Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a very well reasoned idea belimom. A central database responsible for tracking at risk children who are or have been recently in the system. This would not only help avoid many instances where parents were being investigated for abuse (ala Zahra Baker and so many others) simply move to a new county or state before the investigation can be concluded. It would help with tracking those children and families where the children have been returned but require some sort of monitoring. Lastly it would help with the many occasions we see here where foster parents move out of county or state never to be monitored again with fatal consequences for the already at risk children who've been placed in their care.

IMO tying such a database in with those agencies who provide aid and assistance to the parents or foster parents of those at risk children would be beneficial and help with tracking.

Unfortunately the idea makes so much sense I doubt we will ever see it realized. :(

Grandmother of Missing 5-Year Old Girl Blames Lackluster Media Coverage on Race
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/october232011/missing-girl.php
Shirley Johnson's point doesn't seem hard to believe, and I say that after having covered many of these events for more than two decades, where kids go missing and people come out of the woodwork. Blogs light up like wildfire, with theories galore and tips, Facebook pages, etc. This disappearance of a girl so cute it brings a tear, has received no such attention.

What a very well reasoned idea belimom. A central database responsible for tracking at risk children who are or have been recently in the system. This would not only help avoid many instances where parents were being investigated for abuse (ala Zahra Baker and so many others) simply move to a new county or state before the investigation can be concluded. It would help with tracking those children and families where the children have been returned but require some sort of monitoring. Lastly it would help with the many occasions we see here where foster parents move out of county or state never to be monitored again with fatal consequences for the already at risk children who've been placed in their care.

IMO tying such a database in with those agencies who provide aid and assistance to the parents or foster parents of those at risk children would be beneficial and help with tracking.

Unfortunately the idea makes so much sense I doubt we will ever see it realized. :(

There's a similar issue in the schools - when a child moves from district to district it wreaks havoc on any services they're receiving. And state to state? I can take another year or so before records are tracked down if parents don't have them, or testing is done again, etc. And then by then, in many cases, the family has moved yet again. :no:

There's a similar issue in the schools - when a child moves from district to district it wreaks havoc on any services they're receiving. And state to state? I can take another year or so before records are tracked down if parents don't have them, or testing is done again, etc. And then by then, in many cases, the family has moved yet again. :no:

Totally agree. There has simply got to be a better, more effective way.

(OT: It sure would be nice if there were a national child task force who kept track of these situations and had national jurisdiction, such as working through/with the FBI, etc., rather than the states deciding who is responsible, or not knowing of something in a previous state, etc.)

ITA. Anything that would give LE/social services a more complete understanding of what is going on in these families would be awesome.

Clarification not mentioned in previous article.

http://www.kpho.com/story/15787291/candlelight-vigil-for-jhessye-shockley
During that march, Shockley's grandmother, Shirley Johnson, told CBS 5 News that someone found a girl's shoe near a car lot in the area.

Johnson called police and after a search, she said officers told her it was unrelated.

One 9-year-old little girl said she asked her mother to take her to the neighborhood so she could put a teddy bear down for Shockley.

"Whoever took Jhessye, they should really bring her back," said Rose Hazard.

Shockley's mother, Jerice Hunter, was seen leading the march during the candlelight vigil.

Interesting about the shoe but I would find it much more interesting if it were Jahessye's shoe or even if it were specified as a girl's shoe of the same size as Jahessye might wear. As those things are not mentioned and only that one vague sentence was offered on the subject I tend to think that the shoe is unrelated for the moment. That could change if more specifics were forthcoming indicating it has anything to do with the little cutie pie who is currently MIA.

ETA must have been composing mine while you were posting yours lynn, thanks for the clarification :)

Missing girl's mother claims media is endangering family

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...issing-5-year-old-glendale-girl#ixzz1bdlaDNR1

We contacted Glendale police to ask about any danger to the family from coverage. They told us 'no' and that they welcome any attention that might prompt new leads.

also from article

Jhessye's grandfather, Jessie Johnson, told ABC15 that he did not feel race was an issue. He recognized that emotions are high right now.

"I'm overwhelmed by all the people who have come out to show support," he said.

\

Ok---so mom isn't "right", grandma's main concern is the three children that are (safe) but not with her daughter, and NOT with little Jahessye. Obviously, grandpa is the only one with his head on straight -at least his MAIN concern -is the lost little princess.

Ok---so mom isn't "right", grandma's main concern is the three children that are (safe) but not with her daughter, and NOT with little Jahessye. Obviously, grandpa is the only one with his head on straight -at least his MAIN concern -is the lost little princess.

I caught that too ...

I have not commented on the racial issues being raised, I don't want to see this case derailed.

Where are you sweet Jahessye?

j2.jpg

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...issing-girl-siblings-taken.html#ixzz1bdVgpmCs

This is an interesting statement:

The children's grandmother, Shirley Johnson of California, has acknowledged her daughter's troubled past but said she had turned her life around and was devoted to her children.
Johnson said police asked her to leave her daughter's apartment this afternoon after the landlord complained. Coombs said that was not the case.

Why would the landlord at JH's apartment complain to police about the G'ma being at her daughter's apartment? If it's not true, why would G'ma make that claim?

IMO, there is something hinky about this G'ma. I'm getting the impression G'ma's trying to attract media attention only so she can influence the direction of the story, thinking it will also influence the direction of the investigation. Maybe the inconsistencies in the family's stories are partly to blame for the media shying away from this case.

IMO, the cousins (I take it they're Jahessye's cousins) and possibly JH's sister are the only reliable sources of information from this family. I'm glad they're providing another angle to the story and all I can say to MSM is ... let them have their say publicly and get Jahessye's description out there! Being on a busy street, someone must have seen something that will prove valuable in finding Jahessye. The more info the public has, the closer LE will come to solving the case.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...issing-girl-siblings-taken.html#ixzz1bfLFzGVc

The Charlotte NC stations are putting something on daily about Jahessye. It mentions child abuse in the home. Real short but they show her picture and ask for help in finding her. Better than nothing and people are seeing her picture.

Where is this sweet baby? Prayers for Jahessye!

I check in here several times a day hoping for good news. We all hope even as the days pass. I have a very hard time believing an abuser has turned their life around. Especially one to this degree. Not saying it never happens but i find it highly unlikely. From anything i have read it does not seem Mom has made any leaps to changing her life. Yes something hinky with Grandma. Still hoping and praying :rose:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...issing-girl-siblings-taken.html#ixzz1bdVgpmCs

This is an interesting statement:

Why would the landlord at JH's apartment complain to police about the G'ma being at her daughter's apartment? If it's not true, why would G'ma make that claim?

IMO, there is something hinky about this G'ma. I'm getting the impression G'ma's trying to attract media attention only so she can influence the direction of the story, thinking it will also influence the direction of the investigation. Maybe the inconsistencies in the family's stories are partly to blame for the media shying away from this case.

IMO, the cousins (I take it they're Jahessye's cousins) and possibly JH's sister are the only reliable sources of information from this family. I'm glad they're providing another angle to the story and all I can say to MSM is ... let them have their say publicly and get Jahessye's description out there! Being on a busy street, someone must have seen something that will prove valuable in finding Jahessye. The more info the public has, the closer LE will come to solving the case.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...issing-girl-siblings-taken.html#ixzz1bfLFzGVc

ITA about granny being hinky. She has been all over the media talking about racial bias (while she's being interviewed by FOX news, for Pete's sake) and saying things that contradict what we are hearing other places. I wonder if she's been cleared?

[NOTE: I am not saying there is no racial bias. I just feel that granny has her own agenda and is more worried about spouting it on TV than talking about Jahessye.]

Honestly, if mom has turned her life around, would there be anything more infuriating to an abusive granny who THINKS she was a good mom than to see her daughter behave differently?

When I think of some of the conflicts I've had with my own parents about my choices that are different from theirs, and we have a GREAT relationship and no abuse. But it still makes people feel a little bit judged when someone makes radically different parenting choices. I know it drives me nuts when my brother calls and asks for advice and then does the exact opposite - I know it isn't right, but it makes me feel like he's saying, "Well, we don't want to do THAT!" :crazy:

So with a history of abuse and if mom was trying to do everything BUT what her own mom did...I could see how that could make granny defensive, hostile, and maybe even took Jahessye to prove that she ISN'T a better mother.

Oh, how I pray that granny took Jahessye and she's safely tucked away somewhere until granny gets her 15 minutes and "I told you so." :praying:

Also, wonder if the landlord kicked her out b/c she was being disruptive or arguing loudly with JH.

Seems like Jahessye was well loved and well cared for before being returned to her mother. These pictures appear to be of a slightly younger Jahessye and must be when she was in the custody of the cousin. She seems very happy then. I hope and pray that she will be that happy little girl again, but I really have my doubts... :(

Where are you, sweetie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members