AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone familiar with the area know if there are surveillance cameras in the area? They should be able to see if she leaves on foot. They should watch any videos from any surrounding blocks since if she walked away she'd have to walk one of a few ways.

I only see traffic cam's around my area, which isn't too far from Kiera's apartment. Just a about 4 miles or so. The only camera's are on businesses or the intersections they are watching for traffic infractions.
As far as walking in the area... if you stay on the main streets it isn't too bad during the day. You have to watch out for people jumping the curb or running you over in the intersections. That happens A LOT here!
But, yes, the "Avenues" are where all of the major crime seems to happen. But, from what I have noticed and I am not from this area until just a couple years ago, the crime is more to the southern part of PHX (the closer you get to hwy 10) and Kiera's apartment is more to the north...IMO

"I mean we went to work together, everything was fine and she left and then I got a text from her and that was the last thing I heard from her," Bergman's roommate and best friend, Destiny Hall-Chand, said.

Hall-Chand filed a missing person's report when Bergman didn't come home and never showed up to her work shift.

"She was saying that she was going to go out with some guy she met at the store a couple days ago which is something that's not like her, that's not something she would do," Hall-Chand explained.

Bergman is originally from San Diego, but moved to Phoenix to be with her boyfriend in March. Her parents say the 19-year-old lost her spirit since moving.

"I don't know. I don't know what to think, I don't know what to believe, I don't know. It's just, I know there's something wrong. I'm just hoping she'll come home and everything will be okay," Hall-Chand said.
'Vigil of Hope' held for missing 19-year-old

So, she didn't mention this date while she was actually at work with her friend, her best friend, who she likely shares just about everything with? She waited until she left? Nope, not buying it. She either did not send that message or she sent it because she was going off with her ex and knew her friend wouldn't like it.

I’m not finished reading the last three or four pages but want to say this before I forget:

If the best friend got a message that Kiera was going out with a new guy, one she barely knew, wouldn’t you think that bestie would be concerned that Kiera didn’t come home after meeting new guy? Upset or not, friends check that stuff. In fact, I have several friends who text me info about who they are going out with, where, the guys number, and the latest time they may be out in case they are meeting a killer. Maybe we are just weird or paranoid. Regardless, I think if this friend’s story is true she would be worried about her friend not returning from a date with a new guy way before worrying she didn’t show up for work. So, with this, the disconnected phones when Kiera first moved there, and the stopped communication with family, I’m suspicious. Also, wondering how well she knew this friend. If they were her boyfriends’ friends in school too? Why Arizona? How the best friend met her boyfriend, and who is last person to see Kiera outside of these three.

I only see traffic cam's around my area, which isn't too far from Kiera's apartment. Just a about 4 miles or so. The only camera's are on businesses or the intersections they are watching for traffic infractions.
As far as walking in the area... if you stay on the main streets it isn't too bad during the day. You have to watch out for people jumping the curb or running you over in the intersections. That happens A LOT here!
But, yes, the "Avenues" are where all of the major crime seems to happen. But, from what I have noticed and I am not from this area until just a couple years ago, the crime is more to the southern part of PHX (the closer you get to hwy 10) and Kiera's apartment is more to the north...IMO
Very true most crime is in the southwestern area. That’s where it really gets bad. But I still try to stay away from the avenues if i can. I’ve lived in the east valley Arizona for quite some time so maybe I am just biased. I’m not extra familiar with north Phoenix but I do know it’s not that great.

I’m not finished reading the last three or four pages but want to say this before I forget:

If the best friend got a message that Kiera was going out with a new guy, one she barely knew, wouldn’t you think that bestie would be concerned that Kiera didn’t come home after meeting new guy? Upset or not, friends check that stuff. In fact, I have several friends who text me info about who they are going out with, where, the guys number, and the latest time they may be out in case they are meeting a killer. Maybe we are just weird or paranoid. Regardless, I think if this friend’s story is true she would be worried about her friend not returning from a date with a new guy way before worrying she didn’t show up for work. So, with this, the disconnected phones when Kiera first moved there, and the stopped communication with family, I’m suspicious. Also, wondering how well she knew this friend. If they were her boyfriends’ friends in school too? Why Arizona? How the best friend met her boyfriend, and who is last person to see Kiera outside of these three.

Good point about the roommate, I didn’t get the vibe that she was all that worried about Kiera from the interview I saw. She and her bf are absolute weirdos, JC too.

My gut tells me Kiera never made it to her apartment. She was already upset when JC picked her up that day. I believe they argued in the car. I wonder where the car is at this time. I hope the authorities have it impounded and are going over it with a fine toothed comb. JMO

My gut tells me Kiera never made it to her apartment. She was already upset when JC picked her up that day. I believe they argued in the car. I wonder where the car is at this time. I hope the authorities have it impounded and are going over it with a fine toothed comb. JMO
I saw an article that said the car is at the apartment. I wonder if that is Kiera’s car or jc’s. Does jc have a car?

YES! It's been awhile since my best friend and I went on dates (we are old and married now) but if I would have texted her that I was going out with a new guy she didn't know and then I wasn't in contact for awhile she would have pinged my phone or been waiting at my apartment, enlisting friends to find me, stalking the streets with weapons, you know the stuff friends are suppose to do. I found that to be super odd, but I was chalking it up to a different generation. But yes I think it's weird that the friend didn't really seemed concerned, not how my friends would have reacted, and remember at this time going by her story she thinks Kiera is out with a random man she met at the store and isn't answering her calls!

YES! It's been awhile since my best friend and I went on dates (we are old and married now) but if I would have texted her that I was going out with a new guy she didn't know and then I wasn't in contact for awhile she would have pinged my phone or been waiting at my apartment, enlisting friends to find me, stalking the streets with weapons, you know the stuff friends are suppose to do. I found that to be super odd, but I was chalking it up to a different generation. But yes I think it's weird that the friend didn't really seemed concerned, not how my friends would have reacted, and remember at this time going by her story she thinks Kiera is out with a random man she met at the store and isn't answering her calls!

Not crazy at all. I'm also out of the dating stage but my younger friends will send their exact location through google ("Share my location") when going on dates. I think young women are even more alert these days then they were in the past. With Tinder and these dating apps where you don't really know the other person besides online I think people are extra cautious.

I doubt the whole story based on what Kiera's parents said. They said it would be out of character to either go out with a random guy or send that long of a text message. I hope they go over the car carefully.

I saw an article that said the car is at the apartment. I wonder if that is Kiera’s car or jc’s. Does jc have a car?
His car is her car. He was the one driving it, not her. She needed him to pick her up at work. He somehow got a Title Loan on her car. Speculation is whether she knew about it or not and could this be what they fought about that day.

Hm if harm was caused to KB at the hands of an unknown person, it sounds like the boyfriend could have made lots of enemies, I think it’s unlikely that someone would have tried to get revenge on him by harming her though. Just another thought to toss in the mix. Where are you Kiera?

His car is her car. He was the one driving it, not her. She needed him to pick her up at work. He somehow got a Title Loan on her car. Speculation is whether she knew about it or not and could this be what they fought about that day.
Okay I thought I read that the police found the identity theft evidence in HIS car. In the interview I also thought he mentioned the police searched MY car. I need to rewatch.

Just out of curiosity..What about the roommate’s boyfriend makes you suspicious.. I did find his mannerisms in the interview to be odd...

Same as you, also felt he was in charge of the other roommate. I also want to know why no one is saying where he was when this happened. We have been told the female roommate was at work. We've heard JCs story of where he was. Why not this guy too?

BUT, Knox's posts about what her mother says give me pause. Cuz sometimes Mama knows best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1