Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from same article

"It aint about color but what's real is real," she continues. "We in the state of Arizona. This is the last state that fought tooth and nail to make Martin Luther King's birthday a holiday...ya'll can't keep doing us like this. You done locked my other kids away like primates in a laboratory and you do not care."

and
It should be noted that over the course of our interview, Hunter seemed more concerned with getting back her children who are now in CPS custody than she is with finding Jahessye, who's been missing for nearly two weeks.

I believe she says that she went to the PLS. PLS is a loan store about 2 miles from her apartment. That would make sense considering she said she went to pick up her money.
thank you. yes, it does make sense now.

from same article

"It aint about color but what's real is real," she continues. "We in the state of Arizona. This is the last state that fought tooth and nail to make Martin Luther King's birthday a holiday...ya'll can't keep doing us like this. You done locked my other kids away like primates in a laboratory and you do not care."

and
It should be noted that over the course of our interview, Hunter seemed more concerned with getting back her children who are now in CPS custody than she is with finding Jahessye, who's been missing for nearly two weeks.

bbm

I think she's incorrect there.

bbm

This time it worked. The Legislature in 1991 passed and sent to the voters a proposition making the third Monday in January a paid state holiday, the Martin Luther King Jr./Civil Rights Day. On Nov. 3, 1992, Arizona voters approved the holiday, with 62 percent of voters supporting the initiative.

Read more: http://www.yumasun.com/articles/holiday-73753-state-stewart.html#ixzz1bkTv3AzK

On May 2, 2000, South Carolina governor Jim Hodges signed a bill to make Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday an official state holiday. South Carolina was the last state to recognize the day as a paid holiday for all state employees. Prior to this, employees could choose between celebrating Martin Luther King Day or one of three Confederate holidays.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr._Day

(ETA: I know it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things here, but the whole Civil Rights movement and related events is a huge interest of mine, so it just didn't sound right to me...)

I believe she says that she went to the PLS. PLS is a loan store about 2 miles from her apartment. That would make sense considering she said she went to pick up her money.

kukla.....not trying to pry into you personally.....but are you familiar with the area? If so, do you know where Mom lives and what the backyard situation is? Mom said the older kids were doing yardwork and I'm curious as it appeared to me that they live in more of an apartment complex. Thanks

kukla.....not trying to pry into you personally.....but are you familiar with the area? If so, do you know where Mom lives and what the backyard situation is? Mom said the older kids were doing yardwork and I'm curious as it appeared to me that they live in more of an apartment complex. Thanks

LynnB - I won't post the address here but it's available from BigYellow.com. If that is correct, then here's a screenshot of the complex - there are small yards... although it remains to be understood what these children would be doing out there, kwim? I'd like to know if this were a normal occurrence for them or the first time it had happened.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-24 at 8.42.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-24 at 8.42.34 PM.png
    538.4 KB · Views: 96
LynnB - I won't post the address here but it's available from BigYellow.com. If that is correct, then here's a screenshot of the complex - there are small yards... although it remains to be understood what these children would be doing out there, kwim? I'd like to know if this were a normal occurrence for them or the first time it had happened.

(took screenshot out to save space. Big thank you for that BTW!)
It doesn't look to me that there would be more than 15 minutes worth of yard work to be done. and that's if you take your time.
Still doesn't make sense that a 6 yr old had to do it, but the 5 yr old was too young.

Yes, very familiar. I grew up a mile north of those apartments. I will be in that area later tonight and will drive by and check out the yard situation if I remember.

Also, I was going by memory when I said there was a PLS two miles from her house, which there is, but I looked online an found one less than a mile from her apartment. Just fyi.

Yes, very familiar. I grew up a mile north of those apartments. I will be in that area later tonight and will drive by and check out the yard situation if I remember.

Also, I was going by memory when I said there was a PLS two miles from her house, which there is, but I looked online an found one less than a mile from her apartment. Just fyi.

YAY! a local.....I would hug you if I could :grouphug:
It helps so much when we have someone familiar with the area! I'm sure we are gonna have lots of questions for you.
Please let us know about the yard......it's driving me crazy.

Belimom-
are they pools I see in your pictures? the 2 rectangular blue things.....
didn't Mom say on the 911 call there were no pools?

Guys what is your gut saying? I hate to seem wishy washy, but I keep wavering.

Would JH really be speaking out and making such a big scene if she was responsible?

I guess I would expect to see more of what I'm looking at in Aliayah's case. Her family is hiding from the media, no one is speaking out for her.

Would JH really be speaking out and making such a big scene if she was responsible?

I guess I would expect to see more of what I'm looking at in Aliayah's case. Her family is hiding from the media, no one is speaking out for her.

I think it all depends on the personality of the individual(s) involved. Think of Billie Dunn, the Irwins, Susan Smith, etc.

*I know BD and the Irwins have not been proven to be involved - JMHO.

My gut is as wishy washy as yours right now. I don't know what to think.
In all honesty I logged on today expecting to spend the day in Aliayah's thread. 30 days gone so I expected something from the media. Now this case is getting to me....sigh...
Looking at things from the beginning...J was gone...mom had a record for abuse....case closed.
But you're right...this family is making a lot of noise and insisting they be heard. You don't see that very often in guilty parties. Heck, you don't see that in a lot of innocent families with backgrounds like this.

I wish I could understand the dynamics of this family just a little more.....
Is Mom more afraid of LE or Grandma? (I'll admit it.....grandma would scare the crap outta me if she was my mom)

I think it is not the fact that the family is speaking out that has my hinky meter bugging me, so much as it is the content of what they are speaking out about.

How do I put this delicately? I think the speaking they are doing is more critical of LE and the media and racial commentary and the removal of the other kids than about Jhessye coming home KWIM?

I can't help thinking of what my grandpa used to say. Sometimes a good defense is a good offense.

All this talk, particularly from grandma, seems to be about deflecting attention from mom's story which is not adding up more and more as each day passes, the removal of the other children and less about actually finding this beautiful little girl who is missing. I can't help but wonder if all this talk is designed to get out ahead of something that is coming and deflect attention from that by giving the impression that nobody cares about finding Jhessye and only wants to "persecute" mom.

I wish I could understand the dynamics of this family just a little more.....
Is Mom more afraid of LE or Grandma? (I'll admit it.....grandma would scare the crap outta me if she was my mom)

Sounded like Mom was starting to tear into JH at the end of that 911 call. I'm getting a feel for the dynamics, just look at those CA court cases in the link I supplied ...

I'd gladly spend the day in Aliayah's thread, but we have nothing to discuss. Praying she and Jahessye are found.

I think it is not the fact that the family is speaking out that has my hinky meter bugging me, so much as it is the content of what they are speaking out about.

How do I put this delicately? I think the speaking they are doing is more critical of LE and the media and racial commentary and the removal of the other kids than about Jhessye coming home KWIM?

I can't help thinking of what my grandpa used to say. Sometimes a good defense is a good offense.

All this talk, particularly from grandma, seems to be about deflecting attention from mom's story which is not adding up more and more as each day passes, the removal of the other children and less about actually finding this beautiful little girl who is missing. I can't help but wonder if all this talk is designed to get out ahead of something that is coming and deflect attention from that by giving the impression that nobody cares about finding Jhessye and only wants to "persecute" mom.

You just had a thought pop into my head. Mom somehow got these kids back IMO by moving from California to Arizona. She knew the system would fail if she moved. What if she is thinking the same thing now? get my kids back and fly under the radar to somewhere else? She could always blame the media for letting the cat out of the bag and letting her ex know where they live....wait, she's already done that blame game. step one may be complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129