GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think about those pajamas too. There is a huge difference in what folks call pajamas.

Now days it's not unusual to see somebody shopping in their 'pajamas'. Flannel bottoms and a tshirt top. Or a pair of shorts and a t top.

Lot different from a pair of pajamas as some of us recall them being. A matching top and bottom only worn to bed and in the privacy of our home.

I suspect the pajama statement came from when they found Tina. MOO of course.

I forgot I had that article tagged to read and post in the media thread. That reference to pajamas sounds like it came from family and it would only take a half minute to throw on the same clothes you wore all day, with a spontaneous change of plans.
I still wonder if Tina went along to drive if Mike did imbibe a bit for the Father's Day celebration. And without her DL, not a big deal to go 2 streets over. His almost severed hand wouldn't preclude him from driving, would it?

http://www.inmaricopa.com/Article/2015/07/02/missing-couple-saga

A couple things I noticed from the link in your post:

http://www.inmaricopa.com/Article/2015/07/02/missing-couple-saga

Jose was considered from the beginning of the investigation to be suspicious "because he was a known meth addict at the family gathering."

Also,

" "For the victims, Tina and Mike, and for their surviving family, we want justice here. Not just for them, but for our community as well.” "

Is that a catch- all statement that yes, everybody wants justice.
Or
is there a meaning behind that statement, about the community, i.e. like perhaps there is more to this, like the arson fires.
Maybe this will bring out a resolution as to who may have started those fires, or been a part of those fires? That would be Justice for
the community as well...
IMOO.

".... he was a known meth addict at the family gathering." .....
" "For the victims, Tina and Mike, and for their surviving family, we want justice here. Not just for them, but for our community as well.” "
Is that a catch- all statement that yes, everybody wants justice.
Or
is there a meaning behind that statement, about the community, i.e. like perhaps there is more to this, like the arson fires.
Maybe this will bring out a resolution as to who may have started those fires, or been a part of those fires? That would be Justice for
the community as well...
IMOO.

Wow thanks Treelights. 2 good sleuths. Didn't realize he was "known meth addict" that gives a whole new light to the story.
& the community part....that is interesting & thought provoking

2 things to add...one is we have seen many of the family members in the news.. Tina's bro, Mikes bro-inlaw, Blayke, one of the sons...w exception of the younger children has anyone seen Michaels sister?? she is MIA

& my father who worked in forensics... always used to tell me the old quote "when you lay down w dogs..." you can google it ..... it rides with me thru life.... that dog in this story is LV *no offense dog lovers cause I luv my dog but he stays indoors

With Jose being a known meth addict at the family gathering, does that mean that they knew previously of his drug use, or he did drugs in front of them at the family gathering?

Also, the PI said that he (the PI) was told that Mike had a drug habit.

If that is true, then the scenario of him calling Jose between 9pm and 11pm, about drugs (whatever kind of drugs) is not far fetched.
The Probable cause statement referred to Several calls from Michael to Jose between 9 and 11pm.
Several calls means how many calls? Why not say two calls, 9pm and 11pm? Because Several means more than Two.
How many calls were placed and why?

If it was about the arson, would Michael call Jose more than twice to talk about the arsonist??

And the talking of flying at the family gathering.
Jose would have known that Michael was a pilot, if they were "friends" for 2 years, in my opinion.

Some things don't add up, and some things might look like other things. And maybe they are?

I wonder if it was a drug deal gone bad?
I wonder concurrently, if Jose did know more about the arsonist, as well.
These two subjects drugs, and arson seem to tie in somehow, or it is a co-incidence.
Michael and Tina's property did burn down though. That is fact.

IMOO.

I wonder all that too treelights...right now it is a small story, but there could be wayyyy...more to it. My mind wanders to what I really think but I wouldn't dare type it since it would be just a theory. There certainly has been a lot of bad things happening to the family--IMO go to grey areas & all hell seeps thru. One of the biggest questions I have is how long exactly did Tina live after Michael was killed.... a short time?? or an extra full day?? Could be vital knowing that.

Seems to me JV Methed-out --JV may have wanted to keep her around a while heavily drugged. Hate the thought, but its a possibility. Family didn't begin to look for them until late the next eve. So could she have been alive the next day in an "altered state"?

wonder what the timeline was when he got the backhoe???... I thought I read somewhere in the news M&T were taken to the shed first. I shoulda' been a PI...

This article states that Mike was on medical leave:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-say-skeptical-claims-parents-meth-users.html

I've read elsewhere that he was on long term disability. But I believe the airlines test their pilots periodically for drug usage and if that is true I can't see Mike Careccia as a drug user prior to his injury. And if he was on medical leave he might still be subject to testing. The family issued a statement that he went over because JV supposedly said he knew who committed arson on their property. I'm wondering if that is not the real reason instead of drugs. In any event, the ME will have toxicology tests performed. If they are negative, that would really be insulting to the family if JV not only murdered them, but accused them of abusing drugs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-say-skeptical-claims-parents-meth-users.html

I've read elsewhere that he was on long term disability. But I believe the airlines test their pilots periodically for drug usage and if that is true I can't see Mike Careccia as a drug user prior to his injury. And if he was on medical leave he might still be subject to testing. The family issued a statement that he went over because JV supposedly said he knew who committed arson on their property. I'm wondering if that is not the real reason instead of drugs. In any event, the ME will have toxicology tests performed. If they are negative, that would really be insulting to the family if JV not only murdered them, but accused them of abusing drugs.

Exactly!!! However, while not drawing any unfair conclusions of drugs regarding M or T since we don't have facts yet....

What we do know is this - we do know now JV is a known Meth user & we do know M&T came to his home late night& we do know they were found 6ft deep in his yard & we do JV buried them. So the question is the timeline between the 2 of them & the end of their lives, specifically Tina...& whether he could have at this point forced Tina w drugs for his own purposes. That would be my question if I were family.... because that could actually establish a motive for me .... IMO That is where I am going with this....

Seems to me JV Methed-out --JV may have wanted to keep her around a while heavily drugged. Hate the thought, but its a possibility. Family didn't begin to look for them until late the next eve. So could she have been alive the next day in an "altered state"?

I still believe the motive was an assault on T by JV. As for the pajamas, I think the family said they last saw her in pajamas, not that she was wearing when murdered.

Also from your link:

"Mr Careccia, a United Airlines pilot who was on medical leave, and Mrs Careccia, an accountant at a construction firm, were last seen alive leaving their Maricopa home on the morning of June 22.
They were reported missing by Mr Careccia's son, 17, that night after he could not reach them."

Well, according to the Probable Cause statement, the last time the family saw them was at 9pm on June 21st.

According to This article Someone SAW them leave their house on the morning of the 22nd.
Who saw them leave their house?
Or is this faulty reporting?
IMOO.

I have a relative who is a pilot, and he is VERY SERIOUS about no drugs as any trace in a drug test could ruin his career instantly.

However, we really won't know until they release the results.

Also from your link:

"Mr Careccia, a United Airlines pilot who was on medical leave, and Mrs Careccia, an accountant at a construction firm, were last seen alive leaving their Maricopa home on the morning of June 22.
They were reported missing by Mr Careccia's son, 17, that night after he could not reach them."

Well, according to the Probable Cause statement, the last time the family saw them was at 9pm on June 21st.

According to This article Someone SAW them leave their house on the morning of the 22nd.
Who saw them leave their house?
Or is this faulty reporting?
IMOO.

My guess faulty reporting.

"4 Safety Issues
4.1 StudyFindings
This study identified the following findings:
 The percentage of study pilots with positive toxicology findings for all drugs, including potentially impairing drugs, drugs used to treat potentially impairing conditions, and controlled substances increased from just less than 10% of study pilots in 1990 to 40% in 2011.
 The percentages of study pilots with positive toxicology findings for multiple drugs, multiple potentially impairing drugs, and multiple controlled substances also increased during the study period.
 The patterns of increasing prevalence of drug use and use of multiple drugs identified in study pilots’ toxicology test results are consistent with observed trends of increasing drug use by the US population in general.
 Sedating antihistamines were the most commonly identified drug category in toxicology test results of study pilots.
 Diphenhydramine (an active ingredient in Benadryl and Unisom products) was the most commonly identified sedating antihistamine and the most commonly identified potentially impairing drug in this study.
 The percentage of study pilots testing positive for marijuana use increased over the study period, primarily in the last decade.
 The distribution of accident event types has been generally similar for study pilots with and without evidence of recent use of potentially impairing drugs.
 Study pilots who did not have a medical certificate or whose medical certificate had expired were more likely to have positive toxicology findings for all drugs, potentially impairing drugs, drugs used to treat potentially impairing conditions, controlled substances, and illicit drugs.
 The percentage of study pilots without a current medical certificate has been increasing since 2005, and the available pilot demographic data suggest that the increasing trend of pilots flying without medical certificates will continue.

5 Conclusions
1. Findings of increasing drug use and increasing use of multiple drugs by fatally injured study pilots are indicative of similar trends in drug use by the US pilot population in general.
2. The overall risk of drug-related pilot impairment is increasing due to the growing use of potentially impairing drugs.
3. An increasing number of pilots are flying without a medical certificate and will likely make decisions about their medical fitness to fly, including use of drugs while flying, without periodic interaction with an Aviation Medical Examiner.
4. The Federal Aviation Administration does not provide pilots with adequate information to make informed decisions about which drugs are safe or unsafe to use while flying.
5. Federal Aviation Administration medical certification requirements and US Department of Transportation mandatory drug and alcohol testing requirements for safety-sensitive aviation personnel have been associated with fewer toxicological findings of impairing drugs and conditions among accident pilots subject to those requirements.
6. Although this study found an association between fatally injured pilots flying without a medical certificate and increased evidence of such pilots using drugs with impairing effects, there has not been a corresponding increase in the proportion of accidents in which the National Transportation Safety Board determined that impairment contributed to the accident.
7. The accident risk for pilots flying without a medical certificate cannot be accurately determined because the Federal Aviation Administration does not collect information about the number of these pilots or their flight activity.
8. States’ guidelines for health care providers regarding prescribing controlled substances for pain provide an opportunity to highlight the importance of discussing risks in all transportation modes when prescribing these medications.
9. Current written and oral communications are not effectively informing patients about the risks their medical conditions and drug use may pose when operating a vehicle in any mode of transportation.
10. There is a gap in the Federal Aviation Administration’s policies regarding marijuana that may lead to confusion about the agency’s position on marijuana use by pilots not subject to mandatory US Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing requirements.
11. Additional research is required to assess the complex relationship between pilots’ use of drugs and associated accident risk."

"Methamphetamine is a Schedule II, legally available but infrequently prescribed drug marketed under the brand name Desoxyn and used to treat obesity and attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome. This study differentiated licit versus illicit methamphetamine based on the fact that the methamphetamine molecule can be turned to the left or the right (left and right stereoisomers). Because the main form of legally available methamphetamine contains only the right hand form (the dextro-isomer) of the drug and no cases were found that included only that molecule, all of the cases involving both forms of methamphetamine were considered illicit for this study. However, the left hand form of methamphetamine is available topically in an OTC product intended to treat nasal congestion (Vick’s Vapor Inhaler). In two cases in this study, L-methamphetamine was found only in small amounts without association with other forms of methamphetamine. In these two cases, the finding was classified in the “nonsedating over-the-counter” category rather than the illicit category."

http://www.ntsb.gov/safety/safety-studies/Documents/SS1401.pdf

I think Mike's sister is the one in charge of the FB page that was leading the search efforts while they were missing. That's why we didn't see her. MOO

I am curious. How long after using Meth does it leave your body so it would not be detected in a blood test. If you knew you had to test say every two months could you use until some deadline then test clean?

[modsnip]

I love that they saw a double rainbow and a full rainbow after the vigil. When all of the details of their murder start to fade, I hope the family can take comfort in knowing they are together forever for eternity.

I hadn't heard that, and I so agree on the symbolism. I recall a few days after 09/11 we had a memorial in my town and it stormed prior but cleared just as things were getting underway with the most brilliant rainbow I've ever seen showing up in the sky. It really gave me a sense of comfort at the time and I hope it did for them as well.

I grew up with Jose and was very good friends with him up until about ten years ago. He has always had a short temper and would fight at a drop of a hat but I never thought he was capable of being a monster. He is also capable of lying to try to maneuver the outcome that he wants. I have a hard time believing this is only drug related.

I grew up with Jose and was very good friends with him up until about ten years ago. He has always had a short temper and would fight at a drop of a hat but I never thought he was capable of being a monster. He is also capable of lying to try to maneuver the outcome that he wants. I have a hard time believing this is only drug related.

In your opinion, what do you think happened?

I have a relative who is a pilot, and he is VERY SERIOUS about no drugs as any trace in a drug test could ruin his career instantly.

However, we really won't know until they release the results.
Alcohol ruins more pilot careers than drugs. There isn't drug testing when out on disability. Most testing occurs either before or after a flight when the pilots are met at the gate, leaving no room for substitution or adulteration. Also, if caught, you can admit to having a problem, go to rehab, and be reinstated. I've seen this happen over the years to a few guys. Commercial pilots aren't supposed to fly while taking a lot of seemingly harmless medications also. I do not think Mike would have returned to flying IMO.

I can't wrap my head around what possibly could have happened but I do know Jose is very street smart when it comes to LE. For example on his 2008 aggravated dui charge he told LE that he was Hep C positive. I was called to check him out. As soon as I walked in he saw me and admitted that he made it up knowing that it would cause more confusion in his arrest. I'm just not buying his version of events.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back