GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't wrap my head around what possibly could have happened but I do know Jose is very street smart when it comes to LE. For example on his 2008 aggravated dui charge he told LE that he was Hep C positive. I was called to check him out. As soon as I walked in he saw me and admitted that he made it up knowing that it would cause more confusion in his arrest. I'm just not buying his version of events.

Why do you think he confessed over the phone instead of in person? Any opinions on that?

I think he confessed over the phone thinking he would take his own life and he couldn't bring himself to do it

I can't wrap my head around what possibly could have happened but I do know Jose is very street smart when it comes to LE. For example on his 2008 aggravated dui charge he told LE that he was Hep C positive. I was called to check him out. As soon as I walked in he saw me and admitted that he made it up knowing that it would cause more confusion in his arrest. I'm just not buying his version of events.

That's interesting to know - quick to cause diversionary tactics. I noticed on the full arrest record it noted he'd threatened suicide prior to arrest (prob when confessing) and wondered if it was a ploy for sympathy bc he knew he was caught. I'm sure of it now and I'm sure he said anything he could to accept less guilt

I think he confessed over the phone thinking he would take his own life and he couldn't bring himself to do it

In your opinion, do you think he feels guilt or remorse?
Is that why you think he may have wanted to take his own life, but couldn't do it?
Was he suicidal previously? Do you know?

That's interesting to know - quick to cause diversionary tactics. I noticed on the full arrest record it noted he'd threatened suicide prior to arrest (prob when confessing) and wondered if it was a ploy for sympathy bc he knew he was caught. I'm sure of it now and I'm sure he said anything he could to accept less guilt

We have the same train of thought about mentioning suicide, but for different reasons.
In this case, I was hoping it would be for guilt/remorse, not to garner sympathy.
IMOO.

We have the same train of thought about mentioning suicide, but for different reasons.
In this case, I was hoping it would be for guilt/remorse, not to garner sympathy.
IMOO.

Yes we def do. I was on the fence wondering btwn the two motives for threatening and figured it'd be more apparent when we learn the truth of the other things he said. But then hearing he'd lied previously to distract an arrest it made me lean more toward that. I'm always suspect of real guilt/remorse when it only shows at the time the walls close in

Knowing him I don't think he is capable of feeling guilt or remorse when it is something that he is involved in. He is a sociopath and I think the drug use just exasperated his bad traits. But I honestly have to say he was a good friend to me personally. He was never suicidal. I could totally believe him beating the guy up but can't grasp him killing them both.

Knowing him I don't think he is capable of feeling guilt or remorse when it is something that he is involved in. He is a sociopath and I think the drug use just exasperated his bad traits. But I honestly have to say he was a good friend to me personally. He was never suicidal. I could totally believe him beating the guy up but can't grasp him killing them both.

It is interesting that you said he was a good friend to you.
If by chance he was upset with you, do you think he could have, would have, turned his anger on you, towards you in some way?
He was friends with Mike and Tina...

The difference between whatever friendship mike and Tina had with him and mine was that we grew up together. I can remember making him pissed and us arguing but he was loyal to a select few of and he never crossed that line. His aggravated dui was the last time I talked to him. I'm still in shock I wish I could sit down and talk to him and get the real story. I might not even recognize the person that he has become.

The difference between whatever friendship mike and Tina had with him and mine was that we grew up together. I can remember making him pissed and us arguing but he was loyal to a select few of and he never crossed that line. His aggravated dui was the last time I talked to him. I'm still in shock I wish I could sit down and talk to him and get the real story. I might not even recognize the person that he has become.

Thanks for your honesty.

You're welcome. Unfortunately it's the last thing I think about before I go to bed and the first thing when I wake up. I guess you never truly know a person. And that's hard for me to accept.

You're welcome. Unfortunately it's the last thing I think about before I go to bed and the first thing when I wake up. I guess you never truly know a person. And that's hard for me to accept.

Yes, it is difficult when the person you knew is not that same person you thought you knew.
I knew someone that I was shocked to find out is a child molester.
It is unfathomable, shocking, heartbreaking, and a multitude of other words. It is hard to grasp.
I understand somewhat of what you feel emotionally.
I was not "friends" per say with this person, but I knew him for years.
IMOO.

You could pay him a visit where he is now. See if he would talk with you & give you any closure on why. I know it is painful to see another side to an old friend. Especially one that was a loyal friend at one time.

You could pay him a visit where he is now. See if he would talk with you & give you any closure on why. I know it is painful to see another side to an old friend. Especially one that was a loyal friend at one time.

When you saw him in 2008 did he seem different then, or still the same person you grew up with? W he just drinking then in 2008 when he got the aggravated dui???

I've considered trying to visit him just tell him to tell the truth because the victims deserve the truth

I really feel like the arson cases have something to do with this

Did he like to "play with fire" when he was younger?
If he did, was this a part of an "anger issue" he had perhaps?
Getting even perhaps?
Do you know?

He didn't seem different at all in 08 still the same person with no regard for authority. He wanted to fight all the cops but I was able to keep him somewhat calm. To my knowledge alcohol was the only factor that night. I've known him to use coke so using meth isn't surprising at all.

I've considered trying to visit him just tell him to tell the truth because the victims deserve the truth
I think that would be a great idea. Might get him to think or reach down deep into compassion as he is drying out, & would give you some closure, because right now I would bet it is all raw. Do you know if he was revengeful when he was young?? Did you ever witness anything like that??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back