Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #3 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that the reason for her release - the lack of charges? How then did they keep her too long without charges? How long did they have to file them?

ETA Holy shiznit!

She was arrested on Monday, November 21 st and released on November 28 th without being charged

Maasen says, under Arizona law, 48 hours is the maximum a suspect can be held without officials charges.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-jhessye-shockley-wants-answers#ixzz1fPtqoQO7

If this woman ends up getting off on the murder of this poor baby because LE and the CA couldn't decide what the heck they wanted to do - I will lose it!

I think that screw-up would only apply to the child abuse arrest wouldn't it?

Attorney: Mother of missing Glendale girl subject of threats
http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-ne...-of-missing-glendale-girl-subject-of-threats/
"(Jerice Hunter) has had people come up to her and threaten her,” Scottsdale-based attorney Scott Maasen said. “She’s had neighbors, people that she sees at store (approach her). People continually follow her around.”

Too bad. Jerice is not the victim here. She's a child abuser, and most likely she murdered her own child. She deserves the scorn and outrage of her community.

I hope they have a better reason for not searching the landfill than saving money. I have never been as heartbroken over an abuse case as I have this one. Those beautiful pictures from her first years of life show such joy and innocence it is unbearable thinking about what Jerice did to her. She needs to be found so her beautiful little soul can be honored and acknowledged. That's the least the state of Arizona that failed her so miserably can do.

This case has been incredibly painful as it has unfolded.

Jhessye had such a charming little face. She captured my heart right away.

I wish we could all go back in time and save her.

Why didn't they file any charges? I hope those kids remain in foster care and she has NO contact with them. They must be terrified.

Those children will be terrified, on some level, until they are grown up, and can control their own lives. Then they will know they are safe from Jerice, and that she will never be able to abuse them again.

She could have been sold...I don't know how Jerice could have gotten rid of the body without a car and NO witnesses. That's the part that I can't get past.

She snuck out prior to the 6:00 AM shopping expedition, and put Jhessye in a dumpster. Maybe one in her apt. complex, but farthest away from her front door.
I don't remember if she walked to Walgreen's or not. But if she did....she could've done it on the way there as well.

I can't see her being close enough to anyone else to have an accomplice.

Those children will be terrified, on some level, until they are grown up, and can control their own lives. Then they will know they are safe from Jerice, and that she will never be able to abuse them again.

I hope not EllaMae
icon9.gif

My prayers are that these children receive intensive therapy and are placed in a loving home with adults who are experienced in this type of childhood trauma. Grandma Shirley can pound sand, too little and WAY too late!!
icon8.gif

I hope they have a better reason for not searching the landfill than saving money.[/B] I have never been as heartbroken over an abuse case as I have this one. Those beautiful pictures from her first years of life show such joy and innocence it is unbearable thinking about what Jerice did to her. She needs to be found so her beautiful little soul can be honored and acknowledged. That's the least the state of Arizona that failed her so miserably can do.

Glendale Sergeant Brent Coombs says police no longer expect to find any investigative leads in the landfill, and are no longer preserving an area of the dump they expected to at some point search.

'From the beginning of the investigation the holding and potential searching of these areas was contingent upon where the facts of the investigation lead our investigators," Coombs says. "It is based on these facts that investigators feel it no longer necessary to hold the areas of the Glendale Landfill."

Authorities say they don't expect to find the girl alive. Shockley's mother, Jerice Hunter -- who spent four years in a California prison for abusing her other children -- is the "number one focus" of the investigation into the girl's disappearance, according to authorities.

In the weeks following Shockley's disappearance, Glendale police cordoned off a section of the landfill in anticipation that they might need to search through the debris. Police now say they never searched the landfill and they no longer plan to, despite telling reporters last week a search of the landfill was expected.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/12/jhessye_shockley_disappearance.php

Attorney for mother of Jhessye Shockley wants answers
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-for-mother-of-jhessye-shockley-wants-answers

I want answers and right now I have nothing” said Scott Maasen at a 9pm news conference he called in front of the 4th Avenue Jail in Phoenix.

“I have no police report, I have no witness statements, and they are not playing by the rules,” he said.

Maasen says the lack of cooperation from authorities goes beyond that. He says they violated Hunter’s rights by keeping her in jail too long without charging her.

Neither has his client or her Mother!!

"The timing of [the arrest] certainly is unusual," he continues. "Was it coincidental that it happened right before Thanksgiving, when a lot of people have time off and are watching TV and reading the papers?"

"I haven't seen a shred of physical evidence at all," Maasen says. "[Hunter's arrest] was based upon the 6, the 9, and the 13-year-olds' statements only. There is nothing else that I've seen to corroborate those statements.
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/12/jerice_hunter_attorney_timing.php
Really? Is this the best Maasen can come up with? The timing was based on receiving and recording the statements given by the siblings. The forensic search happened simultaneous to her arrest. How does that not make sense? It was new evidence in the investigation. Had nothing to do with Thanksgiving { shaking my head }.

He may also regret saying they have no other physical (forensic) evidence. LE said they are waiting on results. I have a hard time believing that Jerice could remove every trace of Jhessye from that closet.

Sorry if I missed this...has AMW aired with Jhessye's story?

Glendale Sergeant Brent Coombs says police no longer expect to find any investigative leads in the landfill, and are no longer preserving an area of the dump they expected to at some point search.

'From the beginning of the investigation the holding and potential searching of these areas was contingent upon where the facts of the investigation lead our investigators," Coombs says. "It is based on these facts that investigators feel it no longer necessary to hold the areas of the Glendale Landfill."

Authorities say they don't expect to find the girl alive. Shockley's mother, Jerice Hunter -- who spent four years in a California prison for abusing her other children -- is the "number one focus" of the investigation into the girl's disappearance, according to authorities.

In the weeks following Shockley's disappearance, Glendale police cordoned off a section of the landfill in anticipation that they might need to search through the debris. Police now say they never searched the landfill and they no longer plan to, despite telling reporters last week a search of the landfill was expected.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/12/jhessye_shockley_disappearance.php

Maybe the problem is that they cordoned off the section of the landfill for Oct 11 and 12 (IIRC), but they now believe she was dead by Oct 9. :(

I apologize if this has already been posted and I missed it.

Latest Jhessye Shockley News Means Missing Child May Never Be Found
Posted by Jeanne Sager on November 22, 2011 at 11:39 AM

In fact, Hunter, who has a chilling background of abusing her own kids, which kept her in prison in California for three years of Jhessye's life, has refused to take a polygraph test and police say she's been uncooperative. She's spent much of her time criticizing the media for racist reporting and the police department for mishandling her daughter's case.

As a mother, it's that last part that bothers me perhaps most of all. Those cops she's bashing are the people who have her child's life in their hands. If -- heaven forbid -- I were in such an awful situation, I daresay I'd be doing back-flips to make their jobs easier. It would be "yes sir, no sir, how can I help you sir" as I did everything in my power to make sure they're putting 100 percent of their efforts on finding my baby. Hunter's attacks on the very people who are working to find her kid reek of a mom with a guilty conscience trying to make herself feel better.

If she couldn't help the investigation when she was on the outside, do you really think Jerice Hunter is going to lead cops to little Jhessye from inside a cell?

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/129193/latest_jhessye_shockley_news_means

Azlawyer, a few days shouldn't make a big difference in terms of where the waste was placed/being searchable. But any more than that would not be feasible based on a wasteflow of 1,000/tpd. I just looked it up and hadn't realized the landfill received that much waste.

If Jerice walks, because evidence is contained in that landfill and is not recoverable. I may just quit reading and posting at Websleuths. I honestly just can't stand to think of another murdering their beautiful child and getting away with it.

Maasen did not say what action he may take against authorities, but said they are trying this case in the media, even though, technically, there is no case.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-jhessye-shockley-wants-answers#ixzz1fRRJBL5N

With this press release it seems this is just what you are wanting to do, Scott.

Respectfully snipped for space
BBM
Attorney for mother of Jhessye Shockley wants answers
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-for-mother-of-jhessye-shockley-wants-answers
I want answers and right now I have nothing” said Scott Maasen at a 9pm news conference he called in front of the 4th Avenue Jail in Phoenix.

“I have no police report, I have no witness statements, and they are not playing by the rules,” he said.
Really? C'mon! I want answers, too, Scott. I want to know what the h happened to Jhessye and where the h Jerice put her. Jerice isn't playing by my rules, the rules of truth, respect and honesty, either and she wanted to play mommy.

Attorney: Mother of missing Glendale girl subject of threats
http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-ne...-of-missing-glendale-girl-subject-of-threats/
"(Jerice Hunter) has had people come up to her and threaten her,” Scottsdale-based attorney Scott Maasen said. “She’s had neighbors, people that she sees at store (approach her). People continually follow her around.”
I'm not going to lie. I expect vigilante justice in this towards Jerice and maybe even her mom, and as bad as I loathe these women I hope it doesn't happen. It will do nothing to help little Jhessye, and may even make it worse by others feeling sorry for and coming to Jerice's and or Shirley's aid. I say let LE take care of them.

She was arrested on Monday, November 21 st and released on November 28 th without being charged

Maasen says, under Arizona law, 48 hours is the maximum a suspect can be held without officials charges.

If this woman ends up getting off on the murder of this poor baby because LE and the CA couldn't decide what the heck they wanted to do - I will lose it!
I will be joining you on losing it. To me it almost seems as if they're backing off to keep her attorney from filing some sort of charges against them. She's going to regardless. We all should have known that when momma started playing the race card. Ugh!

I have been freaking out with worry over what will happen to those children. If Jerice and Shirley really loved them, they would hopefully love them enough to let them go. Hopefully the childre end up some place safe until adulthood where they will get the love and care that is seems Jhessye had for those years Jerice was in prison. I'm scared and not feeling to trusting toward how this may very well play out.

I'm hoping there is a special place in hell for the people who hurt children and the attorneys that defended them sitting right there glued to their side.

MMO

She was such a beautiful soul, and was surrounded by such ugliness. I can only hope that she will come back next time being born into the most loving nurturing family. :rose:

We are so sorry Sweet girl. We all failed you this time.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...girl-case-investigation-continues.html?page=3

Scott Maasen said Hunter has been unfairly convicted in the press and expressed concerns with the reported admissions from the Glendale woman's children.

"I have some questions about how often they were interviewed, who they were interviewed by. Kids sometimes say things that aren't truthful," Maasen said. "Sometimes kids see something and perceive something differently than reality."

:furious: The oldest child is thirteen! A thirteen-year-old can discern reality from fantasy! The only reason an innocent child would tell anything other than the truth is fear. Once the children were out of the clutches of JH, they had no reason to fear. I hope they continue to feel safe. But, if JH is allowed to go free, how can they ever feel truly safe? It makes me so angry that Maasen cares nothing about the safety and emotional well-being of Jhessye's siblings, and that he would try to cast doubt on their testimonies. :pullhair:

I think AZLawyer may have a point that Jhessye had passed on prior to Oct. 12. I also think that it may be possible that Jerice dismembered her (I am so sorry to be so gruesome). I think that could be why Jerice was bleaching her shoes because blood had dripped on them. I think she might have dismembered Jhessye's body in order to make sure that the parts were too small to be discovered.

I also wanted to mention the landfills. Jerice's apartment was/is on the Glendale/Phoenix border. Iirc, it's very close to 43rd Avenue and Glendale Road. If a person walks down the east side of 43rd, they are in Phoenix. If they go down the west side, they are in the city of Glendale. If Jerice did use a dumpster, she could have easily used one in Phoenix, it would have been a very short walk in fairly nice weather.
As near as I can tell, each city uses a different landfill. Actually, it looks like Phoenix uses two:

Glendale landfill info, including map of Glendale's borders: http://www.glendaleaz.com/publicworks/landfill/maps.cfm
It says, "The Glendale Municipal Landfill is located north of the Glendale Airport and just east of the Agua Fria River at 11480 W. Glendale Avenue. "

Phoenix landfill information:
http://phoenix.gov/publicworks/garbage/disposable/index.html

LE must have good reason to believe that the landfill they secured did not contain Jhessye. The timing was off, Jerice lied, and had a head start on LE.
I really have a hard time thinking about this case, about what hell Jhessye had to endure. Jerice must have known that neighbors wouldn't call 911 if they heard screams. Maybe they were used to it. Maybe they "didn't want to get involved". It could be the old adage of see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. I cannot imagine how someone could continuously ignore Jhessye's screams.
I believe that Jerice is not going to confess, nor will she answer any further questions from LE. The silent treatment worked for someone else.
The iffy-ness about the landfill - There is an off-chance that Jerice found someone with a vehice to dispose of Jhessye some place far from her home.

Another thought, bad, really bad - would Jerice get pregnant so she can't be expected to submit to a LDT.

I hope Jhessye's sisters are getting some professional help, and that they will be protected from evil, namely Jerice and Shirley.

Mothers are supposed to protect their children. It is getting so bad I wonder if FCA set off dormant murderous thoughts that finally broke through to some parents.

IMHO

O/T sort of...and I hope this is OK to post.

This afternoon I plan to do some shopping, and one important thing is on my list.

Every year I pick a child from the Angel Tree, and I buy Christmas gifts for that child. I think this year I will find a little girl who is Jhessye's age, and I will try to make her Christmas a happy one in Jhessye's honor. I can't help our little Butterfly Princess, but I can help another child in this small way.

It would be nice if any of you who are able to do so would pick a child from the Angel Tree also to honor the children that have been lost like Jhessye, Shaniya, Aliayah, Kyron or Skye....these sweet little souls who should still be here waiting for Santa.

It helps me to think that when there is so much evil in this world,that we can do something to cancel it out. I can't think of a better way to send goodness out into the world than by helping an innocent child have a few gifts under the tree. These children would have nothing for Christmas if not for The Angel Trees. So many of those kids have suffered like the children whose cases we have follwed here at WS.

It's my way of not allowing Jerice's evil to completely overshadow that beautiful little girl she destroyed.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...girl-case-investigation-continues.html?page=3

Scott Maasen said Hunter has been unfairly convicted in the press and expressed concerns with the reported admissions from the Glendale woman's children.

"I have some questions about how often they were interviewed, who they were interviewed by. Kids sometimes say things that aren't truthful," Maasen said. "Sometimes kids see something and perceive something differently than reality."

:furious: The oldest child is thirteen! A thirteen-year-old can discern reality from fantasy! The only reason an innocent child would tell anything other than the truth is fear. Once the children were out of the clutches of JH, they had no reason to fear. I hope they continue to feel safe. But, if JH is allowed to go free, how can they ever feel truly safe? It makes me so angry that Maasen cares nothing about the safety and emotional well-being of Jhessye's siblings, and that he would try to cast doubt on their testimonies. :pullhair:

Yes, let's blame the siblings, as if they haven't been through enough...

I am very interested in hearing what Jerice's innocent parenting practices were like so that the children could have perceived it as if she was torturing Jhessye to death in a closet.

Just mindboggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member