Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be normal. Odds are she knows that JH/her father went to prison for abusing her siblings so she would know that reporting abuse would lead to living with Hightower again. Would a five year old be able manipulate a situation like that? Probably, but certainly not very well. Since she was not abused by JH and she never witnessed her siblings being abused, I don't know if she would be able to describe stuff like what was she abused with (phone cord, twigs etc.) and other specifics related to being abused unless JH was abusing her.

Also, where all the kids shuffled around to live with the cousins and grandma? I wonder if that has anything to do with being pulled from the home following Jahessye's disappearance? Has JH been talking realllllllly negatively about the cousins to the children? Was Jahessye the only child JH needed LE assistance in having them surrendered to her care? Is this why grandma isn't getting involved in the current abuse allegations so she can remain in their lives?

I hope that JH was receiving counseling, but since the abuse in '05 occurred in CA they would have to be the ones requiring JH receive counseling. It doesn't look like CA CPS is still involved with the family so that's unlikely. If it were a condition of JH's parole/probation would they have allowed her to leave CA?

I hope we hear good news today.

Daisy, you quoted my post so I wanted to make sure you understood what I was trying to convey. I wasn't saying Jahessye was telling anyone she was abused.

When I said Jahessyemay have expressed these same feelings to Hunter; I was referring to what she told Hightower at the family bbq in April of this year. She said wanted to "go home". Home to Jahessye, was not with Hunter, but with the four cousins who raised her. If all of that is true, I have a very different perspective of what may have happened. In other words, if Hunter wasn't on good terms with the cousins and she knew they were reporting her to CPS. How would Hunter respond if Jahessye was telling her with any frequency, that she did not want to live with her? I don't think I am going out on a limb with this line of thinking.

Also, the news story I quoted above states; Hunter was released to unsupervised parole. What exactly does that mean?

WBTV Charlotte NC just did something about Jahessye. I'll post it when they put it online!

Little boys don't get the attention little girls get either. Its unfair that all missing children aren't in the media and I don't know what it is going to take to change this. I wish I did! It bothers me to no end...........

Jahessye is out there somewhere and God only knows where. I wonder if she's hungry, cold, hurt, alone. I wonder if she's being abused. I wonder if she's alive and I cry.

God please help us to find her! Please protect this precious little child.............

There are so many missing kids and young people in this country I don't see how the media can cover every one of them. However, these news outlets that have shut down coverage of any other news in favor of covering the Michael Jackson death trial should be ashamed.
ALL these children deserve to be found and brought home, no matter what race they are.

Daisy, you quoted my post so I wanted to make sure you understood what I was trying to convey. I wasn't saying Jahessye was telling anyone she was abused.

When I said Jahessyemay have expressed these same feelings to Hunter; I was referring to what she told Hightower at the family bbq in April of this year. She said wanted to "go home". Home to Jahessye, was not with Hunter, but with the four cousins who raised her. If all of that is true, I have a very different perspective of what may have happened. In other words, if Hunter wasn't on good terms with the cousins and she knew they were reporting her to CPS. How would Hunter respond if Jahessye was telling her with any frequency, that she did not want to live with her? I don't think I am going out on a limb with this line of thinking.

Also, the news story I quoted above states; Hunter was released to unsupervised parole. What exactly does that mean?

BBM
I dont think your out on a limb (if you are I'm with you)

I also wanted to add that the relationship between Jahessye and JH may have (not saying it did) lacked an attachment. Jahessye was only with JH for about 1yr and the crucial 0-3yrs she was bonded with the cousins.(O/T-are they JH cousins???) Lack of or poor attachment can sometimes be a contributing factor in child abuse cases. (I am purposely being vague about this stat. until I have a link)
I also want to know everything about the man JH is pregnant to. Why havent we heard anything about him? I realize he may not be around now, but a some point (ie: 8 month ago) he was. IMO that is a whole new angle to be looked into especially since it was not long after Jahessye was returned to JH.

Just looking at Jahessye’s photos makes me feel that she was a strong spirit and would have been able to get past her difficult childhood and have a great life. Sadly I feel that option was stolen from her. Poor little girl.

I don't know what to think.
I just read a story titled, "Missing girl's mother claims media is endangering family." It says that Jahessye's mother said, ""You put all this negative media out there. I was trying to get away from my ex-husband. Now he knows exactly where to find me. I hope you're happy," Jerice Hunter lashed out as we attempted to ask her about her daughter. She would not clarify or elaborate further except to say, "You have endangered my children by letting George Shockley know where we are."

Interestingly, the article also says that George Shockley is currently in prison.

The grandmother is saying that there's not enough coverage, and the mother is mad because of the coverage???

(Btw, there doesn't even seem to be an agreement on how to spell this little darling's name. Some news outlets spell it Jahessye, while others spell it Jhessye.)

Like I said at the beginning of my post, I don't know what to think. What mother of a missing child would get angry at press coverage and exposure?

Link: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...issing-5-year-old-glendale-girl#ixzz1bcXd7BLz

I just read a story titled, "Missing girl's mother claims media is endangering family." It says that Jahessye's mother said, ""You put all this negative media out there. I was trying to get away from my ex-husband. Now he knows exactly where to find me. I hope you're happy," Jerice Hunter lashed out as we attempted to ask her about her daughter. She would not clarify or elaborate further except to say, "You have endangered my children by letting George Shockley know where we are."

Interestingly, the article also says that George Shockley is currently in prison.

The grandmother is saying that there's not enough coverage, and the mother is mad because of the coverage???

(Btw, there doesn't even seem to be an agreement on how to spell this little darling's name. Some news outlets spell it Jahessye, while others spell it Jhessye.)

Like I said at the beginning of my post, I don't know what to think. What mother of a missing child would get angry at press coverage and exposure?

Link: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...issing-5-year-old-glendale-girl#ixzz1bcXd7BLz

BBM.....a mother who has sat in jail for abusing, beating and torturing her kids.

A mother with secrets and lots to hide. A mother with interest in self preservation above that of her child. MOO

ETA jinx

A mother with secrets and lots to hide. A mother with interest in self preservation above that of her child. MOO

ETA jinx

wanted to add.... a mother that knows her children fell through the cracks in the system and never should have been returned to her. And now that her secrets have been exposed, her children will probably never be returned.

I was convinced the mother was involved early on, then I got on the fence (or crossed over) after the 911 call. I think I've done a full 360 now... :(

I have bounced back and forth between thinking this is a family thing, someone snatching a child they feel is in danger from a person they feel presents the danger to a stranger abductor/predator who just happened to snatch a child who just happened to have been in a bad home situation.

All I can say is, I have never felt a sincere concern for this child from the mother but rather the grief and concern feels more like self interest and concern over what sort of scrutiny this case brings to shed light on some dark corners mom would rather stay dim. This is simply my own feel for this case so take it in that vein.

I have even gone so far as to wonder if mom knows exactly who took this little princess and hopes that she will not be located as it will reveal certain things that would be like a bomb detonating in mom's life. Again, all speculation on my part.

wanted to add.... a mother that knows her children fell through the cracks in the system and never should have been returned to her. And now that her secrets have been exposed, her children will probably never be returned.

I couldn't agree with you more. And in my opinion these little ones didn't fall through a crack -they were just handed back to the monster that once brought them not only physical pain, but mental anguish also. I think the state should have to answer WHY these children were with this "monster' in the first place.

She is MORE concerned because of SHOCKLEY knowing where she is -than where her little one is? -not only a "monster" but a "selfish" monster.

I can't help but cry for beautiful Jahessye

BBM

I also wanted to add that the relationship between Jahessye and JH may have (not saying it did) lacked an attachment. Jahessye was only with JH for about 1yr and the crucial 0-3yrs she was bonded with the cousins.(O/T-are they JH cousins???) Lack of or poor attachment can sometimes be a contributing factor in child abuse cases. (I am purposely being vague about this stat. until I have a link)
I also want to know everything about the man JH is pregnant to. Why havent we heard anything about him? I realize he may not be around now, but a some point (ie: 8 month ago) he was. IMO that is a whole new angle to be looked into especially since it was not long after Jahessye was returned to JH.

Thank you for the reply, glad to see I am not alone on my limb.

I wanted to add to your thought about attachment disorder. The other children were previously abused by Hunter. Perhaps it's the just the way the story is being told, but I'm confused.

It seems like Hunter was paroled in 2010, collected her older children from her Mother in California. Moved to Arizona, demanded Jahessye back and well here we are today. There is no mention of CPS reunification services or counseling for this family? The cousin claims CPS in both States dropped the ball (Cali & AZ).

I know exactly why Hunter is so angry, particularly with ABC15. Theybroke the child abuse story and published the case records in all their ugly detail. You know like real investigative journalists are supposed to do? It's all a matter of public record.

In the few interviews Hunter has done on camera, she comes across poorly. She says Jahessye is a "good person". Who talks about their five year old child as a person? In the 911 call, almost under her breath, she says "I can't believe I lost my kid". Talk about a lack of emotional attachment? I think she was filled with dread at what would come next and that is what she is expressing today in blaming the media, although it is completely bogus, MOO.

I found her in AZ public records in a matter of minutes. If Shockley had a computer and internet access he would too. It's disingenuous for her to make that kind of accusation when it's clearly not factual. The missing poster has her address listed and has been circulated nationwide ...

Despite all I have said, I still am not convinced she is directly responsible for Jahessye's disappearance. I can see her being a bad judge of character. Allowing unsuitable people into her life, being self-occupied and not diligent in her care of the children. :fence:

Ya know its funny how when I read your post I "heard" that you were saying that Jayhessye may have told them she was abused when what you were really saying was that Jayhessye may have specifically told them that she wanted to go home.

Not funny as in "ha ha", but funny as in "that's an interesting point" because it illustrates a couple of things that we've been talking about. Not only does it apply to the specific point of your post, but I think it also applies to the issue of whether LE means Jayhessye never left the apartment alive or do they mean she didn't get lost when they say she didn't wander away? I think its interesting too because it also could be used to look at the whole issue regarding Jayhessye not receiving national attention (is it because of racism, is it because there are just so many missing children in America, or is it a combination of both?).

Anyway, you are right, Jayhessye could have said that she wanted to go home. Jayhessye may not have said anything, I think all of us can probably understand the fear Hightower and Vance must feel about allowing those children to be in the care of a woman convicted of child abuse. To be honest it wouldn't upset me one bit if they saw possible signs of abuse (as opposed to Jayhessye telling them) or just made the whole situation up to get CPS involved.

The same principle may have played a part in the grandmother's frustration that JH's other children were placed in foster care instead of with her or other family members. Since JH had previously accused her own mother of abusing her as a child, did she feel CPS was looking at her as abusing her grandchildren or even that they thought she or other family members were responsible for Jayhessye's disappearance?

So yes, it is possible that if Jayhessye did say she wanted to return to Hightower's and/or Vance's and/or her grandmother's care, JH may have heard Jayhessye/her relatives saying she was abusing her children again. And JH's resulting reaction could give us clues as to what happened to Jayhessye.

Did JH feel betrayed by her daughter or family? Could she have taken that anger out on Jayhessye or her other children? If in fact Jayhessye was killed accidentally could JH have feared that because of her history she would be accused of murdering her Jayhessye or abusing her and her siblings which would result in, at the very least, her children being taken away from her?

We don't know and neither could JH know for sure who made the report to CPS. I don't think parents are ever given that information, so JH may have assumed one of her children told an adult they were being abused and/or it was one of her relatives. That policy is in place I believe to protect the child from violent repercussions if the abuser does take their anger regarding the report out on them.

And thanks for pointing out the "unsupervised parole". I don't know what that is, what I do know is it is one more instance where I am left scratching my head thinking WTF like I do with so many of these cases. I know that there is a difference between molesting a child and physically abusing them. Both crimes do involve severely damaging a child be it emotionally or physically, so I have to ask myself why people who "just" physically abuse children are treated so leniently, because its bad enough that IMO SOs barely receive a slap on the wrist.

There are so many missing kids and young people in this country I don't see how the media can cover every one of them. However, these news outlets that have shut down coverage of any other news in favor of covering the Michael Jackson death trial should be ashamed.
ALL these children deserve to be found and brought home, no matter what race they are.

I'm glad you said that because I have been feeling guilty that I have been fighting the urge to throw a pillow at my tv because of that. You should have seen me the evening we knew Jahessye was going to be featured on JVM and Jane started out talking about the Jackson trial.

BBM

Me too. At first I wondered if he has a history of criminal behavior. Then because I'm not so sure a pregnant woman could easily hide a body.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/1225049279001

LE has found no credible evidence to indicate an abduction, but will not rule it out.

AND from this link
Child Protective Services, confirmed that Hunter's three other children were taken into protective custody, though it remains unclear what prompted the agency's intervention. The children were taken after police conducted the initial interviews, family said.

The search for Jahessye Shockley began October 11 when police said the girl's mother returned to her apartment near 45th and Glendale avenues after a brief errand and found her daughter gone.

The girl's siblings, the oldest 13, had been left to watch her.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...issing-girl-siblings-taken.html#ixzz1bdVgpmCs

My own thoughts: Maybe the errand was directly related to Jahessye's disappearance. Perhaps the removal of the children had something to do with one or more of them stating their sister was being punished for something or in trouble for something earlier in the day. Perhaps the oldest indicated that although Hunter left, saying you are in charge til I get back, that sibling never saw Jahessye after Hunter left to run her "errand"

Thank you for the reply, glad to see I am not alone on my limb.

I wanted to add to your thought about attachment disorder. The other children were previously abused by Hunter. Perhaps it's the just the way the story is being told, but I'm confused.

It seems like Hunter was paroled in 2010, collected her older children from her Mother in California. Moved to Arizona, demanded Jahessye back and well here we are today. There is no mention of CPS reunification services or counseling for this family? The cousin claims CPS in both States dropped the ball (Cali & AZ).

I could be wrong about this, but I think the cousin believes that CA dropped the ball in dealing with the incident when JH was convicted of abusing her children and that AZ dropped the ball in dealing with the accusations of abuse earlier this year.

Regardless of what specific incident(s) she was referring to, IMO it looks like CA and possibly AZ were playing hot potato, and that is just beyond atrocious when we are talking about the well being, safety and lives of children.

I could be wrong about this, but I think the cousin believes that CA dropped the ball in dealing with the incident when JH was convicted of abusing her children and that AZ dropped the ball in dealing with the accusations of abuse earlier this year.

Regardless of what specific incident(s) she was referring to, IMO it looks like CA and possibly AZ were playing hot potato, and that is just beyond atrocious when we are talking about the well being, safety and lives of children.

(OT: It sure would be nice if there were a national child task force who kept track of these situations and had national jurisdiction, such as working through/with the FBI, etc., rather than the states deciding who is responsible, or not knowing of something in a previous state, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly