AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand there may have been parental issues duh don’t we all at some point? What I don’t get is how this young man has spoken to and about Kiera’s family. That shows total lack of support and empathy for them as they try to locate her.
Being grandiose about LE not keeping him at questioning and how Kiera will come back and marry him?? So young to be so darn confident
I’m trying to be nice until more is known but these children are really making me mad for this family. I don’t expect anything to break this kid. Jmo

Last edited:
I just read about this case and its confusing to me. But i have the same feeling as a lot of you here, those three know something about this.

1. They are involved in her dissapearance

Or 2. They helped her dissapear.

Thats where i am leaning to at this point. But there are so many questions unanswered.

I think her phone records can tell a lot in this care.

All my opinion. Not stated as fact.

Just catching up on this case. I'd like to know who the identity documents found on JC belonged to. As soon as I read that he took out a title loan on HER car (before she went missing), I thought he sounded like a scammer. Who does that to someone? What was her financial situation that she had a job but couldn't afford her phone bill? I'm assuming it had something to do with him.

Maybe besides the title loan, he also used her identity to open credit cards or something else and she found out and confronted him about it.

What also jumped out at me was her roommate was texting her for two days but the phone was in the house the whole time? How'd she get a message back if the phone was in the back of the closet? I am assuming she had a smartphone that at one point had cell service but since it was shut off she could use the phone over a WiFi connection when she had WiFi. JMO

Just catching up on this case. I'd like to know who the identity documents found on JC belonged to. As soon as I read that he took out a title loan on HER car (before she went missing), I thought he sounded like a scammer. Who does that to someone? What was her financial situation that she had a job but couldn't afford her phone bill? I'm assuming it had something to do with him.

Maybe besides the title loan, he also used her identity to open credit cards or something else and she found out and confronted him about it.

What also jumped out at me was her roommate was texting her for two days but the phone was in the house the whole time? How'd she get a message back if the phone was in the back of the closet? I am assuming she had a smartphone that at one point had cell service but since it was shut off she could use the phone over a WiFi connection when she had WiFi. JMO
Kiera has her phone. It was not left in the house. Just her keys and pocketbook with her ID were found in the back of her closet by the police. IF it happened the way Jon said, then when Kiera went to her apartment with him, she hid her pocketbook in the back of her closet before leaving with her phone alone, leaving her boyfriend, Jon, alone in HER apartment. Odd thing to do if they were on good terms like he said. I personally do NOT believe she ever made it back to her apartment. I think it all went down when he picked her up from work. AND her roommate and her boyfriend know more than they are saying. JMO

Last edited:
Kiera has her phone. It was not left in the house. Just her keys and pocketbook with her ID were found in the back of her closet by the police. IF it happened the way Jon said, then when Kiera went to her apartment with him, she hid her pocketbook in the back of her closet before leaving with her phone alone, leaving her boyfriend, Jon, alone in HER apartment. Odd thing to do if they were on good terms like he said. I personally do NOT believe she ever made it back to her apartment. I think it all went down when he picked her up from work. AND her roommate and her boyfriend know more than they are saying. JMO

Thanks for clarifying, that makes more sense. I agree with you, the key may be where he was during the time from when he picked her up and when the roommate got home and no one was there. If Kiera had her wallet and work ID at work, someone had to put them in the house.

The text that she was "going out with someone new she met" sounds like something a boyfriend who just murdered his girlfriend would think up to deflect attention to someone else. Now there's an unknown creepy guy in the mix.

Kiera Bergman case: Ex-boyfriend of missing woman arrested for identity theft

New information:

Clark was arrested Friday and booked into jail for 22 counts of aggravated identity theft and two counts of forgery.

During his first court appearance on Saturday morning, a judge set his bond at $25,000.

Clark may have also violated his probation terms in connection with another case. He'll be back in court on Aug. 24 for both incidents.

But if you read the FB messages that Clark sent--there is a history of Keira having issues with her parents and especially her step dad, which is why he says she moved in with him.

Let me put it this way. When our kids were young adults and left home for the first time, they felt we were too restrictive and old fashioned. They certainly wouldn't be raising their children that way. Everyone of our kids, now have kids, and guess what? They see things differently and are all great parents! All that to say, I think Kiera could have talked some smack about her family to Clark. In turn Clark embellished, kind of a diversion tactic so to speak. Clearly hes not a pillar of society. So I take what he said with a grain of salt. ALL families have issues. Clearly the Braggs love their daughter, and are doing everything in their power to find her. If something validates what he said later, I'll have a different opinion, but right now it feels a little like kicking someone who's down on their luck. I'm just expressing my own opinion kaykay543, you have great insight in this case.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way. When our kids were young adults and left home for the first time, they felt we were too restrictive and old fashioned. They certainly wouldn't be raising their children that way. Everyone of our kids, now have kids, and guess what? They see things differently and are all great parents! All that to say, I think Kiera could have talked some smack about her family to Clark. In turn Clark embellished, kind of a diversion tactic so to speak. Clearly hes not a pillar of society. So I take what he said with a grain of salt. ALL families have issues. Clearly the Braggs love their daughter, and are doing everything in their power to find her. If something validates what he said later, I'll have a different opinion, but right now it feels a little like kicking someone who's down on their luck. I'm just expressing my own opinion kaykay543, you have great insight in this case.

Completely agree. When I was a teenager I complained to anyone who would listen about how strict my parents were. As an adult I became thankful for how strict they were. As a wife trying for a baby with friends who have children, I think looking back my parents were too lenient at times! LOL I think most teenagers and young adults views on their parents and upbringing change as they get older and see more of the world. Of course, some people do have truly awful childhoods and we should believe them. But I don't think we have any evidence of that here at this point.

I totally get that.
Completely agree. When I was a teenager I complained to anyone who would listen about how strict my parents were. As an adult I became thankful for how strict they were. As a wife trying for a baby with friends who have children, I think looking back my parents were too lenient at times! LOL I think most teenagers and young adults views on their parents and upbringing change as they get older and see more of the world. Of course, some people do have truly awful childhoods and we should believe them. But I don't think we have any evidence of that here at this point.
I think some are taking my post the wrong way. Most 19 year olds don’t agree with their parents. I never said she has bad parents. My heart breaks for her parents. It would not be at all unusual for a 19 year old to have family conflicts. Especially with a stepfather. I just think you have to look at the whole picture of what was going on in her life.

I think some are taking my post the wrong way. Most 19 year olds don’t agree with their parents. I never said she has bad parents. My heart breaks for her parents. It would not be at all unusual for a 19 year old to have family conflicts. Especially with a stepfather. I just think you have to look at the whole picture of what was going on in her life.

I know what you mean, and I wasn't responding to your comment in particular. I read the BF's texts and this was just my thoughts on them. I think it's totally possible that Kiera's parents were overprotective and she moved away partially to give herself some space. Maybe her parents even warned her about this bum BF and she didn't want to hear it so she left to AZ. I think she could have very reasonably as a 19 year old thought this was a good reason to leave, when maybe in 10 years she'd look back and realize her parents had her best interests at heart all along. Sometimes teens need to make their own mistakes to figure out what they want to do in life. You just hope and pray it never ends up like this.

I totally get that.

Ok, thanks for clarifying, I get what you are saying now. I think that def played a part in her decision to move to Arizona. In one story it said they starting dating in December 2017, and they moved in March of this year. Clark seems like he would know how to game people. I can imagine he made it seem really attractive. But reality seemed to hit pretty quick. Kiera was working, but I've not seen it mentioned he was. Has anyone else?

This waiting game is painful, my thoughts are with Kiera's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member