CPS evaluates abuse allegations.

For some reason when I hear JH I don't think that she is responsible for Jahessye's disappearance. That being said, and please don't throw things at me for saying this, I've wondered about similarities between Jahessye's grandma and Cindy Anthony. She is just pushing so hard. Not that she shouldn't, and not that I wouldn't do the same, but people who firmly believe JH did something to Jahessye don't seem to understand what the big deal is about getting national attention. And now that other family members are coming forward with allegations of abuse I have to wonder why Shirley hasn't done the same. Although I do think that when the family says they believe SODDI and that Jahessye is alive is understandable denial.

I know its hard to think that Jahessye is no longer alive, I'm glad that LE has gotten to the stage of searching the landfill. Because JH had a neighbor drive her around I don't think she has a car. If she needed to hide Jahessye quickly to move her at a later date a dumpster would be an option, like it is speculated with Haleigh Cummings. But, geeze, is it possible for a pregnant woman to lift and carry a child without being noticed in broad daylight. Again I'm wondering about a boyfriend who could do that.

Based on JH's comment that she doesn't care what Hightower saying and doesn't talk to "them" because they're not credible and angry I'm wondering if she has "lawyered up" because is that the kind of thing a lawyer would let her say. Of course because of ICA LE can't let it look like JH is the only/main POI, but I'm sure that she is central to the investigation.

I just hope they find her. It is possible that someone besides her mom was involved. It could be a BF or it could be someone in the area. A SP if she walked away from the house. There are a lot of buildings, businesses, apartments, and parking lots close by. So easy to grab such a little girl.

&#8220;She cried really bad, telling us she wanted us to take her home,&#8221; Hightower said. &#8220;She wanted to go home now. We told her you can't come home with us now but you will later. She goes, &#8220;I can't go later. I've got to go now.'

(snipped)

bbm

That is so sad. She may have known the danger she was in. I hope these words don't end up being prophetic... :cry:

(OT: My little cousins were in a similar situation as children (we're all grown now): custody fight, mom had custody, dad had them some weekends, dad took it to court several times trying to get them away from her, finally got them years after this incident. I remember being about 8 or 9, and when it was time for them to go back to their mom at the end of the weekend - my little then 4-yr-old cousin wrapped both of his arms and legs around my leg, crying and begging not to go home. His father had to pry him off. After they drove away, the rest of us just stood there and cried. It's an awful situation to be in when hands are tied b/c of the court... :no:... And it applies to all SES of society: the dad was/is a surgeon, yet the mom's dad was a sitting judge in the district where this all took place)

Jahessye, I hope you are safe somewhere. I fear that something bad has happened to you by someone you trusted.

Is the grandma that is pleading for national media attention the same Grandma that was mentioned in the court docs by the Mom when she went to court for abusing her kids? Mom claimed she was abused also as a child or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member