Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #5 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 1) He was trying to sound intelligent, and failed miserably. Maybe that's why Jerice is smiling ... she doesn't realize he's speaking nonsense and pretends that it all makes sense to her.
2) He's trying to make it sound like this case is all just a big misunderstanding and it can be settled out-of-court. Obviously, Maasen doesn't know the meaning of the word extensive. Maybe someone should explain to him the meaning of murder, too. If he's going to insist that Jhessye is still alive somewhere, then he'd better come up with a live Jhessye REAL QUICK!

3) he's going to try and delay it as much as he can.

Haven't been able to be here in awhile. Coming back to this news about Jerice arrested makes my day!

Justice for Jhessye!

Does anyone else think Maasen looked really nervous in that video? I noticed some facial tics.

He also reminds me of a heavier John Mark Carr...The guy who "confessed" to killing JonBenet.

3) he's going to try and delay it as much as he can.

Yeh. He's obviously unprepared. When I first read those statements, I thought Maasen was using "extensive" as a noun and it didn't make sense, but when I re-read that part of the sentence correctly, the rest of the sentence didn't make sense. I guess he's stumbling over words not so much because he's trying to sound intelligent but because he's trying to sound confident and competent. I don't think he expected the case to proceed when Jhessye's body wasn't found in the landfill. He downplayed the eye-witness testimony of Jhessye's siblings and has ignored the DNA evidence removed from the home. Now, he's been caught off guard; he's overwhelmed by the severity and extent of charges against Jerice.

I'm sure Jhessye's siblings have been kept away from the media, but oh how I wish they could see and hear that video of Maasen and be assured they have nothing to fear in the courtroom.

This case breaks my heart. I pray full justice is served and this monster is locked away for the rest of her life. Rest in Heaven precious angel.

Initial Pretrial Conference-November 1, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

I was thinking about Jodi Arias and her case, for those who want to know more about her case it can be found here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85659&page=28

Jodi is charged with 1st Degree Murder in the death of Travis Alexander. I followed the case before I joined Websleuths, she is from a town in Northern Cali that my in-laws live close too. Anyway, my point is; Jodi was arrested in July 2008. The case STILL has not went to trial.

AZLawyer can you please give us your opinion on the length of time it could take for this case to come to trial?

Initial Pretrial Conference-November 1, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

I was thinking about Jodi Arias and her case, for those who want to know more about her case it can be found here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85659&page=28

Jodi is charged with 1st Degree Murder in the death of Travis Alexander. I followed the case before I joined Websleuths, she is from a town in Northern Cali that my in-laws live close too. Anyway, my point is; Jodi was arrested in July 2008. The case STILL has not went to trial.

AZLawyer can you please give us your opinion on the length of time it could take for this case to come to trial?

If she demands a speedy trial, it could be....well....speedy. ;) Otherwise I would estimate 1 to 2 years for this case.

ETA: Many murder cases take much longer--but I'm assuming there is less evidence to deal with here. No body to be examined, forensic evidence should not be new or controversial methods, etc.

Just bumping this thread to say Jhessye has not been forgotten here. Justice is coming, maybe slowly, but it's coming.

Jhessye Shockley tragedy all too common in AZ

In Arizona, the deaths that occurred over the past 11 months included:

• A 2-month-old with a skull fracture
  • A 1-year-old who was beaten and starved
  • A 1-year-old left to die in a closet
  • A 2-year-old with 87 lesions and massive internal injuries
Many of the cases had similarities. Most victims were under the age of 1 and suffered physical abuse. Most of the parents were in their early 20s.

Murphy said some of the deaths were likely preventable, if the parents had reached out for parenting help, anger management or drug abuse treatment.

Those services have all seen cuts, as a result of tight state and local budgets.
http://www.kpho.com/story/19488879/jhessye-shockley-tragedy-all-too-common-in-az

Likely preventable?

How about the deaths of all children caused by abuse, are preventable. The next sentence also bothers me. Is this person implying that one or more of the "likely preventable" deaths was caused by a parent reaching out for help, which was not there, due to budget cuts? The telephone rang and no one was there to answer it?

I'm willing to bet the parents of the dead children discussed above, never asked for help. Just like jerice didn't ask.
icon9.gif

http://www.kpho.com/story/19488879/jhessye-shockley-tragedy-all-too-common-in-az

I know Knox, that comment is laughable. I am sure Ms Murphy's heart is in the right place but that was rather a silly, not well thought out, statement.

All child abuse is preventable.

I have a question or two for AZlawyer, or anyone else who can answer.

Since Jhessye's body wasn't recovered, I assume the case will be based upon witness testimony. Much of that testimony, I presume, will be from Jhessye's siblings. On the other hand, would they be called to testify against their own mother? Is that left up to the child?

If Jhessye's siblings do testify, would they have to testify in person (in court). I've heard of cases using video-taped testimony of young witnesses. Would that depend on their ages at the time of trial? Jhessye's one sister would be 14 now ... and will be 16 when the case goes to trial if it should take 2 years.

TIA

I know Knox, that comment is laughable. I am sure Ms Murphy's heart is in the right place but that was rather a silly, not well thought out, statement.

All child abuse is preventable.

You're right TL, as an advocate for abused children; I'm sure her heart is absolutely in the right place, and not in crunching stats or budget line items. I'm hyper sensitive to this type of article, and feel reporters who write them should be too. Particularly when they are attaching Jhessye's name to the tag line.

Tracey Breeden, spokeswoman with the Glendale Police Department, said they have forensic evidence in the case.

Breeden said additional information was provided after the first arrest that gave them a stronger case.

Breeden also said she could not go into further detail because she didn't want to jeopardize the case.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-jhessye-shockley-disappearance#ixzz284asAMYL

Nothing new, just bringing this forward.

I so hope the evidence is strong. This information gives me hope that despite the lack of remains, Jhessye will see justice done.

Thanks for bringing this forward again! I so want to speculate, but I'll sit on my hands and wait for the right time.

Justice is coming ...

Tracey Breeden, spokeswoman with the Glendale Police Department, said they have forensic evidence in the case.

Breeden said additional information was provided after the first arrest that gave them a stronger case.

Breeden also said she could not go into further detail because she didn't want to jeopardize the case.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-jhessye-shockley-disappearance#ixzz284asAMYL

Nothing new, just bringing this forward.

I so hope the evidence is strong. This information gives me hope that despite the lack of remains, Jhessye will see justice done.
this would most likely be that huge search of the apartment after the arrest right? I remember that :-( all the bags they carried out of there.

I know this sounds awful and there is no way to say it without seeming ghoulish but I know ya'll will understand my sentiment.

I pray some of the contents of that closet had irrefutable forensic evidence of HUMAN decomp on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire