Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #3 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry...I can't remember...but do we know for SURE where SJ was those few weeks?

I never thought she'd had anything to do with it, but now I'm wondering. Jerice could have called her and told her the Jhessye was either hurt very badly or dead and asked for help. (Maybe the money?) She could have threatened that SJ would be in big trouble for giving her back the kids, and SJ had better pay up.

Maybe that's why SJ is so defensive of Jerice and so busy flailing the race card around in the media - to distract attention from BOTH of them.

Because if SJ were totally innocent in this, why wouldn't she be throwing Jerice under the bus and playing up the grieving granny routine so she could get the kids (and the $$$) back?

The above is just my opinion and theory...I am not accusing SJ of anything or saying I have any evidence that it is true.

I get the feeling that Shirley has always played the race card to get herself out of hot water. It looks as though she taught her daughter well, too.

Fact is, Ms. Johnson, you're FOS.

um guys, has this posted yet? Cause if it was, I totally missed it. MUST READ!

Fills in a lot of the gaps about Jerice's childhood, who Shirley is, her history, and many details about the previous abuse conviction. Court docs from the past conviction, tons of documents.

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/JahessyeShockley.pdf

Patience while it loads, it is pages and pages. Doc dump. WELL worth the wait. Includes psych eval of Jerice.

ETA btw, we can thank those souls over on the FB page Where is Jhesse Shockley? for turning me onto this https://www.facebook.com/groups/189075421178622/permalink/196119693807528/

Thank you! I missed it as well. I'll have to read it tonight. It sounds as though if I start now I'll never get anything done today.

Sorry...I can't remember...but do we know for SURE where SJ was those few weeks?

I never thought she'd had anything to do with it, but now I'm wondering. Jerice could have called her and told her the Jhessye was either hurt very badly or dead and asked for help. (Maybe the money?) She could have threatened that SJ would be in big trouble for giving her back the kids, and SJ had better pay up.

Maybe that's why SJ is so defensive of Jerice and so busy flailing the race card around in the media - to distract attention from BOTH of them.

Because if SJ were totally innocent in this, why wouldn't she be throwing Jerice under the bus and playing up the grieving granny routine so she could get the kids (and the $$$) back?

The above is just my opinion and theory...I am not accusing SJ of anything or saying I have any evidence that it is true.

This certainly wouldn't surprise me one little bit. She knows what her daughter is capable of, and it seems they didn't have a good relationship. Why else would she be defending her so vehemently?

This certainly wouldn't surprise me one little bit. She knows what her daughter is capable of, and it seems they didn't have a good relationship. Why else would she be defending her so vehemently?

IMHO...

While it's possible SJ had a role in hiding Jhessye's body.....I don't personally think that's why she's defending Jerice so defiantly.

SJ built up a front that she's trying to protect, and she has a career to save. She can't allow Jerice to be a murdering egg donor because of what that says about Shirley Johnson, and her own actions concerning the way Jerice was raised, and the way she felt about her own grandchildren.
She also knows that it was wrong of her to ditch those children the way she did, knowing that Jerice was an abusive parent. She was selfish and cold,unconcerned for the welfare of those children, and probably legally liable for allowing them to be placed with a convicted child abuser.

Shirley is out to save Shirley. That's her mission right now.... not helping Jerice, and not caring about the surviving children. None of this would've happened if Shirley had had any concerns about anyone else.

Grandmother of missing Shockley girl tried to 'reunite' family
http://www.kpho.com/story/16161180/how-did-jerice-get-kids-back

So will Johnson be held accountable for putting the kids back in the same home as Hunter? Right now, she's not facing any charges. But she's not necessarily off the hook.

"This case is under investigation right now, and when we get to a charging decision, we will look at entirety of evidence at hand," said Montgomery.

Grandmother of missing Shockley girl tried to 'reunite' family
http://www.kpho.com/story/16161180/how-did-jerice-get-kids-back

So will Johnson be held accountable for putting the kids back in the same home as Hunter? Right now, she's not facing any charges. But she's not necessarily off the hook.

"This case is under investigation right now, and when we get to a charging decision, we will look at entirety of evidence at hand," said Montgomery.

I think whether or not she will face charges will depend on whatever the adoption/custody papers said.

If she fully adopted them with no constraints regarding Jerice having custody or unsupervised visits with them, then I'm not sure if they can legally do anything.

However, if it was made clear that Jerice was not to have unsupervised contact/visits with them nor were they to live with her again, then - I don't see how there can *not* charge her.

Jerice' childhood and family growing up, was just one big simmering caldron of dysfunction. If what Jerice states is true, I feel sorry for the child she was and the abuse she had to endure. But I hate the woman who stands before us today for what she did to Jhessye. I'm not sure she can be fixed, ever.

snipped....

I am not one for revealing personal things on an internet forum, and I am usually intensively private....but I just have to speak to this.

I was abused by my mother, both physically and mentally, for most of my childhood. When she was in her 70's, as a much changed person, she apologized to me and asked for forgiveness because she wanted me to be free from my anger and confusion about our relationship. Eventually we reached the point of a cautious friendship. She was a wonderful grandmother, and never once even raised her voice to her grandchildren. I'm not really sure what healed inside of her, or how it happened, but she did make a significant improvement in her life, and in her behavior. I was thankful for it.
She would never, ever have defended me if I had taken her path, and been abusive to my children.
Luckily, I have never even been tempted to harm my children. I never spanked them, and chose to use other methods of discipline. My children were never, ever scared of me, but they did respect me. People often comment on my patience and ability to connect with kids. I have such love and empathy for children because I know how fragile and vulnerable they really are. What may seem like no big deal to a grown up can really be hurtful to a child. My kids are very close to me, and they come to me with all their problems and triumphs and news, even though 2 are in college and one is a senior in high school. I have the relationship with my children that I wish I'd had with my mother.
A person can choose to be different. If it takes counseling and re-learning how to relate to your family...so be it. I would never have allowed myself to make my children live through what I did for so many years. I had a lot of anger towards my Mom, but I just wanted to be a different kind of parent. I chose to educate myself on child development, and to learn how to be a happy person so that I could have happy children. I suffered through a divorce, and I was a single Mom for 16 years. But my kids did not ever bear the brunt of my stress as I struggled to work and raise children. We had a lot of fun, and we enjoyed life. My kids have happy memories of growing up, for the most part. The divorce was awful, but we all survived intact.

I am sorry that Jerice suffered as a child. But she could've taken a different approach to her life. It is possible to break the cycle. I don't know how I did it...but I did, so I know it can be done. Maybe it's because when I knew I wanted to have children, I also knew that I could not bring them into this world and then allow myself to abuse them. I would've died first. I made the choice to do it right. Jerice had that same option.
If she suffered as a child....then why on earth did she not want a better life for her children? If I had been unable to mother my children in a loving way, I would've given them up to someone who would. Jerice could've done that. She could've limited the number of children she had to reduce her stress level. She could've asked for help. There are so many ways she could have done the right thing. She could've avoided having children at all if she was still struggling with anger.

As an adult, Jerice had the power to control her life that she didn't have as a child. She obviously chose not to use it to make her life better. She used her power to become an abuser just like her mother, and I find that unforgivable.
The cycle does not have to repeat itself. It could've stopped with her.

Beautifully said...thank you.

Shirley says Jhessye's siblings were removed from the home and placed in Foster care because of racism. Baby Lisa's siblings weren't removed, she says.

Missing Jhessye Shockley's family speaks - YouTube

Yawn.
IMO, she should never fix her lips..to say anything about racism. She and her daughter went on a public rampage...deflecting guilt..in the name of racism, telling any reporter, local..and nationally about this same thing. They even "set up" a march to further carry on the charade... deflecting..accusing and shrilling about how, they aren't being treated fairly because of their color.
All the while...Jerice..knew...what she did to Jhessye, and I suspect her mom did as well. it's disgusting. I stumbled upon an AA board where this is a hot subject..nobody there was supporting her lies, in fact they were asking where is Al Sharpton now.

I would not be attending or supporting in any way a church that takes up for a child abuser over her child, marries a sex offender that sexually abuses her child, and then has a daughter come up missing AND has any part in recruiting an attorney for her, let alone trying to raise bail money for her. MOO

Nothing bugs me more in a church (community or setting) than blindness by choice. blech

IMHO...

While it's possible SJ had a role in hiding Jhessye's body.....I don't personally think that's why she's defending Jerice so defiantly.

SJ built up a front that she's trying to protect, and she has a career to save. She can't allow Jerice to be a murdering egg donor because of what that says about Shirley Johnson, and her own actions concerning the way Jerice was raised, and the way she felt about her own grandchildren.
She also knows that it was wrong of her to ditch those children the way she did, knowing that Jerice was an abusive parent. She was selfish and cold,unconcerned for the welfare of those children, and probably legally liable for allowing them to be placed with a convicted child abuser.

Shirley is out to save Shirley. That's her mission right now.... not helping Jerice, and not caring about the surviving children. None of this would've happened if Shirley had had any concerns about anyone else.

ITA. And that's why I think it's possible that she helped at least financially - it was blackmail by Jerice, and Shirley didn't want the ugly little secret getting out.

Case archive:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jhessye Shockley -AZ-/

Surprisingly not many hits on this album, well not as many as the usual albums when news happens.

Anyone is welcome to share the link.

Question: Was there a new set of documents released yesterday, and if yes, what is that link, and I thank you for all the help here with links and facts.

Thank you for your excellent work keeping all things organized, it's so hard to look at all the pictures of that beautiful smile, on such an adorable little girl fearing that most likely something horrible happened to her at the hands of the one who gave her life (now confirmed by the other children in the home). Her "mother" reminds me of another spiteful beotch we got to know way too well.

On a side note: Jhessye Shockley -AZ- :: 11/28/11 Attorney Scott Maasen is representing Jerice video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket

11/29/11 Scott Maasen defends the abusive mother with the only good thing he can actually say about <her>: She is "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" under the law.

You gotta love an honest defense attorney, if that's the nicest thing he can say about his client she's in deep doodoo.

Someone verified to be Jerice's mom by the cousins on FB posted that she was going to get custody of the new gbaby ASAP - this was a week or so back, I hope she's since be "enlightened".

Hopefully that baby is never returned to either of these two women!

If this is true..I'm done. I will have to be, I don't think.... I can take it.....:sick:

The behavior of these two reminds me of the Anthony's, "AZ style". Cindy couldn't pull a race card (but tried just about everything else including incompetent police/SODDI) - Shirley and Jerice pull the race card which is really nothing more than deflection (incompetent police work/SODDI).

I didn't buy it the first time and won't buy it this time. Jerice knows where Jhessey is and she can stop this at anytime. I hope I'm wrong but I sure am seeing a lot of fallout since the Pinellis 12 failed Caylee - Baby Lisa, SKY, Aliayah (feel like I'm forgetting someone). I hope all those responsible are held to answer and convicted.

:cow: :cow:

Can anyone recommend a local reporter who has covered Jessica's case from the beginning? I hate to contact a reporter I know nothing about. I'm looking for a guest for Sunday's radio show.

Thanks,
Tricia.

AWW guys-I was thinking about Jhessye today as my DH and I are decorating our house as the gingerbread house this yr- with lots of pretend candy and I was wishing she was here to help us or even see it..she would have loved all the purple gumdrops and lollipops we made!!! I can see her running around and saying she was a good girl this yr and Santa was going to bring her lots of new toys...
Jhessye darling,I wish you were here and I will put a special gumdrop on the house with the letter J on it just for you!!!

IMHO...

You nailed it EllaMae. Shirley is no dummy, if this goes to trial all that dirty laundry of hers is going to be flailing about, like a flag in a windstorm.

Regardless, I still think she will face some sort of consequences for her action in giving the children back to Jerice.

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. You're an exceptional person EllaMae. Hugs to you!

Was this posted already? This is what our legal friends were alluding to, I think! Makes me feel a hell of a lot better!!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...stigation-continues.html?page=1#ixzz1fJs7XQtI

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery (pictured) says prosecutors didn't charge Hunter for a strategic reason.

If the Glendale woman were indicted on a child-abuse charge, it could create a situation of double jeopardy if prosecutors later pursued a felony murder case against her, he said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...stigation-continues.html?page=1#ixzz1fJvQf1KP

Can anyone recommend a local reporter who has covered Jessica's case from the beginning? I hate to contact a reporter I know nothing about. I'm looking for a guest for Sunday's radio show.

Thanks,
Tricia.

Kim Covington- 1st Choice
http://www.azcentral.com/12news/bios/articles/bio_kim_covington-CR.html
http://www.facebook.com/Kim.Covington.12News
Kim Covington
&#8206;@ASU Cronkite School of Journalism Ethics class speaking to honors students about my reporting in the Jhessey Shockley missing girl story that I've been covering for the last month and a half.

Donna Rossi- 2nd Choice
donna.rossi@kpho.com

Both have covered this story extensively-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads