Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #2 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No words except these - the surviving 13-year old's heroic actions in 'outing' her mother have more than likely saved another child's life somewhere down the road.

When I see a case like this, I have to go back and review other unsolved cases. I'm having great pause in the Haleigh Cummings case now. GREAT pause.

Bless little Jahessye. :heartluv:

I can't believe the evil she had to endure at the hands of someone who was supposed to be her mother. :furious:

I would like to hear more from the cousin who raised Jhessye prior to Jerice reinserting herself in the child's life.

I want to know more about the bright, little princess. I want to know who Jhessye really was before whatever awfulness her mother brought back into her sphere happened.

Did she like Disney Princesses? fairies? I believe purple is said to be her favorite color. What was her favorite story or book? I feel a strong need to know this little doll to honor who she was and who she might have become without the interference of one selfish being.

BBM...

I feel the same way. All we hear is the loud, selfish whining of Jerice and her mother. They don't mention much about Jhessye, and I doubt that Jerice ever bothered to get to know her own beautiful daughter. She was was too self-absorbed and abusive to care about who Jhessye was.

I know Jhessye was smart, and she had such a charming little face. But I'd like to know more about her. What was her favorite flavor of ice cream? Did she like to dance and ride her bike? Was she all sweetness, or was she a little bit mischevious?

I refuse to let what Jerice did to her stand as the last word on Jhessye's life.

The "motive" given for the abuse and eventual murder seems utterly deranged. A five year old watches TV with a boy and the mother gets a violent rage attack. What on earth? Is she on some kind of drugs?

If this woman gets away with this, I swear I will lose my mind.

She better confess, or I might lose mine. I can NOT imagine this going to trial.

Those poor children. They will forever remember Jahessye as a "zombie" with "cuts and bruises" and her eyes black and slightly open. Not to mention the screaming and crying from the bedroom as their mother beat her.

I am so mad. So so so mad.

I am way behind on this thread but... In the last paragraph it says reported the last time she had seen Jhessye was on 9/12/11. The school records show her last day was on 9/22/11. (paraphrasing) Where were the other kids from 9/12 - 9/22?

I think it's either an error in the report or the kids got that detail wrong. It would be hard for a 13 year old to place EXACTLY when the last time her sister was seen, if it was a couple weeks ago.

One thing that's interesting to me, but doesn't mean much, is that none of the kids noticed J was dead. They described that the closet smelled like death, and described what J looked like - a zombie. I wonder why they couldn't make the connection from that that J was dead?

Poor sweet innocent Jhessye. It is already worse than I could have imagined. When I first read that she was taken from the aunt's home and given to Jerice, I figured that Jhessye was going to suffer for having lived the good life. I also thought that when the aunt called CPS that Jerice would have had those children terrified to tell the truth. When I learned that Jhessye had been absent from school for some time before she was reported as missing, my heart took a tumble. Red flags went up. I figured that both Jerice and Shirley were so angrily defiant to deflect attention from them. I thought that maybe Jerice had lost it with Jhessye and beat her too severely, causing death. Little did I imagine the extent of Jhessye's suffering. I couldn't believe that Jhessye was subjected to ongoing abuse from Jerice from the moment she got her hands on her. Jerice made Jhessye pay with her life for having known a different life, a better life than Jerice was willing to provide. How could this have been kept from those who could have/would have saved Jhessye. How could two mean selfish evil women beat the very system that provided them with funds.
Jhessye, I wish I could have saved you. I'm just a Grandma and I never beat my children, I loved them, protected them. Life wasn't always easy but it was never their fault. I can't imagine what you had to endure. Jessye, sorry is not going to bring you back, to give you back what was stolen from you. Sorry is not going to give you life, sweet precious life. Jhessye, you will always have a place in my heart.
MYO

I think it's either an error in the report or the kids got that detail wrong. It would be hard for a 13 year old to place EXACTLY when the last time her sister was seen, if it was a couple weeks ago.

One thing that's interesting to me, but doesn't mean much, is that none of the kids noticed J was dead. They described that the closed smelled like death, and described what J looked like - a zombie. I wonder why they couldn't make the connection from that that J was dead?

Denial that their own mother could kill their sister. Denial added with fear that she might kill them too.

Oh this makes my heart bleed.

I wonder, too, what the boy said. When she went missing, did he bring this incident up to his parents or LE? It doesn't sound like she was seen by anyone after that incident.

And the school didn't ask? Here, you'd have to present some kind of documentation with that length of an absence. Teachers would surely at least be asking the older ones, How's your sister today?

I think the heart of the case will be grandma. Thank GOD for brave sister who finally had the courage to tell someone what happened.

I just want to take them all into my arms.

No words except these - the surviving 13-year old's heroic actions in 'outing' her mother have more than likely saved another child's life somewhere down the road.

That bears repeating over and over and over... ((((hugs)))) to that 13-yr-old. Remember, she was the one who had been "tortured" by Jerice according to the court documents.

How can the grandparents defend her? It sounds like they must have known what was going on if they had any contact with the children in recent times. They'd have noticed that one child was bruised in the stinky closet.

Enablers. Mentors/teachers in child abuse (Jerice said so herself in court documents) - and enablers.

And now for them to be saying the 13-yr-old is basically a liar. What about what she did prior - the whole sentence and prison term?!? Have they forgotten what Jerice is capable of?

Precious little peanut... :(

After reading the latest and especially the probable cause itself, it am so sick and heartbroken. There really are no words to express the sorrow and the anger...

:cry:

I just love this picture of her. :heartluv:

So pretty in pink.

jahessye-Shockley4-150x150.jpg

http://humbleopinionforum.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/jahessye-Shockley4-150x150.jpg

latest update here:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ale-girl-jhessye-shockley-court-document.html

This whole case makes me sick and grandma needs to shut her mouth. NOBODY was looking out for these kids. Grandma should be ashamed of herself, defending her loser daughter who has already been incarcerated for beating the same very kids. I cannot believe this mother got her kids back after 4 years in prison for child abuse. It is now looking like mom killed the girl and has hid the body. Very sad. Extremely unlikely this little cutie pie is alive. I believe the siblings over the mother and grandmother. Sad. Even the grandma was not even looking out for her own grandkids she is too busy pulling the race card and criticizing police.

One thing that's interesting to me, but doesn't mean much, is that none of the kids noticed J was dead. They described that the closed smelled like death, and described what J looked like - a zombie. I wonder why they couldn't make the connection from that that J was dead?

I think that the 6- and 9-yr-olds knew something was "wrong" but probably not exactly what was wrong (i.e., death). The 13-yr-old probably knew deep in her heart, but I think that was probably close to the time that Jerice got the bleach and cleaned out the closet, and told them to lie.

I think the 13-yr-old probably only told the whole story once she was assured she would not have to go back to that monster.

REALLY --- that child is very brave. She was probably told when she was 7 that Jerice could never hurt her again, only to have to live with her again now and watch her abuse Jhessye... Truly heartbreaking.

Hunter makes court appearance in missing daughter's case
http://ktar.com/6/1472417/Hunter-makes-court-appearance-in-missing-daughters-case
During her initial court appearance, Jerice Hunter gripped her arms, nodded her head and rocked back and forth as the wait got to her.

"Is this legal," she said. "They do this to everybody?"

The judge excused herself from the bench several times.

Clearly patience is another skill she was never taught.

I'm struck by how there seems to be a pattern emerging where the people with the rights are the people who do the harm, and the people who are the victims or are trying to help the victims are the ones that need to jump through hoops. I realize that we have become quite a litigious society, but this is just too much. I understand that everyone (including those that are guilty) "deserve" a fair shake, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. It's almost like at some point we were so busy writing laws and protections for those that are suspected/convicted of crimes, that we forgot about the the actual victims, and their rights, kwim?

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, so I'll stop ranting now.

:banghead:

She better confess, or I might lose mine. I can NOT imagine this going to trial.

Those poor children. They will forever remember Jahessye as a "zombie" with "cuts and bruises" and her eyes black and slightly open. Not to mention the screaming and crying from the bedroom as their mother beat her.

I am so mad. So so so mad.

bbm

Oh there will be a trial (MOO). I am sure that Jerice wants her day in court for the cameras to roll and to scream innocence from the top of the world. She will as long as she is still breathing, IMO.

:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member