Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #3 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If any guests from the "Where is Jhessye Shockley???" facebook page are reading here, please sign up and join us in our discussion.

Websleuths is a victim friendly site and we would love to have your input :seeya:

I have been poking around over there the last day or so. Hoping to figure out the lay of the land and what sort of posters we were dealing with. There are some family members there reading (from the cousins who raised Jhessye side). I haven't posted a link to WS over there tho as I was not sure if it would be appreciated by management.

For what its worth, there are some pretty good, measured posters who would make great WS additions. Along with a couple of salty language posters, who might have trouble curbing their enthusiasm but are certainly passionate :)

just wanted to say, you are on it today knox. Thanks for all the good sleuthing and links you have provided.

The suitcase we saw being removed from the apartment shows us LE is looking for evidence to show how Jhessye was taken out of that apartment. I can't see Jerice keeping whatever she was transported in, but then again ...

I hope they took any plastic bags Jerice had in that apartment for comparison. Speaking of that, if the kids were raking leaves in the backyard that day I wonder if they put them into plastic bags?

I am a long time reader (lurker) here but this is actually my first post. :) I do wish it was under better circumstances, though, but glad to be here.

Anyway, I wanted to say, we keep our suitcases in our closets here. Maybe they did the same? So maybe she wasn't actually in the suitcase but it was in the closet with her? Just a thought.

I am a long time reader (lurker) here but this is actually my first post. :) I do wish it was under better circumstances, though, but glad to be here.

Anyway, I wanted to say, we keep our suitcases in our closets here. Maybe they did the same? So maybe she wasn't actually in the suitcase but it was in the closet with her? Just a thought.

:welcome:

Welcome, MysteryMama! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to join us... :seeya:

Welcome to posting MysteryMama! Great point about the suitcase. Glad you finally came out of lurk mode to join the convesation.

Wow...I live in a very similar area (in Minnesota, not Arizona). Lots of fast food restaurants, Walgreens, Kmart, grocery store, bars and a bus station all within a mile or so from my apartment. I also live near a main street for the city bus. It isn't unusual AT ALL to see people wheeling luggage around. Not common, but it wouldn't stand out, either. The bus has a departure that heads out at 7 am or something, so someone walking around with a suitcase at 6 am probably wouldn't raise any eyebrows.

It IS weird that she went to Walgreens to get the bleach instead of the grocery store, but all of us have weird shopping patterns. I go to Kmart to buy Tide instead of the grocery store, even though the grocery store is next to the laundromat. It's just my habit. It doesn't have to make sense. :)

BBM.
Fwiw, here's some info/opinions on Food City. It is a local chain that caters primarily to the Hispanic market. The stores are generally on the smaller side, with not a large selection of merchandise such as detergents, bleaches, shampoos, etc. Some of them also prepare their deli/restaurant items fresh on the premises.
Personally, I would never think of going to Food City for bleach, I would definitely go to Walgreens. However, if I wanted to dispose of a body, I would definitely think of their dumpsters because Food City processes a lot of raw meats and foods, like cooking their own pork rinds, making their own sausage, etc, instead of buying them from a wholesale supplier. As gruesome as it sounds, a body probably would probably fit right in with the waste from a Food City store.

would love to take a moment to invite our other guests lurking down there :wave: to join Websleuths and join the convesation. Who knows what valuable insights we are missing out on because ya'll are just lurking?

some of the FB page members are trying to join WS to participate in Jhessye's thread and having problems with registering their emails. Trying to help them figure out why they are having troubles getting registered.

some of the FB page members are trying to join WS to participate in Jhessye's thread and having problems with registering their emails. Trying to help them figure out why they are having troubles getting registered.

I believe websleuths doesn't allow free emails to join because of some spam issues

I had that same problem trying to register. Ended up having to contact a mod and they helped me bypass that.

Jerice Hunter had her initial appearance in court Tuesday, where prosecutors revealed that Hunter never legally obtained custody of her children, following her release from prison.

Hunter was convicted of child abuse in California several years ago, then moved to Arizona.

"At the time of those convictions she had her parental rights severed and her children taken away," the prosecutor said. "She did get those children back. Not legally, but from her mother."

http://www.kpho.com/story/16106204/arrested-mother-should-have-never-had-kids-prosecutor-says
I just keep going back to this and scratching my head. Why would Shirley, the very person who turned Jerice in for the child abuse in 2005, give the children back to her? Illegally, no less?

Does anyone know what Shirley's middle name is or even what her legal name is? I have seen reference to a couple of names.

ETA- My link doesn't hold the search terms. Use this link to search ... http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=RN&p_qte_pgm_code=7800
And this is the company she is employed by, CPMC - http://www.cpmc.org/

thanks so much mem. They have contacted admin so hopefully they will get it worked out.

I hate to be thinking along these lines, but could it be possible that the reason that the landfill hasn't been searched is because of possible dismemberment by Jerice? Maybe Jerice visited more than one dumpster? (Typing those words out made me sick to my stomach, but imo, Jerice seems capable of such a heinous act.)

sorry knox, the link is not working. I have seen, as I am sure you have as well, that some AZ family members report that Shirley has used other names.

I don't think welfare is a very good source of income, is it? I mean, I lost my job last year and looked into it...it was something like $400 for my son and me, plus I had to look for a job 20 hours a week and attend these classes about how to look for a job. (I lost a white collar job...they were talking to people who were-honest to god-getting out of prison or whatever) I thankfully got another job pretty quickly but-I don't know how that would be worth it. And I think that "huge amount" was only for four months. Then it went down to $300 or something. I mean...that's not even going to pay my rent.

You're right, it's not a good source of income. But the more kids you have, the more you get paid. And if you are not actually using your funds to provide for the kids in your care, then you have even more. I know California pays a lot more than what you received. AZ probably does too, but I'm not sure.

And food stamps are added on top of the welfare cash. Of course, a person like Jerice can find all sorts of other way to "earn" money on top of what she receives.

her welfare would be lowered, however because it is doubtful that she, as a felon, would have been able to collect any for herself personally, just for her kids. And it does look like her mother might have been collecting and sending funds her way. I don't think she was getting a cut, however. With five or six kids, Jerice was probably getting about $950.00 thereabouts, per month, not including food stamps. That's not a lot to split and Jerice is unemployed, while apparently her mother is a nurse? No, I don't think taking a cut would be the reason Shirley would have funneled funds to Jerice.

The only thing that would have been better is if she could have had that vegetable bread that some prison served inmates who were in solitary. I like that they only get two meals. It will keep her hungry. I wish they could starve her, but I guess that would be inhumane. Too bad 'bout that.

Seeing Jerice's "attitude" in motion, I have a feeling it won't be too long before she's getting that nutra loaf! Man, she's going to find out that prison in AZ is much different than in CA. No "luxuries" there. That makes me happy.

I wonder if JH's parents don't believe their daughter is innocent so much as they're afraid of their own skeletons spilling out of the closet. I get the feeling JH is a product of her environment.

Exactly. I have been thinking that Shirley likely raised her daughter the way her daughter "raised" her own kids - with plenty of beatings. Admitting to herself that her daughter is a child abusing monster is to admit that she raised that monster and that her monster child patterned her parenting skills after Shirley's. So, to accuse Jerice is kind of to accuse Shirley, in Shirley's mind.

Considering JH was receiving welfare funds for each child, I'm wondering what prompted JH to report Jhessye missing. She could have continued to receive those funds for Jhessye while making excuses for Jhessye's absence from school and from the home...such as claiming Jhessye went to live with her grandmother or one of many other relatives. That would not work for CPS, so I wonder if CPS had been in the home recently. I remember some discussion a while back about the cousins reporting recent abuse to CPS, but wasn't that a few months ago? Might the school have become suspicious of JH's claim that J was being kept home b/c she had ringworm, and reported their suspicions to CPS? If CPS had been in the home since J's alleged demise or just prior to J's disappearance and they planned a follow-up visit, this may have prompted JH to dispose of incriminating evidence, even if it meant taking a cut in welfare (the lesser of two "evils" when facing imprisonment for child abuse/murder).

Does anyone remember reading about when CPS last visited the home?

If Shirley is charged with something in conjunction with either giving the kids back to Jerice illegally, or forwarding her welfare monies collected in California. I do believe she can have her nursing license revoked or suspended?

CPS spoke to the children in Aprill 2011 after receiving a report from Ms. Hightower (a family member) that she suspected the children were being beaten. The CPS investigator asked the children if they were being abused and according to her report they denied any abuse. The case was subsequently closed with no followup. It is unclear if the investigation ever went so far as a home visit. :(

It is equally unclear if Jerice was receiving assistance for the children through AZ DHS. It is speculated that she was receiving aid for Jhessye through AZ and through CA via monies received by her mother, Shirley Johnson, who CPS in CA thought still had the older children. But that is all speculation and nothing official has been released about the specifics of what aid from what agencies may have been received by Jerice and how that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member