GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's to say Mike and Tina didn't walk over to JV's house for some reason or they stopped there the next morning?

I doubt they were accosted in the house.....unless, the perp threatened to kill the whole family. I know....we have to figure out how the car got a little ways away. That being said....if JV was at their house, he could of had access to the keys or they could possibly have been left in the vehicle? What IS the connection??

I think I'll wait for them to figure out if Tina was sexually assaulted before I buy into the drug angle about them getting murdered over a few hundred bucks worth of coke.

That doesn't even make any sense.

Was JV mentioned early on to the investigators when they questioned people?
I wonder why the PI mentioned previously that some people interviewed were not thought to be truthful?
Was he referring to JV not being truthful since JV was at their house on Father's Day, or others?
I thought it was Plural?
IMOO.

I was under the impression it was plural as well. I'm thinking maybe JV was dealing or had bad interactions to kids or family and MC / TC confronted him. That would account for people living in house not being truthful. I think it's possible people in the house knew that MC/TC left with JV and didn't come back.

Was JV mentioned early on to the investigators when they questioned people?
I wonder why the PI mentioned previously that some people interviewed were not thought to be truthful?
Was he referring to JV not being truthful since JV was at their house on Father's Day, or others?
I thought it was Plural?
IMOO.

BBM
This part I wonder as well. Seems to me, with 10 mostly teenaged & older? children between the 2 couples it'd all seem bizarre to me, too, on a first impression. I was a little bothered by the PI's reference to electronic cigarettes by some in the house, making him suspicious of potential marijuana & other drug use. That is a stereotype IMO.

Obviously JV had plenty of time to possibly be involved in other bad deeds....as his residence from 2000--- as there was noted quite a few places in Maricopa torched by an arsonist in the area (Including Michael&Tinas trailer & part of their house & a mysterious disappearance of Thomas Smith in 2013 a Thunderbird Farms resident. I happen to think evil deeds happen in numbers. No chance for solo not with a long rap sheet.

BBM
This part I wonder as well. Seems to me, with 10 mostly teenaged & older? children between the 2 couples it'd all seem bizarre to me, too, on a first impression. I was a little bothered by the PI's reference to electronic cigarettes by some in the house, making him suspicious of potential marijuana & other drug use. That is a stereotype IMO.
Not a stereotype if he searched the SM pages of the family and inside circle. I have seen things I can't post because of rules.

IF the car was driven into the desert to get a certain type of dust on it, JV was a very very busy man Sunday night. JMO

I can see the car being dusty if he was in a hurry driving on the dirt roads and his dirt yard. A few of the roads are paved or partly paved but most are dirt out there.

Stayed up late watching LE dig, but I am all caught up now. FruitTingles, you have been invaluable to this thread. THANK YOU! [emoji4] As a few other posters said, this has been one of the nicest threads. Everyone has been very respectful of each other.

Such a sad outcome. Two high school sweethearts who found their way back to each other. Now their lives are cut short and their happy future is no more. My heart is heavy for their loved ones, especially their children. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM Me too, very sad.

New on this site. Been reading the blogs & trying to comprehend the why of it all?? w the PI & statements /suspicions & the family not very forthcoming w him when he paid them a visit, I can't help to wonder if there isn't more to this story. Be curious to know JV background & motives as he states them.

Also remembering the white SUV & 3 guys info circled on the twitter map, which may have led them to JV. There is flap about 2 others connected to JV. Wondering if there may be a connection to the real estate agent Sid Cranston from kingman who vanished June 16,2015. this from internet Neighbor-" saw Sid speaking to [someone in] a white SUV. [Sid] went in the garage, back to what he was doing, and the next time he looked over, the garage was closed, Sid was gone, and the SUV was gone" Sidney purportedly was set to show a 10 acre property to an unknown client. would be interesting to know if these are connected in any way.

From what I've read, I don't think the family has a good relationship with the brother and the PI may have come on too strong. Welcome to WS!

awesome! I thought I was the only one looking for a Cranston connection I've been going through FB friends list to see if there's any connection between the carrecia's, sid and the last person to see him that day.

It may not be connected, but certainly worth checking. Several of us here have wondered about it, you're not alone. :-)

Thanks for your comment. I've been thinking about Sid throughout this case. I had forgotten about the white SUV. What is it about while SUV's? They seem to turn up so often in criminal cases!

In the desert white vehicles are very common due to the heat.

This was actually brought up in Thread One - then there was a huge discussion that followed about how white SUVs are so popular in the desert. Personally I think it needs to be checked out just in case. JMO

Me too.

Also, Thomas Keith Smith has been missing from Thunderbird Farms since July 31, 2013.
(Same neighborhood as Michael & Tina)

http://tinyurl.com/nla236w

If I'm not mistaken, the missing man, Thomas Smith lived just a mile or so west of the house where the bodies were discovered. I'm refraining from using their names until LE officially says it is the missing couple recovered last night.
Link to story of wife having Thomas Smith declared dead: http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/26511256/missing-maricopa-man-declared-legally-dead

I want to take just a moment to say thank you to everyone here for their input, theories, maps, .etc. Also, for being respectful to one another and the family, such an awful thing to have happen to them.
Welcome to new members.
:welcome6: :tyou:

New member here...been following this site and case closely since the story broke. I'm very familiar with Maricopa (have friends there) and live only 30 min away. Such a tragedy. I am also wondering if evidence will show sexual assault. Drugs were something that had been on my mind since the beginning. Not only because of our proximity to drug routes but because drugs are so often tied to these crimes. Not trying to pass judgement on the couple but that's just reality. You never know what kind of stuff people are into in their private lives and so much bad stuff follows drugs. Glad they found the guilty party and I hope justice is served so that at least the family has some closure.

Hello all! This is my first post on WS. I have been watching this case and this thread since day one. It's amazing that a community with different people with different backgrounds and opinions from locations all around the world can come together to aid in solving and keeping people informed with new information as it's released.

I am from IL and heard about this case from an old high school friend that moved to AZ that knew the family's daughter. This isn't the outcome I was hoping for from the beginning. Such a sad story.

I was hesitant to post during all of this because I am not familiar with the rules and lingo, but after following this thread, I feel like I have a better understanding and hoping to get more involved in WS threads.

That being said, I am interested to find out what the motive actually was. Did someone in the family compound know something and was afraid to speak up? Are there other's that could possibly be involved that we know nothing about at this time?

RIP Michael and Tina Careccia!

:wagon: to WS! I wondered about how much family knew when a PI was involved so early on. Perhaps we will find out more as the case unfolds.

Not a stereotype if he searched the SM pages of the family and inside circle. I have seen things I can't post because of rules.

Good to know he didn't make the connection strictly from the e-cigs. TY!

Who's to say Mike and Tina didn't walk over to JV's house for some reason or they stopped there the next morning?

I doubt they were accosted in the house.....unless, the perp threatened to kill the whole family. I know....we have to figure out how the car got a little ways away. That being said....if JV was at their house, he could of had access to the keys or they could possibly have been left in the vehicle? What IS the connection??

Pretty sure they didn't go over in morning as TC didn't take her purse. Is it possible they left for JV house in car and were killed at his house. Didn't want to get caught moving car or involving someone to pick him up if he disposed of car?

what was JV doing at the C's compound on Father's Day anyway? And was this the first
time T and M had met him, or was he at the compound often?

Exactly. I have seen the same content on their SM pages. So I'm not surprised that this element is a part of the case.

um hummmm ...Ok so there IS more to the story(it was reported on ABC15)......so the million $$ QUESTION is......-- is JV a drug dealer????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97