AZ - Lauren Heike, 29, Found Deceased, Person Of Interest On Surveillance, Scottsdale, 29 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's disgusting that a person can't take a walk/jog without fear of being attacked or worse.
That trail looks beautiful and inviting to walk on !
Maybe she'd walked off the trail a bit to look at flowers, etc. ?

Rest in peace, Lauren.

Hoping the perp is apprehended soon.

When a murder is committed I always wonder if it's the perps' first and only crime ?
Prob. not.
A murder in broad daylight when anyone could have been passing by ..... :(
Brazen and cold.
Imo.
Since following crime on Websleuths, I try to avoid areas where I am alone or shielded by trees etc: far different from years ago.
When I voice these actions to my friends, they laugh, stating 'paranoid'.
They don't follow crime stories.

Since following crime on Websleuths, I try to avoid areas where I am alone or shielded by trees etc: far different from years ago.
Absolutely!

Since my life-long friend, Ben, was murdered, I have altered my behavior, similarly.

He was not a small person, and, like Lauren, he was killed in broad daylight (between the 9 o’clock hour and when his body was found burning in the desert around 1:40pm the same day).

If it could happen to him, Lauren, & so many others, it is my belief that nearly anyone out alone, and unaware/ignorant of the risks associated with their behavior/surroundings is a potential victim.

I am even much more cognizant of any risks regarding travel and/or with locations I visit “alone” (the only adult) with my children (e.g. hikes, parks). I also weigh safety considerations with regard to where I permit their grandmother to take them when she watches them.

As in your experience, friends & some of our extended family say my behaviors are paranoid. THEY ALSO DO NOT FOLLOW TRUE CRIME STORIES.

I once told somebody I keep up with crime stories. He replied, "Why do you pay attention to that b*******."

The thought of her being chased (over a chain link fence?) and trying to outrun a killer with a knife is terrifying. I believe I read somewhere that she was able to escape, but succumbed to her injuries. This led to the delay in being found because she was off the path. Sending a kind thought out to the universe for her parents; I truly cannot imagine how they process that.

I was surprised to see pictures of the trail backing up to homes. I thought it was in the middle of the desert. I would have felt 10000% safe walking there at 10:00 am.

Finally, not that it has to do with her murder, but with his background. I’m surprised Roadrunner Sports hired him. Almost any large employer these days performs background checks. I wonder if all the charges that were dismissed or plead down didn’t show up? The management was obviously on the ball though for firing him.

Ya, that was odd. Is he trying to act crazy?
In my humble opinion, and that of some others I have discussed this case with, there does exist the possibility (since he also mentioned struggling with his sexuality/being worried about the salvation of his soul due to his thoughts/he wanted to look like Lauren) he may have had the desire to dress like a woman or even be a woman/“identified” as a woman on the inside, but he never lived that out … tried to supress those feelings and desires due to his Christian upbringing and/or religious beliefs associated with with his fear of the potentially negative consequences spiritually/God’s judgment that could (in his mind) result if he were to live out those desires. Again, this is entirely conjecture/opinion only.

Last edited:
I can't even comprehend how someone could be afraid of their sexuality stopping them from salvation, but robbing, kidnapping, and murder, no issue with that. Just wow.
Right?!?! I mean what was the motive? As I understand, he is seen following her to the trail. But was that just a coincidence, meaning he wasn't stalking her. She was just at the right place at the wrong time and it was an impluse on his part? I'm still fuzzy on some of the details.

Teasley’s mother is a surveillance officer for the Judicial Branch of Arizona in Maricopa County. Hester says she refused to speak with detectives about Heike’s murder.

-Is his Mom a Probation Officer?

A spokesperson for the Marines Corps confirmed that Teasley had entered boot camp in March 2019, but left three months later before completing his training. Details explaining why he left weren’t released, citing the Privacy Act.

-Calling him an ex-marine is inaccurate, he didn't even make it through boot camp.

Court records revealed that Teasley took a plea deal where he pled guilty to armed robbery, disorderly conduct, and robbery. Ten charges, several of which were more serious felonies, were dropped by prosecutors in exchange for that plea deal. Teasley had served 16 months in the Red Rock Correctional Facility in Eloy before being released in November 2022. He had spent a year in jail before that. Court documents say prosecutors assessed Teasley as a “medium-low” risk to re-offend when cutting him the plea deal.

-Not even two years for all those felonies :oops:

Review from customer of Zion Teasley at our running store here , Road Runner Sports, where he was terminated from recently, right down the street from where the murder occurred. Another recent review didn’t mention a name but seemed like a very violent employee , so could have been him as wellIMG_8634.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8633.jpeg
    IMG_8633.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 66
-Calling him an ex-marine is inaccurate, he didn't even make it through boot camp.

Court records revealed that Teasley took a plea deal where he pled guilty to armed robbery, disorderly conduct, and robbery. Ten charges, several of which were more serious felonies, were dropped by prosecutors in exchange for that plea deal. Teasley had served 16 months in the Red Rock Correctional Facility in Eloy before being released in November 2022. He had spent a year in jail before that. Court documents say prosecutors assessed Teasley as a “medium-low” risk to re-offend when cutting him the plea deal.

-Not even two years for all those felonies :oops:

Did you notice on his LinkedIn profile, he states he was “medically discharged” from the Marines? (I attached a screenshot of LinkedIn profile page.)

Mental health reasons? Physical condition? This is still an unknown (as far as I am aware).

Attachments

• IMG_1430.jpeg
    IMG_1430.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
This seems to indicate they don't believe he had previous interactions with her as some thought may be the case early on:

During a news conference Friday afternoon, Phoenix Homicide Lt. James Hester said investigators believe the attack was random, that Teasley followed her on the trail and attacked without provocation.

Did you notice on his LinkedIn profile, he states he was “medically discharged” from the Marines? (I attached a screenshot of LinkedIn profile page.)

Mental health reasons? Physical condition? This is still an unknown (as far as I am aware).
He lied about the length of time in Marines, so why would we believe his "discharge" reason? We won't ever know the reason I don't think.

I dont know why they released it all the way they did but the flyer appears to be the image a lot clearer. I think they released it zoomed out . Glad they got him already.

wow I wasn't expecting a quick arrest! going back to read now ...

An ex-convict has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge in the death of Lauren Heike, a woman who was attacked from behind and stabbed 15 times while walking on a desert trail in northeast Phoenix last month.

5/23/2023

An ex-convict has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge in the death of Lauren Heike, a woman who was attacked from behind and stabbed 15 times while walking on a desert trail in northeast Phoenix last month, authorities said Monday. The Maricopa County Attorney's Office announced the grand jury indictment and said it is reviewing the case to determine if prosecutors will pursue the death penalty for 22-year-old Zion Teasley.

It wasn't immediately known Monday if Teasley has a lawyer yet who can speak on his behalf.

Phoenix police said the 29-year-old woman's body was found April 29 near a hiking trail about a half-mile from her home, but it's believed she was killed the day before.

Investigators have said they believe that Zion Teasley attacked Lauren Heike at random and without provocation.

5/23/2023

PHOENIX (AP) — An ex-convict accused of killing a woman who was attacked from behind and stabbed 15 times on a Phoenix desert trail could be facing a trial in January, authorities said Tuesday.

An attorney for Zion William Teasley, 22, entered a not guilty plea on his client’s behalf Tuesday, the day after a Maricopa County grand jury indicted Teasley on one count of first-degree murder.

The county attorney’s office said it’s reviewing the case to determine if prosecutors will seek the death penalty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back