AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bergman grew up outside San Diego, was passionate about hair and makeup, and attended cosmetology school, her mother said.

She moved out of her family's home in March to live in Phoenix with her then-boyfriend, Kiersten Bragg said.

"Not too long after that, the phone line was disconnected. We'd only be able to connect with her through messenger or FaceTime on Facebook," Bragg said.

Soon after, Bergman told her family that she and her boyfriend had broken up, and she moved into an apartment with her friend Destiny Hall-Chand, Bragg said.

Hall-Chand, 20, was one of the last people to see Bergman. They worked together at Progressive Leasing in Glendale, a lending division of furniture retailer Aaron's.

According to Hall-Chand, the two went to work together last Saturday morning when Bergman became noticeably upset and left work early.

Bergman's ex-boyfriend, who had recently moved into their apartment, picked her up, the friend said.

Hall-Chand said Bergman did have a phone, and the roommate texted and called Bergman repeatedly when she didn't come home Saturday.

Bergman texted back saying she would call Hall-Chand when she got a charger for her phone. When Bergman did not return home Sunday or show up to work Monday, Hall-Chand said she called police.

Bragg said Phoenix police officers haven't shared much information.

On Saturday, Phoenix police Sgt. Vince Lewis told said there were "no updates to share at this time."
'I want her to come home': Family searching for 19-year-old daughter holds Phoenix vigil

from the article:

"Soon after, Bergman told her family that she and her boyfriend had broken up, and she moved into an apartment with her friend Destiny Hall-Chand, Bragg said."
"Bergman's ex-boyfriend, who had recently moved into their apartment, picked her up, the friend said."

They broke up, she moved in with her friend, and the ex bf moved in with them??

plus...phone was disconnected soon after she moved in with bf in March, and seemingly this guy also talked her into giving him her car.

Doesn't sound very good.....control issue?...How long had she known this guy?

I don’t like that the story keeps changing and changing.

Published: 6:02 PM PST August 9, 2018
Updated: 1:36 PM PST August 10, 2018:
Police say Kiera Bergman was last seen at her residence, which her roommate identified as Indigo Creek Apartments. Her family says her boyfriend told them he saw Kiera at home Saturday.

[SBM]

[Kiera's mother Kiersten] Bragg says Kiera was last seen in public after leaving work early Saturday at Progressive Leasing in Glendale. They say she had recently moved from San Diego to the Phoenix area with her boyfriend.

‘We are fully cooperating with the police in this matter, and our thoughts are with her and her family,’ said Garet Hayes, director of public relations for Aaron's, which is the business' parent company.

Bragg says she's especially concerned because Kiera left her purse, wallet, and car behind at home.

[SBM]”
Teen vanishes in 'unique' disappearance from Glendale

Updated Aug 12, 2018 at 11:28am:
“[SBM]

Kiera was last seen at her residence in the area of 51st Avenue and Thunderbird Road on 8/4/18. She has not returned home and has not been seen or heard from since. Her family is very concerned for her welfare. Please contact the Phoenix Police Department with any information on her whereabouts,” [The Phoenix Police Department’s missing poster for Kiera Bergman dated August 8th] says.

News 12 reported that the residence was Indigo Creek Apartments and that Kiera’s boyfriend said he saw her at home. She left work at Progressive Leasing in Glendale and then vanished, the television station reported.

[SBM]

According to News 12, Bergman’s purse, wallet, and car were still at her home, which increases concerns.

[SBM]”
Kiera Bergman Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Aug 13, 2018, 3:39 AM ET:
Police are searching for a 19-year-old Phoenix woman who disappeared after leaving work more than a week ago.

Kiersten Bragg said her daughter, Kiera Bergman, left her job on the morning of Aug. 4, but doesn't know if she ever made it home.

I don’t know if she ever made it back to her apartment or not. I haven’t really talked to anybody that saw her there, so I’m not quite sure where she was last seen and I’m not really getting information from people about that,’ Bragg said in an interview with ‘Good Morning America’ on Monday [the interview appears to have been pre-recorded; see Knox’s post from 11:39pm yesterday]. She does have a boyfriend. ... Last I heard they were together and that is who picked her up from work that morning.’

[SBM]

Her mother also questioned reports that she had left to ‘hang out’ with a guy she’d just met.

‘To that text message that stated that she was going to hang out with a guy somewhere she met at a store, a couple days ago, that to me is not my daughter,’ Bragg told ‘GMA.’ ‘That is not something that she would just do. And then for her to leave, and leave her purse with her wallet and ID there at the apartment, that’s not normal neither -- that’s why I feel like there’s something not right here.’

[SBM]

Bragg said Phoenix police officers haven't shared much information. Phoenix Police Department Sgt. Vincent Lewis told multiple media outlets on Saturday that there were "no updates to share at this time."
Family searching for 19-year-old woman who vanished after leaving work

All BBM

Kiera never made it back to her apartment after her boyfriend picked her up from work, IMO.

This is so confusing, my brain hurts! I always think there is some misinformation in the first few days when someone goes missing like this, but it’s been over a week and everything being said is the opposite of something else said. Is the boyfriend an ex or currently her boyfriend? Does he live with her or not? Was he the last to see her or was she last seen leaving work? Did she go somewhere with him or someone else on a date? What is going on??

So who is the boyfriend, where is he, and where is Kiera? o_O

I thought maybe there is a warrant out for his arrest that isn’t being reported about, but I need his last name to do a search.
Public Access Case Lookup

The fact that LE hasn’t asked for assistance from the public to find him leads me to believe they are keeping him under surveillance or even talked to him.

Or maybe they don’t have enough evidence to get an arrest warrant. It was only last Friday that LE searched their apartment, so maybe they are waiting for test results to come back.

All JMO

Much of the information released is confusing/conflicting, I agree. Wish we knew more about the boyfriend, but no one is saying his full name. Even on social media, which is rare. Usually someone would put him on blast by now.

The roommate said Kiera suddenly became upset and left work Saturday. Wouldn't it be weird that the roommate didn't know why she was upset and left? They were exchanging text messages, I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have said what the problem was.

Much of the information released is confusing/conflicting, I agree. Wish we knew more about the boyfriend, but no one is saying his full name. Even on social media, which is rare. Usually someone would put him on blast by now.

The roommate said Kiera suddenly became upset and left work Saturday. Wouldn't it be weird that the roommate didn't know why she was upset and left? They were exchanging text messages, I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have said what the problem was.
I have been struck by how secretive everyone has been about this suspicious boyfriend. I think that the fact that no one has identified the (ex)boyfriend might be indicative that LE are looking at him. Perhaps they have asked family and friends to be discrete about who he is and where he is because they don't want to scare him away or drive him into hiding somewhere. Might be a little too late for all of that since anyone who sees anything about the story immediately jumps to that conclusion.

It may not be unusual for the roommate not to know why Kiera was upset. They work in a Call Center, which means the times that they are actually allowed to use their phones is restricted to break times. Additionally, they moved in together relatively recently, it's possible that their relationship was not "best friends" level where they would immediately confide in one another.

I don’t like that the story keeps changing and changing.

Published: 6:02 PM PST August 9, 2018
Updated: 1:36 PM PST August 10, 2018:
Police say Kiera Bergman was last seen at her residence, which her roommate identified as Indigo Creek Apartments. Her family says her boyfriend told them he saw Kiera at home Saturday.

[SBM]

[Kiera's mother Kiersten] Bragg says Kiera was last seen in public after leaving work early Saturday at Progressive Leasing in Glendale. They say she had recently moved from San Diego to the Phoenix area with her boyfriend.

‘We are fully cooperating with the police in this matter, and our thoughts are with her and her family,’ said Garet Hayes, director of public relations for Aaron's, which is the business' parent company.

Bragg says she's especially concerned because Kiera left her purse, wallet, and car behind at home.

[SBM]”
Teen vanishes in 'unique' disappearance from Glendale

Updated Aug 12, 2018 at 11:28am:
“[SBM]

Kiera was last seen at her residence in the area of 51st Avenue and Thunderbird Road on 8/4/18. She has not returned home and has not been seen or heard from since. Her family is very concerned for her welfare. Please contact the Phoenix Police Department with any information on her whereabouts,” [The Phoenix Police Department’s missing poster for Kiera Bergman dated August 8th] says.

News 12 reported that the residence was Indigo Creek Apartments and that Kiera’s boyfriend said he saw her at home. She left work at Progressive Leasing in Glendale and then vanished, the television station reported.

[SBM]

According to News 12, Bergman’s purse, wallet, and car were still at her home, which increases concerns.

[SBM]”
Kiera Bergman Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Aug 13, 2018, 3:39 AM ET:
Police are searching for a 19-year-old Phoenix woman who disappeared after leaving work more than a week ago.

Kiersten Bragg said her daughter, Kiera Bergman, left her job on the morning of Aug. 4, but doesn't know if she ever made it home.

I don’t know if she ever made it back to her apartment or not. I haven’t really talked to anybody that saw her there, so I’m not quite sure where she was last seen and I’m not really getting information from people about that,’ Bragg said in an interview with ‘Good Morning America’ on Monday [the interview appears to have been pre-recorded; see Knox’s post from 11:39pm yesterday]. She does have a boyfriend. ... Last I heard they were together and that is who picked her up from work that morning.’

[SBM]

Her mother also questioned reports that she had left to ‘hang out’ with a guy she’d just met.

‘To that text message that stated that she was going to hang out with a guy somewhere she met at a store, a couple days ago, that to me is not my daughter,’ Bragg told ‘GMA.’ ‘That is not something that she would just do. And then for her to leave, and leave her purse with her wallet and ID there at the apartment, that’s not normal neither -- that’s why I feel like there’s something not right here.’

[SBM]

Bragg said Phoenix police officers haven't shared much information. Phoenix Police Department Sgt. Vincent Lewis told multiple media outlets on Saturday that there were "no updates to share at this time."
Family searching for 19-year-old woman who vanished after leaving work

All BBM

Kiera never made it back to her apartment after her boyfriend picked her up from work, IMO.
To your point about whether she made it back to her apartment after she left work early, I keep coming back to the fact that her purse and wallet were left at home. I have a hard time believing that she went to work that morning without those items. That makes me believe that she did make it back to her apartment after she left work, if even for a short period.

The family of a 19-year-old girl who has been missing for the past nine days is appealing to anyone with information to come forward.

Kiera Bergman, 19, from Phoenix, Arizona was last heard from more than a week ago when she sent a unusual text message to her roommate after failing to come home.

'She was saying that she was going to go out with some guy that she met at the store a couple days ago, which is something that's not like her, I mean, that's not something that she would do,' Destiny Hall-Chand told CBS affiliate KPHO-TV.

Arizona woman, 19, missing for nine days after going out with a man she met in a grocery store | Daily Mail Online

The family of a 19-year-old girl who has been missing for the past nine days is appealing to anyone with information to come forward.

Kiera Bergman, 19, from Phoenix, Arizona was last heard from more than a week ago when she sent a unusual text message to her roommate after failing to come home.

'She was saying that she was going to go out with some guy that she met at the store a couple days ago, which is something that's not like her, I mean, that's not something that she would do,' Destiny Hall-Chand told CBS affiliate KPHO-TV.

Arizona woman, 19, missing for nine days after going out with a man she met in a grocery store | Daily Mail Online

I would like to see proof that this text actually was sent.

I would like to see proof that this text actually was sent.
You and I are in the same wavelength. There was something about her eyes in that interview that bugs me. The thing she put out there about kiera going out with someone who came to the store is also suspicious. Kind of like a look here not there, red herring vibe.

You and I are in the same wavelength. There was something about her eyes in that interview that bugs me. The thing she put out there about kiera going out with someone who came to the store is also suspicious. Kind of like a look here not there, red herring vibe.
Exactly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members