GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I looked at this guys 'rap sheet' and it's all pretty minor, didn't look closely but more a matter of fines and an anger management course than jail.

Meth use is known in many cases to have led to psychosis/uncontrollable anger leading to homicide, and the binge can last for days. It's quite possible he was high during the killing/burial, but has since come down and feels remorse he wouldn't have felt at the time.

So conceivable to me Michael and Tina had never seen this side of him.

Hmmm...Wonder why JV bail is so high?? 2Mil ....Wow! they must def suspect him of some type of intricate drug running.

Two deaths, previous criminal background, drugs, no reason to trust him not to run. For me, this is a standard and likely bail amount, if given bail at all.

Feliz Rios Nunez

http://www.copamonitor.com/news/local/article_a8629aba-20f7-11e5-85be-f375df7d3736.html

Thank you for the correct spelling of his name. This article also says Mike and Tina were IDed by tattoos "Babeu said family members were able to positively identify the bodies based on tattoos each had." I hope they were able to do that by cropped pictures that LE was taking last night.

Do we know how long it was between Mike and Tina's murders. I can't imagine the fear she was in if she knew her husband had been murdered.

Two deaths, previous criminal background, drugs, no reason to trust him not to run. For me, this is a standard and likely bail amount.

And probably a pretty unattainable amount. He's not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;k3a0w_6BYGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3a0w_6BYGM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3a0w_6BYGM[/video]

I haven't watch the whole video, but I believe this is the full PC.

Ugh, even though my head knew better my heart was hoping that they would be found alive. Definitely not what I thought had happened though. I thank those who posted updates!

Doing drugs will often lead someone into associating, even tangentially, with some unsavory characters. It's part of the lifestyle. Someone can look perfectly normal and all-American on the outside and be doing drugs. The point is: you can't know just from looking at someone.

And respectfully, how does anyone here 'know' whether Tina would have taken her purse to a drug deal or not? It's a drug deal, not a night out on the town. If they were only going mere blocks away, a purse is not a necessary accessory. If you have a pocket, you can put in cash and don't need to carry a purse. It's not like this JV dude was going to card them, checking their age.

I would think that one would NOT likely take her purse to a drug deal. Here's why... You are dealing with drug dealers, not known for being in particularly safe, honest up and up settings. You'd bring what cash you need, I would think. I think it would be a great risk to pull out your pocketbook, likely full of credit cards, a debit card, checkbook potentially, and peruse through it to get the money you need to pay for drugs, while the drug dealer is standing there eyeballing everything you have inside. It doesn't sound like this was their first rodeo buying drugs... I'm sure they would be savvy to how things work, how to try NOT to get robbed and/or killed during a drug deal.

Thank you for the correct spelling of his name. This article also says Mike and Tina were IDed by tattoos "Babeu said family members were able to positively identify the bodies based on tattoos each had." I hope they were able to do that by cropped pictures that LE was taking last night.

I am listening to the press conference recording and at 6:25, the PCSO official says positively identified, also.

https://youtu.be/k3a0w_6BYGM

Pot sure, coke maybe, meth????
I don't believe JV about the Careccias being meth users though. Maybe a business venture with him (the trailer fire came to mind for me as soon as the Meth word came out). Tox results will be telling. But still don't see them as users. There would have been rumors these past ten days. BTW I said over a week ago this gave me a Breaking Bad vibe!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Street views of the crime screen. See description lower right corner of image.

50677 W Papago Rd Dead Center - Google Maps.jpg

50665 W Papago Rd Far Left - Google Maps.jpg

50665  W Papago Rd Center - Google Maps (1).jpg

50665  W Papago Rd  Right- Google Maps.jpg

50647 W Papago Rd  Left - Google Maps.jpg

Wont toxicology testing show if Mike and Tina had meth in their system? If they did, it will come out at trial.

I guess this puts a pretty big dent in the theory that Tina had graduated to robbing banks.

BTW---In all the commotion last night, it was revealed that the blonde woman who DID rob the bank was captured. We should be seeing a mugshot of her sometime fairly soon, it may already be available. It's my understanding that she was picked up by the local cops when she failed to pay room rent on the hotel she was staying in.

I guess this puts a pretty big dent in the theory that Tina had graduated to robbing banks.

BTW---In all the commotion last night, it was revealed that the blonde woman who DID rob the bank was captured. We should be seeing a mugshot of her sometime fairly soon, it may already be available. It's my understanding that she was picked up by the local cops when she failed to pay room rent on the hotel she was staying in.

Nothing at all about it when you google. I wanted to see her mugshot.

Do we know how long it was between Mike and Tina's murders. I can't imagine the fear she was in if she knew her husband had been murdered.

I don't think we know. This bothers me so much. I'm not surprised he would kill Mike first because he didn't want to have to tangle with him. JV is a bully. I shudder to think what they both endured but especially Tina. Jmo

Babeu, in speaking with reporters outside PCSO headquarters in Florence, said 38-year-old Maricopa resident Jose Valenzuela told investigators he shot Mike and Tina Careccia with a .22 caliber handgun at his home following a dispute over drugs.
Valenzuela, Babeu said, was said to be a friend of the couple's and attended a Father's Day gathering at their home the night they were killed. The couple allegedly did meth with Valenzuela, then left with him to return to his home in the hopes of acquiring more of the drug.
When he refused to provide more, Valenzuela told police, a fight broke out and he killed the couple.
He would later bury their bodies in a hole six feet deep behind his home, using a backhoe borrowed from a friend.
“This has been a quick-moving investigation,” Babeu said, noting there was concern that Valenzuela was going to take his own life before deputies could take him into custody.
Babeu said PCSO had focused its investigation on Valenzuela within 24 hours of the reported disappearance, but that he played a “cat-and-mouse game” with detectives on volunteering to come in and discuss what he knew about the case. Once he finally confessed on Wednesday, it set in motion the search warrant at the home where he lived with other family members at 50665 W. Papago Road.

http://www.copamonitor.com/news/local/article_a8629aba-20f7-11e5-85be-f375df7d3736.html

BBM-----That of course would be Valenzuela's version of the story. That's not the way the other witness said it happened. Thankfully we have a living witness available to tell the story of what REALLY happened in the house that night.

IDK... is Meth a recreational drug? They looked like the salt of the earth couple.
Maybe explains why they were living with relatives, had one car? IDK I don't want to be harsh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw
Back