AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the FB Page say that is confusing?

On that page they talk about her missing car a Honda. Then the dad posts that the Honda was found but he didn't know where it was. So someone says its probably impounded while they search it. But this doesn't at all mesh with what has been reported? There has been no mention of finding her car? I thought the car JC was driving was her car?

And were the messages she sent text messages or FB messages? The reporter on this thread says they are FB messages. But her gf said that she told her she would get back to her when she charged her phone. Supposedly that is the last message the roommate got from her. The FB page also says they were FB messages.

They will, no doubt, be using phone pings. IMO, they know the ex-BF is responsible for Kiera going missing. Someone else knows what happened.

I think it was David Lohr who clarified for us that what the people who last communicated with Kiera are calling "texts" they received from her, were actually facebook messages. Her phone service had been turned off, so she had to be within range of a free signal to send messages. Further we have DHC saying Kiera told her Saturday afternoon that her battery was dying and that she needed to charge her phone. Will a phone still ping when your service is turned off? If the battery is dead it won't, so if her battery died Saturday afternoon, LE is going to have a tough time. In the Dateline story from 8/20, I think that is what LE is alluding to when they say they don't have reliable information on Kiera's last location.

But what they should have are pings from Clark's phone, hopefully.

Last edited:
On that page they talk about her missing car a Honda. Then the dad posts that the Honda was found but he didn't know where it was. So someone says its probably impounded while they search it. But this doesn't at all mesh with what has been reported? There has been no mention of finding her car? I thought the car JC was driving was her car?
I might be wrong, but here's the way I understand the car issue. When Kiera's family came to Arizona after she went missing, they assumed she had her car. Somehow they found out there was a title loan on the car in Clark's name. To do that his name had to be on the title/registration. Her car was not at the apartment, family either was told or suspected Clark had the car. So to them it was missing at that time. I think the car we are talking about is Kiera's, but because his name is on the title it's being called "his car" in the media. But family on facebook are saying it's Kiera's car. Does that make sense?

Since we now know he has been committing fraud, how about this scenario; maybe Clark without Kiera's permission, transferred title of her car to himself, then took out a title loan. Maybe she received some sort of DMV notice, or was looking for the title couldn't find it, and she threatened to report to LE? He is on probation, so that might mean some jail time. He's not going to let that happen.

Last edited:
I might be wrong, but here's the way I understand the car issue. When Kiera's family came to Arizona after she went missing, they assumed she had her car. Somehow they found out there was a title loan on the car in Clark's name. To do that his name had to be on the title/registration. Her car was not at the apartment, family either was told or suspected Clark had the car. So to them it was missing at that time. I think the car we are talking about is Kiera's, but because his name is on the title it's being called "his car" in the media. But family on facebook are saying it's Kiera's car. Does that make sense?

Since we now know he has been committing fraud, how about this scenario; maybe Clark without Kiera's permission, transferred title of her car to himself, then took out a title loan. Maybe she received some sort of DMV notice, or was looking for the title couldn't find it, and she threatened to report to LE? He is on probation, so that might mean some jail time. He's not going to let that happen.
What was his explanation for the title transfer? I can't see a reason for her to do that. If she needed money, couldn't she have gotten the loan herself? Why would she need to sign it over to him? I'm glad he's locked up and I hope he stays that way.

What was his explanation for the title transfer? I can't see a reason for her to do that. If she needed money, couldn't she have gotten the loan herself? Why would she need to sign it over to him? I'm glad he's locked up and I hope he stays that way.

I’m sure he came up with a slick explanation, but there IS no reasonable explanation for fraud. He is the one who wanted the money, not Kiera IMO. People who commit fraud against loved ones have no conscience. In this case, he is probably capable of “disposing” of anyone who stood in his way. JMO

I’ve lived this, minus murder. My father took out fraudulent second mortgages on both our house and later that of his second wife, forging my mother’s and stepmother’s signatures. They both divorced him for that reason to protect what was left of their credit. Unfortunately, they didn’t press charges. In his old age indigence, he let me send him money for a specific bill, knowing it was already covered by the state. I was trying to be a good daughter and decent human being, even knowing his past. Don’t get me started!!

In my heart I know JC did something terrible to that poor girl and that this may not end well. But I also want to believe that maybe she was mad at him and decided to leave that day. Maybe she meant to leave after arguing with JC and met foul play outside of her apartment. North Phoenix has some nice areas but that area in particular I wouldn’t feel comfortable just wandering. What are your thoughts that she did leave with intentions of coming back but something happened?

In my heart I know JC did something terrible to that poor girl and that this may not end well. But I also want to believe that maybe she was mad at him and decided to leave that day. Maybe she meant to leave after arguing with JC and met foul play outside of her apartment. North Phoenix has some nice areas but that area in particular I wouldn’t feel comfortable just wandering. What are your thoughts that she did leave with intentions of coming back but something happened?

My wish is that Kiera would be found safe and sound, but I've here long enough to know that isn't likely.

Your suggestion however is a real possibility. Could she have been walking and been abducted, is that what you mean BW? You wouldn't feel comfortable walking in the area even in daylight hours?

My wish is that Kiera would be found safe and sound, but I've here long enough to know that isn't likely.

Your suggestion however is a real possibility. Could she have been walking and been abducted, is that what you mean BW? You wouldn't feel comfortable walking in the area even in daylight hours?

No I wouldn’t. Primarily neighborhoods that are more in western Arizona (also known as the “avenues”) have much higher instances of crime and those neighborhoods are in the news 90% of the time here in Arizona.

No I wouldn’t. Primarily neighborhoods that are more in western Arizona (also known as the “avenues”) have much higher instances of crime and those neighborhoods are in the news 90% of the time here in Arizona.

Agree on above description of Phoenix area. Also think foul play from stranger is still possible. But my hinky meter was more peaked by the other male in this story....the roomate's BF or roommate or whatever he is.

Agree on above description of Phoenix area. Also think foul play from stranger is still possible. But my hinky meter was more peaked by the other male in this story....the roomate's BF or roommate or whatever he is.

Just out of curiosity..What about the roommate’s boyfriend makes you suspicious.. I did find his mannerisms in the interview to be odd...

If they were going for an Arizona based title loan, likely needed an AZ title and quite possibly AZ state ID.

Yep, need an Arizona title. Holy cow look at those interest rates, that should be illegal! Also, it's only a thirty day loan, but if you can't repay the loan at the end of the term you can automatically renew. However it's treated as another new loan, so I guess that means the original loan continues to accrue interest. I would guess these title companies end up seizing a lot of vehicles for failure to pay. What an awful racket!!

AZ Auto Title Loans

Last edited:
I heard they got into a fight over Facetime and then Kiera went home early and Jon picked her up. Employees said she looked distraught and they saw her leave with him," Bragg told FOX 5.

Her purse, keys and car were all at the home. Her roommate said she also received a strange text. Her mother says the message didn’t sound like her at all: “Anyone that knows her, knows she sends really short text messages.”

Bragg said she was never a fan of Clark because her daughter had confided in her that he had some unsavory characteristics. “She let me know he scammed people. To me, that’s not a good person,” Bergman's mother said.

As the desperate search for their daughter continues, Bergman's family has set up a Facebook page, and is using #BringKieraHome to rally anyone who might be able to share information about her case.

Click on link to read entire post-
Jon on Instagram: “This is to get the record staright with Kieras family. Im tired of the negative accusations and alienation of me when it comes to anything…”

Mother of missing East County teen questions ex-boyfriend’s role

Did BF have a job?
I've asked that a few times, no one has come up with anything so I guess not? On a separate note, do guys usually post so many pictures of themselves on IG?

OT- I was pretty shocked about the turn of events in the Mollie Tibbetts case. That perp was a big surprise, wasn't even on LE's radar until Monday, over thirty days after Mollie went missing. I couldn't help but wonder if that is what may happen in this case? We're busy looking at Clark, DHC & her BF, but as in Mollie's case, some person no one has ever heard of will be arrested.

Hope PPD is paying attention to Mollies case. They had to watch hours of surveillance video, but it paid off. How wide is your net PPD? Who have you asked for video from? If even just to prove Kiera did not walk away from that apartment.

Last edited:
I've asked that a few times, no one has come up with anything so I guess not? On a separate note, do guys usually post so many pictures of themselves on IG?

OT- I was pretty shocked about the turn of events in the Mollie Tibbetts case. That perp was a big surprise, wasn't even on LE's radar until Monday, over thirty days after Mollie went missing. I couldn't help but wonder if that is what may happen in this case? We're busy looking at Clark, DHC & her BF, but as in Mollie's case, some person no one has ever heard of will be arrested.

Hope PPD is paying attention to Mollies case. They had to watch hours of surveillance video, but it paid off. How wide is your net PPD? Who have you asked for video from?
I haven't seen his IG and probably don't care to from the sound of it, lol.

If they searched the car and didn't find anything, it's possible that someone else is to blame for her disappearance. I said that early on before BF started looking like a total jerk. I still am not sure what to think. Someone had to see or hear something. Hopefully the tips will start coming in and Kiera will be found soon.

Yep, need an Arizona title. Holy cow look at those interest rates, that should be illegal! Also, it's only a thirty day loan, but if you can't repay the loan at the end of the term you can automatically renew. However it's treated as another new loan, so I guess that means the original loan continues to accrue interest. I would guess these title companies end up seizing a lot of vehicles for failure to pay. What an awful racket!!

AZ Auto Title Loans

OT but agree, these companies are awful and predatory. I hope the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau goes after them next.

Hope PPD is paying attention to Mollies case. They had to watch hours of surveillance video, but it paid off. How wide is your net PPD? Who have you asked for video from? If even just to prove Kiera did not walk away from that apartment.

Does anyone familiar with the area know if there are surveillance cameras in the area? They should be able to see if she leaves on foot. They should watch any videos from any surrounding blocks since if she walked away she'd have to walk one of a few ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic