AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about the following:
Has LE located the boyfriend and Kiera's car. How long has she known the boyfriend? Where did they meet?
Is he from San Diego originally?
Is he older than Kiera or the same age? Is the roommate someone she met when she moved to Phoenix or a friend from home?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm just thinking about the people around her. At 19 yrs old, Kiera is still a kid to me although it does sound like she's maturing into a responsible young adult. It sounds like when she moved to Phoenix she found employment but why did she sign her car over to the boyfriend. Did he pressure her to do this.
Where are you Kiera? Praying that you come home safely.

This case is a great example of media not asking simple questions or not caring about the answers when reporting. I get the headline is a missing 19 year old but basic details are overlooked so often by initial media reports. Ugh - verification, how does it work?

Okay, just viewed video of family and roommates on AZ Family. Two roommates. One male and one female. She texted female roommate that afternoon to say she was going on a date with a guy she met two days earlier at the store. Roommate said that is very unlike her to do. Says she wouldn't do that. Sorry can't link from here.

Wait. Got link. 'Vigil of Hope' held for missing 19-year-old

Okay, just viewed video of family and roommates on AZ Family. Two roommates. One male and one female. She texted female roommate that afternoon to say she was going on a date with a guy she met two days earlier at the store. Roommate said that is very unlike her to do. Says she wouldn't do that. Sorry can't link from here.

This definitely adds more confusion! So Kiera texts her friend/roommate at 12:45 PM on Saturday to say that she has a date with someone she met two days ago. Then she leaves work early, upset, and leaves with her ex-boyfriend. If this timeline is correct, is ex-BF upset that she met someone new?

OR. Did the text regarding the date with someone new come sometime later on Saturday? If this is out of character for Kiera, I wonder if they are thinking that this text was a front, sent by someone else, to prevent friends and family from getting worried.

Heard one unsubstantiated rumor on social media that the ex showed up at Kiera's apartment on Sunday to get the spare key to her car, which she had signed over to him for the purposes of a title loan. I would assume he took her car at that time?

It crossed my mind that perhaps she told her roommate a story about going to meet a guy she’d just met 2 days earlier at a store, but maybe instead was really going to meet her ex-boyfriend (perhaps reluctantly) and didn’t want any flack from that, especially if the relationship ended badly and the roommate knew that and would give her grief about it. Just a thought.

Or maybe there really was a new guy she decided to go out with. She may have met up with him and he was a psycho who initiated foul play, or perhaps the ex found out about it and intercepted her, and did something in a fit of rage. Also possible the text was sent to mislead and not sent by the victim herself.

Of course,, I hope none of this happened. But it doesn’t sound good at this point. I do suspect they’ve found the boyfriend if they know she’d signed her car over to him and he had it...otherwise there would probably be a public plea/ BOLO for him and the vehicle. JMO.

This definitely adds more confusion! So Kiera texts her friend/roommate at 12:45 PM on Saturday to say that she has a date with someone she met two days ago. Then she leaves work early, upset, and leaves with her ex-boyfriend. If this timeline is correct, is ex-BF upset that she met someone new?

OR. Did the text regarding the date with someone new come sometime later on Saturday? If this is out of character for Kiera, I wonder if they are thinking that this text was a front, sent by someone else, to prevent friends and family from getting worried.

Heard one unsubstantiated rumor on social media that the ex showed up at Kiera's apartment on Sunday to get the spare key to her car, which she had signed over to him for the purposes of a title loan. I would assume he took her car at that time?

I think they suspect a "front"

"I mean we went to work together, everything was fine and she left and then I got a text from her and that was the last thing I heard from her," Bergman's roommate and best friend, Destiny Hall-Chand, said.

Hall-Chand filed a missing person's report when Bergman didn't come home and never showed up to her work shift.

"She was saying that she was going to go out with some guy she met at the store a couple days ago which is something that's not like her, that's not something she would do," Hall-Chand explained.

Bergman is originally from San Diego, but moved to Phoenix to be with her boyfriend in March. Her parents say the 19-year-old lost her spirit since moving.

"I don't know. I don't know what to think, I don't know what to believe, I don't know. It's just, I know there's something wrong. I'm just hoping she'll come home and everything will be okay," Hall-Chand said.
'Vigil of Hope' held for missing 19-year-old

Roommates's story is confusing ... I'm curious how long she has known DHC? On the plus side, if there was a guy she met at the store. LE could review video, and also leasing records for the past week. I don't think that's where this is headed though. The story we've heard about the bf, her car and the title loan speaks volumes to me.

I don't think we have the full story here but since the beginning of this thread my hinky meter has been pinging. Ex boyfriend, Kiera's car missing, ex missing, signing over the car for a title loan, a date with some guy. I don't know guys....this isn't going to end well. MOO

So Kiera was upset when she left work and that 2nd roommate mentioned earlier is actually her ex boyfriend... weird.
'I want her to come home': Family searching for 19-year-old daughter holds Phoenix vigil
Hall-Chand, 20, was one of the last people to see Bergman. They worked together at Progressive Leasing in Glendale, a lending division of furniture retailer Aaron's.

According to Hall-Chand, the two went to work together last Saturday morning when Bergman became noticeably upset and left work early.
Bergman's ex-boyfriend, who had recently moved into their apartment, picked her up, the friend said.

Hall-Chand said Bergman did have a phone, and the roommate texted and called Bergman repeatedly when she didn't come home Saturday.

Bergman texted back saying she would call Hall-Chand when she got a charger for her phone. When Bergman did not return home Sunday or show up to work Monday, Hall-Chand said she called police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel