Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #5 *J. Hunter guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT. 11: A mother reported her 5-year-old daughter, Jhessye Shockley (right), missing from her apartment near 45th and Glendale avenues. Police were unable to find Jhessye. Police have since said Jhessye's mother, Jerice Hunter, is the primary focus of their investigation into the girl's disappearance and that Jhessye's body was disposed in a Tempe trash bin days before she was reported missing. Resolution: The case remains open. Police are searching a landfill south of the Valley in hopes of finding Jhessye's remains.

Nothing new in the news. It is just jarring o see Jhessye listed as one of the homicides of 2011 statistics

:( http://www.azcentral.com/community/...0222glendale-arizona-homicide-cases-2011.html

OCT. 11: A mother reported her 5-year-old daughter, Jhessye Shockley (right), missing from her apartment near 45th and Glendale avenues. Police were unable to find Jhessye. Police have since said Jhessye's mother, Jerice Hunter, is the primary focus of their investigation into the girl's disappearance and that Jhessye's body was disposed in a Tempe trash bin days before she was reported missing. Resolution: The case remains open. Police are searching a landfill south of the Valley in hopes of finding Jhessye's remains.

Nothing new in the news. It is just jarring o see Jhessye listed as one of the homicides of 2011 statistics

:(
http://www.azcentral.com/community/...0222glendale-arizona-homicide-cases-2011.html

That's just so sad. That beautiful, charming little girl.....on such a list. It's depressing.

I hope Jerice ends up on a list....of convicted murderers confined to prison for the rest of their natural lives.

I do so appreciate those folks that search there in that stinking mess each day, looking for that sweet butterfly. I didn't mean to sound negative, I just want Jhessye to rest somewhere decent.

Thanks for keeping things positive, gang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if you guys have already heard this interview, it's new to me.

Flyers about two strange men in the neighborhood?

The reference to "Halloween" and his disbelief in Jhessye's siblings is the most appalling thing I have heard to date. It sounds like something the monster and her creator would say, but I expect an educated man to have more common sense. He easily could have said something like, "We are concerned about Jhessye's siblings and their well being, and don't wish to comment on their statements at this time". Way to go Maasen!!!!

http://legalprteam.com/blog3/2012/0...maasen-on-hln-talking-about-jhessye-shockley/

Jhessye was so far down I hoped for a brief moment she had been moved to "located". Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Investigators had a close call Friday in the search for missing 5-year-old Jhessye Shockley.

Searchers temporarily halted operations in the morning after finding bones in the landfill.

Tracey Breeden with the Glendale Police Department says they have a protocol for things like this, "We take digital photos of it and we send it to the MEO's office to be examined by a forensic anthropologist. Those pictures were evaluated and it was determined that they were animal remains, so our operations were continued."

http://ktar.com/6/1506158/Close-call-in-Shockley-search-at-landfill

much more at link: also says they will be working longer days starting next week (11.5 hour days) plus they are done evaluating about five cadaver dogs to see if they are able to work in the landfill type conditions to aid with the search.

Breeden said the officers remain hopeful and will likely deploy additional resources to the Mobile landfill in coming days.

Next week, police will extend their search time by about 90 minutes a day and may begin using cadaver dogs from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office to assist.

On Friday, dogs and handlers visited the landfill to assess whether they they could help the search team, Breeden said.

Police estimate it could take up to six weeks to sift through trash in the area where they believe Jhessye's body may be found. Authorities opted to search the landfill based on information that the 5-year-old's body was disposed in a Tempe trash bin and transported to the landfill in the days before the girl's mother reported her missing last October.

Police have said Jhessye's mother, Jerice Hunter, is the primary focus of their investigation.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...dfill-search-continues-brk.html#ixzz1nLQaGYML

----------

Bless their dedication to this task.

They are determined they are going to find this precious little girl's remains and I applaud them for that. I hope Jerice is shaking in her booties right now.

I have so much respect and admiration for GPD. If Jhessye isn't found, it won't be because they didn't do all they could to find her.
One of the many reasons I hope Jhessye is found is due to the tremendous effort put forth by the landfill searchers. They deserve to find her, and I know how much they care about that little girl. It would be nice to have their hard work and sacrifice rewarded with the ability to bring Jhessye home so she can be laid to rest with dignity and peace.

I am certain one reason LE wants so earnestly to find Jhessye's remains is so her siblings won't have to testify in Jerice's murder trial. Apparently, the location of Jhessye's remains is based upon the testimony of an adult who, I am supposing, drove Jerice to a dumpster in Tempe. If Jhessye's body is recovered based on this information, it will validate the credibility of the adult. Prosecutors can then base their case on the concrete knowledge that 1) Jhessye is deceased and 2) Jerice secreted and disposed of her body.

Since Jerice is still asserting that Jhessye is alive, the absence of a body will make the adult witness's testimony difficult to substantiate. The testimony of Jhessye's siblings would be needed to support the allegations that Jhessye is deceased. But, we know that Maasen will do his utmost to discredit the children's testimonies. Those poor children have gone through enough and having to testify will only cause them more emotional distress. I not only want Jhessye's remains to be found so that those who love her can find a measure of peace in giving her an honorable burial, but also to put an end to the nightmare her siblings have endured.

I don't remember now which poster told of the beautiful encounter she had with a butterfly, but the thought occurred to me: wouldn't it be so fitting if a lovely butterfly leads LE to Jhessye's remains in the landfill?

Great news that they are going to start using cadaver dogs and lengthen the searches each day. Sounds to me that they are confident. I am keeping the faith. Prayers to the searchers!!!!!!!

Good people continue to search for you, sweet Jhessye. You are often in my thoughts. Send out some butterflies to mark the place where you will be found.
Oh this must be prophetic. I accidentally scrolled up a few posts while I was thinking about beautiful Jhessye and her butterfly bows, and someone else said for Jhessye to send out a butterfly to aid the search for her. The searchers need all the help they can get. These brave souls are going to find you, Jhessye.

The system is broken. The state is broke. Work backlogs. I believe that if these cases were input into a computerized database that the paperwork problem should be quickly resolved. Why fill out a paper form and write out sentences. A checklist should cover most situations. Ensures that something of vital importance is not omitted. Both child protection services and welfare systems should be merged into a single nationwide database. Any aid, even foodstamps, should be in that database, along with social security numbers of the recipents of the "free" money and services. There are probably too many ways to report that a child and his/her family are fine and dandy. Too many ways to cheat the system by manipulators like Jhessye's mother.

IMHO

Checking in and thinking about Jhessye! Oh please let this baby girl be found!!! :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109