Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #2 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outcome we dreaded for child has now tragically come to pass

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...tcome-we-dreaded-for-child.html#ixzz1ePB7b1Mq

So naturally, when Hunter got out of prison in May 2010 -- having served half of her eight-year sentence -- her own mother returned the children to Hunter.

Jhessye, meanwhile, had been in Arizona, with the cousins, who weren't too keen on turning over Jhessye but had no choice, Hightower told me, when police showed up at their door.
That was Aug. 18, 2010. The date is etched on Hightower's brain, because she couldn't stop it. They had no paperwork giving them custody, so back to Mommy Jhessye went

BBM.... this is going to make me cry. A little over 1 yr later and she is gone.

from same link....

After that day, Hightower said she called CPS again and also mentioned her suspicion that Hunter, by then pregnant again, was doing drugs. The caseworker, she said, visited the older child's school and Hunter's home.

"She said, 'All we can do is wait until she has the baby,' " Hightower told me. " 'If it's born addicted, then we can go about taking the kids.' "

Hunter had her baby in late October, two weeks after Jhessye vanished.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...tcome-we-dreaded-for-child.html#ixzz1ePCOKKm5

Whenever I look at those adorable pictures that were taken when she was in the cousins care it is bittersweet. I am so happy that she had that time with loving and caring family, and that she go to experience real love, but it still makes me sick to my stomach to think of how it must have felt to be given back to her abuser. Hopefully she and Caylee and lil Tyler and pretty Celina are dancing in the warmth and feeling no pian. :rose:

Grandmother claims mother of missing Glendale girl is 'responsible'
As she left the police department, Hattie Hunter told reporters she believes Jerice needs to take responsibility for her daughter's disappearance.
"I believe she's responsible for the disappearance," said Hattie Hunter.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...er:-jerice-hunter-'responsible'#ixzz1ePEDpNjQ

This is Jerice's grandmother. I wonder if it's her mother's mother or her father's mother.

Glad to see someone willing to admit the truth.

This is Jerice's grandmother. I wonder if it's her mother's mother or her father's mother.

Glad to see someone willing to admit the truth.

Father is Jessie Hunter, so I'm thinking this is his mom?

From what I have read about this case, this is a horror story of red tape, fraud, deceit and death, for a beautiful little girl. I believe after Jerice snatched Jhessye from the loving home with an aunt, that Jhessye was "punished for the trouble she caused". Jessye was decidedly different. She had experienced a life where someone loved her, treasured her, fed her and kept her healthy, provided nice clean clothes and fixed her hair with loving care.
Imagine the shocking contrast when this cherished and protected Jhessye had to go live under the iron fists of Jerice. Jerice was most likely jealous and resentful of the beautiful little girl for having known a better life. I imagine that Jerice began to hate Jhessye because after CPS was called Jhessye was going to pay.. Poor sweet little Jhessye, it appears she paid dearly, with her life. I would imagine that an angry spiteful Jerice could make Jhessye's life a living hell.
The courts in California declared Jerice unfit, said she should never have had children. Yet Jerice and Shirley knew how to work the system. They learned the language to fight and circumvent the laws, and how to milk the system for their rights and reap the financial benefits. I believe that Shirley turned over the other children after Jerice got out of jail, but Jerice should not have had custody of any of those children. Shirley may have broken some laws in doing that, which could account for her fierce defense of her so-called rehabilitated daughter. I am not surprised that Jerice’s children would be afraid to speak the truth to CPS workers. As I posted a while back, Jerice was going to extract severe punishment for any of her children who dared to tell the truth.
MOO

This case isn't about race. It is partly about poverty, freeloaders, and just plain laziness to be a contributing member of our society. It’s about producing children for profit. It's about outdated laws that make children the property of their parents. It's about how our welfare system is manipulated, and children are worth their weight in dollars, benefits, anything that’s free. We will see a continuation of these practices as long as the fraud is so common and rampant that it becomes a given. Others may be aware of something wrong, but will be unwilling to make trouble, to stand up, maybe fearing retaliation. For the cheats, there is little fear of the law, as defense lawyers will jump up to defend the lawless manipulators of their rights to take and take and take. Children learn how to play this game of life, take what you can get, and more, and are taught that LE is “The Enemy”.
Jhessye should not have had to experience a life of contrasts, where she went from living in contented confident bliss to utter unbelievable hell. How frightened and helpless Jhessye must have felt as she was forced to undergo the wrath, and rage, of a soul-less Jerice.
So very very sad. Maybe some of the aunts will start up a “Justice for Jhessye” campaign to try to right the wrongs that cost Jhessye her life.
Sorry for the long rant. Some of these things I have written of before this post. I can’t help repeating myself, as I think of how Jhessye was cheated of a normal childhood, a long and happy life.
MOO

Outcome we dreaded for child has now tragically come to pass

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...tcome-we-dreaded-for-child.html#ixzz1ePB7b1Mq

So naturally, when Hunter got out of prison in May 2010 -- having served half of her eight-year sentence -- her own mother returned the children to Hunter.

Jhessye, meanwhile, had been in Arizona, with the cousins, who weren't too keen on turning over Jhessye but had no choice, Hightower told me, when police showed up at their door.
That was Aug. 18, 2010. The date is etched on Hightower's brain, because she couldn't stop it. They had no paperwork giving them custody, so back to Mommy Jhessye went

BBM.... this is going to make me cry. A little over 1 yr later and she is gone.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...tcome-we-dreaded-for-child.html#ixzz1ePlACAJY

"I can't go later," the little girl told them, in tears. "I've got to go now."

Everytime I read that I am in tears...that little girl knew she was in trouble and was begging for help. I cant stand this.

Jhessye should not have had to experience a life of contrasts, where she went from living in contented confident bliss to utter unbelievable hell. How frightened and helpless Jhessye must have felt as she was forced to undergo the wrath, and rage, of a soul-less Jerice.
I can’t help repeating myself, as I think of how Jhessye was cheated of a normal childhood, a long and happy life.
MOO

<respectfully snipped>

So much like little Shaniya Davis and Ethan, ripped from their normal lives surrounded by love and then murdered by monsters aided by their evil "mothers".I can hardly bear thinking of their last moments on earth...

That photo of Jhessye with butterflies in her hair just did me in. She was such a beautiful little girl. I would've loved to have known her.
I can't stand the thought of that sweet child begging to not have to go back to that apartment with Jerice. She must have been terrified and deeply unhappy.
And now that I hear about the drugs, and Jhessye's missing teeth....I am just beside myself.

I wish there was a way to throw Shirley in jail too.

According to the report, Shockley held the naked 7-year-old by the wrists while Hunter repeatedly whipped her with an extension chord, causing bloodied welts that added to the scars already covering the girl's body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Hightower has said she talked with an Arizona CPS caseworker several times between February and May to report the family's concerns that both Jhessye and the older girl -- the one whose beating sent Hunter to prison -- were being abused.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...tcome-we-dreaded-for-child.html#ixzz1eQ5TpjNq

So they were concerned that the child she had bloodied, scarred and whipped... and then gotten custody of again.... was being abused...again.

When someone is arrested for domestic violence, there is a restraining order put in place automatically.

What about beaten, bloodied kids? No protection? :sick:

Hi, I am new here, and this little angel is what led me here.

I have been praying for her since the day she was missing, and I received the amber alert over our state lottery system.

That afternoon a man came into the store mumbling about hating people's children, and him being a regular, our manger asked him what was wrong. He told us that his wife was in Laughlin with her sister, and that her grandbaby had gone missing, and Jahessye was that baby.

LEOs all over the state were looking for a woman and vehicle, the description was given by the older children who went looking for Jahessye, immediately. The lottery machines printed copies of the description every 15 mins. for 3 hours. Everyone was looking for this "mystery" woman, who it was said had abducted the baby from in front of the home.

When I read about the cousins contacting CPS, I cry, and then realize that this is the way things work in our state. I have had friends and family that have been Court Appointed Special Advocates for kids that have been removed from their families, as well as working with CPS, and they quit in disgust and frustration. Our state believes that the families should remain together, and they do not enforce any form of rehab or counseling that may be assigned by a judge. In one case, the CASA was my mom, and she went to check on the foster care situation of a child that she was working with, and the foster parents were no better than the parents.

These babies need guardian angels, and there are just not enough of us to guard these angels.

It's a scandal what has happened - that this poor angel was returned to the mom after all this.

My heart breaks for Jahessye.

Missing girl's grandmother standing by her daughter
Missing girl's grandmother standing by her daughter - YouTube

OMG, burns, and teeth missing... "No you won't" [see Jhessye later]...

*Heartbroken*
That poor dear knew she was going to be hurt some more, and nobody could help her...

"Do I look like I hurt my daughter? Do I look like I hurt my daughter?"
I don't know, Jerice, what would you expect to look like if you hurt your daughter? What did you look like when you beat one with an extension cord?

I am so sad and glad at the same time. Sad for Jhessye and yet happy that it looks like it's not going to be a cold case and she's going to get some justice.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...tcome-we-dreaded-for-child.html#ixzz1ePlACAJY

"I can't go later," the little girl told them, in tears. "I've got to go now."

Everytime I read that I am in tears...that little girl knew she was in trouble and was begging for help. I cant stand this.

I'm with you. That kills me...and I cannot imagine the grief and guilt those cousins feel. Even though they had no choice, they probably wish they did kidnap Jhessye. I'm so sorry for them, too. What a nightmare.

"Do I look like I hurt my daughter? Do I look like I hurt my daughter?"
I don't know, Jerice, what would you expect to look like if you hurt your daughter? What did you look like when you beat one with an extension cord?

Jerice, you're looking pretty rough in that picture. Like maybe you aren't getting much sleep. Are you hearing your baby ask "why?" in your dreams? Like maybe you're having nightmares about a prison door that never opens again.

Sleep tight, <modsnip>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member